A Thief Cache is a barrel in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim that can be looted for various items. The Thief Caches in Riften appear immediately after the Dragonborn has joined the Thieves Guild (being the Guild Master is not required). The "Special" missions assigned by Delvin Mallory must be completed for each specific hold in order for the other Thief Caches to appear.
The Thief's Cache shadowmark is present on the side of the Barrel.
At higher levels, most Thief Caches may contain a Daedric Dagger with a random enchantment, some Daedric Arrows and gems, and a way of lockpicking, be it a potion of lockpicking or a large amount of lockpicks.
- In the garden at Honeyside, against the Riften city wall (by the potatoes, leeks and cabbages).
- On The Ratway whilst standing outside Valindor's House, and looking straight ahead.
- In the corner on the balcony overlooking the Guards' training grounds by Mistveil Keep. Accessed through the second floor of the guard's barracks.
- Just outside of the door to Vlindrel Hall.
- On the walkway above The Treasury House.
- At the base of the waterfall by the blacksmith. Half submerged in the water.
- In the small courtyard on the side of Nirayne's house.
- Right next to the door to Sadri's Used Wares.
- Tucked at the end of a tiny alley to the right of Hjerim's entrance.
- Behind Vittoria Vici's home, located next to Proudspire Manor.
- To the right of Erikur's house among the other barrels.
- At the end of alley between the Winking Skeever and Angeline's Aromatics.
- Behind Carlotta Valentia's house.
- South of House Gray-Mane in the corner of the city's wall.
- Behind the Bannered Mare.
- Basement of Glover Mallory's House.
- Caches in Whiterun, Solitude, Windhelm, and Markarth may not show up at all, even after all the Thieves Guild quests have been completed. Been fixed with the 1.9 beta patch via Steam. However, a recent update on 8.4.13 fixed all bugs.