Wikia

Elder Scrolls

Is Cicero really the Adoring Fan?

  • Pelinal Whitestrake
    Pelinal Whitestrake removed this thread because:
    Has been going for way too long, question already answered
    22:18, April 13, 2014

    Plz tell me if he is or isn't

      Loading editor
    • oblivion and skyrim are over 200 years apart so no

        Loading editor
    • Its probably just a easter egg for people who remember violently, slowly, murdering him in oblivion.

        Loading editor
    • Dylanisthebest123 wrote:
      Its probably just a easter egg for people who remember violently, slowly, murdering him in oblivion.

      I made him wait in Oblivion, then I closed the gate, I hope the Daedra got him......

        Loading editor
    • Put the adoring fan in Skyrim, ill introduce him to the throat of the world in the proper Nord fashion.

        Loading editor
    • Going to shout him off eh?

        Loading editor
    • I made him wait in Oblivion, then I closed the gate, I hope the Daedra got him......

      You can do that cool i'll do it at the great gate.

        Loading editor
    • Dwarven Dragon Hunter wrote:

      I made him wait in Oblivion, then I closed the gate, I hope the Daedra got him......

      You can do that cool i'll do it at the great gate.

      Just make sure he dosen't die before you close it, and it should work, I do it all the time instead of killing him.......

        Loading editor
    • XRainbowniumx wrote:
      Going to shout him off eh?

      Shout him off..... thats actually better then was I was thinking. i was gonna save, beat him to death with my fists, then reload my save untill I did the finisher where I toss him over my back

        Loading editor
    • There's a hand-to-hand finisher where you throw someone over your back?! Why have I not been fighting bare-fisted?!!??!

        Loading editor
    • Yeh its pretty insane. I used Soul tear on some Forworn Briarheart, and for some reason he didnt pick up his axe. Next thing I know im about to kill some caster and he just runs over and toses her. Not like throwing someone a few feet, but like picking them up and dropping them behind you.

        Loading editor
    • Like the first comment, the Oblivion event is 200 years past Skyrim now, and his diaries are easter eggs to remind anyone who still remembers oblivion and instead of cicero's story where he cut the thraot of the grand champion, it's actually backwards for the Adoring fan since he is the most popular living target practice.

      Actually, players got creative on killing him, includes shooting his face and he falls off the tallest cliff, make him wait underwater or inside an oblivion gate and close the gate after, use him as meat-shield, try new spells at him, etc...

        Loading editor
    • were does cicero go after you spare him?

        Loading editor
    • oblivion and skyrim are over 200 years apart, and the Adoring Fan was a wood elf, not an Imperial, as Cicero is.

        Loading editor
    • 68.190.153.105 wrote:
      were does cicero go after you spare him?

      He just disappears until near the end of the Dark Brotherhood quest line. He shows up again outside of the Dawnstar Sanctuary, threatening/ joking about killing you after the completion of Hail Sithis;

        Loading editor
    • Cicero and the Adoring Fan are voice acted by the same guy.

        Loading editor
    • Didnt Cicero appear also in Oblivion?

        Loading editor
    • That's another Cicero... two different people with the same name... like with M'aiq

        Loading editor
    • Thalmor Assassin wrote:
      Cicero and the Adoring Fan are voice acted by the same guy.

      That's a little awkward...

        Loading editor
    • 71.59.136.100 wrote:
      Thalmor Assassin wrote:
      Cicero and the Adoring Fan are voice acted by the same guy.
      That's a little awkward...

      Very...

        Loading editor
    • XRainbowniumx wrote:
      Plz tell me if he is or isn't


      I hope he isn't; I don't like the idea of my Oblivion character being merdred by someone in his own fratcion( I joined the Dark Brotherhood even though I have a grudge ageinst them for atacking my Morrowind character for no apparent reasonXP).

        Loading editor
    • I was reading Cicero's journals (they're in his room when he runs away after attacking brotherhood members) and in one of them he talks about one of his contracts.

      In this contract he talks about it as the arena contract where he went into the crowd acted as a huge fan and when he was left alone with the champion, he killed him.

      After I read that you can see how anyone would make the connection, especially seeing how their voice actor is the same guy.

        Loading editor
    • I'll never know why people hate Cicero, I found him to be one of my most useful minions, especially after i discovered the Darkbrotherhood multi companion glitch, though i only use two people instead of four.

        Loading editor
    • uh guys cicero is an elf and they live for long periods of time

        Loading editor
    • Ok guys, i have a little hypothesis, what if the Adoring Fan WAS Cicero, but when he tried to kill the Hero of Kvatch, he was cursed to suffer madness and immortality. just a hypothesis, tell me what you think :D

        Loading editor
    • (to sajutsu) cicero is an imperial. the adoring fan was an elf. not cicero.




      (my quote button is not working right now on this computer

        Loading editor
    • Hydra-Hok wrote:
      I'll never know why people hate Cicero, I found him to be one of my most useful minions, especially after i discovered the Darkbrotherhood multi companion glitch, though i only use two people instead of four.

      I hate having followers, as they just get in the way or get hung up on hard patches of air for some strange reason.  Pathfinding and basic AI is a little broken.  Plus, they mess up my whole stelthy vibe.  That being said, I love Cicero, I thought he was awkwardly amazing and hilarious!

        Loading editor
    • 108.64.128.25 wrote:
      Ok guys, i have a little hypothesis, what if the Adoring Fan WAS Cicero, but when he tried to kill the Hero of Kvatch, he was cursed to suffer madness and immortality. just a hypothesis, tell me what you think :D

      The Adoring Fan was a Bosmer, and Cicero is an Imperial. 

        Loading editor
    • 86.31.215.35 wrote:
      I was reading Cicero's journals (they're in his room when he runs away after attacking brotherhood members) and in one of them he talks about one of his contracts.

      In this contract he talks about it as the arena contract where he went into the crowd acted as a huge fan and when he was left alone with the champion, he killed him.

      After I read that you can see how anyone would make the connection, especially seeing how their voice actor is the same guy.

      I found his journals really sad. ;_;

        Loading editor
    • PsijicThief wrote:
      Hydra-Hok wrote:
      I'll never know why people hate Cicero, I found him to be one of my most useful minions, especially after i discovered the Darkbrotherhood multi companion glitch, though i only use two people instead of four.
      I hate having followers, as they just get in the way or get hung up on hard patches of air for some strange reason.  Pathfinding and basic AI is a little broken.  Plus, they mess up my whole stelthy vibe.  That being said, I love Cicero, I thought he was awkwardly amazing and hilarious!

      The beauty of Cicero's companionship is is mastery of sneaking, he never gets found when we are falmer hunting or exploring dwemer ruins (my favourite kind of adventure). 

        Loading editor
    • 108.64.128.25 wrote:
      Ok guys, i have a little hypothesis, what if the Adoring Fan WAS Cicero, but when he tried to kill the Hero of Kvatch, he was cursed to suffer madness and immortality. just a hypothesis, tell me what you think :D


      dude.. you just blew my mind makes sense since the hero of kavach became shaogorath much more plasable than the adoring fan killing a god 

        Loading editor
    • Sajutsu wrote:
      uh guys cicero is an elf and they live for long periods of time

      he is an imperial read the wiki its right on this website :p

        Loading editor
    • cisero is the name of caesars assasain whe dressed as a jester

      although didnt cicero take his name and traits from his last kill maybe he killed the adoring fan too on the order of the listener and took some of his personality too and twisted them with his own maddness!!!!

        Loading editor
    • The Mighty Steve wrote:
      108.64.128.25 wrote:
      Ok guys, i have a little hypothesis, what if the Adoring Fan WAS Cicero, but when he tried to kill the Hero of Kvatch, he was cursed to suffer madness and immortality. just a hypothesis, tell me what you think :D

      dude.. you just blew my mind makes sense since the hero of kavach became shaogorath much more plasable than the adoring fan killing a god 

      That blew my mind.

      Wow, I never even thought of that as a possibility!

        Loading editor
    • King of Skyrim wrote:
      The Mighty Steve wrote:
      108.64.128.25 wrote:
      Ok guys, i have a little hypothesis, what if the Adoring Fan WAS Cicero, but when he tried to kill the Hero of Kvatch, he was cursed to suffer madness and immortality. just a hypothesis, tell me what you think :D

      dude.. you just blew my mind makes sense since the hero of kavach became shaogorath much more plasable than the adoring fan killing a god 
      That blew my mind.

      Wow, I never even thought of that as a possibility!


      sarcassum?

        Loading editor
    • The Mighty Steve wrote:
      King of Skyrim wrote:
      The Mighty Steve wrote:
      108.64.128.25 wrote:
      Ok guys, i have a little hypothesis, what if the Adoring Fan WAS Cicero, but when he tried to kill the Hero of Kvatch, he was cursed to suffer madness and immortality. just a hypothesis, tell me what you think :D

      dude.. you just blew my mind makes sense since the hero of kavach became shaogorath much more plasable than the adoring fan killing a god 
      That blew my mind.

      Wow, I never even thought of that as a possibility!


      sarcassum?

      Nope, I literally never considered it a possibility

        Loading editor
    • That  Cursed with madness and immortality thing actually makes sense! And about Cicero

      being an imperial and not a bosmer, who's to say he didn't just stick on a pair of elf ears and pretended to be a bosmer?

        Loading editor
    • Bickley98 wrote:

      being an imperial and not a bosmer, who's to say he didn't just stick on a pair of elf ears and pretended to be a bosmer?

      Lol, might actually be true. But what about his skin tone?

        Loading editor
    • Froz3nite
      Froz3nite removed this reply because:
      Vandalizing
      20:31, July 8, 2013
      This reply has been removed

      man everyone on here is so retarded :P

        Loading editor
    • Wait a minute... Cursed with Madness? Oh god Sheogorath created the Adoring Fan! WHYYY!!!!

        Loading editor
    • sheogorath did that?! ya' never can predict that guy

        Loading editor
    • King of Skyrim wrote:

      Dylanisthebest123 wrote:
      Its probably just a easter egg for people who remember violently, slowly, murdering him in oblivion.

      I made him wait in Oblivion, then I closed the gate, I hope the Daedra got him......

      I don't think daedra murder greater evil than themselves

        Loading editor
    • Codysmit wrote:

      King of Skyrim wrote:

      Dylanisthebest123 wrote:
      Its probably just a easter egg for people who remember violently, slowly, murdering him in oblivion.
      I made him wait in Oblivion, then I closed the gate, I hope the Daedra got him......
      I don't think daedra murder greater evil than themselves

      I didn't say murder, more like enhanced torture...

        Loading editor
    • then why leave him? why not watch the delicious torture?

        Loading editor
    • Pastlife17 wrote:
      Wait a minute... Cursed with Madness? Oh god Sheogorath created the Adoring Fan! WHYYY!!!!

      You blew my mind!

        Loading editor
    • Codysmit wrote:
      then why leave him? why not watch the delicious torture?

      Well, its not like there is anywhere for him to run, sooner or later they will get him.

      plus, I didn't want him killed so I had to leave. Either way I never heard from him again. :)

        Loading editor
    • heres how it couldve happened:

      Adoring fan and Sheogorath(hero of kvatch) in the forest.

      AF: *pulls out dagger slowly* By Azura! the grand champion!

      HoK: Put that dagger away lad, and forget that Azura stuff, im not your precious grand champion*uses magic to make the dagger turn into butterflies*

      AF: But....who are you....What are you?

      HoK: I'm Sheogorath, Daedric Prince of Madness, charmed

      AF:Sheogorath? the lord of madness?

      HoK: Yes, i'll tell you what, i like you laddie, how about i give you my blessing....well, is it really a blessing, or is it a curse, or is it a blessing that comes with a curse, who knows?

      AF:What is this curse...or blessing?

      HoK: Something about immortality, blah blah blah, maybe some madness, who knows? who cares? its a blessing!

      AF: No! I want no such blessing!

      HoK: Too bad,  i chose you! but its a shame you are an elf, i dont quite like elves, if only i could do something....oh wait, i can! *poof*

      AF: What? im a human!

      HoK: Yes, a glorious, homocidally insane, immortal, human, now go kill some people in my name!

        Loading editor
    • 108.64.128.25 wrote:
      heres how it couldve happened:

      Adoring fan and Sheogorath(hero of kvatch) in the forest.

      AF: *pulls out dagger slowly* By Azura! the grand champion!

      HoK: Put that dagger away lad, and forget that Azura stuff, im not your precious grand champion*uses magic to make the dagger turn into butterflies*

      AF: But....who are you....What are you?

      HoK: I'm Sheogorath, Daedric Prince of Madness, charmed

      AF:Sheogorath? the lord of madness?

      HoK: Yes, i'll tell you what, i like you laddie, how about i give you my blessing....well, is it really a blessing, or is it a curse, or is it a blessing that comes with a curse, who knows?

      AF:What is this curse...or blessing?

      HoK: Something about immortality, blah blah blah, maybe some madness, who knows? who cares? its a blessing!

      AF: No! I want no such blessing!

      HoK: Too bad,  i chose you! but its a shame you are an elf, i dont quite like elves, if only i could do something....oh wait, i can! *poof*

      AF: What? im a human!

      HoK: Yes, a glorious, homocidally insane, immortal, human, now go kill some people in my name!

      Okay, you need to start writing TES stories. That is really good...

        Loading editor
    • Maybe i will, maybe i wont, maybe ill write one about writing one.

        Loading editor
    • i cant believe what im reading above. cicero was doing a contract for the dark brotherhood and killed a jester. he had become very close to the jester in the jester's dying moments, and went insane. thats why he is crazy and mad (and why he weats jester's gear)

        Loading editor
    • Guys.That contracted happened what? 187 or something?You guys DO realize thats over 187 years after the Oblivion setting right?No one could hold grand championship for nearly 200 years.

        Loading editor
    • To be fair, Sheogorath could hold the Gran Champion title for 200 years, just wabbajak everything into cheese and eat it.

        Loading editor
    • PsijicThief wrote:
      To be fair, Sheogorath could hold the Grand Champion title for 200 years, just wabbajack everything into cheese and eat it.

      Best strategy ever!

        Loading editor
    • King of Skyrim wrote:
      108.64.128.25 wrote:
      heres how it couldve happened:

      Adoring fan and Sheogorath(hero of kvatch) in the forest.

      AF: *pulls out dagger slowly* By Azura! the grand champion!

      HoK: Put that dagger away lad, and forget that Azura stuff, im not your precious grand champion*uses magic to make the dagger turn into butterflies*

      AF: But....who are you....What are you?

      HoK: I'm Sheogorath, Daedric Prince of Madness, charmed

      AF:Sheogorath? the lord of madness?

      HoK: Yes, i'll tell you what, i like you laddie, how about i give you my blessing....well, is it really a blessing, or is it a curse, or is it a blessing that comes with a curse, who knows?

      AF:What is this curse...or blessing?

      HoK: Something about immortality, blah blah blah, maybe some madness, who knows? who cares? its a blessing!

      AF: No! I want no such blessing!

      HoK: Too bad,  i chose you! but its a shame you are an elf, i dont quite like elves, if only i could do something....oh wait, i can! *poof*

      AF: What? im a human!

      HoK: Yes, a glorious, homocidally insane, immortal, human, now go kill some people in my name!

      Okay, you need to start writing TES stories. That is really good...

      Sheogorath is the best!

        Loading editor
    • I told the Adoring Fan to wait in the middle of a fort, led some skeletons over to him, and watched the fun.

        Loading editor
    • Brewers9999 wrote:
      I told the Adoring Fan to wait in the middle of a fort, led some skeletons over to him, and watched the fun.

      I made him wait in Oblivion then closed the gate, he didn't come out.....

        Loading editor
    • PsijicThief wrote:
      To be fair, Sheogorath could hold the Gran Champion title for 200 years, just wabbajak everything into cheese and eat it.

      You do realise they weren't going to continue holding a championship where the best fighters compete for the honor of becoming cheese...

      Not after the first 100 times at least.

        Loading editor
    • PsijicThief
      PsijicThief removed this reply because:
      Caps lock is not cruise control for the internet.
      22:41, July 16, 2013
      This reply has been removed

      1. OBLIVION AND SKYRIM ARE 200 YEARS APART

      2.THE ADORING FAN WAS A LITTLE BIT YOUNG AND CICERO IS MIDDLE-AGED(200 years)

      3.(THE MOST IMPORTANT) THE ADORING FAN IS BOSMER CICERO IS AN IMPERIAL

        Loading editor
    • I still like the idea of Sheo making the Adoring fan mad and human, but wouldn't Cicero have told us? And would the nightmother take on a daedric champion to be her keeper? Sounds odd to me.

        Loading editor
    • My idea is that the adoring fan became a jester after some time, Cicero murdered him, turned insanse, murdered OTHER grand champion and traveled to Skyrim.

        Loading editor
    • Adoring fan becomes a vampire and murder the champion, as a vampire he lives longer than Cicero kills him.

        Loading editor
    • No, he's not the Adoring Fan. He likely never met the Adoring Fan, either - Skyrim takes place 200 years after Oblivion.

        Loading editor
    • You know, Adoring Fan could have reached a really old age and we have no information about Cicero's age, so maybe he killed the really old jester-fan when he was a child? Did they mention maximal age of every race in any TES game?

        Loading editor
    • I doubt it.

        Loading editor
    • King of Skyrim wrote:
      71.59.136.100 wrote:
      Thalmor Assassin wrote:
      Cicero and the Adoring Fan are voice acted by the same guy.
      That's a little awkward...
      Very...





        Loading editor
    • King of Skyrim wrote:
      71.59.136.100 wrote:
      Thalmor Assassin wrote:
      Cicero and the Adoring Fan are voice acted by the same guy.
      That's a little awkward...
      Very...

      Adoring Fan is Hungry..need a sweetroll..or a carrot.

        Loading editor
    • Zombiepwner46 wrote:
      King of Skyrim wrote:
      71.59.136.100 wrote:
      Thalmor Assassin wrote:
      Cicero and the Adoring Fan are voice acted by the same guy.
      That's a little awkward...
      Very...
      Adoring Fan is Hungry..need a sweetroll..or a carrot.

      i would have loved it if cicero would have said "by sithis it's the listener" or something like that at some point referencing the adoring fan's line and how they are both voiced by the same guy.

        Loading editor
    • Cicero said he 'posed' as an adoring fan to kill the grand champion. Additionally, Cicero references someone who is not the Hero of Kvatch as the listener, which implies that the Hero of Kvatch/Grand Champion/Sheogorath had already taken his leave to live for good in the Shivering Isles. 

        Loading editor
    • Th3Antioch wrote:
      Cicero said he 'posed' as an adoring fan to kill the grand champion. Additionally, Cicero references someone who is not the Hero of Kvatch as the listener, which implies that the Hero of Kvatch/Grand Champion/Sheogorath had already taken his leave to live for good in the Shivering Isles. 

      i know. i meant as a reference like how ma'iq says things that reference the real world. i meant cicero should have said something to reference the fact that they are voiced by the same person.

        Loading editor
    • Rukathesoldier wrote:
      Th3Antioch wrote:
      Cicero said he 'posed' as an adoring fan to kill the grand champion. Additionally, Cicero references someone who is not the Hero of Kvatch as the listener, which implies that the Hero of Kvatch/Grand Champion/Sheogorath had already taken his leave to live for good in the Shivering Isles. 
      i know. i meant as a reference like how ma'iq says things that reference the real world. i meant cicero should have said something to reference the fact that they are voiced by the same person.

      I understand what you were saying and I think it's a good idea. There seem to be some people though who haven't fully grasped the time difference between Cicero and the Adoring Fan. 

        Loading editor
    • oh ok.

        Loading editor
    • It is impossible for Cicero to be the adoring fan unless Cicero is secretly a bosmer. It is, however, possible that the adoring fan is still alive since elves can live for centuries.

        Loading editor
    • Orangeleopard1819 wrote:
      It is impossible for Cicero to be the adoring fan unless Cicero is secretly a bosmer. It is, however, possible that the adoring fan is still alive since elves can live for centuries.

      What if the Adoring Fan had a child with an imperial, and that imperial became... Cicero?!?!

        Loading editor
    • If your main objections to the idea of Cicero being the Adoring Fan are things like "he's an Imperial!" and "Oblivion took place 200 years ago!" Then you're not really trying very hard. The world has dragons and undead liches and daedra that are bored out of their minds. We may not know how a Bosmer from 200 years ago became an Imperial in the service of the Night Mother, but it would be a huge mistake to exclude the possibility outright. Over and above that, it freaking says it in Cicero's everloving journal, and that doesn't somehow count for nothing.

        Loading editor
    • King of Skyrim wrote:
      71.59.136.100 wrote:
      Thalmor Assassin wrote:
      Cicero and the Adoring Fan are voice acted by the same guy.
      That's a little awkward...
      Very...


      Andy Morris is the voice of Cicero and Craig Sechler is the voice of the Adoring Fan.

        Loading editor
    • 108.64.128.25 wrote:
      Ok guys, i have a little hypothesis, what if the Adoring Fan WAS Cicero, but when he tried to kill the Hero of Kvatch, he was cursed to suffer madness and immortality. just a hypothesis, tell me what you think :D

      Maybe Cicero disguised himself as a Wood Elf when he assassinated The Grand Champion, and for some reason got an eternal, or at least, prolonged life.

        Loading editor
    • What if! Cicero is a decendent of the Adoring Fan? Or if the Adoring fan was a Vampire. Or maybe Cicero is a Vampire. (You can suggest this by his pale skin) I never tried oblivion but. From what you guys have said. They could have known eachother. (Again, Possible Vampire and/or potion?)

        Loading editor
    • what about the possiblity that it was a different grand chamion that came around a long time after the hok?

        Loading editor
    • @Rukathesoldier, He is,

      If he wasn't, he would be what 180? 190 years old? He was powerful yeah but he wasn't THAT powerful.....

        Loading editor
    • Chadmoder wrote:
      oblivion and skyrim are over 200 years apart so no


      Elves can live that long. The adoring fan was a Bosmer, but Cicero is Imperial, so no he's not.

        Loading editor
    • I'm going to put this out there for everyone...Cicero killing the Grand Champion took place years after Oblivion, and considering the HoK was no longer around (speculate as to why yourself, based on whatever race your HoK character was. I like to say mine is the father of the Dragonborn, since the lifespan of Bosmer matches up just right enough to happen, and may write a story about it), there's no way Cicero killed the HoK Grand Champioin. And he couldn't be the Adoring Fan. Come on. Who here left him alive long enough to even think about becoming Cicero.

      This said, the story about him being changed by Sheogorath is not only kinda credible and believable, but very very interesting, and I would love to see more of it.

        Loading editor
    • Here's the way I saw it. This is my theory, so just hear it out.

      After the Hero of Kavatch became Sheogorath, he decided to try his hand at the arena. He was powerful, and worked his way to the top. Obviously, a guy like this would make some real enemies- eneimies that would turn to the Dark Brotherhood.

      Cicero was origanally assinged to another target in the arena, which explains his appearance there, disguising as a normal citizen. Cicero took the contract and awkwardly changed his attitude towards HoK/Shegorath, but no one, not even the victim, noticed it.

      When Cicero killed his target in the wilderness, HoK/Shegorath returned to Oblivion. To avenge his avatar's death, HoK/Sheogorath cursed Cicero with madness. Unfortunately, this turned Cicero into an even more determined killer, and he was soon so respected, that he became the care-taker of the Night Mother, and was (somehow) blessed with an extended life to serve her... or whatever that creepy thing is.

        Loading editor
    • Maroon Loftwing wrote:
      Here's the way I saw it. This is my theory, so just hear it out.

      After the Hero of Kavatch became Sheogorath, he decided to try his hand at the arena. He was powerful, and worked his way to the top. Obviously, a guy like this would make some real enemies- eneimies that would turn to the Dark Brotherhood.

      Cicero was origanally assinged to another target in the arena, which explains his appearance there, disguising as a normal citizen. Cicero took the contract and awkwardly changed his attitude towards HoK/Shegorath, but no one, not even the victim, noticed it.

      When Cicero killed his target in the wilderness, HoK/Shegorath returned to Oblivion. To avenge his avatar's death, HoK/Sheogorath cursed Cicero with madness. Unfortunately, this turned Cicero into an even more determined killer, and he was soon so respected, that he became the care-taker of the Night Mother, and was (somehow) blessed with an extended life to serve her... or whatever that creepy thing is.

      He morphed the little bosmer into an imperial and cursed him with eternal life.

        Loading editor
    • I can hardly believe people are still talking about this.

      It's obvious that Cicero posed as AN adoring fan, and killed the at-the-time Grand Champion, who is different than the Hero of Kvatch.

        Loading editor
    • I think most people know that, and by this point we're really just joking around.

        Loading editor
    • Falloutghoul wrote:
      I can hardly believe people are still talking about this.

      It's obvious that Cicero posed as AN adoring fan, and killed the at-the-time Grand Champion, who is different than the Hero of Kvatch.

      Couldn't have said that better myself. Considering a guess from Cicero's age and voice, he seems relatively young, so he killed another Grand Champion. I couldn't guess his exact age, but between 20 and 31 would be my best bet.

        Loading editor
    • I think he's a woman...

        Loading editor
    • everyone is correct. thats how bethesda rolls.

        Loading editor
    • DIS IS HOW I ROLL


      < ._. <    ^ .-. ^ > ._. >

        Loading editor
    • I roll like dis



      > ._. > ^  .-.^  < ._. <

        Loading editor
    • 76.115.24.124 wrote:
      86.31.215.35 wrote:
      I was reading Cicero's journals (they're in his room when he runs away after attacking brotherhood members) and in one of them he talks about one of his contracts.

      In this contract he talks about it as the arena contract where he went into the crowd acted as a huge fan and when he was left alone with the champion, he killed him.

      After I read that you can see how anyone would make the connection, especially seeing how their voice actor is the same guy.

      I found his journals really sad. ;_;

      me too, honestly. though it was kinda intresting to watch his writing go from (relatively) sane to full on bonkers.

        Loading editor
    • Cicero is a special person that needs help from something, as much as we hate Cicero,I think we are his best friends.

        Loading editor
    • Chadmoder wrote:
      oblivion and skyrim are over 200 years apart so no

      Maybe he is a vampire!

      O[]O

        Loading editor
    • Rukathesoldier wrote:
      Zombiepwner46 wrote:
      King of Skyrim wrote:
      71.59.136.100 wrote:
      Thalmor Assassin wrote:
      Cicero and the Adoring Fan are voice acted by the same guy.
      That's a little awkward...
      Very...
      Adoring Fan is Hungry..need a sweetroll..or a carrot.
      i would have loved it if cicero would have said "by sithis it's the listener" or something like that at some point referencing the adoring fan's line and how they are both voiced by the same guy.


      BOX!!

        Loading editor
    • Best part of this is people who would still try to make sense out of it after adding in Sheogorath...  Might as well have a brain made of cheese!  *cough*

        Loading editor
    • guys immortal dragons liches and dragon priests how come the adoring fan isnt immortal by sheo

        Loading editor
    • Thalmor Assassin wrote:
      Cicero and the Adoring Fan are voice acted by the same guy.

      No, they're not. Adoring Fan is voiced by Craig Sechler. Cicero is voiced by Andrew Morris.

        Loading editor
    • Froz3nite wrote:
      Plz tell me if he is or isn't


      While the idea of the two being one and the same is definitely interesting, and it is true that the Adoring Fan could have easily survived to the days of Skyrim. But ths is because he is bosmer. Cicero is breton. So no, they are unfortunately not the same person.

        Loading editor
    • 71.211.218.187 wrote:
      If your main objections to the idea of Cicero being the Adoring Fan are things like "he's an Imperial!" and "Oblivion took place 200 years ago!" Then you're not really trying very hard. The world has dragons and undead liches and daedra that are bored out of their minds. We may not know how a Bosmer from 200 years ago became an Imperial in the service of the Night Mother, but it would be a huge mistake to exclude the possibility outright. Over and above that, it freaking says it in Cicero's everloving journal, and that doesn't somehow count for noth

      can the night mother really turn races

        Loading editor
    • Dunmerborn wrote:
      Froz3nite wrote:
      Plz tell me if he is or isn't

      While the idea of the two being one and the same is definitely interesting, and it is true that the Adoring Fan could have easily survived to the days of Skyrim. But ths is because he is bosmer. Cicero is breton. So no, they are unfortunately not the same person.


      Cicero is an Imperial not a Breton.

        Loading editor
    • DaLatinKnight wrote:
      71.211.218.187 wrote:
      If your main objections to the idea of Cicero being the Adoring Fan are things like "he's an Imperial!" and "Oblivion took place 200 years ago!" Then you're not really trying very hard. The world has dragons and undead liches and daedra that are bored out of their minds. We may not know how a Bosmer from 200 years ago became an Imperial in the service of the Night Mother, but it would be a huge mistake to exclude the possibility outright. Over and above that, it freaking says it in Cicero's everloving journal, and that doesn't somehow count for noth
      can the night mother really turn races

      Actually, he brings up a valid point. Because while it is true that the Night Mother would not have the ability to physically change someone (i.e; their race, appearance, etc...) I would imagine that a Daedric Prince would have absolutely no problem with it and might have even done it without Cicero's consent (if you catch my drift) just to spice things up because he is bored. Okay, picture this: The Adoring Fan (Cicero) is a member of the Dark Brotherhood. Someone is seeking vengeance on the Grand Champion for whatever reason and has hired the DB to have him/her "removed" from the arena. So, this assassin poses as an Adoring Fan and, when they are alone and the Grand Champion has his back turned, Cicero kills him. And life may have gone n for a while. Cicero woul've continued to kill and he would've been a genius in the art of death. But eventually, he makes a slip. Just one, but that's all it took. Cicero is being chased and he is almost caught but, there is some Daedric prince somewhere that has been taking great pleasure in watching Cicero kill and he doesn't want it to end. So he makes a few "alterations" to the murder-loving Bosmer. He changes him in his entirety, from Bosmer to Imperial. But at a heavy cost.... his sanity. Thus, our Cicero is born.

        Loading editor
    • Dunmerborn wrote:
      DaLatinKnight wrote:
      71.211.218.187 wrote:
      If your main objections to the idea of Cicero being the Adoring Fan are things like "he's an Imperial!" and "Oblivion took place 200 years ago!" Then you're not really trying very hard. The world has dragons and undead liches and daedra that are bored out of their minds. We may not know how a Bosmer from 200 years ago became an Imperial in the service of the Night Mother, but it would be a huge mistake to exclude the possibility outright. Over and above that, it freaking says it in Cicero's everloving journal, and that doesn't somehow count for noth
      can the night mother really turn races
      Actually, he brings up a valid point. Because while it is true that the Night Mother would not have the ability to physically change someone (i.e; their race, appearance, etc...) I would imagine that a Daedric Prince would have absolutely no problem with it and might have even done it without Cicero's consent (if you catch my drift) just to spice things up because he is bored. Okay, picture this: The Adoring Fan (Cicero) is a member of the Dark Brotherhood. Someone is seeking vengeance on the Grand Champion for whatever reason and has hired the DB to have him/her "removed" from the arena. So, this assassin poses as an Adoring Fan and, when they are alone and the Grand Champion has his back turned, Cicero kills him. And life may have gone n for a while. Cicero woul've continued to kill and he would've been a genius in the art of death. But eventually, he makes a slip. Just one, but that's all it took. Cicero is being chased and he is almost caught but, there is some Daedric prince somewhere that has been taking great pleasure in watching Cicero kill and he doesn't want it to end. So he makes a few "alterations" to the murder-loving Bosmer. He changes him in his entirety, from Bosmer to Imperial. But at a heavy cost.... his sanity. Thus, our Cicero is born.

      Good story, except Cicero was still sane (if sanity is in a murder loving person) until he was given his position as a keeper. You can tell he is sane, up until the end, you can tell he is going mad after  tome alone, with the rest of the Dark Brotherhood in Cyrodiil, either gone or dead. Only him and the Night Mother, and the memory of his last contract, the laughing jester. That memory of a laughing jester, loneliness and silence, and duty of a keeper drove him mad, at least according to his diaries

        Loading editor
    • DaLatinKnight wrote:
      Dunmerborn wrote:
      DaLatinKnight wrote:
      71.211.218.187 wrote:
      If your main objections to the idea of Cicero being the Adoring Fan are things like "he's an Imperial!" and "Oblivion took place 200 years ago!" Then you're not really trying very hard. The world has dragons and undead liches and daedra that are bored out of their minds. We may not know how a Bosmer from 200 years ago became an Imperial in the service of the Night Mother, but it would be a huge mistake to exclude the possibility outright. Over and above that, it freaking says it in Cicero's everloving journal, and that doesn't somehow count for noth
      can the night mother really turn races
      Actually, he brings up a valid point. Because while it is true that the Night Mother would not have the ability to physically change someone (i.e; their race, appearance, etc...) I would imagine that a Daedric Prince would have absolutely no problem with it and might have even done it without Cicero's consent (if you catch my drift) just to spice things up because he is bored. Okay, picture this: The Adoring Fan (Cicero) is a member of the Dark Brotherhood. Someone is seeking vengeance on the Grand Champion for whatever reason and has hired the DB to have him/her "removed" from the arena. So, this assassin poses as an Adoring Fan and, when they are alone and the Grand Champion has his back turned, Cicero kills him. And life may have gone n for a while. Cicero woul've continued to kill and he would've been a genius in the art of death. But eventually, he makes a slip. Just one, but that's all it took. Cicero is being chased and he is almost caught but, there is some Daedric prince somewhere that has been taking great pleasure in watching Cicero kill and he doesn't want it to end. So he makes a few "alterations" to the murder-loving Bosmer. He changes him in his entirety, from Bosmer to Imperial. But at a heavy cost.... his sanity. Thus, our Cicero is born.
      Good story, except Cicero was still sane (if sanity is in a murder loving person) until he was given his position as a keeper. You can tell he is sane, up until the end, you can tell he is going mad after  tome alone, with the rest of the Dark Brotherhood in Cyrodiil, either gone or dead. Only him and the Night Mother, and the memory of his last contract, the laughing jester. That memory of a laughing jester, loneliness and silence, and duty of a keeper drove him mad, at least according to his diaries


      Then perhaps the Daedra who changed him was feeling nice and left his sanity. (They are nice sometimes)

        Loading editor
    • Why would Cicero kill be hired to kill the Listener, hmmm?

        Loading editor
    • Cicero tried or years and drove himself insane trying to be the listener. He would probably be plenty jealous if someone who was barely into the Dark Brotherhood was chosen, being passed by years of service. Some jealousy is bound to take hold. Plus, Cicero is insane. He could probably do what he wanted and not care.

         As per the original question, I highly doubt Cicero was the adoring fan, as the Adoring fan was elvish and Cicero human.

        Loading editor
    • Madman97 wrote:
      Cicero tried or years and drove himself insane trying to be the listener. He would probably be plenty jealous if someone who was barely into the Dark Brotherhood was chosen, being passed by years of service. Some jealousy is bound to take hold. Plus, Cicero is insane. He could probably do what he wanted and not care.

       As per the original question, I highly doubt Cicero was the adoring fan, as the Adoring fan was elvish and Cicero human.

      Cicero to me is an obsessive fan boy wanting some attention.

        Loading editor
    • Lol, and he got none.

        Loading editor
      • A Wikia contributor 108.64.128.25

        Ok guys, i have a little hypothesis, what if the Adoring Fan WAS Cicero, but when he tried to kill the Hero of Kvatch, he was cursed to suffer madness and immortality. just a hypothesis, tell me what you think :D

      --

      The hero of kvatch was never murdered as he became sheogorath after the greymarch

      EDIT: quote thing not working

        Loading editor
    • Babathewoodelf
      Babathewoodelf removed this reply because:
      cdDASDSA
      02:02, September 30, 2013
      This reply has been removed

      date messed up :S

        Loading editor
    • I say that theory is wrong, as the adoring fan was an elf and Cicero was a human.

        Loading editor
    • In Cicero's Journal he says he posed as a starstruck fan. So, he was wearing a disguise apparently.

        Loading editor
    • A simple easter egg. I remember spending hours trying to kill that twerp.

        Loading editor
    • Im Just Saying the Whole Sheogorath thing makes since. the Wabbajack has turned elves into humans before. and as for the one Daedric prince taking on the champion of another.... How many Daedric Princes give the player their artifacts in Skyrim???

      And the 200 year thing...who says you age at the same rate when locked behind an oblivion gate x)

        Loading editor
    • here is my theory:sheogorath had enough of the adoring fan and wabbajacked him into an imperial (whit life for ever side effect (he can be killed though but if he isnt he can live forever) and he got mad in his head wanted revenge became a vampire (he feeded so he would stay stage 1 vampire and thus not hurt by the sun and everybody doesnt attack him) and he got his revenge somehow.and btw he got a pale skin like........VAMPIRES!

        Loading editor
    • i think my theory (above) makes more sense then others because the wabbajack can chanche the race (although very rare and rly never recorded) and it has sometimes side effects so why not?

        Loading editor
    • its also possible that the hero of kvatch turned him into an imperial and he went mad and the hero dident want to kill him so he used the same the potion that was also used on mottiere so he would only be in a sleep/coma status.(this is against my 2 comments above but its very possible whit the wabbajack and he joined the dark brotherhood to get revenge but the hero was already gone (to the sheogorath plane of maddnes) but this theory is also very likely what really happened

        Loading editor
    • When Bethesda begins to work on the next Elder Scrolls installment(if they do, they had better) they should put another from of him. such as someone who hasa lot of jealousy and tries to kill you after you complete certain quests and he gets stronger over time. That would be funny but idk what people would do to him. They also have to remember Maiq the Liar.

        Loading editor
    • If he was the adoring fan, he tried to kill the Hero of Kvatch, now Sheagorath, got caught, cursed with being an immortal imperial. Later, get an arena contract, kills the new grand champion, as a way of pretending he killed the Hero of Kvatch, and yeah. Then his story follows his journals

        Loading editor
    • Lemongrab 2 wrote:
      Falloutghoul wrote:
      I can hardly believe people are still talking about this.

      It's obvious that Cicero posed as AN adoring fan, and killed the at-the-time Grand Champion, who is different than the Hero of Kvatch.

      Couldn't have said that better myself. Considering a guess from Cicero's age and voice, he seems relatively young, so he killed another Grand Champion. I couldn't guess his exact age, but between 20 and 31 would be my best bet.

      Actually, that's a little young. From the calculations that I did when I really had too much spare time, Cicero is somewhere between 35 and 40 years old, depending on when he joined the Dark Brotherhood in Cyrodiil. If you look at the dates in his diary, they were written over about ten years.

        Loading editor
    • What if Cicero is Sithis in general but doesn't want people to know?

        Loading editor
    • elves live forever. neloth for example. he is in both morrowind and dragonborn

        Loading editor
    • 65.95.84.185 wrote:
      elves live forever. neloth for example. he is in both morrowind and dragonborn

      They don't naturally.

        Loading editor
    • 65.95.84.185 wrote:
      elves live forever. neloth for example. he is in both morrowind and dragonborn


      depending on the kind of elf, I think Altmer can live for at least a thousand years, therefore they can be MUCH more skilled in many thibgs than any other mortal race can be in their own lifetime

        Loading editor
    • are you kidding me ARE YOU F*CKIN KIDDING ME!? cicero is 200 years after oblivion and the adoring fan is dead by thane. and thean some one says" well he could have bean reincarnedted " no....just no. it was suppose to be an easter egg AN EASTER EGG!!!! there has not been anything in the lore whats so ever. true there hve been reincarnation like the guy from morrowind . but still Why HIM. HE WAS AN USELES NPC AND WILL ALWAYS BE AN USLESS NPC. -thatdudewiththegun

        Loading editor
    • 46.245.144.82 wrote:
      are you kidding me ARE YOU F*CKIN KIDDING ME!?

      cicero is 200 years after oblivion and the adoring fan is dead by thane. and thean some one says" well he could have bean reincarnedted " no....just no. it was suppose to be an easter egg AN EASTER EGG!!!! there has not been anything in the lore whats so ever. true there hve been reincarnation like the guy from morrowind . but still Why HIM. HE WAS AN USELES NPC AND WILL ALWAYS BE AN USLESS NPC. -thatdudewiththegun

      actually the ardoring fan could still be ailve because he is an elf. but you are right about the other things.

        Loading editor
    • aww looks like i made a mistake cause cicero was scaring me and i killed him :(

        Loading editor
      • chuckles* I think it's kind of funny how adamantly some people are adhering to the "it's a 200 year age difference and one's and elf and the other human" in a game series centered around the whole premise of 'anything is possible'. I mean you have the Imperial Simulacrum who easily disguised himself as the most recognizable man in an empire for 10 years, a whole race of elves born from daedra dookie, the tribunal of immortal halfbreeds, a dwemer version of x-men's Mojo, a sexy vampire woman who was entombed in skyrim before there was even an empire in existance, countless tales of daedric manipulations and machinations, a mummy who talks to only one specific member of the dark brotherhood through thought, various forms of werecreatures, a bunch of everchanging scrolls that make you go blind if you're even able to read them in the first place....but the idea of Cicero being the adoring fan, now THAT'S too far-fetched.
        Loading editor
    • What are these sh*ts about Sheogorath and race-bending myths people keep yapping? It's just an easter egg, just accept it.

        Loading editor
    • Rukathesoldier wrote:

      46.245.144.82 wrote:
      are you kidding me ARE YOU F*CKIN KIDDING ME!?

      cicero is 200 years after oblivion and the adoring fan is dead by thane. and thean some one says" well he could have bean reincarnedted " no....just no. it was suppose to be an easter egg AN EASTER EGG!!!! there has not been anything in the lore whats so ever. true there hve been reincarnation like the guy from morrowind . but still Why HIM. HE WAS AN USELES NPC AND WILL ALWAYS BE AN USLESS NPC. -thatdudewiththegun

      actually the ardoring fan could still be ailve because he is an elf. but you are right about the other things.

      Well he may be a useless NPC but he's a fun to kill useless NPC

        Loading editor
    • DaLatinKnight wrote:

      65.95.84.185 wrote:
      elves live forever. neloth for example. he is in both morrowind and dragonborn


      depending on the kind of elf, I think Altmer can live for at least a thousand years, therefore they can be MUCH more skilled in many thibgs than any other mortal race can be in their own lifetime

      Does that mean that we will always be plagued with the Thalmor? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

        Loading editor
    • Impossible. The Adoring Fan last time I checked was a Bosmer, and Cicero is an Imperial. 

        Loading editor
    • Zippertrain85 wrote:
      Impossible. The Adoring Fan last time I checked was a Bosmer, and Cicero is an Imperial. 


      Boethiah ate Trinimac, shat out Malacath, who turned his altmer followers into orcs and you're gonna use the difference in race as your basis for the argument that it's impossible? 

        Loading editor
    • 24.253.8.98 wrote:
      In Cicero's Journal he says he posed as a starstruck fan. So, he was wearing a disguise apparently.


        Loading editor
    • 76.104.150.43 wrote:
      Zippertrain85 wrote:
      Impossible. The Adoring Fan last time I checked was a Bosmer, and Cicero is an Imperial. 

      Boethiah ate Trinimac, shat out Malacath, who turned his altmer followers into orcs and you're gonna use the difference in race as your basis for the argument that it's impossible? 

      Are you serious? Mortals don't just change there race, so yes, them not being the same race does make it impossible, and I have no idea what Boethiah eating Trinimac has to do with anything. 

        Loading editor
    • Zippertrain85 wrote:
      76.104.150.43 wrote:
      Zippertrain85 wrote:
      Impossible. The Adoring Fan last time I checked was a Bosmer, and Cicero is an Imperial. 

      Boethiah ate Trinimac, shat out Malacath, who turned his altmer followers into orcs and you're gonna use the difference in race as your basis for the argument that it's impossible? 
      Are you serious? Mortals don't just change there race, so yes, them not being the same race does make it impossible, and I have no idea what Boethiah eating Trinimac has to do with anything. 

      Actually that race change comment is unjustified for Men races, they were changed from Altmer to Orsimer they're both Mer.

        Loading editor
    • DaLatinKnight wrote:
      If he was the adoring fan, he tried to kill the Hero of Kvatch, now Sheagorath, got caught, cursed with being an immortal imperial. Later, get an arena contract, kills the new grand champion, as a way of pretending he killed the Hero of Kvatch, and yeah. Then his story follows his journals

      Or Cicero IS THE HERO OF KVATCH, just think of it i think hes way mad enough to buy a ticket to Shivering Isles

        Loading editor
    • It probably has been said before, but, I believe Cicero is a differend person than the adoring fan. I think it is merely a Easter-egg from oblivion in Skyrim.

      Besides, how many people haven't killed the adoring fan? I'd say his chances of survival are pretty slim. ;)

        Loading editor
    • Okay, this is staying with the leaving the fan in Oblivian; I'm not too sure of the lore, so this may sound crazy:

      The fan, tortured by daedra and dremora, was held and tormented for years in Oblivion, where time is not constant; 200 years may be three, so he may have been there longer than expected.  He was eventually driven mad, and shegorath noticed his madness.  Shegorath paid him a visit, offering to save him if he added more madness to the world as an assassain, maybe planting a few false memories/ objects on his person to make it seem convincing.  He wiped the fan's memory of being trapped, brought him to where ever the night mother was, and told him he was to find the listener.

        Loading editor
    • Pastlife17 wrote:
      Wait a minute... Cursed with Madness? Oh god Sheogorath created the Adoring Fan! WHYYY!!!!

      because he's mad? lol

        Loading editor
    • 99.17.208.237 wrote:
      Okay, this is staying with the leaving the fan in Oblivian; I'm not too sure of the lore, so this may sound crazy:

      The fan, tortured by daedra and dremora, was held and tormented for years in Oblivion, where time is not constant; 200 years may be three, so he may have been there longer than expected.  He was eventually driven mad, and shegorath noticed his madness.  Shegorath paid him a visit, offering to save him if he added more madness to the world as an assassain, maybe planting a few false memories/ objects on his person to make it seem convincing.  He wiped the fan's memory of being trapped, brought him to where ever the night mother was, and told him he was to find the listener.


      That would be a good theory, but it states how he lost his sanity. He murdered a jester, and became obsessed with him and took on this new lifestyle, becoming insane. Apart from that, good theory!

        Loading editor
    • Cicero is a Imperial

      The Adoring Fan is a Wood Elf

        Loading editor
    • KittyKhajiit wrote:
      Cicero is a Imperial

      The Adoring Fan is a Wood Elf

      do you think we didnt cover that?!

        Loading editor
    • Sajutsu wrote:
      uh guys cicero is an elf and they live for long periods of time

      Uh, cicero is an imperial


      retard....

        Loading editor
    • elves live longer than humans ? i believed that the ones that did live very long lives as in hundreds or thousands of years did it using magic.

        Loading editor
    • 1. Vampirism

      2. Cure

      3. Face-change lady in Riften

        Loading editor
    • 92.13.116.74 wrote:
      1. Vampirism

      2. Cure

      3. Face-change lady in Riften

      Why Vampirism? 

        Loading editor
    • Zippertrain85 wrote:
      92.13.116.74 wrote:
      1. Vampirism

      2. Cure

      3. Face-change lady in Riften

      Why Vampirism? 

      To survive the 200 year gap between games.

        Loading editor
    • Why can't people here accept that he's a completely different person and that him killing the grand champion of the arena was just an easter egg put in by Bethesda?

        Loading editor
    • 92.13.116.74 wrote:
      Zippertrain85 wrote:
      92.13.116.74 wrote:
      1. Vampirism

      2. Cure

      3. Face-change lady in Riften

      Why Vampirism? 
      To survive the 200 year gap between games.

      The lady in the Ragged Flagon can't change your race though. 

        Loading editor
    • Zippertrain85 wrote:
      92.13.116.74 wrote:
      Zippertrain85 wrote:
      92.13.116.74 wrote:
      1. Vampirism

      2. Cure

      3. Face-change lady in Riften

      Why Vampirism? 
      To survive the 200 year gap between games.
      The lady in the Ragged Flagon can't change your race though. 

      True

        Loading editor
    • Consider this: "the adoring fan" is contractracted to kill the champion, the Hero of Kvatch, who has become the new Sheogorath. Trying to appear as an unsuspicious civilian he avoids fighting and in order to fortify his story of being an adoring fan obsesses over the Hero.As he sees his perfect opportunity to eliminate his target he successfully kills the Hero of Kvatch. The essence of the Hero of Kvatch, now known as Sheogorath, goes to the Shivering Isles, because the essence of a daedra who has been "killed" outside their own plane returns back to their plane . Out of anger (and madness of course) Sheogorath summons the "fan" to the Shivering Isles to be imprisoned and tortured for what he did. Over this time the "fan" became extremely insane and paranoid. He did not age much, or even at all during his time in the Isles, whether it be due to the flow of time in the Isles differering from that of Tameriel, or simply because Sheogorath didn't want him to die of natural causes. However, either the time spent in the realm of the Mad God, or his torture phisically altered the fan to the point where he appears to be an Imperial. One day Sheogorath, in a good mood, releases the "fan" back to Tameriel, several years after he was brought to the Shivering Isles.  The "fan" rejoins the Dark Brotherhood under the Imperial name Cicero as to not draw attention to himself, fearing being recaptured by the fickle Sheogorath. At one point, to further blurr his past, paranoid Cicero writes several journel entries, partially based on truth, but mostly to create an alibi, shielding his past from Sheogorath, although Sheogorath likely still knows who Cicero, being an all poweful daedra, dispite Cicero telling himself he is safe from The Mad God. 

      ,but thats just a theory, a Game Theory (yes, this line was completely necessary).

        Loading editor
    • PsijicThief wrote:
      There's a hand-to-hand finisher where you throw someone over your back?! Why have I not been fighting bare-fisted?!!??!

      THERE IS?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!!@P!OIQWHRLQEKGTKAEHSDFUAELRJKFBHAKLEJDGHJKOAOxdhXFGIOUASBHDLGIALISDUHDGLIUHQAGIOAUSYGDFHASDIFPAISUGHDIOl;sdhgto;iehgiasdhSLKRJHTO;IASDHGP[OIHAPOITH

        Loading editor
    • 96.35.236.216 wrote:
      Consider this: "the adoring fan" is contractracted to kill the champion, the Hero of Kvatch, who has become the new Sheogorath. Trying to appear as an unsuspicious civilian he avoids fighting and in order to fortify his story of being an adoring fan obsesses over the Hero.As he sees his perfect opportunity to eliminate his target he successfully kills the Hero of Kvatch. The essence of the Hero of Kvatch, now known as Sheogorath, goes to the Shivering Isles, because the essence of a daedra who has been "killed" outside their own plane returns back to their plane . Out of anger (and madness of course) Sheogorath summons the "fan" to the Shivering Isles to be imprisoned and tortured for what he did. Over this time the "fan" became extremely insane and paranoid. He did not age much, or even at all during his time in the Isles, whether it be due to the flow of time in the Isles differering from that of Tameriel, or simply because Sheogorath didn't want him to die of natural causes. However, either the time spent in the realm of the Mad God, or his torture phisically altered the fan to the point where he appears to be an Imperial. One day Sheogorath, in a good mood, releases the "fan" back to Tameriel, several years after he was brought to the Shivering Isles.  The "fan" rejoins the Dark Brotherhood under the Imperial name Cicero as to not draw attention to himself, fearing being recaptured by the fickle Sheogorath. At one point, to further blurr his past, paranoid Cicero writes several journel entries, partially based on truth, but mostly to create an alibi, shielding his past from Sheogorath, although Sheogorath likely still knows who Cicero, being an all poweful daedra, dispite Cicero telling himself he is safe from The Mad God. 

      ,but thats just a theory, a Game Theory (yes, this line was completely necessary).

      A GAME THEORY!!! Thanks for watching! (Cue random music off of Internet)

        Loading editor
    • Now that was well thought out.

        Loading editor
    • Okay, I'm scrolling through this and I see two facts reappearing over and over again. That Skyrim is 200 years after Oblivion and that Cicero is an Imperial and the Adoring Fan was a Bosmer. And honestly, what actual value do those facts have? Remember, Tamriel is a FANTASY world. And if there is one recurring theme throughout TES, it's that anything is possible. Can dragons come back to life? Sure, why not. Can a god of Destruction tear through the veil between dimensions and conjure himself as a giant devil creature? Of course. Can the god of Life also conjure himself on the mortal plane in the form of a DRAGON to combat this devil? Yes, it's happened before. Nirn is not Earth. So why can't Cicero be the Adoring Fan? It'snot all that far fetched, if you think about it.

        Loading editor
    • The guy above is right, anything can happen. So Cicero could in fact be the adoring fan.

        Loading editor
    • Erik Torvaldson wrote:
      Put the adoring fan in Skyrim, ill introduce him to the throat of the world in the proper Nord fashion.

      There is a Better Lighting Mod that adds him in.

      • Voice not included
        Loading editor
    • 23.122.201.219 wrote:
      Okay, I'm scrolling through this and I see two facts reappearing over and over again. That Skyrim is 200 years after Oblivion and that Cicero is an Imperial and the Adoring Fan was a Bosmer. And honestly, what actual value do those facts have? Remember, Tamriel is a FANTASY world. And if there is one recurring theme throughout TES, it's that anything is possible. Can dragons come back to life? Sure, why not. Can a god of Destruction tear through the veil between dimensions and conjure himself as a giant devil creature? Of course. Can the god of Life also conjure himself on the mortal plane in the form of a DRAGON to combat this devil? Yes, it's happened before. Nirn is not Earth. So why can't Cicero be the Adoring Fan? It'snot all that far fetched, if you think about it.

      Because Cicero is a goddamn Imperial and not a Bosmer. It's almost impossible for a person in the TES Universe to change the race. The only time where this happened was when Boethiah ate Trinimac and caused his followers to turn into Orsimer, and when Azura cursed the Chimer and turned them into Dunmer.

      It's way too easy to say "Duh, it's a FANTASY world, everything is possibru!!!" There is no evidence in Lore that suggest that he is the Adoring Fan.

      Also:

      27th of Rain's Hand

      4E 187 Completed the Arena contract. I ultimately decided to pose as a starstruck fan, and immediately got into the Grand Champion's good graces. While escorting the arrogant fool through the Great Forest, I slashed his throat and left the corpse for the bears.

      We saw the Adoring Fan in 3E 433, and Bosmer usually only live up to 150 years. Chances are also high that he was killed while he was following the CoC.

      These facts have tons of vaule.

        Loading editor
    • If you read Cicero's journal 3 (I think), it says that his final contract before he became keeper was a jester. After that he was not allowed to kill. As he was kept from killing, being the keeper of the night mother, he thought back fondly of the maniacal laughter of the jester.

      This is where Cicero obtains his infamous garb.

        Loading editor
    • the only way that cicero could actually be the adoring fan is if he were to have contracted sanguinare vampirus, but then again, elves can live for hundreds of years, the adoring fan is a wood elf, cicero is an imperial so he couldnt have been the adoring fan

        Loading editor
    • Thalmor Assassin wrote:
      Cicero and the Adoring Fan are voice acted by the same guy.

      That is just creepy. XD

        Loading editor
    • 96.35.236.216 wrote:
      Consider this: "the adoring fan" is contractracted to kill the champion, the Hero of Kvatch, who has become the new Sheogorath. Trying to appear as an unsuspicious civilian he avoids fighting and in order to fortify his story of being an adoring fan obsesses over the Hero.As he sees his perfect opportunity to eliminate his target he successfully kills the Hero of Kvatch. The essence of the Hero of Kvatch, now known as Sheogorath, goes to the Shivering Isles, because the essence of a daedra who has been "killed" outside their own plane returns back to their plane . Out of anger (and madness of course) Sheogorath summons the "fan" to the Shivering Isles to be imprisoned and tortured for what he did. Over this time the "fan" became extremely insane and paranoid. He did not age much, or even at all during his time in the Isles, whether it be due to the flow of time in the Isles differering from that of Tameriel, or simply because Sheogorath didn't want him to die of natural causes. However, either the time spent in the realm of the Mad God, or his torture phisically altered the fan to the point where he appears to be an Imperial. One day Sheogorath, in a good mood, releases the "fan" back to Tameriel, several years after he was brought to the Shivering Isles.  The "fan" rejoins the Dark Brotherhood under the Imperial name Cicero as to not draw attention to himself, fearing being recaptured by the fickle Sheogorath. At one point, to further blurr his past, paranoid Cicero writes several journel entries, partially based on truth, but mostly to create an alibi, shielding his past from Sheogorath, although Sheogorath likely still knows who Cicero, being an all poweful daedra, dispite Cicero telling himself he is safe from The Mad God. 

      ,but thats just a theory, a Game Theory (yes, this line was completely necessary).

      BEST DANG THEORY EVER!! Nice job dude! :-)

        Loading editor
    • AngryEnclaveSoldier wrote:
      23.122.201.219 wrote:
      Okay, I'm scrolling through this and I see two facts reappearing over and over again. That Skyrim is 200 years after Oblivion and that Cicero is an Imperial and the Adoring Fan was a Bosmer. And honestly, what actual value do those facts have? Remember, Tamriel is a FANTASY world. And if there is one recurring theme throughout TES, it's that anything is possible. Can dragons come back to life? Sure, why not. Can a god of Destruction tear through the veil between dimensions and conjure himself as a giant devil creature? Of course. Can the god of Life also conjure himself on the mortal plane in the form of a DRAGON to combat this devil? Yes, it's happened before. Nirn is not Earth. So why can't Cicero be the Adoring Fan? It'snot all that far fetched, if you think about it.
      Because Cicero is a goddamn Imperial and not a Bosmer. It's almost impossible for a person in the TES Universe to change the race. The only time where this happened was when Boethiah ate Trinimac and caused his followers to turn into Orsimer, and when Azura cursed the Chimer and turned them into Dunmer.

      It's way too easy to say "Duh, it's a FANTASY world, everything is possibru!!!" There is no evidence in Lore that suggest that he is the Adoring Fan.

      Also:

      27th of Rain's Hand

      4E 187 Completed the Arena contract. I ultimately decided to pose as a starstruck fan, and immediately got into the Grand Champion's good graces. While escorting the arrogant fool through the Great Forest, I slashed his throat and left the corpse for the bears.

      We saw the Adoring Fan in 3E 433, and Bosmer usually only live up to 150 years. Chances are also high that he was killed while he was following the CoC.

      These facts have tons of vaule.

      You make a valid point, but if we are basing the entire disscusion off of the fact that there is nothing in TES Lore that suggests so, you can also say that there is nothing in Lore that directly says he isn't. And just as Azura punished the Chimer, perhaps someone punished Cicero. Sheogorath, for example. And it's all just speculation. That's why we partake in these disscusions, right? Because it's fun to speculate? And to be fair, there is a lot of validity in the fact that Nirn is Nirn and Earth is Earth. It is a fantasy world. And just because something is "way too easy" to say, doesn't automatically dismiss it as a fact. Say the Adoring Fan's lifespan is 150 years. Maybe add on Cicero's lifespan, also about 50 years as of Skyrim?

        Loading editor
    • Oh for God's sake, if any of you had even read the journals you'd know that Cicero and the AF aren't the same. Cicero was not 'cursed' by Sheogorath, he explains in his journals how he went crazy, and was mainly due to being confined to the sanctuary all on his own, desperately trying  to speak to the Night Mother and become her listener WHILST being tormented by his last contract, which was a jester (which explains why he started to act and dress like one ) they are years apart, they're different races and the reference to the AF in his journal was probably simply that, a reference. Just a little reminder of the AF, for any of those who had played Oblivion

        Loading editor
    • I feel that both sides have valid arguments but I have to side with the argument that allows for thought. I feel that it is plausible that the Adoring Fan bacame our beloved Cicero and here's why.

      I understand the argument that they are two completely different races and I respect that argument but what hard facts do we have to confirm their races.(This will start to make sense soon.) Say this is the case, lets say the Adoring Fan is in fact a Bosmer, ok, lets say you didn't kill him, ok, now what if somwhere in his 150 yr. life span(as set byAngryEnclaveSoldier previously) he contracts vampirism. 150 yrs is a long time, I would reckon that that is long enough to have some point in your life time where you contract vampirism. Now this explains how he would still be alive at the time in which TES:V takes place and it will explain Cicero's pale skin. Now lets say that the Adoring Fan was in fact part of the Dark Brotherhood, ok, and he is given the contract for the Hero of Kvatch. He attempts the contract but is unable to fulfill this contract due to the strength of the target. Instead of killing this would be assasin, the Hero spares him out of pity. The Adoring Fan returns to the Brotherhood and continues fulfilling contracts. We then come to the part of where Cicero's madness comes into play, at some point he has to kill the jester. The Adoring Fan obsesses over the jester and what if the jester had a name, something like oh I don't know, Cicero. He changes his name to Cicero and falls into his madness. In Cicero's madness and obsession over the jester he decides to change is image to match that of the jester. He hacks at his ears and has his face altered to the best that he was able. He is now fully what we know as Cicero and thats the end of it, right? WRONG! You can't just leave it at that because we have to take into account the journals, the most evidence that can be used to deny my claim is that of the journals. So lets say this, Cicero is now crazy so his brain is that of swiss cheese, And with this cheesy brain of hiw he decides to start writing in a journal, or does he? No he doesn't, Cicero doesn't write in a journal, instead he writes his memoir, a memior for himself so that he doesn't forget everything in his rapidly depleting memory. He begins to write it but because he is crazy he doesn't actually remember things as they actually are, instead he writes them as his subconscios mind wishes they were. He has no recollection of time so thats why the dates don't match up, he now has his alter persona as a jester so he recalls his entire life (that which he can remember) as an imperial and things like the contract for the Champion were fulfilled (because that's how he wanted it to be in his mind). Now you may be asking me why it was written like a journal if  this is a memior, I'll tell you why, Cicero was writing this not as a story or auto-biography of his life but as moments in his life where he could go to one of these books, open it up, choose a page, read it and completely relive this moment of his life.(ever watch The Butterfly Effect?)

      This is just one theory, I do have others, some involve the infamous Sheogorath.

        Loading editor
    • 69.35.192.185 wrote: I feel that both sides have valid arguments but I have to side with the argument that allows for thought. I feel that it is plausible that the Adoring Fan bacame our beloved Cicero and here's why.

      I understand the argument that they are two completely different races and I respect that argument but what hard facts do we have to confirm their races.(This will start to make sense soon.) Say this is the case, lets say the Adoring Fan is in fact a Bosmer, ok, lets say you didn't kill him, ok, now what if somwhere in his 150 yr. life span(as set byAngryEnclaveSoldier previously) he contracts vampirism. 150 yrs is a long time, I would reckon that that is long enough to have some point in your life time where you contract vampirism. Now this explains how he would still be alive at the time in which TES:V takes place and it will explain Cicero's pale skin. Now lets say that the Adoring Fan was in fact part of the Dark Brotherhood, ok, and he is given the contract for the Hero of Kvatch. He attempts the contract but is unable to fulfill this contract due to the strength of the target. Instead of killing this would be assasin, the Hero spares him out of pity. The Adoring Fan returns to the Brotherhood and continues fulfilling contracts. We then come to the part of where Cicero's madness comes into play, at some point he has to kill the jester. The Adoring Fan obsesses over the jester and what if the jester had a name, something like oh I don't know, Cicero. He changes his name to Cicero and falls into his madness. In Cicero's madness and obsession over the jester he decides to change is image to match that of the jester. He hacks at his ears and has his face altered to the best that he was able. He is now fully what we know as Cicero and thats the end of it, right? WRONG! You can't just leave it at that because we have to take into account the journals, the most evidence that can be used to deny my claim is that of the journals. So lets say this, Cicero is now crazy so his brain is that of swiss cheese, And with this cheesy brain of hiw he decides to start writing in a journal, or does he? No he doesn't, Cicero doesn't write in a journal, instead he writes his memoir, a memior for himself so that he doesn't forget everything in his rapidly depleting memory. He begins to write it but because he is crazy he doesn't actually remember things as they actually are, instead he writes them as his subconscios mind wishes they were. He has no recollection of time so thats why the dates don't match up, he now has his alter persona as a jester so he recalls his entire life (that which he can remember) as an imperial and things like the contract for the Champion were fulfilled (because that's how he wanted it to be in his mind). Now you may be asking me why it was written like a journal if  this is a memior, I'll tell you why, Cicero was writing this not as a story or auto-biography of his life but as moments in his life where he could go to one of these books, open it up, choose a page, read it and completely relive this moment of his life.(ever watch The Butterfly Effect?)

      This is just one theory, I do have others, some involve the infamous Sheogorath.

      I have a question. Can those of you who say that it is impossible for The Adoring Fan and Cicero to be the same person because of 200 year time difference and/or race difference and leave it at that please go into as much detail as this gentleman did just now?

        Loading editor
    • okay this is whats wrong with the world really really REALLY stupid people first off i love the elder scrolls im a huge fan but this is retarded how can people argue over somthing this small set aside the fact that the adoring fan is NOT cicero how much brain damage must you have or drugs must you be on to come up with this stuff? to wright several paragraphs based on a cocaine fuled trip on oblivion makes me think the world is going to burn in an intense fire because someone will think a nuclear launch button and a tv power button are somehow the same thing. 

        Loading editor
    • 66.159.116.165 wrote:
      Thalmor Assassin wrote:
      Cicero and the Adoring Fan are voice acted by the same guy.
      No, they're not. Adoring Fan is voiced by Craig Sechler. Cicero is voiced by Andrew Morris.

      0_0 umm the adoring fan and hircine and gallus all have the same voice actor

        Loading editor
    • Some NPCs having the same voice actor doesn't mean that there's a connection between those NPCs.

        Loading editor
    • 69.35.192.185 wrote:
      I feel that both sides have valid arguments but I have to side with the argument that allows for thought. I feel that it is plausible that the Adoring Fan bacame our beloved Cicero and here's why.

      I understand the argument that they are two completely different races and I respect that argument but what hard facts do we have to confirm their races.(This will start to make sense soon.) Say this is the case, lets say the Adoring Fan is in fact a Bosmer, ok, lets say you didn't kill him, ok, now what if somwhere in his 150 yr. life span(as set byAngryEnclaveSoldier previously) he contracts vampirism. 150 yrs is a long time, I would reckon that that is long enough to have some point in your life time where you contract vampirism. Now this explains how he would still be alive at the time in which TES:V takes place and it will explain Cicero's pale skin. Now lets say that the Adoring Fan was in fact part of the Dark Brotherhood, ok, and he is given the contract for the Hero of Kvatch. He attempts the contract but is unable to fulfill this contract due to the strength of the target. Instead of killing this would be assasin, the Hero spares him out of pity. The Adoring Fan returns to the Brotherhood and continues fulfilling contracts. We then come to the part of where Cicero's madness comes into play, at some point he has to kill the jester. The Adoring Fan obsesses over the jester and what if the jester had a name, something like oh I don't know, Cicero. He changes his name to Cicero and falls into his madness. In Cicero's madness and obsession over the jester he decides to change is image to match that of the jester. He hacks at his ears and has his face altered to the best that he was able. He is now fully what we know as Cicero and thats the end of it, right? WRONG! You can't just leave it at that because we have to take into account the journals, the most evidence that can be used to deny my claim is that of the journals. So lets say this, Cicero is now crazy so his brain is that of swiss cheese, And with this cheesy brain of hiw he decides to start writing in a journal, or does he? No he doesn't, Cicero doesn't write in a journal, instead he writes his memoir, a memior for himself so that he doesn't forget everything in his rapidly depleting memory. He begins to write it but because he is crazy he doesn't actually remember things as they actually are, instead he writes them as his subconscios mind wishes they were. He has no recollection of time so thats why the dates don't match up, he now has his alter persona as a jester so he recalls his entire life (that which he can remember) as an imperial and things like the contract for the Champion were fulfilled (because that's how he wanted it to be in his mind). Now you may be asking me why it was written like a journal if  this is a memior, I'll tell you why, Cicero was writing this not as a story or auto-biography of his life but as moments in his life where he could go to one of these books, open it up, choose a page, read it and completely relive this moment of his life.(ever watch The Butterfly Effect?)

      This is just one theory, I do have others, some involve the infamous Sheogorath.

      The "starstruck fan" that Cicero poses as and the adoring fan are two entirely different people, as the events occure well over 180 years apart from eachother. The idea that the Adoring fan hacked his ears and altered his facial appearance to look like Cicero is absurd, as there are no signs of scarring or damage from surgery. But on top of this, he would have also had to grow about 5 inches taller at least, change his whole skeletal system, shrink the pupils of his eyes, and lost his innate Bosmer ability to resist poisons and diseases, as it is very easy to poison Cicero. You're not talking about a simply "cut here, stich there" surgery. The Adoring fan would have had to been reborn entirely for the amount of changes to work.

      This theory, while interesting, revolves around things that cannot be proven or are even slightly supported by evidence in any way. Otherwise any theory could hold validity. I'll pitch one right now: Paarthurnax is actually the Gray Fox you met in Oblivion. Never mind that they are different species and about 200 years apart and that there is no real evidence to support it. He probably just used magic or something or underwent the same kind of quality surgery that the Adoring fan apparently did.

      Your theory also relies on the idea that a lot of in game content is purposefully inaccurate (i.e. Cicero being sane enough to remember his encounter as the Adoring fan BUT crazy enough to NOT remember the date properly).

        Loading editor
    • When casting necromancy on cicero he maintains his mannerisms. perhaps this isn't a glitch, but is intentional? Maybe he's an undead of some sort, which would explain his long life span.

        Loading editor
    • It's either a glitch or just a very evil joke from Bethesda.

      And again, Cicero can't be the Adoring Fan. There's more than enough proof against this theory.

        Loading editor
    • Sheogorath is a Daedric prince who does not follow logic, and being a Daedric prince, he not only does not follow logic, but he has the power to defy logic. If we're assuming The Mad God is involved, anyone trying to disprove this is fighting for a lost cause, because when Sheogorath wants to screw logic, Sheogorath screws logic.

        Loading editor
    • Why is this still an ongoing debate? Eveyone that has logic knows that Cicero and the Adoring Fan are entirely different people, easter egg's like this aren't canon for the sake of God.

        Loading editor
    • cicero went mad because he was alone for a very long time,al his friends were killed and the most important thing in his life (the night mother) woudn't talk to him........i think i woud me mad to.

        Loading editor
    • frickin stop talking about it this. i mean the only reason i posted this is because was started half a year ago and is still going i mean shut up for christs sake.

        Loading editor
    • So unnessecary. Go elsewhere to sound your incompentant and frankly pathetic yawp. Ragers these days. -_-

        Loading editor
    • If the Adoring fan appears on skyrim... I shall offer him to Molag Bal in the altar, or the pillar of Boethiah.

        Loading editor
    • Antharius1337 wrote:
      If the Adoring fan appears on skyrim... I shall offer him to Molag Bal in the altar, or the pillar of Boethiah.

      If only a modder puts him there.

        Loading editor
    • 68.190.153.105 wrote:
      were does cicero go after you spare him?


      after the dark brotherhood questline, he appears outside the new sanctuary and is available as a follower.

        Loading editor
    • There is no way that an idiot such as the adoring fan is a assassin.

      Plus Cicero does not say "By Azura by Azura by Azura its the dragonborn standing here before me!" every five seconds or so.

        Loading editor
    • Cicero and The Adoring Fan are both really small.... Although I think it is more of an easter egg than anything else.

        Loading editor
    • 68.51.41.74 wrote:
      There is no way that an idiot such as the adoring fan is a assassin.

      Plus Cicero does not say "By Azura by Azura by Azura its the dragonborn standing here before me!" every five seconds or so.

      That's true. Plus I don't think Bosmer worship Azura. It's more of a dunmer thing.

        Loading editor
    • 69.35.192.185 wrote:
      I feel that both sides have valid arguments but I have to side with the argument that allows for thought. I feel that it is plausible that the Adoring Fan bacame our beloved Cicero and here's why.

      I understand the argument that they are two completely different races and I respect that argument but what hard facts do we have to confirm their races.(This will start to make sense soon.) Say this is the case, lets say the Adoring Fan is in fact a Bosmer, ok, lets say you didn't kill him, ok, now what if somwhere in his 150 yr. life span(as set byAngryEnclaveSoldier previously) he contracts vampirism. 150 yrs is a long time, I would reckon that that is long enough to have some point in your life time where you contract vampirism. Now this explains how he would still be alive at the time in which TES:V takes place and it will explain Cicero's pale skin. Now lets say that the Adoring Fan was in fact part of the Dark Brotherhood, ok, and he is given the contract for the Hero of Kvatch. He attempts the contract but is unable to fulfill this contract due to the strength of the target. Instead of killing this would be assasin, the Hero spares him out of pity. The Adoring Fan returns to the Brotherhood and continues fulfilling contracts. We then come to the part of where Cicero's madness comes into play, at some point he has to kill the jester. The Adoring Fan obsesses over the jester and what if the jester had a name, something like oh I don't know, Cicero. He changes his name to Cicero and falls into his madness. In Cicero's madness and obsession over the jester he decides to change is image to match that of the jester. He hacks at his ears and has his face altered to the best that he was able. He is now fully what we know as Cicero and thats the end of it, right? WRONG! You can't just leave it at that because we have to take into account the journals, the most evidence that can be used to deny my claim is that of the journals. So lets say this, Cicero is now crazy so his brain is that of swiss cheese, And with this cheesy brain of hiw he decides to start writing in a journal, or does he? No he doesn't, Cicero doesn't write in a journal, instead he writes his memoir, a memior for himself so that he doesn't forget everything in his rapidly depleting memory. He begins to write it but because he is crazy he doesn't actually remember things as they actually are, instead he writes them as his subconscios mind wishes they were. He has no recollection of time so thats why the dates don't match up, he now has his alter persona as a jester so he recalls his entire life (that which he can remember) as an imperial and things like the contract for the Champion were fulfilled (because that's how he wanted it to be in his mind). Now you may be asking me why it was written like a journal if  this is a memior, I'll tell you why, Cicero was writing this not as a story or auto-biography of his life but as moments in his life where he could go to one of these books, open it up, choose a page, read it and completely relive this moment of his life.(ever watch The Butterfly Effect?)

      This is just one theory, I do have others, some involve the infamous Sheogorath.

      I suggest you attemot to use occam's razor. Your argument relies almost entierly on asumptions, which makes it marginaly less likely to be true. You are saying that he got surgery to change races, but had no scarring. And the lady underneath riften does say that vampires can't get face altering surgery. 

        Loading editor
    • 96.61.5.73 wrote:
      69.35.192.185 wrote:
      I feel that both sides have valid arguments but I have to side with the argument that allows for thought. I feel that it is plausible that the Adoring Fan bacame our beloved Cicero and here's why.

      I understand the argument that they are two completely different races and I respect that argument but what hard facts do we have to confirm their races.(This will start to make sense soon.) Say this is the case, lets say the Adoring Fan is in fact a Bosmer, ok, lets say you didn't kill him, ok, now what if somwhere in his 150 yr. life span(as set byAngryEnclaveSoldier previously) he contracts vampirism. 150 yrs is a long time, I would reckon that that is long enough to have some point in your life time where you contract vampirism. Now this explains how he would still be alive at the time in which TES:V takes place and it will explain Cicero's pale skin. Now lets say that the Adoring Fan was in fact part of the Dark Brotherhood, ok, and he is given the contract for the Hero of Kvatch. He attempts the contract but is unable to fulfill this contract due to the strength of the target. Instead of killing this would be assasin, the Hero spares him out of pity. The Adoring Fan returns to the Brotherhood and continues fulfilling contracts. We then come to the part of where Cicero's madness comes into play, at some point he has to kill the jester. The Adoring Fan obsesses over the jester and what if the jester had a name, something like oh I don't know, Cicero. He changes his name to Cicero and falls into his madness. In Cicero's madness and obsession over the jester he decides to change is image to match that of the jester. He hacks at his ears and has his face altered to the best that he was able. He is now fully what we know as Cicero and thats the end of it, right? WRONG! You can't just leave it at that because we have to take into account the journals, the most evidence that can be used to deny my claim is that of the journals. So lets say this, Cicero is now crazy so his brain is that of swiss cheese, And with this cheesy brain of hiw he decides to start writing in a journal, or does he? No he doesn't, Cicero doesn't write in a journal, instead he writes his memoir, a memior for himself so that he doesn't forget everything in his rapidly depleting memory. He begins to write it but because he is crazy he doesn't actually remember things as they actually are, instead he writes them as his subconscios mind wishes they were. He has no recollection of time so thats why the dates don't match up, he now has his alter persona as a jester so he recalls his entire life (that which he can remember) as an imperial and things like the contract for the Champion were fulfilled (because that's how he wanted it to be in his mind). Now you may be asking me why it was written like a journal if  this is a memior, I'll tell you why, Cicero was writing this not as a story or auto-biography of his life but as moments in his life where he could go to one of these books, open it up, choose a page, read it and completely relive this moment of his life.(ever watch The Butterfly Effect?)

      This is just one theory, I do have others, some involve the infamous Sheogorath.

      I suggest you attemot to use occam's razor. Your argument relies almost entierly on asumptions, which makes it marginaly less likely to be true. You are saying that he got surgery to change races, but had no scarring. And the lady underneath riften does say that vampires can't get face altering surgery. 

      You can cure vampirism you know... and also about the no scarring there may be a cure or a cover up for it. Like healing potions or alchemy ingredients.

        Loading editor
    • Wow. Gotta love it how you guys are stretching Ciceros story sooooo thin that you even assume that he can be from that time. It's clearly stated in game that Cicero can NOT be the Adoring Fan. I will now close this thread, since it has been going for too long and since the question was already answered in the first replies.

        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message

Around Wikia's network

Random Wiki