|The Woodsman's Friend|
| Base Damage:|
| Base Value:|
|Class: Two-Handed, Battleaxe|
The Woodsman's Friend is a unique iron battleaxe found in Falkreath Hold. It does slightly more damage than a normal iron battleaxe, but takes longer to swing. Because of this you actually lose damage points overall. The only benefit of getting this weapon is to complete your Two Handed Unique Weapon collection.
The axe is located just southwest of the Conjurer's Altar and north of Pinewatch, near the body of a dead woodcutter. There are two sets of felled trees, it is located near the set of trees closest to Lake Ilinalta (on the southeastern side of the lake).
- Locate Pinewatch (Falkreath Hold)
- Follow the path north, through the pass and towards the lake
- Locate the first set of felled trees (just to the right of the trail)
- Optional* Go to the Conjurer's Altar to locate the second set of felled trees (closer to the shore)
- Walk along the felled trees
- Go to the alive tree on the left (closest to the rocks)
- The axe is in the grass (slightly hidden) at the base of the tree
The Woodsman's Friend cannot be upgraded at grindstones.
- There is a possibility that "The Woodsman's Friend" may vanish/disappear when it is approached.
- If Serana raises the dead woodcutter, the axe may reappear again and again after being picked up.
- If Hearthfire is installed, the dead woodcutter may not spawn, and neither will his axe.
- The dead woodcutter may not spawn, making the axe difficult to locate.