Thonar Silver-Blood is a Nord in Markarth. He is the most prominent member of the Silver-Blood Family, the richest family in The Reach. He and Nepos the Nose are the primary antagonists of the quest "The Forsworn Conspiracy," he is also the primary antagonist of "No One Escapes Cidhna Mine."
Thonar is the younger brother of Thongvor Silver-Blood, who fought in the Great War. After the Markarth Incident, his family practically ruled over the Reach, now his brother deals with the politics at the Jarl's court leaving him to manage the family business and this makes him the more powerful and influential of the two brothers. He and his family owns the Treasury House, Cidhna Mine and the Silver-Blood Inn in the city, as well as some land in the hold which was acquired by bullying local landowners into selling them. He chose Betrid Silver-Blood to be his wife, but Betrid only married him for the money.
As the Dragonborn finds their way out of Cidhna Mine, they will be confronted by Thonar, who will act on the decisions made inside the mine prior to escaping and will award the Dragonborn with his family heirloom, Silver-Blood Family Ring, if sided with.
- "The Silver-Bloods pay their debts."
- "Every prisoner in the Reach is just another worker for our family."
- "We control every piece of this city. The people should be calling us kings."
- "Thongvor may be the head of the family, but I'm the hands."
- Thonar loses his essential status after "No One Escapes Cidhna Mine" is completed.
- In the Creation Kit, Thonar Silver-Blood is revealed to be in a secret love relationship with Lisbet.
- Once "No One Escapes Cidhna Mine" is completed, killing Thonar will trigger a Courier to find the Dragonborn later on, bringing you word of an inheritance.