Steal three pre-placed items from the inside of a residence without being seen or caught.
The following is a list of possible target items, all of which also serve as Thieves Guild Trophies:
- Jeweled Flagon
- Jeweled Candlestick
- Jeweled Goblet
- Jeweled Pitcher
- Golden Urn
- Golden Ship Model
- Ornate Drinking Horn
The following is an incomplete list of possible target locations:
- Nepos' House in Markarth
- Ogmund's House in Markarth
- Smelter Overseer's House in Markarth
- Treasury House in Markarth
- Bolli's House in Riften
- Marise Aravel's House in Riften
- Romlyn Dreth's House in Riften
- Snow-Shod Manor in Riften
- Amren's House in Whiterun
- Carlotta Valentia's House in Whiterun
- Heimskr's House in Whiterun
- House Gray-Mane in Whiterun
- House of Clan Battle-Born in Whiterun
- Uthgerd's House in Whiterun
- Ysolda's House in Whiterun
- Atheron Residence in Windhelm
- Viola Giordano's House in Windhelm
- House of Clan Cruel-Sea in Windhelm
- House of Clan Shatter-Shield in Windhelm
Note: Target locations for this quest are limited to residences in the cities of Markarth, Riften, Solitude, Whiterun and Windhelm only.
- 100-500(depending on Thieves Guild Quest progression)
- Possible Thieves Guild Trophy (depending on number of jobs completed)
I've been told to clear <radiant house> in <radiant city> of valuables. I need to complete this job without killing any of the location's residents or getting caught and spending time in jail.
Before the task could be completed, I decided to quit. I've therefore failed the job and forfeited any pay I might have received.
I've cleared <radiant house> in <radiant city> of valuables
During the course of this task, I was arrested and sent to the local jail. I've therefore failed the job and was forced to forfeit my share of the pay.
I've successfully complete the job and received my share of the pay.
- These are side quests and do not play a role in successful completion of the main Thieves Guild quest line, but do count towards activating City Influence Quests.
- If the player has a Sweep Job and a Bedlam Job activated at the same time in the same city, two of the sweep targets will finish the bedlam quest. It is important to do the Bedlam Job before the Sweep Job to avoid not being able to steal the third item for the Sweep Job and a failed quest.
- Sometimes when trying to clear out Bryling's House in Solitude, the items do not disappear when activated, but they do count towards Bedlam jobs and Sweep jobs. However one of the items does not count for either job, making the quest uncompletable.
This section contains bugs related to The Sweep Job. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- If Heimskr's House is picked as the target and the Battle for Whiterun has already been completed, then this quest will be impossible to complete since the house is destroyed in the battle. (PC Workaround: In the Console Command prompt type
coc WhiterunHeimskrsHouseto get into his house.)
- One's compass may point out that the sweep targets are in the Ragged Flagon, this can be solved by simply exiting the flagon, although, the same thing might occur after acquiring another sweep job.
- Accepting, quitting or basically performing any kind of inquiry on a sweep job may cause the screen to be glitched. This disables looking (a.k.a turning) until the game is quit and then restarted.