The Serpent Stone grants the Dragonborn the ability to use a ranged Paralysis poison on opponents once every in-game day. The poison paralyzes the target for 5 seconds and does 25 points of damage. As with many paralysis enchantments and spells, this ability is especially useful when NPCs become hostile towards the Dragonborn after dialogue.
- Galmar Stone-Fist will tell the Dragonborn that men have been sent to this location for generations to test their strength. He also says that ice wraiths are oddly attracted to this location.
- Paralysis is called Serpent's Spit and poison to health – Serpent's Venom in Creation Kit.
- Individual magic effects have more informative descriptions:
- Target is paralyzed for 5 and takes 25 points of damage over 5 seconds.
- Target takes 5 damage per second for 5 seconds.