After the Dragonborn becomes part of The Circle and thus a werewolf, all of the werewolf totems will be found here. In addition to its involvement in the Companions quest line, the Underforge serves as an escape route out of Whiterun.
- Curing yourself of Lycanthropy will disallow entry to the Underforge as well as the quest "Totems of Hircine."
- If one uses Klimmek's Supplies or Arvak to get onto the normally unreachable exit outside Whiterun, "To Underforge" will not appear and they will not be able to enter the Underforge from there. (Tested after becoming cured, unsure if a Werewolf could still enter.)
- The Underforge Exit is an abandoned tower that has been broken down. The tower is empty and is believed to be an old tower for Whiterun, but was destroyed in some past event.
- Unless the follower is a member of The Circle, they will not be able to follow you into the Underforge (tested and confirmed with Serana).
This section contains bugs related to The Underforge. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- One may be unable to re-enter the Underforge after completing the Companions Questline.
- confirmation needed Despite other Companion members being the only followers who can enter the Underforge with you, even they may not be able to enter sometimes.