Wikia

Elder Scrolls

Theories about the Skyforge

  • What do you think the Skyforge is? I pesonally think it was left there by the aedra for mortals to use

      Loading editor
    • It's most likely another major focus point for magical energies within Nirn.  Think Red Mountain and Throat of the World, just with weapons, lol.  This doesn't mean I don't agree with you, just that it's a little more mystical in nature than simply being left by the Aedra.  I think it was build by Man or Mer on that spot because of the energies harnessed by it.  Like the Rift in Cardiff!

        Loading editor
    • Maybe it was built by the aldmer like the wells in oblivion.

        Loading editor
    • Do we have any numbers on age?  It could be like the tower in Cyrodil, made by the Ayleads(sp?).

        Loading editor
    • Well the Skyforge was there before Ysgramor settled down in Tamriel. The entirety of Whtierun was built around it, so it predates Dragonsreach (Olaf One-Eye) and Jorrvaskr. 

        Loading editor
    • It's fire is as pure as the fire that keeps Earth alive. It is probably an ancient landmark created by higher beings such as the 8 original divines. (Talos wasn't born when this was made) The Skyforge wasn't built it was always there since the creation of time serving the greatest blacksmith known to man and nowadays it forges Chuck Norris' metal workings. The Skyforge is the landmark that keeps us in mind that the foundation of society is of the working man.

        Loading editor
    • I was with you and supporting you all the way up to the Chuck Norris thing . . . for the most part this forum has been devoid of the stupid jokes (plenty of stupid opinions, but it is the internet).  I'm severely dissappointed.

        Loading editor
    • Yeah but who the hell wants to know how the Skyforge was made. It was put in the game to be a unique forge.

        Loading editor
    • Well you see, WraithWyvern, there are those of us that play a game for the story.  Part of those players not only want to know and play through the story of that game, but understand how it affects the story in the entire universe that encompases that game and that story.  We are usually called "lore seekers", we desire to know the whole of the story beyond just the picture painted us in Skyrim. 

        Loading editor
    • PsijicThief wrote:
      Well you see, WraithWyvern, there are those of us that play a game for the story.

      Because you never see a guy pay more than 20 dollars to push buttons the buttons must do something.

        Loading editor
    • I think that the Skyforge just never was made it was just there. Like how Mt. Everest is there.

        Loading editor
    • PsijicThief wrote:
      there are those of us that play a game for the story.  Part of those players not only want to know and play through the story of that game, but understand how it affects the story in the entire universe that encompases that game and that story.  We are usually called "lore seekers", we desire to know the whole of the story beyond just the picture painted us in Skyrim. 

      We're like the people who study the lives of an artist to understand what was going on in their mind when they created their work of art.

      Hermaeus Mora is our patron, he guides us to knowledge we did not have before. We are The Knowledge Seekers, and we will NEVER be stopped.

        Loading editor
    • Well, taking the proximity to the lunar forge into account, it seems that there is some sort of magick at work around Whiterun that causes semi-molten metal to take on unique properties given the proper equipment. The forge itself could have possibly been designed by Zenithar to take advantage of this fact. Or perhaps the lunar forge is piggybacking so to speak on the power of the Skyforge, being a failed attempt to recreate its capabilities.

        Loading editor
    • And RandomPhysicsNerd wins the award for most awesome use of RandomSkyrimPhysics! haha

        Loading editor
    • RandomPhysicsNerd wrote:
      Well, taking the proximity to the lunar forge into account, it seems that there is some sort of magick at work around Whiterun that causes semi-molten metal to take on unique properties given the proper equipment. The forge itself could have possibly been designed by Zenithar to take advantage of this fact. Or perhaps the lunar forge is piggybacking so to speak on the power of the Skyforge, being a failed attempt to recreate its capabilities.

      hmm, piggybacking power, sounds feesable, but what would be their equivelant to the underforge?

      also, why does the underforge have a wolf motif, when 1. the skyforge has an eagle motif, and 2. the companions weren't werewolves until later in their existance?

        Loading editor
    • I'm probably not the best person to listen to when it comes to this, as I've never done the Companions questline, but from looking at the wiki it doesn't seem like the underforge has any special properties other than being where all the werewolf stuff takes place. I'm not familliar with any lore that might already exist for it, but the Companions might've just built it later when all the werewolf business started happening, for Talos knows what reason. And of course, if you were asking why there isn't an underforge counterpart for the lunar forge, the answer could be that the skyforge is famous while the underforge is kept secret.

      Wait, is there even a forge in the underforge? If not, it could just be that the room itself is called the undeforge because it's, well, under the forge.

        Loading editor
    • Pink Slim wrote:

      also, why does the underforge have a wolf motif, when 1. the skyforge has an eagle motif, and 2. the companions weren't werewolves until later in their existance?

      The underforge is just an area under the forge, it has nothing to do with the Companions origins or the Skyforge itself.  It just has the luxury of being a cave underneath it.

        Loading editor
    • Perhaps the Ehlonofey had some involvement. Just a random thought.

        Loading editor
    • WraithWyvern wrote:
      I think that the Skyforge just never was made it was just there. Like how Mt. Everest is there.

      Mt. Everest wasnt always there it was created when india (and its tectonic plate) crashed into the asian plate, the force of the collison caused the ground to rse upwards. thats why every year Mt. Everst gets slightly taller.

        Loading editor
    • Blinded by science, lol.

        Loading editor
    • I think the skyforge was either made by the Altmer or the Ayelids. Or maybe the people who rebelled against the Dargons used it to make weapons? Not likely, but who knows? (Bethesda). The Skyforge is the shape of an eagle... Maybe it was the Red Eagle's forge? (He was around before Ysgramor came with his 500. Wasnt't he?)

        Loading editor
    • RandomPhysicsNerd wrote:
      Well, taking the proximity to the lunar forge into account, it seems that there is some sort of magick at work around Whiterun that causes semi-molten metal to take on unique properties given the proper equipment. The forge itself could have possibly been designed by Zenithar to take advantage of this fact. Or perhaps the lunar forge is piggybacking so to speak on the power of the Skyforge, being a failed attempt to recreate its capabilities.

      Makes sense to me. sounds similar to what PsijicThief said at first. "Existed before man and mer" sounds like legend, while the Elves fearing it gives me an idea. It may be Dwemer in design. Remember, it is just legend that says it is that old. It might not really be. And it may just be feared because it could have once been a major Dwemer hotspot. Dwarves were always good at tapping into the ancient power of the gods, and even tried to make some themselves (see Morrowind). They may have found this little magical pool, and decided to build a forge on it, to craft better steel for their constructs. The only reason there wasn't a city there, was because the waves sent out by the forge disrupted their little robots, or some other reason.


      My next theory is that the elves fearing it is all lies. The forge itself features a MASSIVE eagle motif, where as the armor does as well. If there's one thing TES has been good at, it has been matching art styles in timeline breaking ways.

        Loading editor
    • Thalmor Assassin wrote:
      I think the skyforge was either made by the Altmer or the Ayelids. Or maybe the people who rebelled against the Dargons used it to make weapons? Not likely, but who knows? (Bethesda). The Skyforge is the shape of an eagle... Maybe it was the Red Eagle's forge? (He was around before Ysgramor came with his 500. Wasnt't he?)

      Nah, Red Eagle ruled over the Sundered Hills in the Reach for awhile in the first era so I don't think he has a connection with the Skyforge. Red Eagle was also born in 1E 1030 while Ysgramor was was born sometime in the merethic era so he wasn't around when Ysgramor came with his 500 companions to the Old Kingdom (Skyrim). Like I said, there is no connection between him and the Skyforge unfortantly...  

        Loading editor
    • Hmmm… Someone had to make it, if you read the Whiterun Lore from Mr. Rhexx Jeek The River made the Skyforge I believe.

        Loading editor
    • "They looked with fear at the winged colossus, and from their babblings did the warriors of the Jorrvaskr learn that it was older than even the elves themselves. Of those who wrought it solid from its mother-stone, nothing could be said, but it was known to drive a magic almost as old as Nirn itself, some remnant of the gods' efforts to render a paradise in Mundus before the shattering of Lorkhan."  Songs of the Return Volume 7

      Even the elves of the 1st era and the Atmorans did not know who created it. However it predates the elves, which pushes its creation into atleast the early Merthic era if not all the way into the Dawn era.

        Loading editor
    • Will you acknowledge the Direnni Tower as being the oldest building in creation, though, Banneram?

        Loading editor
    • Well the Adamantine Tower was constructed in ME 2500, also the end of the dawn era. Time gets real fuzzy around that particular time. However I am not sure if it is anecdotal that the Adamntine tower is the oldest physical structure on Nirn.

      "According to King Harald's bards, ME2500 was the date of construction of the Adamantine Tower on Balfiera Island in High Rock, the oldest known structure of Tamriel. (This corresponds roughly to the earliest historical dates given in various unpublished Elvish chronicles.)" Before the Ages of Men

      So it just confirmed to be the oldest known structure, there may be other structures unknown possibly.

        Loading editor
    • I thought I read somewhere that it was actually involved in the creation of Nirn. (I could be wrong though, as it is 1 am here). From memory though, the source was somewhat vague, as all sources are involved in the Dawn Era.

        Loading editor
    • Once again I will quote from Before the Ages of Men

      "When Magic (Magnus), architect of the plans for the mortal world, decided to terminate the project, the Gods convened at the Adamantine Tower [Direnni Tower, the oldest known structure in Tamriel] and decided what to do. Most left when Magic did. Others sacrificed themselves into other forms so that they might Stay (the Ehlnofey). Lorkhan was condemned by the Gods to exile in the mortal realms, and his heart was torn out and cast from the Tower. Where it landed, a Volcano formed. With Magic (in the Mythic Sense) gone, the Cosmos stabilized. Elven history, finally linear, began (ME2500)" Before the Ages of Men

      Adamantine tower was not directly tied to creation, but more to the ordering of time. When Magnus left time was finally able to become linear. Adamantine tower was also where the Aedra tore apart Lorkhans body, and Auriel shot Lorkhans heart into the sea.

      So I take this statement that the Adamantine tower was the oldest structure known to the mortal races, so by that logic there may have been structures unknown the the mortal races.

        Loading editor
    • PsijicThief wrote:
      It's most likely another major focus point for magical energies within Nirn.  Think Red Mountain and Throat of the World, just with weapons, lol.  This doesn't mean I don't agree with you, just that it's a little more mystical in nature than simply being left by the Aedra.  I think it was build by Man or Mer on that spot because of the energies harnessed by it.  Like the Rift in Cardiff!


      Nice Doctor Who refrencee

        Loading editor
    • Ada-mantia was only the meeting place for Convention (See The Towers). My theory is the Skyforge was made by the Ehlnofey and uses forgotten dawn era magics.

        Loading editor
    • I think it is a fair theory, it had to exist before circa 1000 ME. That is roughly the time that the Atmorans began their colonization of Skyrim.

        Loading editor
    • Consider this - The Skyforge bears the image of a hawk or eagle. Kyne often is represented as a hawk, and the eagle is what the Aldmer used to symbolize the Aedra...

        Loading editor
    • Maybe the story goes like this...Once upon a time there was a group of Ehlnofey who worshipped Kyne on top of the hill that would become Whiterun. Then, a group of Daedra worshippers passed through and killed all but one, a warrior-hero. This one made his last stand, but was defeated. They piled the bodies next to the Eagle Statue of Kyne and set them ablaze. Kyne looked upon the sight and decided to honor the dead. Eorlund Gray-Mane himself said that the Skyforge is fueled by the ashes of heroes. Kynareth created the Skyforge and the 'magic' of the forge is the ashes of great warriors.

        Loading editor
    • I reckon that the Skyforge is perhaps the first structure in Skyrim. Call it a petty reason but the fact they both start with "sky" is perhaps not coinsidence. The Skyforge has the ability to create stronger steel then regular forges. In the real world, steel is made stronger with more carbon I believe, the TES equivilent is conundrum. Perhaps it has more of that metal in the forge itself? When it comes to its origin then that fact that it was Kyne is the most likely. The forge may have been made as a way of saying "This land shall be Skyrim" this could be true considering it is right in the middle of Skyrim and the name is similar as stated before. Perhaps it could be like the flag on the moon or in the TES universe; the hammer in Hammerfell. It is a landmark. That is what I think atleast, I can't think of anything better. Normally I love coming up with theories but I have little ideas when it comes to this...

        Loading editor
    • Nerevarine465 wrote:
      Maybe the story goes like this...Once upon a time there was a group of Ehlnofey who worshipped Kyne on top of the hill that would become Whiterun. Then, a group of Daedra worshippers passed through and killed all but one, a warrior-hero. This one made his last stand, but was defeated. They piled the bodies next to the Eagle Statue of Kyne and set them ablaze. Kyne looked upon the sight and decided to honor the dead. Eorlund Gray-Mane himself said that the Skyforge is fueled by the ashes of heroes. Kynareth created the Skyforge and the 'magic' of the forge is the ashes of great warriors.

      This seems pretty logical to me, but I think that Zenithar had something to do with it.

        Loading editor
    • I can see how you think it was Zenithar since his symbol looks like an anvil but he doesn't believe in war and bloodshed, I think it to be Kyne considering she is the strongest of the SKY spirits and her symbol is a bird or an eagle just like the Skyforge has.

        Loading editor
    • could it have been multiple devines?

        Loading editor
    • 208.54.5.133 wrote:
      RandomPhysicsNerd wrote:
      Well, taking the proximity to the lunar forge into account, it seems that there is some sort of magick at work around Whiterun that causes semi-molten metal to take on unique properties given the proper equipment. The forge itself could have possibly been designed by Zenithar to take advantage of this fact. Or perhaps the lunar forge is piggybacking so to speak on the power of the Skyforge, being a failed attempt to recreate its capabilities.
      Makes sense to me. sounds similar to what PsijicThief said at first. "Existed before man and mer" sounds like legend, while the Elves fearing it gives me an idea. It may be Dwemer in design. Remember, it is just legend that says it is that old. It might not really be. And it may just be feared because it could have once been a major Dwemer hotspot. Dwarves were always good at tapping into the ancient power of the gods, and even tried to make some themselves (see Morrowind). They may have found this little magical pool, and decided to build a forge on it, to craft better steel for their constructs. The only reason there wasn't a city there, was because the waves sent out by the forge disrupted their little robots, or some other reason.


      My next theory is that the elves fearing it is all lies. The forge itself features a MASSIVE eagle motif, where as the armor does as well. If there's one thing TES has been good at, it has been matching art styles in timeline breaking ways.

      Well, the dwemer were elves as they have "mer" in their name, referring to the fact that they were elves, and upon further research, they were just elves that live underground. Actually, dwemer roughly translates to "Deep Elves". FYI: all from a loading screen (Just kidding about the research part, who does that anywhere besides school?!)

        Loading editor
    • the "deep" part of the Deep elves is meant to translate to their thoughts, as in they have Deep thoughts.

        Loading editor
    • Pink Slim wrote:
      the "deep" part of the Deep elves is meant to translate to their thoughts, as in they have Deep thoughts.

      I don't mean to be offensive in any way, but Dwe roughly translates to "Deep", and mer translates to "Elf" in the old language.

        Loading editor
    • UselessArgonianMage wrote:
      I reckon that the Skyforge is perhaps the first structure in Skyrim. Call it a petty reason but the fact they both start with "sky" is perhaps not coinsidence.

      I think I might consider this a coincidence now that I read more about it, I found it was named Skyforge after it was found.

      "Scout under Jeek's command, Jander the Tiny, came back with news about a strange monument of a bird whose eyes and beak were opened in flame. However, by the time they arrived there were no elves to be seen, despite the vast plain that surrounded it. When elven captives were asked about the plain and the monument, they said that they knew nothing. The monument, that was later named Skyforge, had stood there long before Mer, so it was an object of fear among their people."

        Loading editor
    • DawnHater wrote:
      Pink Slim wrote:
      the "deep" part of the Deep elves is meant to translate to their thoughts, as in they have Deep thoughts.
      I don't mean to be offensive in any way, but Dwe roughly translates to "Deep", and mer translates to "Elf" in the old language.

      so? that doesn't specifically force it to mean underground kind of deep, it is supposed to mean deep in thought, as in wise.

        Loading editor
    • Pink Slim wrote:
      DawnHater wrote:
      Pink Slim wrote:
      the "deep" part of the Deep elves is meant to translate to their thoughts, as in they have Deep thoughts.
      I don't mean to be offensive in any way, but Dwe roughly translates to "Deep", and mer translates to "Elf" in the old language.
      so? that doesn't specifically force it to mean underground kind of deep, it is supposed to mean deep in thought, as in wise.

      Considering the Dwemer were more interested in Science than Magic, I agree with Pink

        Loading editor
    • The original name of Skyrim was Mereth, so I doubt the name Skyforge and Skyrim have anything in common. The names could obviously be references to Kyne, however I dont think the land being named Skyrim has anything to do with the Skyforge itself.

      "These first settlers named the land "Mereth", after the Elves that roamed the untamed wilderness which then covered the whole of Tamriel." Pocket Guide to the Empire First Edition.

      And I would like to reinforce Pink Slim's opinion on the Dwemer's name referring to their love of logic and reason rather than their preference for living underground. I am fairly certain this is the generally accepted lore, I am currently looking for the source as I cannot remember where it came from.

        Loading editor
    • They are well known for their crafting methods, craftsmanship, metalwork and metallurgy, stonework and architecture and their technological prowess, as well as their huge advancements in mining, blacksmithing, engineering, metalwork, stonework, arcane arts, mathematics, science and technology far beyond other races of intelligence.

      The source of this ^ is in one or more of the sources used on this page

        Loading editor
    • its the forge for the assasinn brotherhood.

        Loading editor
    • 209.6.53.250 wrote:
      its the forge for the assasinn brotherhood.


      You mean: The Drak Brotherhood?

        Loading editor
      • Dark

      My theory is that when whoever made Nirn made Nirn they decided that they needed one central spot of Divine Power they chose the coldest climate because it had the most centralized power and in the center of that climate they placed a magma pool with a Hawk Motif above it on a great hill

        Loading editor
    • So you say Lorkhan made it? If you are claiming it may compete the Whatever Tower for the oldest structure on Nirn then that would actually be pretty cool.

        Loading editor
    • UselessArgonianMage wrote:
      ...It may compete the Whatever Tower for the oldest structure on Nirn...


      the name is Direnni Tower

        Loading editor
    • UselessArgonianMage wrote:
      So you say Lorkhan made it? If you are claiming it may compete the Whatever Tower for the oldest structure on Nirn then that would actually be pretty cool.


      Yep I just forgot his name T_T

        Loading editor
    • Yes, that one. I forgot, sorry. But the idea it is perhaps not the oldest is quite interesting. The Skyforge is certainly well preserved though, which boosts the idea it is of Divine design.

        Loading editor
    • Well my other theory is that it's the heart of The Throat of The World

        Loading editor
    • Hamsterlampglade wrote:
      Well my other theory is that it's the heart of The Throat of The World


      but... shouldn't the stone of each tower be in the tower? how can you move the Skyforge?

        Loading editor
    • The Skyforge is the Divine's gift to mortals. They needed a way to create arms and armor to defend themselves against ancient skeevers and mudcrabs, thus the Skyforge was given to them. It is the first forge to exist on Tamriel.

      In ancient times mortals could create stuff like 'Skeeverhide' armor and 'Mudcrab Chiton' helmets, but they decided the stuff looked really lame so they started using regular leather and ores to make their stuff.

        Loading editor
    • Thalmor Assassin wrote:
      I think the skyforge was either made by the Altmer or the Ayelids. Or maybe the people who rebelled against the Dargons used it to make weapons? Not likely, but who knows? (Bethesda). The Skyforge is the shape of an eagle... Maybe it was the Red Eagle's forge? (He was around before Ysgramor came with his 500. Wasnt't he?)

      No, all humans besides the Redguards are descended from the Atmorans. Red Eagle was years after the original 500 came and drove out the elves.

        Loading editor
    • Maybe it was created by Stuhn (The Nordic precursor to Stendarr, on his article it says he was a warrior god that fought with the Aldmeri Pantheon.) when Aedra were still able to walk the mortal plane as a place to forge his godly weapons.

        Loading editor
    • It could be an artifact, left behind by the children of the divines, or perhaps even the Daedra. The fact is, it has to be beyond the merethic era, seeing as how Ysgramor and the 500 had not yet conquered Tamriel, which means dawn era. Which leads me to think it may have been used to shape the children of the Aedra...either that, or Sheogorath turned an unlucky eagle into stone with the wabbajack.

        Loading editor
    • I have a theory of the Skyforge i believe that maybe it was a bird-like entity made of fire and brimstone that angered the Aedra in some way and encased in stone utop the mountain and now he still sits there to this day with his anger fueling the forge and still burning in his eyes.

        Loading editor
    • do entities exist in Skyrim?

        Loading editor
    • I believe it's an Aedra artifact. As the book says, the Elves feared what the Skyforge represents. There's only one thing the Elven races fear, and that's Lorkhan. -John Castello

        Loading editor
    • 'Sky' 'Forge' 


      don't know why but when i saw the Hawk and the word 'Sky', it reminds me of Kynareth, 


      well perhaps it is connected to her....

        Loading editor
    • Kyne is 'The Mother of Man' and 'Widow to Shor' though.

        Loading editor
    • Shor is Lorhkan.  It may have been built by Shor in honor of Kyne, his wife.  It is possible that he built it upon a focal point of energy that pooled up out of Nirn.  There he could have forged his weapons as he continued to wage war against the elves.  

        Loading editor
    • Made by early Nords, all who died out, due to other invasions.

        Loading editor
    • Pink Slim wrote:
      RandomPhysicsNerd wrote:
      Well, taking the proximity to the lunar forge into account, it seems that there is some sort of magick at work around Whiterun that causes semi-molten metal to take on unique properties given the proper equipment. The forge itself could have possibly been designed by Zenithar to take advantage of this fact. Or perhaps the lunar forge is piggybacking so to speak on the power of the Skyforge, being a failed attempt to recreate its capabilities.
      hmm, piggybacking power, sounds feesable, but what would be their equivelant to the underforge?

      also, why does the underforge have a wolf motif, when 1. the skyforge has an eagle motif, and 2. the companions weren't werewolves until later in their existance?

      Underforge could have easily have just been hollowed out by Ysgrammor's men. 

        Loading editor
    • CzechMate wrote:
      Made by early Nords, all who died out, due to other invasions.

      the forge was there when they arrived. they built whiterun there because of the skyforge. 

        Loading editor
    • Rukathesoldier wrote:
      CzechMate wrote:
      Made by early Nords, all who died out, due to other invasions.
      the forge was there when they arrived. they built whiterun there because of the skyforge. 

      well, more like they built whiterun because of Jorvaskr, but jorvaskr was built there because of the skyforge, so both yes and no to your statement.

        Loading editor
    • I created a profile because I was bored and wnated to get in on this.

      The Skyforge predates the Mer or elven and in an earlier post they were arguing about the dwemer who if you play the main quest line were it meets up with this one quest (I forgot the name of them both) you learn that all elves have dwemer blood in them. I play many rpg games and elves are usually considerd wise and skilled in the art of magic (unless you play Dragon Age wich them there the only race without magic). In the companions quest line it is said that the Skyforge is powerd by the ashes of fallen heros. There is thise one article on this very wiki that speaks of an ancient race that ouce lived and they are mentioned up above I believe they were the first to discover the land there were the ones that made a safe haven for there kind and kept it hidden for a long time. Then there were the ones that travelled the lands in small bands and when these small bands met up the joined together. Well these roaming ones found the hidden sancturay but were not allowed to live there becuase they lost touch with there ancient religion this cuased a great war. I believe that the Skyforge was created by the wanders to make strong weapons and armor that could defend them agianst the ancient magics of there race. If you read the page it says that the wanders won the war and during this great war new oceans were formed and that this is how the continent caim into shape.

      Sorry about the length I'm aggitated and bored out of my mind and if there are speeling errors I'm sorry to those that hate them I suck at spelling.

        Loading editor
    • Thnxs for providing me with an hours worth of intertainment.

        Loading editor
    • One thing though, you spelled Thief wrong...

        Loading editor
    • THIEF

        Loading editor
    • I don't really care. I just rushed through it and didn't go back to spellcheck everything.

        Loading editor
    • Hmm, a Wandering Ehlnofey background seems plausible.

        Loading editor
    • Jimeee wrote:
      Consider this - The Skyforge bears the image of a hawk or eagle. Kyne often is represented as a hawk, and the eagle is what the Aldmer used to symbolize the Aedra...

      It's also interesting to note that the temple of Kyne is in Whiterun.

        Loading editor
    • SkyrimsShillelagh wrote:
      Jimeee wrote:
      Consider this - The Skyforge bears the image of a hawk or eagle. Kyne often is represented as a hawk, and the eagle is what the Aldmer used to symbolize the Aedra...
      It's also interesting to note that the temple of Kyne is in Whiterun.

      a man made temple, in a heavily populated city, to a god that is extremely revered by humans isn't really much of a coincidence

        Loading editor
    • Pink Slim wrote:
      SkyrimsShillelagh wrote:
      Jimeee wrote:
      Consider this - The Skyforge bears the image of a hawk or eagle. Kyne often is represented as a hawk, and the eagle is what the Aldmer used to symbolize the Aedra...
      It's also interesting to note that the temple of Kyne is in Whiterun.
      a man made temple, in a heavily populated city, to a god that is extremely revered by humans isn't really much of a coincidence

      Well actually that would make it a coincidence, since the temple's close proximity to the forge is unintentional; but, alas, I know what you mean, I was just saying it's an interesting thought.

        Loading editor
    • Elven Theif wrote:
      I created a profile because I was bored and wnated to get in on this.

      The Skyforge predates the Mer or elven and in an earlier post they were arguing about the dwemer who if you play the main quest line were it meets up with this one quest (I forgot the name of them both) you learn that all elves have dwemer blood in them. I play many rpg games and elves are usually considerd wise and skilled in the art of magic (unless you play Dragon Age wich them there the only race without magic). In the companions quest line it is said that the Skyforge is powerd by the ashes of fallen heros. There is thise one article on this very wiki that speaks of an ancient race that ouce lived and they are mentioned up above I believe they were the first to discover the land there were the ones that made a safe haven for there kind and kept it hidden for a long time. Then there were the ones that travelled the lands in small bands and when these small bands met up the joined together. Well these roaming ones found the hidden sancturay but were not allowed to live there becuase they lost touch with there ancient religion this cuased a great war. I believe that the Skyforge was created by the wanders to make strong weapons and armor that could defend them agianst the ancient magics of there race. If you read the page it says that the wanders won the war and during this great war new oceans were formed and that this is how the continent caim into shape.

      Sorry about the length I'm aggitated and bored out of my mind and if there are speeling errors I'm sorry to those that hate them I suck at spelling.

      I believe that the race you were looking for are the Dwarves. Dwarves are the only race in Dragon Age that cannot cast magic because of they're overexposure to lyrium. But wouldn't it be cool to have different side quests to discover the lore of strange things in Skyrim? Like the Skyforge or the Winterhold Collapse and why the college was spared or even what happened to the Dwemer and why there aren't any Ayleid ruins in Skyrim (not sure if they were only present in Cyrodill, the only two ES games I've played are Oblivion and Skyrim since we never had a computer that could support them). Maybe if Bethesda makes an Elder Scrolls six they'll include details.

        Loading editor
    • TheHuntressOfShadows wrote:
      Elven Theif wrote:
      I believe that the race you were looking for are the Dwarves.

      Actually no I was talking about the Ehlnofey.

        Loading editor
    • TheHuntressOfShadows wrote: or even what happened to the Dwemer and why there aren't any Ayleid ruins in Skyrim (not sure if they were only present in Cyrodill, the only two ES games I've played are Oblivion and Skyrim since we never had a computer that could support them). Maybe if Bethesda makes an Elder Scrolls six they'll include details.

      The Ayleids didn't live in skyrim, the snow elves and some dwemer did.

      the dwemer disappearence can be retold in morrowind and in a sidequest for the college of winterhold

        Loading editor
    • Pink Slim wrote:

      TheHuntressOfShadows wrote: or even what happened to the Dwemer and why there aren't any Ayleid ruins in Skyrim (not sure if they were only present in Cyrodill, the only two ES games I've played are Oblivion and Skyrim since we never had a computer that could support them). Maybe if Bethesda makes an Elder Scrolls six they'll include details.

      The Ayleids didn't live in skyrim, the snow elves and some dwemer did.

      the dwemer disappearence can be retold in morrowind and in a sidequest for the college of winterhold

      oh cool, who gives it to you? I'll play it after I'm finished with the Dark Brotherhood

        Loading editor
    • Arniel Gane, but he only gives it to you in parts depending on where in the main college questline you're at.

        Loading editor
    • I reckon the 8 original divines looked into the future and saw Talos, the ninth divine. So they try to suck up to him ahead of time and make it so that he has a really awesome life and he is rich and everyone likes him and he is blessed with awesome strength and skilled at fighting. But while they are working their Divine magic, some accidents happen. Arkay accidentally messes up a spell and accidentally creates the phenomenon of the draugr. Also Kyne and Shor kinda accidentally turn themselves mortal and catapult themselves into the future and have to wait to regain their powers, but when they do Kyne turns into an eagle and flies away, but the image of the eagle stays in stone, with divine energy within. Towards the start of the merethic era the dwemer come along and are like "woah, this is serious s**t" and try to harness it, but they mess up and have to flee before the magikal residue kills them. Thus a fragment of the 500 came to a perfectly built and preserved forge. TA DA!

        Loading editor
    • Perhaps it was build by the Snow Elves to forge their magical elven weapons. Or even the ancient Dwarves but that impossible because they already advanced by the time the Atmoran settlers migrated to Saarthal and there is no sign of Dwemer engineering in the Whiterun hold.

        Loading editor
    • 86.136.125.188 wrote:
      I reckon the 8 original divines looked into the future and saw Talos, the ninth divine. So they try to suck up to him ahead of time and make it so that he has a really awesome life and he is rich and everyone likes him and he is blessed with awesome strength and skilled at fighting. But while they are working their Divine magic, some accidents happen. Arkay accidentally messes up a spell and accidentally creates the phenomenon of the draugr. Also Kyne and Shor kinda accidentally turn themselves mortal and catapult themselves into the future and have to wait to regain their powers, but when they do Kyne turns into an eagle and flies away, but the image of the eagle stays in stone, with divine energy within. Towards the start of the merethic era the dwemer come along and are like "woah, this is serious s**t" and try to harness it, but they mess up and have to flee before the magikal residue kills them. Thus a fragment of the 500 came to a perfectly built and preserved forge. TA DA!

      that is a very fine theory

        Loading editor
    • Pink Slim wrote:
      PsijicThief wrote:
      there are those of us that play a game for the story.  Part of those players not only want to know and play through the story of that game, but understand how it affects the story in the entire universe that encompases that game and that story.  We are usually called "lore seekers", we desire to know the whole of the story beyond just the picture painted us in Skyrim. 
      We're like the people who study the lives of an artist to understand what was going on in their mind when they created their work of art.

      Hermaeus Mora is our patron, he guides us to knowledge we did not have before. We are The Knowledge Seekers, and we will NEVER be stopped.

      I thought that jygalag ( yes i know i spelled that wrong) was our patron, or Akatosh.

        Loading editor
    • Nazul Rostello wrote:
      Perhaps it was build by the Snow Elves to forge their magical elven weapons. Or even the ancient Dwarves but that impossible because they already advanced by the time the Atmoran settlers migrated to Saarthal and there is no sign of Dwemer engineering in the Whiterun hold.

      Now the elves feared the Skyforge becuase of its magical properties that they did not understand and (IVE SAID THIS LIKE 10 TIMES) the Skyforge predates the elves

        Loading editor
    • maybe the dragons created it to make weapons for their priests

        Loading editor
    • 97.73.51.49 wrote:
      maybe the dragons created it to make weapons for their priests


      i'll admit that does sound plausible but still the dragon priests use staffs more than any other weapon so that may not be correct but then again i could be wrong i only know of one dragon priest/dragonborn who used other weapons and that was miraak (might have spelled his name wrong)

        Loading editor
    • Anybody ever take the falmer into consideration about the making of this legendary forge? the falmer (during their civilized times) had an awfully similar artstyle and taste as far as architecture and ruins, the consistent slavery of the dwemer during this time may aswell must've been the cause of creation of this forge too, most likely now that the falmer are shaman, dungeon-dwelling monsters, they must've placed the werewolf curse by worshipping hircine. Eventually abandoning back to their underground homes, most likely a few years passed and then, hence the skyforge was founded and discovered by the people of the 4th era. ONLY A THEORY, i don't feel like going into some form of argument with another elder scrolls nerd like myself, the dragon priest's theory makes sense, aswell as the dragon's building it, but i don't understand how the masters of the skies as depicted in the books and manuscripts of the past games would make an eagle/other form of bird as the main eye-catching resemblense of the entire forge, alittle flawed, but still possible.

        Loading editor
    • WraithWyvern wrote:
      Yeah but who the hell wants to know how the Skyforge was made. It was put in the game to be a unique forge.

      Oh my friend, There's a mystery left unsolved upon every unusual structure of the series, "Who built the skyforge?" Is a commonly asked question for a reason, it's not like everybody enjoys fiddling around with something they're ignorant and know nothing about of, and if you desire to not know anything about it, that's your choice, but then again i'd reccomend yoou just an average forge

        Loading editor
    • You CAN make ancient nord armour there, hinting at it's been there when the Draugrs were human. Considering how they don't look very DEAD though (still having skin, etc.) leads me to believe that the Draugrs are recently dead Nords, meaning they had to have been stored there, or well preserved like the Egyptians did, which can open another theory. I doubt many people will believe this, but there is some disproof; Whiterun was founded long ago, meaning the Ancient Nords had to have been the last generation, unless these bodies were preserved, which they don't seem to be.

        Loading editor
    • Is there a chance that it's connected to the Atrinoarch Forge (under the college)? they do mirror eachother almost perfectly!

      Skyforge - Often related to the Adera/Devines and is connected to nordic virtues (armour, big weapons, honourable fighting)

      Atrinoarch forge - Often related to the Deadra/Princes and represents things that is often frowned upon in nordic culture (magic, summoning, demora)

      So if the Skyforge was indeed built by Kyne then what Deadric Prince would want to oppose her to this extent?

        Loading editor
    • FingusTheMasterofDestruction wrote:
      Anybody ever take the falmer into consideration about the making of this legendary forge? the falmer (during their civilized times) had an awfully similar artstyle and taste as far as architecture and ruins, the consistent slavery of the dwemer during this time may aswell must've been the cause of creation of this forge too, most likely now that the falmer are shaman, dungeon-dwelling monsters, they must've placed the werewolf curse by worshipping hircine. Eventually abandoning back to their underground homes, most likely a few years passed and then, hence the skyforge was founded and discovered by the people of the 4th era. ONLY A THEORY, i don't feel like going into some form of argument with another elder scrolls nerd like myself, the dragon priest's theory makes sense, aswell as the dragon's building it, but i don't understand how the masters of the skies as depicted in the books and manuscripts of the past games would make an eagle/other form of bird as the main eye-catching resemblense of the entire forge, alittle flawed, but still possible.

      First off, the Skyforge wasn't found in the Fourth Era, it was found late in the Merethic Era. Secondly, the Falmer are elves, and it predates the Elven races of Tamriel. Thirdly, the Curse of Hircine upon the Companions wasn't in place until much more recently, and it was stated that a dispute with the Glenmoril Coven of witches was the probable cause of the curse.

        Loading editor
    • DawnHater wrote:
      You CAN make ancient nord armour there, hinting at it's been there when the Draugrs were human. Considering how they don't look very DEAD though (still having skin, etc.) leads me to believe that the Draugrs are recently dead Nords, meaning they had to have been stored there, or well preserved like the Egyptians did, which can open another theory. I doubt many people will believe this, but there is some disproof; Whiterun was founded long ago, meaning the Ancient Nords had to have been the last generation, unless these bodies were preserved, which they don't seem to be.

      The Draugr are actually cursed living people. They are ancient Nords that were cursed by the dragons after the Humans revolted against them. They are the Dragon Worshippers damned with eternal life, forever guarding the tombs in which they rest. Also, Skyrim-wise, the draugr in dungeons with Dragon Priests are what keeps the priests alive. Supposedly, they were cursed followers of the priest who gave their life energy nightly to them (the Dragon Preists), and when they slept their life was restored (but not their appearance, which is why they look like preserved bodies). This kept the Dragon Preists alive (or undead?), and was an attempt at immortality.

        Loading editor
    • FacePalmKing wrote:
      FingusTheMasterofDestruction wrote:
      Anybody ever take the falmer into consideration about the making of this legendary forge? the falmer (during their civilized times) had an awfully similar artstyle and taste as far as architecture and ruins, the consistent slavery of the dwemer during this time may aswell must've been the cause of creation of this forge too, most likely now that the falmer are shaman, dungeon-dwelling monsters, they must've placed the werewolf curse by worshipping hircine. Eventually abandoning back to their underground homes, most likely a few years passed and then, hence the skyforge was founded and discovered by the people of the 4th era. ONLY A THEORY, i don't feel like going into some form of argument with another elder scrolls nerd like myself, the dragon priest's theory makes sense, aswell as the dragon's building it, but i don't understand how the masters of the skies as depicted in the books and manuscripts of the past games would make an eagle/other form of bird as the main eye-catching resemblense of the entire forge, alittle flawed, but still possible.
      First off, the Skyforge wasn't found in the Fourth Era, it was found late in the Merethic Era. Secondly, the Falmer are elves, and it predates the Elven races of Tamriel. Thirdly, the Curse of Hircine upon the Companions wasn't in place until much more recently, and it was stated that a dispute with the Glenmoril Coven of witches was the probable cause of the curse.

      Yeah I read into the lore alot more since then- realized I am wrong. xD

        Loading editor
    • I think, and this is just a thought, that the skyforge was made by kynareth which could explain why it is so well preserved and it has an eagle on.

        Loading editor
    • 85.76.65.19
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message

Around Wikia's network

Random Wiki