Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Udyrfrykte is a troll-like creature in the The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind expansion, Bloodmoon. He is part of the quest "The Mead Hall Massacre" and can be found in the Lair of the Udyrfrykte. This creature uses a severed Nord leg as a weapon.
- Heart of the Udyrfrykte
- Severed Nord leg
- The Mead Hall Massacre quest has elements tying the quest to the tale of "Beowulf" thus making reference to the creature named Grendel.
- Also an element of "Beowulf," Grendel's character dies after blood loss when the epic hero Beowulf severs his arm. The Severed Nord Leg being a weapon of the beast may be an allusion to this.
- The Norwegian words "Udyr" and "Frykt" respectively translate to "Beast" and "Fear".
- The Uderfrykte Matron is a creature found in Oblivion, despite a small spelling difference from the original Udyrfrykte, a journal found near the Uderfrykte Matron, suggests that it is the mother of the Udyrfrykte.
- Udyrfrykte is also referenced in Skyrim as "Udefrykte" and has a similar appearance.
- In Agnar's Journal in Oblivion, an "Uderfrykte" is referred to, but, though the spelling in Morrowind is different, it describes the same creature.