|The Savior of Selveni Nethri|
|Quest Giver||Selveni Nethri|
|Reward||The loot from the Sanctum|
- Location: Southfringe Sanctum
- Enemies: Spellswords, Frostbite Spiders and a Mage named Bashnag.
- Quest Giver: The quest starts when the Dragonborn finds her and talks to her.
- Defeat all the enemies inside the Southfringe Sanctum: Spellswords, Frostbite Spiders and their leader Bashnag
- Find Selveni trapped in a cobweb and cut her down
- Speak to her and tell her that the cave is clear and it is safe to go out now.
When exploring around the cave, be sure to kill every one of its inhabitants while proceeding. Eventually, upon following a tunnel where Bashnag is, leading away from where the spellswords once stood and fought, it would lead to a den of spiders as well as a giant spider. Upon eliminating the spiders, the player will stumble upon a woman asking to be released, who will explain that she was left for dead by her fellow necromancers. In order to complete the quest you must explain to her that it is safe to get out. The objective will only be completed after Selveni exits the Sanctum.
The only reward, (besides the glow of having done a good deed), is the loot in the Sanctum.
- Be careful as the necromancer's leader, Bashnag, is a powerful mage being able to summon a Frost Atronach
- Selveni may get stuck at the exit. She can be seen but not talked to. The Dragonborn exits the cave before reaching her. One way to get her out, though, is to give her a full blast of Unrelenting Force. It knocks her out of the entrance and the quest ends. Otherwise, leaving and re-entering the dungeon may fix it. Waiting one hour can fix it too (confirmed on PS3 and PC).
- Killing her will NOT end the quest.
- Sometimes after being explained to that it is safe to proceed, she stands still. Even with a blast of full Unrelenting Force, she gets back up and continues to stand still, without a proper dialogue, waiting an hour solves the problem.
- Quest may stay in quest log.
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (First appearance)