After joining one of the Eight Divine temples scattered throughout the Iliac Bay, the Agent will be assigned randomly determined quests to complete a temple missionary. Once they have achieved the rank of Acolyte or higher, one of the temple's missionaries will offer this more difficult quest.
- Speak with a Missionary from a joined Temple.
- Venture to the dungeon specified.
- Enter the dungeon to search for the lone ingredient.
- Escape the dungeon and return to the Missionary within the time limit to complete the quest.
Speaking with one of a joined Temple's Missionaries will reveal that their local Temple has recently fallen out with their God. Repentance can be achieved through "a rite of atonement", although the Temple lacks an untainted sample of an ingredient, needed to complete the rite. Fortunately, the Missionary knows where such a sample exists, and so the Agent is sent off to find it, hidden within one of the Iliac Bay's many dungeons.
A Sterling SampleEdit
The Agent will have to enter and search through the specified dungeon in order to find the ingredient, which can be found lying on its own somewhere within. When interacting with the ingredient the Agent them-self will remark:
With the ingredient safely in the Agent's inventory they must escape the dungeon and return to the Missionary within the time limit to complete the quest.
The Agent will receive a random amount of gold when they return to the Missionary with the ingredient. The success or failure of the Agent in undertaking the quest will also affect their reputation in the Temple:
|The Rite of Atonement - c0b20y08|
[Quest giver's name] of [temple], in [town], told me that [his/her] god was angered. [He/She] needs untainted [ingredient] from [dungeon] for a rite of atonement. It must be in [quest giver's name]'s hands at [temple] within [x] days.
- Although the Temple has fallen out with their God, there are no impacts to the gameplay.
- This is true regardless of success, failure or indeed rejection.
- This quest is identical, in almost every way, to another Temple quest: The Expiatory Sacrifice.
- The only difference between them is the rank required to obtain the quest, Initiate being enough to be given the former.
- NPCs will have a variety of responses relating to the quest when asked for any news:
- "Things have been rather ... tense around [temple] lately."
- "There was supposedly an unauthorized orgy in [temple]."
- "Someone spoke [temple's god]'s name backwards in a ceremony at [temple]."
- "[Temple] is back in favor with their god."
- "[Temple] is still out of favor with their god."
|The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall – Temples|
|Temples||Akatosh Chantry • Order of Arkay • House of Dibella • School of Julianos • Temple of Kynareth • Benevolence of Mara • Temple of Stendarr • Resolution of Z'en|
|Templar Orders||Order of the Hour • Knights of the Circle • Order of the Lily • Knights Mentor • Kynaran Order • Maran Knights • Crusaders • Knights of Iron|
|Non-member Quests||The Healing • The Spook • The Stolen Item • An Errand|
|Member Quests||The Haunted House • The Obsessed Child • The Missing Scholar • The Insane Priest • Hunt for Undead • The Heretic • The Cursed Weapon • The Expiatory Sacrifice • A Delivery • The Relic • The Rite of Atonement • The Great Evil|
|Unique Quests||Avenge the Dragons • The Desecrated Temple • Desired Artwork • The Price of Knowledge • The Arm of Fury • A Powerful Spirit • A Special Plant • The Bounty|