The Spook is a Temples quest available during the events of The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall. While seeking to join one of the Temples spread across the Iliac Bay, the Agent must remove an undead creature from a local building.
Having escaped from Privateer's Hold (Location), the Agent may wish to join one of the temples of the Eight Divines scattered across the Iliac Bay. To do so, the Agent must enter one of the Temples to speak with the Missionary responsible for everyday duties. They will declare that the Agent's reputation within the Temple is too low for them to join, but by doing some quests for no reward the Agent's reputation will improve.
- Speak with a Missionary of one of the Temples.
- Journey to the town specified and find the haunted house.
- Enter the house and kill the undead creature.
- Return to the Missionary before the time limit expires to receive the reward.
Speaking with a missionary from one of the Temples reveals that the Agent may improve their reputation with the Temple by doing a simple task. A house in another town has been haunted by an undead creature, and it is up to the Temple to sort it out. Fortunately the Temple is willing to let the Agent attempt to destroy the creature, although if they fail to do so within a certain number of days someone else will do the job.
After arriving in the named town, the Agent will have to ask around the local populace to find the location of the house. Once found, the Agent must enter and find the undead, most likely roaming around in the attic. The creature will attack the Agent on sight, and will state when first hit: "In life I built this house. What right do the living have to interrupt my deathly dreams?"
Once the undead has been killed, the Agent must return to the Missionary before the time limit to complete the quest and receive the potential reward.
Successfully completing the quest will improve the Agent's standing with the specific Temple, potentially raising it high enough to enable them to join as a Novice. Furthermore, there is a one in three chance that the Missionary will give the Agent a map, revealing the location of an undiscovered dungeon somewhere in the province.
|The Spook - c0c00y11|
[Quest giver's name] of [temple], in [temple town] has given me the chance to rid [building] in [town] of an undead haunting. I have [x] days to do the job.
- Once the Agent has joined a Temple, this quest will not be available to them.
- The Haunted House is an almost identical quest available to the Agent when they have joined a specific Temple.
- This quest can be completed for one of the other Temples even if the Agent has joined a rival effort.
- NPCs will make a variety of comments on the quest when asked for any news:
- Acceptance: "[Building] is haunted by many powerful, evil spirits, they say."
- Success: "At last, [building] has only good, household spirits within."
- Failure: "[Building] is still haunted, despite the attempts of [temple]."
|The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall – Temples|
|Temples||Akatosh Chantry • Order of Arkay • House of Dibella • School of Julianos • Temple of Kynareth • Benevolence of Mara • Temple of Stendarr • Resolution of Z'en|
|Templar Orders||Order of the Hour • Knights of the Circle • Order of the Lily • Knights Mentor • Kynaran Order • Maran Knights • Crusaders • Knights of Iron|
|Non-member Quests||The Healing • The Spook • The Stolen Item • An Errand|
|Member Quests||The Haunted House • The Obsessed Child • The Missing Scholar • The Insane Priest • Hunt for Undead • The Heretic • The Cursed Weapon • The Expiatory Sacrifice • A Delivery • The Relic • The Rite of Atonement • The Great Evil|
|Unique Quests||Avenge the Dragons • The Desecrated Temple • Desired Artwork • The Price of Knowledge • The Arm of Fury • A Powerful Spirit • A Special Plant • The Bounty|