After escaping from Privateer's Hold, the Agent may wish to enhance their reputation within one of the major organisations of the Iliac Bay: The Mages Guild. However, without any true standing within the guild, the Agent will have to complete a few menial tasks for the Guild to prove their worthiness, as well as enhance their skills to meet the Guild's standards.
- Speak with a Guildmagister from the Mages Guild.
- Journey to and enter the specified dungeon.
- Track down and kill the imp.
- Return to the Guildmagister before the time limit expires.
When seeking to improve their standing with the Mages Guild, the Agent will be offered the chance to deal with "a minor problem". A Guildmagister from one of the Guildhalls reveals that an imp, belonging to one of the Guild's students, has escaped and fled to a nearby dungeon. The Agent is duly sent to destroy the imp and prevent a "potentially embarrassing" situation.
The Imp's WishEdit
Armed with either a steel (or better) weapon and/or a powerful destruction spell, the Agent must enter the specified dungeon to hunt down the imp. Inside the dungeon the Agent will have to fight through the usual random collection of creatures and enemies, potentially including the occasional imp. The target imp may, therefore, be difficult to identify, although when first struck the target imp will utter:
Once the imp has been slain, the Agent must escape the dungeon and return to the Guildmagister before the time limit expires.
The Agent will not receive any physical reward for completing the quest successfully, but will a boost to their reputation. The penalties for failing the quest are relatively high by comparison, but will also see gains among some anti-Mage Guild factions:
|The Pet Imp - n0c00y12|
The Mages Guild of [town] has hired me to find an imp that escaped from their laboratory. Apparently it is hiding out in [dungeon]. I need to have the creature dead and be back in [town] in [x] days.
- NPCs have a variety of comments to make referencing the quest when asked for any news:
- "I hear something escaped from the Mages Guild lab the other night."
- "[Oath], I saw a small shape skulking in the shadows last night."
- "I hear they torture imps in the Mages Guild laboratories!"
- "Those imps have a mean streak. [Random name]'s house was overrun with mice, just for chasing after it with a broom."
- "I heard an imp familiar escaped from the Mages Guild. They say that a wizard that loses his familiar is vulnerable to his enemies' spells."
- "Well, there's a minor scandal involving the Mages Guild's lab security."
- "The Mages Guild lost another experiment apparently."
This section contains bugs related to The Pet Imp. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
If the imp is killed in a single hit, the Agent will not receive the notification.
- The quest can still be completed but it makes it difficult to tell if it can be or not.
|The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall – Mages Guild|
|Services||Guildmagister • Odylic Mages • Academics • Patricians • Isolationists • Utility Mages • Crafters • The Cabal • Teleportation|
|Non-member Quests||A Missing Book • Ingredient Gathering • The Pet Imp • The Ancient Scroll|
|Member Quests||The Rare Ingredient • Unwrapping a Mummy • The Non-sleeping Noble • A Researcher's Notes • The Stuck Lock • A Question of Azimuthal Vectors|
|Reputational Quests||The Escaped Atronach • Guild Guarding • A Mage's Bodyguard • The Rogue Wizard • A Noble's Prophecy • An Irritating Imp • Banishing a Daedra|
|Baltham Greyman||The Former Student • Wonders Beyond Imagining • The Magical Hoard|