Role in the familyEdit
He expresses unhappiness with Jarl Igmund for not listening to him, despite the Silver-Bloods being the richest and most influential family in Markarth. He is particularly upset about the Jarl's decision to support the White-Gold Concordat, which outlawed the worship of Talos. He is a supporter of Ulfric Stormcloak.
Thongvor argues with Brother Verulus over the recent closing of the Hall of the Dead in Markarth. Thongvor isn't happy about being denied access to his ancestors' graves, located left of the Understone Keep.
If the Stormcloaks gain control of Markarth, during the quest The Battle for Fort Sungard, Thongvor becomes the new Jarl of Markarth. Yngvar the Singer will be his housecarl and Reburrus Quintilius will be his steward.
- "Markarth lives because my family makes sure it's fed gold and silver."
- "The Jarl can refuse me all he likes. He can't ignore us forever."
- "The Silver-Blood family will be heard."
Hall of the DeadEdit
Thongvor "What are you hiding, priest?"
Verulus "I'm not hiding anything. Its closed for a reason."
Thongvor "Typical Imperial lies. First you take away Talos, and now keep us from seeing our honored dead? You and the Jarl will answer for any desecration of my ancestors' bodies!"
Verulus "That's enough, Thongvor. We're done."
- This list is incomplete; help us expand it.
Thongvor: "Jarl can refuse to see me all he likes. He can't ignore us forever."
Thongvor: "You there. You another Imperial puppet? Answer me."
I support the Empire. What of it? To be Added
I'm no friend of the Imperials. "Finally, someone with decent sense. The Empire is destroying everything Skyrim stands for. Honor. Pride. Mighty Talos. Jarl Igmund can't ignore us for much longer. Not if the Silver-Blood family has a say."
I don't know what you're talking about. To be Added
- You said something about Talos? "That's a true Nord hero. A legend. So great that the Divines themselves lifted his soul into the heavens and made him a god. He founded the Empire, and now they've turned their back on him. To appease the Elves. Elves! Do the Elves rule Skyrim, or do the Nords?"
- What's this about elves? "They started the Great War. Nearly destroyed the Imperial City. Then the Emperor took the coward's way out and surrendered. Now the Elves dictate everything we do, and they don't want us acknowledging a "mere human" like Talos as the god he is."
- Why should the Jarl listen to you? "We own Cidhna mine. Best prison in Skyrim and source of half the wealth in this city. We keep the Reach safe. We flood Markarth with wealth, but does the Jarl listen to us when we want a say? No. He's busy forgetting that Ulfric Stormcloak saved this city from the Forsworn. Ulfric's a hero, not a damn criminal."
- Ulfric saved Markarth? How? "He used the Thu'um. Shouted those Forsworn from the walls. Then he led a band of Nord warriors in to take the city. Just like Talos himself at the Battle of Old Hroldan, reclaiming the Reach from those heathen natives."
- Moth gro-Bagol apparently served with Thongvor in the Imperial Legion in the past, describing the Nord as "a good man and a tough soldier."
- Despite being an outspoken supporter of Ulfric Stormcloak, Thongvor is still seen wearing the Imperial Bracers from his days as a Legionnaire.
- He is voiced by Michael Gough.