FANDOM


  • I'm wondering how many people actually killed Motierre, the Dark Brotherhood was probably one of the best quest lines. I was almost in tears when *you know what* and when I saw *you know who* on the ground. The only other time the game got any kind of reponse from me was when Kodlak died and then the tomb of Ysgramor, but I think the dark brotherhood topped that.

    Anyway, I killed Motierre. I think I had to, I wanted to have my hands completely clean and I was in a blood lust kind of mood. Who else did?

      Loading editor
    • I didnt..

        Loading editor
    • Thunderthespark
      Thunderthespark removed this reply because:
      Incorrect statement
      04:13, June 14, 2013
      This reply has been removed
    • I didn't but I defenatly would have if I did the DB questline...

        Loading editor
    • I did. because I think fufilling Titus Mede II's dying wish is better

        Loading editor
    • yes i did, cant stand the guy.

        Loading editor
    • when i play the dark brotherhood quest i don't kll him it would be bad for business to kill customers

        Loading editor
    • From a roleplaying standpoint, it didn't make much sense for me to kill my client and to listen to the leader of the empire, which I cannot stand.

        Loading editor
    • Hound740 wrote:
      when i play the dark brotherhood quest i don't kll him it would be bad for business to kill customers

      Haven't you ever seen "The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly"? Same principle. Two people ask you to kill the other, so fufill both's wishes.

      "But you know the pity is when I'm paid, I always follow my job through. You know that."

        Loading editor
    • I did but he fell through the floor everytime I done it

        Loading editor
    • i did i felt i really wanted a some more cash from the jems he dropped and i felt happier for fullfilling the emperor's last wish.

        Loading editor
    • I did, i felt like killing someone with good loot.

        Loading editor
    • I did. "You may be a weak, pathetic old man, but I am nothing without my honour, Titus. You're wish shall be granted, as the Dread Father always requires more souls."

        Loading editor
    • Your*

        Loading editor
    • Oh I slayed that dishonorable chump. All part of my plan to become Emperor - the more I kill, the less stand in my way... Plus, I'll take your coin to kill, but it had better be a good decision, or I'm coming back for you. 


      Also Titus Mede II was a nice guy. Motierre wasn't. 

        Loading editor
    • I did, simply because it felt wrong to disobey the Emperor's final wish. I felt so bad killing him, he was a nice guy. I had no pity for Motierre.

        Loading editor
    • I did because since I sided with the empire I didn't want motierre to take over tamriel, that would just be terrible because #1 the nords would spread the're honor crap everywhere forcing out all the mages and thieves leaving only the warriors making tamriel resemble earth at around 1400. #2 Motierre hirred an assasin to kill the emperor so imagine what he would do to the regular people and #3 motierre is ugly and I don't like him.

        Loading editor
    • Lonebosmer41 wrote:
      From a roleplaying standpoint, it didn't make much sense for me to kill my client and to listen to the leader of the empire, which I cannot stand.

      Right... because killing the man who knows you assassinated the Emperor and doesn't have any loyalties to you certainly doesn't make any sense at all, the wisest thing to do is to leave loose ends flittering freely in the breeze.

      I killed him because he was a smug bastard, obviously power hungry, a loose end, hell I gave the old man a clean death, why not kill the man who ordered it and have a little more fun since I already know where the dead drop is?

        Loading editor
    • TrudleR
      TrudleR removed this reply because:
      email notifications
      15:21, April 1, 2015
      This reply has been removed
    • YES I DID, with no hesitate and meciless. You want to be a bad guy, you plan an evil action, and you deal with some other bad guy, you'll gonna get something bad in return,karma.

        Loading editor
    • 123.136.106.200 wrote:
      YES I DID, with no hesitate and meciless. You want to be a bad guy, you plan an evil action, and you deal with some other bad guy, you'll gonna get something bad in return,karma.

      Not really evil. Killing your treacherous partner and granting your victim's final wish, is your good deed for the day.

        Loading editor
    • Yesh!

        Loading editor
    • I did not. Roleplay wise - Motierre was my client, a powerful and rich man who was just about to get become more rich and even more powerful. He might need our reliable services in the future. I can see why people would fufil the Emperor's dying wish, he was an honourable and wise man who did not fear death. But you're the Dark Brotherhood. Just because you respect someone does not mean you have to give them privileges. Killing Motierre would do nothing to benefit the Dark Brotherhood.

        Loading editor
    • 2.30.225.241 wrote:
      Just because you respect someone does not mean you have to give them privileges.

      Srsly?

        Loading editor
    • Al Wolf2200 wrote:
      Lonebosmer41 wrote:
      From a roleplaying standpoint, it didn't make much sense for me to kill my client and to listen to the leader of the empire, which I cannot stand.
      Right... because killing the man who knows you assassinated the Emperor and doesn't have any loyalties to you certainly doesn't make any sense at all, the wisest thing to do is to leave loose ends flittering freely in the breeze.

      I killed him because he was a smug bastard, obviously power hungry, a loose end, hell I gave the old man a clean death, why not kill the man who ordered it and have a little more fun since I already know where the dead drop is?

      What could Motierre do with the knowledge that the Dark Brotherhood killed the Emperor? He can't exactly go around preaching it to people. He is the new top dog. The top dog that knows your services are reliable and at his service. It would be far more profitable for you to keep him alive.

      Besides, you have evidence that he hired you. If things somehow got risky, you have that to hold over his head.

        Loading editor
    • 2.30.225.241 wrote:
      Al Wolf2200 wrote:
      Lonebosmer41 wrote:
      From a roleplaying standpoint, it didn't make much sense for me to kill my client and to listen to the leader of the empire, which I cannot stand.
      Right... because killing the man who knows you assassinated the Emperor and doesn't have any loyalties to you certainly doesn't make any sense at all, the wisest thing to do is to leave loose ends flittering freely in the breeze.

      I killed him because he was a smug bastard, obviously power hungry, a loose end, hell I gave the old man a clean death, why not kill the man who ordered it and have a little more fun since I already know where the dead drop is?

      What could Motierre do with the knowledge that the Dark Brotherhood killed the Emperor? He can't exactly go around preaching it to people. He is the new top dog. The top dog that knows your services are reliable and at his service. It would be far more profitable for you to keep him alive.

      Besides, you have evidence that he hired you. If things somehow got risky, you have that to hold over his head.

      Precisely what I was going for. 

        Loading editor
    • I just...felt doom-driven by the fact that the endlessly-questing dragonborn inside myself had taken me to kill the very person i've sworn to protect.

      I lured Motierre into the open of Whiterun,and just Soul Tear the bajeezus out of him.

      Besides,he's just another snack for Sithis.Don't know why i wouldn't kill him.

        Loading editor
    • There's only one answer to this (when i read rpg-wise i could puke, that argument is as good/bad as any other):


      HAIL SITHIS

        Loading editor
    • If you have the opportunity, then kill. The Dread Father's hunger is boundless, and more souls are always welcome within his realm.

        Loading editor
    • I done it because it fit into my characters rolelay.

        Loading editor
    • 82.32.109.122 wrote:
      I done it because it fit into my characters rolelay.

      Were you an Imperial symphasizer, did you do whatever anyone said, or did you do it for Sithis?

        Loading editor
    • I did on my purely mercernary playthrough but not on my completely evil playthrough

        Loading editor
    • A completely evil person would kill Motierre.

        Loading editor
    • The only person I felt bad about killing was Narfi. Not because he was "a good guy" but because "I just murdered a retard."

        Loading editor
    • I too only felt bad for killing Narfi. He was just so poor and defenseless. wonder who wanted him dead anyway...

        Loading editor
    • On the bright side, you ended the suffering of a man (Narfi) that lost so much already. Surely one of the other people in Ivarstead that requested his death know of it.

        Loading editor
    • 178.249.122.24 wrote:
      I too only felt bad for killing Narfi. He was just so poor and defenseless. wonder who wanted him dead anyway...

      It was probably Wilhelm, to end Narfi's suffering.

        Loading editor
    • I killed him. I am 100% Loyal to the Empire but dat no Talos worship... I will be the... NEW EPRAH And I will kill dat thalmors.

        Loading editor
    • 178.167.187.236 wrote:

      I Didn't, the guy's in the Tavern did after I shot him with a fury potion, just paid the fine:)


        Loading editor
    • Of course, he is a traitor to the Emprie. But fear that his corrupt family will be the next oppressive rulers of Tamriel..

        Loading editor
    • I didn't, Titus didn't do a black sacrament so it would have dishonored Sithis and the Night Mother.

        Loading editor
    • The momment after I found out where the little brat hid the gold. WUUTHRAD!

        Loading editor
    • I did... Simply because Mede told me too... Like every late emperor he expected his death... Like old Uriel VII...

        Loading editor
    • Well i didn't kill him though, since if he hires me for even more jobs, it would be profitable. Motierre would be stupid if he even tried to betray me. As i can easily ruin his reputation in the Elder Council since you have evidence that he hired you to kill the emperor.

        Loading editor
    • i didn't kill him because I couldnt really be bothered to do so. although now that i think about it I mite actually kill him next time I visit Whiterun as I felt a bit bad about killing the emperor.

        Loading editor
    • I Killed him, firstly he is a loose end, second i dont like him, third just because i'm just that kind of assassin, i doubled my money i walked away laughing all the way to delvin to rebuild the dawnstar sancturary. Another reason i killed hims was the job i began in Oblivion with his ancestor  needed to be completed properly this time around.

        Loading editor
    • As an Imperial Legate (moonlighting as a Dark Brother) I was honour-bound to obey the orders of my Emperor, and so I killed Motierre.

      ...

      Not my fault the old coot didn't realise he could have ordered me not to kill him.

        Loading editor
    • I killed Amaund. Since the Emperor knew the Dark Brotherhood couldn´t be avoided, he embraced his fate. It seems only fair to complete his last wish.

        Loading editor
    • 112.198.82.159 wrote:
      Well i didn't kill him though, since if he hires me for even more jobs, it would be profitable. Motierre would be stupid if he even tried to betray me. As i can easily ruin his reputation in the Elder Council since you have evidence that he hired you to kill the emperor.


      That, plus you just gave him evidence that you're able to kill pretty much anyone, no matter how high up. What is he gonna do, become Emperor and hope to be well enough protected that you can't get to him? He is not that brave - or stupid. Yeah, satisfied cutomer, not a loose end. He might even have influential friends in need of the brotherhood that he will surely recommend you to ;-)

        Loading editor
    • I did for two reasons:

      1: I figured that Titus Mede was gonna be some corrupt 36 year-old, not a nice old guy. I felt angry at Mottiere, so I honoured the Emporer's last wish.

      2: I am an empire soppurtor, I only killed the Emporor because I figured he was corrupt.

        Loading editor
    • Babathewoodelf
      Babathewoodelf removed this reply because:
      asdscasdsa
      02:48, September 30, 2013
      This reply has been removed
    • My Dovahkiin was a freakin' sociopath... and leapt at the sudden suggestion of honoring Mede's last request. Call me a softy for a geriatric.


      Anywho; yeah. Killed Motierre. Killed the crap out of him. Killed him so hard that Death threw me an ice cream party.

        Loading editor
    • VagabondAnarion wrote:
      My Dovahkiin was a freakin' sociopath... and leapt at the sudden suggestion of honoring Mede's last request. Call me a softy for a geriatric.


      Anywho; yeah. Killed Motierre. Killed the crap out of him. Killed him so hard that Death threw me an ice cream party.

      STAHP KUDOSING YOUR POSTS.

        Loading editor
    • I killed Motierre. He was a smug bastard who had ordered the death of the man he served. The loose end argument makes perfect sense to me: my character is an Imperial Legate, and I didn't want my reputation ruined in case this ever got out. And like someone said earlier, I expected the Emperor to be some corrupt kid, not a wise, almost kindly old man. Plus, he knew he couldn't take me in a fight, and he faced his inevitable death with dignity, and I respect that. How could I not honor his last request?

        Loading editor
    • In hindsight, and after reading the reasonings behind the others here, methinks maybe I shouldn't have had my Imperial slay Motierre...I RP'ed her as the kinda douche who'd join the Legion but kill her own Emperor for money. A second of mercy on the behalf of the old man was Out of Character I guess, but it's hard to deny his last wishes, like the other folks have said. I guess I thought I liked the idea of mindlessly killing one more victim better.

      It was awesome how it happened, though. In the back room of the Bannered Mare, my character approached the man and talked to him for the reward, and turned around. Idolaf Battle-Born was walking into the room at the time, but I swear he just took one look at her and turned around, closing the door. He knew what was gonna happen, even if I did do it stealthily...

        Loading editor
    • I killed him.

      The fact that a member of the Elder Council would even consider betraying his own Empire, one that desperately needs his help, and all the help it can get, just to further his own damnable goals...!

      He couldn't realize that killing Titus would weaken the Empire further, and could make it even easier for the Thalmor to annihalate the Empire!

      I didn't want to, but I had to. It was the only way to bring respect, fear, and cash into my Brotherhood. I will live and die for the Unholy Matron...!!!

        Loading editor
    • Count Creeper373 wrote:
      I will live and die for the Unholy Matron...!!!

      Then you are a fool. For the Unholy Matron has done nothing for you.

        Loading editor
    • The Unholy Matron has brought guidance, purpose.

      I was lost, wandering aimlessly in a misty haze of disgust and loathing. But now, I am whole, and I once again know purpose!

      You can find purpose, too! All you lost souls, wandering, with nothing to live for!

      Simply kill your neighbor or perform the Black Sacrament, and a Dark Brotherhood representative should find their way to you, so you, too can redeem yourself!

      Call 1-800-666-KILLA for your free information pamphlet!

        Loading editor
    • M'aiq believes the Unholy Matron has made you, (Excuse my language)... her bitch. You are her slave. You are the mindless slave of Sithis. You blindly follow orders without taking responsiblity. The pay is mere peanuts, and... like many others before you, you blindly follow a path to your own demise. You are the Assassin, but... in time, M'aiq believes that you will come to know the feeling, of the hunted.

      M'aiq also ring the 1-800-666-KILLA. All he recieved was "Sorry, the person you have dialed is not available. Please try again later".

        Loading editor
    • I only joined the Brotherhood for the profit of gold & power. I could have easily destroyed the Brotherhood, but that would be a waste, as my character profits more as an assassin rather than a thief.

      It's strictly business.

        Loading editor
    • I killed Motierre with the ebony blade, dead thralled him, took him back home, rekilled him and rethralled him 10 times with the EB and charged it to max. Then I stuck the blade in the chest and never touched it again. I still dead thrall his corpse so I can kill him. Motierre should die, he carries too much cash with him and I want his gems! This little man has opened the doors to darkness (kudos to those who get the reference) and so he shall face it! He also is more valuable dead than alive. (I killed him 10 times cause I dun like his methods and stuff. I used the EB to conveniently charge it, not because I purposely wanted to charge it. If he wanted to kill the emperor, stage a bloody coup, take the throne like a man. The fact that he needs such a professional assassin proves he has no guts to be a king or advise one.)

        Loading editor
    • 202.156.8.15 wrote:
      I killed Motierre with the ebony blade, dead thralled him, took him back home, rekilled him and rethralled him 10 times with the EB and charged it to max. Then I stuck the blade in the chest and never touched it again. I still dead thrall his corpse so I can kill him. Motierre should die, he carries too much cash with him and I want his gems! This little man has opened the doors to darkness (kudos to those who get the reference) and so he shall face it! He also is more valuable dead than alive. (I killed him 10 times cause I dun like his methods and stuff. I used the EB to conveniently charge it, not because I purposely wanted to charge it. If he wanted to kill the emperor, stage a bloody coup, take the throne like a man. The fact that he needs such a professional assassin proves he has no guts to be a king or advise one.)

      "You have opened the door to darkness, little man." - The Dragonborn, to Motierre

        Loading editor
    • Alduin1996
      Alduin1996 removed this reply because:
      Off topic
      09:57, November 4, 2013
      This reply has been removed
    • Count Creeper373 wrote: I'm noticing a distinct lack of kudos on Humble's comment

      I'm noticing a distinct lack of reasons to give it a kudos.

        Loading editor
    • HumbleDaedricServant wrote:
      202.156.8.15 wrote:
      This little man has opened the doors to darkness (kudos to those who get the reference)
      "You have opened the door to darkness, little man." - The Dragonborn, to Motierre

      Boom

        Loading editor
    • Alduin1996
      Alduin1996 removed this reply because:
      Off topic and language
      09:57, November 4, 2013
      This reply has been removed
    • Alduin1996
      Alduin1996 removed this reply because:
      Off topic
      09:56, November 4, 2013
      This reply has been removed
    • Back on topic please

        Loading editor
    • Terribly sorry. In any event Black Marsh would be a fantastic location for TES6

        Loading editor
    • Count Creeper373 wrote:
      Terribly sorry. In any event Black Marsh would be a fantastic location for TES6

      Back on topic.

        Loading editor
    • god damn it, i thought this was a different thread

      don't mind me

      I'll just be off doing the Black Sacrament on myself

      Hiding my shame

        Loading editor
    • I kill him everytime. I thought, killed an Emperor who was pretty nice, didn't have any grudges against me even though I was about to take his life. Motierre annoyed me and was power hungry, sure I took the job, but no way was I letting him live, knowing my identity, knowing my base of operations, and him having hired an assassin to do his dirty work.

        Loading editor
    • For those of you who killed Motierre, how many killed his equally in-the-know bodygaurd?  Some of these detailed explanations...  doubt many actually cleaned up the whole mess in a logical fashion.

      Anyways, I didn't even know the emporer asked for the favor until I meandered thru a 3rd play thru of the DB arc.  Gameplay takes so long on the console, esp with save/load times, there's usually an arrow sprouting from Titus' neck 0.5 seconds after entering the room. 

        Loading editor
    • I killed him, but not out of a sense of malice or duty. Simply to honor the last request of a condemned man. Such things should always be noted.

        Loading editor
    • I did, because the emperor actually seemed like a really cool, humble guy. I remember he also had some cool stuff on him.

        Loading editor
    • I did on my first playthrough because the emperor was nice. But I didn't with my "mean" character because it was just so evil to deny his last wish (and well... she is evil.) Plus, bad for buisness. Having a friend in high places would be very profitable.

        Loading editor
    • But of course I did. Loose ends and all that.

        Loading editor
    • I'm a paragon player on certain games Skyrim , Mass Effect franchise so i killed the Dark Brotherhood but if i did the questline i would of killed that traitorous bastardo , long live the Empire

        Loading editor
    • I did. I didn't join the Dark Brotherhood to worship Sithis or devote myself to the Night Mother, these things happened according to plan, I killed the Emperor because duty commanded it, as leader of The Companions and Thieves Guild, I thought it would be prudent to join up with The Brotherhood, so I could possibly spread the influence of both it, and the other groups I am leader of so that word of me, the Last Dragonborn, and through that I was able to join up with The College of Winterhold to gain respect in the field of magic, The Dark Brotherhood brought me the fame and respect I already had, and then by tenfold my leadership of that group spread my influence. It was only a means to an end, and the Emperor deserved my respect, after all, he allowed me the right to kill him without any sort of fight. 

        Loading editor
    • I did , gotta tied up some loose end , you don't want anyone to come after you and it will increase you reputation, I arrange that he and his body guard feel "asleep" forever in banned mare

        Loading editor
    • I may have said this before, but I killed motierre. Loose ends are extremely dangerous if left alone.

        Loading editor
    • Of course i took care of him, loose ends and all that...

        Loading editor
    • I play Skyrim this time by making a decision that fitting my role , i play as high elves who escape with stromclock general, I make thalmor kinda hate me , join Dawn guard and all but this is a grand plan to make high elves rise higher! I join DBH in order to gain fame , money , influence ,information, and also dark mother blessing , I become Arch Mage , i plan to kill Ancano anyway , i don't like thalmore because of their tyranic rule , i think killing empire and his general will throw empire into disaray and to eliminate possible thalmor sympathiser , loose end , or warmonger emperor , i kill Amund and his body guard undetected , i even dump Maro's body in the sea lol      

        Loading editor
    • 98.246.245.7 wrote: For those of you who killed Motierre, how many killed his equally in-the-know bodygaurd?  Some of these detailed explanations...  doubt many actually cleaned up the whole mess in a logical fashion.

      Anyways, I didn't even know the emporer asked for the favor until I meandered thru a 3rd play thru of the DB arc.  Gameplay takes so long on the console, esp with save/load times, there's usually an arrow sprouting from Titus' neck 0.5 seconds after entering the room. 

      I did, and I forgotvabout bodyguard. I retrned 2 kill him 2, but when he saw Mottiefe he ran and lived in seclusion in Volunruud. I eventually found him while searching for a word of power there, and chopped him on the pressure point. And killed Mottiefe by making sure the door was closed, standing on a desk behind him and chopping him in the back.

      -The Z Boss

        Loading editor
    • Jett Cyber wrote:
      I did for two reasons:

      1: I figured that Titus Mede was gonna be some corrupt 36 year-old, not a nice old guy. I felt angry at Mottiere, so I honoured the Emporer's last wish.

      2: I am an empire soppurtor, I only killed the Emporor because I figured he was corrupt.

      1 thing I know about you, you are terrible at math. If you do the math( he was crowned in 4e 168 and he wood hAve 2 b at least 20) then you can see he would be at least 53, so I can't see y you thought he was a 36 year-old.

      -The Z Boss

        Loading editor
    • Honestly, I did'nt know when he was crowned. I like lore, but I did not know that.

        Loading editor
    • Who really has time to pour over lore of some guy we have to kill for the questline anyway, when killing him takes, what, half an hour? An hour max?

        Loading editor
    • If you don't care for the lore, Incarnate Sable, you're screwing yourself out of truly experiencing the depth of the Elder Scrolls story.  You're just running around killing stuff, aren't you?  Hey!  Get that axe away from me!

      I killed Motierre.  I honor my victims' last wishes, lest I become savage.  Motierre was already getting his fulfilled...  so to finish, I fulfilled the Emperor's.

        Loading editor
    • I killed Motierre, to tie up loose ends, and because I can't stand the man.

        Loading editor
    • Alpharos
      Alpharos removed this reply because:
      Not related to current topic.
      20:19, December 29, 2013
      This reply has been removed
    • Jett Cyber wrote:
      Honestly, I did'nt know when he was crowned. I like lore, but I did not know that.

      I really hope you didn't think he was crowned afterthe great war.

      -The Z Boss

        Loading editor
    • 190.51.138.47 wrote:
      I killed him. I am 100% Loyal to the Empire but dat no Talos worship... I will be the... NEW EPRAH And I will kill dat thalmors.

      I like 2 make up wat happens 2 my charCters after the eve ts of the game, and I made up that my highelf is a leader of a rebellion agai st da talmor b4 the game and after, but was executed in 4e 241 by talmor, but his son conti ued his wotk and destroyed talmor.

      -The Z Boss

        Loading editor
    • I didn't feel bad when Astrid died, she was an asshole, she sent you to die, and caused her family to get wiped out. I wish I could have beaten her longer, to make her suffer for what she did. But sadly I couldn't.


      I also killed Motierre because it is obvious he wanted to become Emporer, and seeing as he ordered Titus's death, and the DB did it, he would probably fear us and try and finish us. So let's remove the loose end. The less people know about the DB whereabouts the better. Hell I would have moved to the Dawnstar sanctuary faster than what happened, seeing as Maro knew where the DB were for a while....Client be damned as well, he knew where we were sooo its easier to tie some loose ends. Hell he also has like 2k in gems so meh why not?

        Loading editor
    • While an assassin, i am also a member of the legion.  I killed my target for gold and to avenge the outlawing of Talos, and the killed the traitor who paid me for it.

        Loading editor
    • At first, I wasn't going to kill him... then I saw the loot he had on him and Killed him... plus, he's really annoying... an Titus Mede II was actually a pretty cool emperor

        Loading editor
    • Pickleseller wrote:
      178.249.122.24 wrote:
      I too only felt bad for killing Narfi. He was just so poor and defenseless. wonder who wanted him dead anyway...
      It was probably Wilhelm, to end Narfi's suffering.

      I think it was Klimmek. B4 I did the mission, he wood stand at the edge of the river and gaze at Narfi's dwelling, probabky feling sorry 4 him. After I did the mission, he stopped doing it.

      -The Z Boss

        Loading editor
    • As the Emperor didn't perform the black sacrament, I didn't honor his request. Long live Emperor Amaund Motierre.

        Loading editor
    • Yes, and his bodyguard!! I just did not like him at all and the 'loose-ends' thin is a fair point. But mainly I killed him as my (roleplaying) character is a General Talos/Tiber Septim parallel that is, Dragonborn, highly placed in the Imperial Army, reunited Skyrim, and killed an aging Emperor to take his place and re-form the Empire, defeating the Thalmor. Motierre and the Dark Brotherhood was just the means to achieve this and killing him was always going to happen...

        Loading editor
    • If Brotherhood would take contracts from their victims to kill those who ordered them, it would be twice money and twice the killing. Not sure if it fits Brotherhood spirit. Worst part emperor does when asking to kill Amaund is the fact he does not pay you. He doesn't even know the name. Technically, I don't see black sacrament as necessary ritual, just the most reliable way to get Brotherhood to know. If he can say that to the assassin in person, it is good enough. Even if he will be killed in few seconds. Besides, I don't like Amaund much, so I could ignore the paying part, or cut it to very low amount.

      If I were doing that contract, I would offer emperor a little game. He tries to guess who ordered him; and if he guesses right, I kill both of them. If not, I kill just the Emperor.

        Loading editor
    • 213.141.140.160 wrote:
      If Brotherhood would take contracts from their victims to kill those who ordered them, it would be twice money and twice the killing. 


      The problem with this is that the brotherhood lives on reputation, if it became custom to kill the people who hired you, they wouldnt go to you

      Technically, I don't see black sacrament as necessary ritual, just the most reliable way to get Brotherhood to know.

      It is necessary, as that is how they where found by the night mother. Without her, they had trouble finding contracts. Astrid even admitted to this. With the night mother, they could get contracts from other parts of the world.

      On top of this, it showed commitment, as the sacrament was illegal and taboo everywhere. By preforming the sacrament, you are showing that you do want somebody dead, and are not just spreading rumors of wanting the Brotherhood only to be a trap, or back out when they arrive.

        Loading editor
    • Killed him becaus i felt bad not fulfilling the emperor's dying wish.

      I had him killed once by using frenzy on Rexus and i hate Motierre, that is the one customer i will kil in my entire life

        Loading editor
    • As I am only bound to the Night Mother's calls and my duties as a member of the Dark Brotherhood, I did not care at all about the Emperor's dying wish. However, when I went back to Motierre, he ended up his speech about my mission's success by saying he was glad about not having to deal with people like me anymore, in a tone full of despise and self-righteousness. This brought back a bit of humanity, and a lot of anger in me: I had done him a great service, and the mission had almost torn the Family to pieces. Before that, although I had to obey his bidding due to the Night Mother's call, I couldn't help feeling despise towards this cowardly and vain politician that betrayed his oath to the Emperor. So, driven by anger, not caring about the ability to manipulate Motierre later (I am an assassin and a servant to the Night Mother, not a thief or a gold-driven bounty hunter), I killed him on the spot without the least bit of remorse

        Loading editor
    • I did because Goddamnit. The Emperor was just so damn nice and Accepting of his fate and that is rare. I would have felt terrible not killing him after the emperor was just so ready to meet his fate and so polite. also I needed another charge for my Ebony Blade and this was the perfect chance.

        Loading editor
    • Damned straight I did. It felt only right to honor the Emperor's final wish, and there was no way in Oblivion I was going to let Motierre live anyway. Cowardly, self-serving scum like him have no place in Skyrim or the Empire, he was profoundly ungrateful to us considering all that we suffered and sacrificed to accomplish it -- and really, the guy was far too dangerous a loose end to be left untied, knowing what he did about the Dark Brotherhood and its role in the Emperor's murder.

        Loading editor
    • i killed him because titus was nice, but maily, cuz why not... etherial arrow to the skull

        Loading editor
    • I killed him because one of my characters, a pragmatic, practical, and often ruthless Breton assassin named Amon is a Petyr Baelish-like opprotunist.

        Loading editor
    • I went with a True Nord playthrough this time, figuring killing the Emperor AND a member of the High Council would go nicely with my quest to annihilate the Imperials. So, I did them both in.

        Loading editor
    • WhoeverReadThis wrote:
      i killed him because titus was nice, but maily, cuz why not... etherial arrow to the skull

      Adjective: ethereal - characterized by lightness and insubstantiality; as impalpable or intangible as air

      An ethereal arrow would be equivalent to having someone use a handheld fan at your head

        Loading editor
    • but with less pain and blood involved

        Loading editor
    • Count Creeper373 wrote:
      WhoeverReadThis wrote:
      i killed him because titus was nice, but maily, cuz why not... etherial arrow to the skull
      Adjective: ethereal - characterized by lightness and insubstantiality; as impalpable or intangible as air

      An ethereal arrow would be equivalent to having someone use a handheld fan at your head

      bound bow, dude. it says right here in the wiki: "When cast, it equips an ethereal version of the Daedric Bow and 100 ethereal Daedric Arrows [...]"

        Loading editor
    • I stand corrected.

      Sorry about that, its just that I never really use bound weapons

        Loading editor
    • Count Creeper373 wrote:
      I stand corrected.

      Sorry about that, its just that I never really use bound weapons

      you should use'm, they save me a lot of gold in arrows :D. they're also very handy in some quest that take away weapons and stuff

        Loading editor
    • to be perfectly honest, I never end up using magic that much :/

      I really should though..... I'd save me a fortune in potions.

      Also, yeah, that is a valid point. Arrows cost money.

        Loading editor
    • Back on topic, please.

        Loading editor
    • Of course I killed him. The Emperor accepted his fate like a man, and who was I to refuse the dying wish of the Emperor? After Motierre told me where my payment was, I sent him to the Void for his treachery.

        Loading editor
    • I always kill Motierre when he finally reveals the payment.

      It's because he has discovered my true identity and he proves to be a dangerous loose end.

        Loading editor
    • I let Montierre live.  If the assassination is to remove an Emperor that is too kind to fight against the Dominion, I can only hope Montierre has a much better canidate for the job; if not himself.   Killing Montierre would leave us without Emperor for longer, somthing only the Dominion can win from.

        Loading editor
    • Let him live. In fact, throughout the whole Dark Brotherhood questline I didn't kill anyone but my targets, even if it meant having to squeeze past a lot of guards. Just sneaked past, killed without being seen, and left unseen.


      Now, the reason behind this course of action is contracts. The Dark Brotherhood lives through contracts, which is a really... unstable way of sustaining themselves, since human lives aren't unlimited. If I were to kill people I wasn't paid to kill, I would be throwing away the chance of getting paid to kill those people in a future. Same applies to Motierre. He was a hateful bastard and with his attitude he would be really susceptible to driving people to ask for a contract against him. So why not just wait for that to happen and get a large sum of money for doing so?


      BTW, to those who say Motierre has revealed their true identity... how so? You never say your name to him, do you? Just use the goddamn Shrouded Cowl and your identity should be protected just fine.

        Loading editor
    • Let him live at someone got what they wanted through out and my character had finally found a family she lost, she was even in love with veezara. Her sister (not blood sister) was even crueler than her and she still felt the need to let there have been a reason for all the deaths. Let Mottiere do what he wants.

        Loading editor
    • Rambard wrote:
      Let him live. In fact, throughout the whole Dark Brotherhood questline I didn't kill anyone but my targets, even if it meant having to squeeze past a lot of guards. Just sneaked past, killed without being seen, and left unseen.


      Now, the reason behind this course of action is contracts. The Dark Brotherhood lives through contracts, which is a really... unstable way of sustaining themselves, since human lives aren't unlimited. If I were to kill people I wasn't paid to kill, I would be throwing away the chance of getting paid to kill those people in a future. Same applies to Motierre. He was a hateful bastard and with his attitude he would be really susceptible to driving people to ask for a contract against him. So why not just wait for that to happen and get a large sum of money for doing so?


      BTW, to those who say Motierre has revealed their true identity... how so? You never say your name to him, do you? Just use the goddamn Shrouded Cowl and your identity should be protected just fine.

      Hah, I forgot about the cowl.  Thank you for the back-up Rambard

      I do often kill guards, espescially PO agents, when on my tasks.  My Dragonborn does not sneak very well, and Lydia..  Well, let's just say she's got some bells on her shoes.

        Loading editor
    • i did....to get some free shit and the money he gives me

        Loading editor
    • Spidermanfromthe60s wrote:
      i did....to get some free shit and the money he gives me


      You get the money from him either way, you know.

        Loading editor
    • i know..but i like being a troll too

        Loading editor
    • Spidermanfromthe60s wrote:
      i know..but i like being a troll too


      Oh, you're no troll compared to the literal Nazi sympathizers on the thread "screw the blades."  I've finally given up on them.

        Loading editor
    • if more people die it means more food for me that why i kill even if it my contracter well after knowing where the money is 

        Loading editor
    • Killed him for his gems. He carries like 2000 bucks worth of jewels!

        Loading editor
    • yeah think of the money!

        Loading editor
    • Krow Dawnstar wrote:
      Spidermanfromthe60s wrote:
      i know..but i like being a troll too

      Oh, you're no troll compared to the literal Nazi sympathizers on the thread "screw the blades."  I've finally given up on them.

      what if i told you......IM A SPY!!!!!

        Loading editor
    • 218.186.252.104 wrote:
      Killed him for his gems. He carries like 2000 bucks worth of jewels!

      Ok, and the Night Mother gives you contracts worth 1000 gold each.

        Loading editor
    • I still don't understand people saying "Loose ends". It's like they got addicted to that excuse to murder innocent people without a contract on their heads, just because that reason was used in the Dark Brotherhood questline.


      Other reasons, like for example religious views on the Black Sacrament and contacting the Dark Brotherhood, and Sithis, and stuff like that? Yes, that can be accepted. But loose ends? Seriously, even the goddamn guards go like "I know who you are, HAIL SITHIS!" and no one gives two damns. And Astrid didn't have any problem in letting us all know her name whenever she sent a Dark Brotherhood assassin after our hide. Identity isn't that much of a problem, and if it is you can just use the Shrouded Cowl, that's what it's there for in the end.


      So in short, you say loose ends? I say you just want an excuse because you got addicted to murdering people.

        Loading editor
    • Rambard wrote:
      I still don't understand people saying "Loose ends". It's like they got addicted to that excuse to murder innocent people without a contract on their heads, just because that reason was used in the Dark Brotherhood questline.


      Other reasons, like for example religious views on the Black Sacrament and contacting the Dark Brotherhood, and Sithis, and stuff like that? Yes, that can be accepted. But loose ends? Seriously, even the goddamn guards go like "I know who you are, HAIL SITHIS!" and no one gives two damns. And Astrid didn't have any problem in letting us all know her name whenever she sent a Dark Brotherhood assassin after our hide. Identity isn't that much of a problem, and if it is you can just use the Shrouded Cowl, that's what it's there for in the end.


      So in short, you say loose ends? I say you just want an excuse because you got addicted to murdering people.

      Yeah, we've pointed out all of these reasons, they keep falling to "loose ends."

        Loading editor
    • I didn't since my Dragonborn is intending to usher into a new era with a new dragonborn-dynasty. But to do this, he first needs to become the emperor, to become the empreror, he would need someone with influence and money and status etc. to support him, since power alone won't win over hearts.

        Loading editor
    • Titus Mede II is a pretty nice guy. He may be old and frail when we kill him, but 50 years before the events of Skyrim, the man was a badass who personally led the Imperial Legion to victory in the Battle of the Red Ring, but it really depends on the character. My wood elf doesn't care about any of that, but my Imperial Legate turned Assassin does, and he fulfills his Emperor's last wish (All part of the plan to restore the Dragonborn Emperor to his throne; Motierre is one less powerful player to deal with later).

        Loading editor
    • I did because I would like to kill an Emporer and a Elder Council member in one day

        Loading editor
    • I didn't because if he could put together such a complicated plan to assassinate the Emperor then he'd probably do a better job running the empire than Titus the gutless ever did. 

        Loading editor
    • I killed him because I like killing people because I don't think anyone should be alive except for me.

        Loading editor
    • I also killed him. No reason to keep him alive after getting my money.

      The Emperor asking me to Motierre was just the excuse needed for me to justify the kill.

        Loading editor
    • I watched Motierre become consumed by stress. The kind of stress you could only release by getting a blade through the chest.

        Loading editor
    • I killed him because killing is fun!

        Loading editor
    • I killed him because I wanted to.

      No loose ends, no money, no motive.

      And besides the nice man with the cool boat asked me to.

        Loading editor
    • I killed him, because if there is one thing I dislike more than cowards, it's traitors.

      Also because there is no point in his life once he has handed over that money, fate decided that it was his time to die... And because he had a few valuable gems.

        Loading editor
    • Well y'know loose ends and all that *whistles*

        Loading editor
    • My Dunmer was a Stormcloak spy in the Legion. When I did the Dark Brotherhood quest line, Titus won My Dunmer's honor. So I killed Motierre out of honor and not cruelty.

        Loading editor
    • Why can't I left the Emperor alive? Pfff... after killing him, bye bye Amaund Montierre.

        Loading editor
    • I've already posted on this thread (I'll leave you guys to imagine which anon was me) but I'll say it again because why not.

      As a strong-willed Imperial enthusiast, I was already pretty upset at the quest wanting me to kill Titus, and, after speaking to him and realize he has no fear of facing what comes next, I stormed out of the Katariah and into Whiterun like someone wanting to divide by zero. Amaund got his handed down to the gods.

        Loading editor
    • I killed him, simply because whatever he was planning must not have been good. And if he is gone then that plan will likely have a harder time coming to fruition.

        Loading editor
    • I killed him, no remorse whatsoever. A dying man's final wish is sacred to me. Heck, even if someone on their deathbed requested that I cut off my left big toe, I would seriously concider it.

        Loading editor
    • I did for the few messups the Emporor made during his reign he wad still a decent emporer and man and deserved to have a final wish, and Motierre was a snake who betrayed his empiror as his close council adviser, he deserved death.

        Loading editor
    • Let him live.

      Save a Breton, Kill a Nord.

        Loading editor
    • I didn't kill him. Leaving him alive provides much more opportunities for the brotherhood as opposed to killing him just to honor an old man. He never saw my face, so he could not betray me. If he says that the brotherhood killed the Emperor, that'd more of a service than betrayal, as it would improve the standing of the brotherhood greatly.

      1. Mede did not perform the black sacrament. Astrid's abandonment of the tenents brought the wrath of Sithis upon the brotherhood, I'm sure as hell not doing anything that could displease Sithis.

      2. Leaving Motierre alive invokes political infighting in the Empire. The fight over the throne will surely bring lots of high paying jobs, which are essential to rebuild the brotherhood outside of Skyrim.

      3. Providing statisfactory results without doublecrossing will raise the demand of the brotherhood amongst nobles to assassinate political rivals.

      4. The death of an Elder Councillor after the assassination of the Emperor would be noted. Rumor would be that he payed the hit but was doublecrossed by the Brotherhood, which is bad for business. Also, if the masses have no scapegoat then the fear of the brotherhood will be that much greater.

        Loading editor
    • I did not kill him, he was a contracted customer and to double cross him would instill bad reputation with the more "noble class" of clients. Also to have someone in the elder council who you have blackmail material for is an oppotunity waiting to happen.

      I am leader of the Thieves Guild and just joined Vampire in Dawnguard for this reason, to control Skyrim. With the Dark Brotherhood and Thieves Guild I know of any dealings concerning black market etc within my Bordors and the Vampires give me further control and a more persasive way of protecting my interests. (Also immortal dragonborn seems like a brilliant deal).

      The only thing left is to get rid of Ulfric Stormcloak and strengthen up the Empire, once the Aldmeri Dominion is defeated and the Empire once again controls all of Tamrial, I will extend my influence until the Emperor answers to me (no point being Emperor as harder to conceal secrets).

        Loading editor
    • I didnt kill him, for one reason only. The emperor wished that I kill him. Yes, these were the old mans last words, but he was the empires leader. I would rather die than help the empires leader.


      The fight for skyrim will end the day the empire admits defeat against the mighty Ulfric Stormcloak,

      and this assasination only increased the empire's fear

        Loading editor
    • 95.148.244.184 wrote: I did, simply because it felt wrong to disobey the Emperor's final wish. I felt so bad killing him, he was a nice guy. I had no pity for Motierre.

      Agreed to the nth degree. Titus may have been incompetent, but he actually had the balls to accept death with dignity. How was I supposed to not kill the weasel after that?!

        Loading editor
    • I killed him. I took it as a last contract, and the loot in his chamber was payment.

        Loading editor
    • I didn't. Killing customers? That's bad for buisness. Especially after all the hell the Brotherhood just went through. Besides, who says this is the final contract from him? Who knows, there's always room for the cut-throat kinda buisness in politics.

        Loading editor
    • i killed morteir or whatever his name is because i respect the people who i kill, and i will fullfill their last wish as long as it is a reasonable request

        Loading editor
    • MrUPSman138 wrote:
      I didn't. Killing customers? That's bad for buisness. Especially after all the hell the Brotherhood just went through. Besides, who says this is the final contract from him? Who knows, there's always room for the cut-throat kinda buisness in politics.

      Well to be true the Emperor assigned you to kill Motierre but you killed hem before he could pay you. It's just how you vieuw it ;) Killing Motierre not is not fulfilling the Emperor's contract.

        Loading editor
    • I didn't because I disliked the emperor scene, it was ridiculously hollywoodesk; besides I'm here on a assassinat mission not a "last speach" mission. So I shooted him in the first run. Contract completed. It would have been more credible if berthesda implemented a "bleeding phase scene" of the emperor (like the one of cicero in dawnstar sanctuary) where he ask you to fulfill a last wish.

        Loading editor
    • 41.140.124.106 wrote:

      it was ridiculously hollywoodesk

      If we killed anyone who was hollywoodesk, everybody would be dead.

        Loading editor
    • DaedraBorn101 wrote:

      41.140.124.106 wrote:

      it was ridiculously hollywoodesk

      If we killed anyone who was hollywoodesk, everybody would be dead.

      Lolza

        Loading editor
    • Ithink motierre is cute and everyone who killed him is a heartless bich

        Loading editor
    • Then im an Heartless female dog....that enjoyed it

        Loading editor
    • This question reminds me of that related to killing/sparing Cicero.

      I killed him, not only to fullfill the Emperor's last wish, but also because I'm a loyal Imperial Legate and a Blade, and even under the shadow of Sithis I must serve the Empire.

      Some say that Motierre helped us to rebuild the Dark Brotherhood 'cause he's a rich guy, he helped us and he may help us in the future (paraphrasing Isran, he's an asset, a resource). We players can be the richest people in whole Skyrim and even Tamriel. We have the Thieves Guild, the Companions, we kill dragons (and loot them) and with the Wabbajack we can turn useless things into fountains of money, and don't forget that we can craft weapons & armors, mix potions, enchant stuff and sell those things and we can make profit of everything Skyrim has to offer. Who else in whole Mundus has an insane wealth of +1000K gold, enough to rebuild the Brotherhood 10 times and without the need of Motierre's "donation"??? C'mon, we are not Brenuins begging "spare a coin for a poor and ruined Dark Brotherhood"

      Don't forget that Sithis welcomes more souls to devour, and saddly our fate is... kill all characters not marked as essential XD.

      Anyway, wheter your decission is to kill/spare him, just enjoy the game and your roleplay :)

        Loading editor
    • If the Emperor did Sacrament before I found him, I would gladly kill Motierre, but he didn´t.. And I don´t listen to my victims. Yeah, Emperor was great target, I respect him, but it´s dumb take emotions to your job.

        Loading editor
    • On my first time playing the game and doing the DBH questline i did kill Motierre for the RP standpoint of being a killer. But looking back that probably made no sense  seeing how you killed the client and the target lol

        Loading editor
    • I always thought Motierre asked me to kill Titus just to become Emperor (Amaund is from the Elder Council). I don't know what you think, but i don't want to see Amaund Motierre rulling Tamriel, so I kill him.

      Also, much respect Titus Mede II because in his youth was a heroic warrior (Red Ring Battle, for example) and his last wish fulfilled.    

      Amaund Motierre was a traitor and his deserve to die

        Loading editor
    • I did. Killed him because my Dragonborn is one day going to rule the Empire and I don't need anyone to have blackmail material on me later on. 

        Loading editor
    • I killed him.

      This contract was a gigantic, bloody mess.  Killed a bride on her wedding day.  Killed the son of a proud father.  Killed a chef who brought happiness to thousands.  Keep in mind nobody performed the Black Sacrement for any of them, but we killed them anyway.  Then, of course, the near destruction of the last remaining Dark Brotherhood branch in Skyrim.

      Killing Motierre just felt right to me.  Like closing a loop.  It was like cleaning up a mess.  He had to die to bring closure to this epic, tragic storyline for me.

        Loading editor
    • I killed him because I am evil and enjoy stabbing people in the face

        Loading editor
    • I let him live.  The Emperoro did not conduct the Black Sacrement so I could not kill him as a member of the Dark Brotherhood.  I could have done it independently, but I need the word of the Dark Brotherhoods success and return to be spread.  I feel that the death of Titus Meade II will benefit the Empire as he has been made a martyr to the people of Cyrodil and his death will be a unifying factor in ending the Civil War in Skyrim and restoring the Empire and this will lead to the return of Talos worship.

        Loading editor
    • I killed him. First off, a treacherous bastard like him shouldn't be in the Elder Council. If there is any chance Motierre can rise to power, I wanted to prevent that.

      Second, the Emperor didn't fight me or run for his life. He realized he had to die, and accepted it with dignity. He acknowledged I was only doing my job, and he treated me like a normal human (or khajiit) being. And you know what, I respect him and his request to kill Motierre.

        Loading editor
    • I chose not to kill Motierre as it would be unprofessional and could bear negative consequances for the guild if a word gets out that DB kills their own customers. The only thing that would have changed my mind is a sufficient reward for doing it, which there is none.

        Loading editor
    • I didnt kill him for two very good reasons:

      1. I was not getting payed for the job and 

      2. Titus did not preform the black sacrament to the night mother, who did not issue a contract to me her Listener.

        Loading editor
    • I killed him, thralled him, and killed him again. Mede was my contract with the Brotherhood, Motierre was a personal contract between myself and Mede. From a lore standpoint, the Brotherhood slaying their own customers.. really wouldn't hurt business. The Brotherhood is a necessity. Offing paying customers won't hurt business in the least when the Brotherhood and likewise Morag Tong are the only ones around to satiate that consumer hunger. They kill whoever they feel like killing, contracts are just business and sacrifices to Sithis. Also, my character does not bow before the Empire, or any man or deity, only those that would bow before him and deserve such respects. He felt that honouring Mede's dying wish, especiallly coming from a man of honour not afraid of death, was the only honourable thing to do. Motierre was a wretched, conceited bastard and likely would've had a contract on him eventually anyway.

        Loading editor
    • I killed him because:

      1- As an empire supporter he was a traitor and would be a weak leader

      2- He would cause trouble for the dark brotherhood cause he don't want the same fate as titus mede

        Loading editor
    • I killed him and his bodyguard. Not because of the gems, I just pickpocketed them from him to practice my Pickpocket skill. But there is no reason to not kill him. If you let him live, he will just vanish from the game and never be seen again. Might as well fulfill a dying mans last request.

        Loading editor
    • I didn't.

      If someone performs the Black Sacrament and asks for his death, then I'd do it, but because a target asked me to? That'd be terrible for business, no one would hire the Brotherhood if they knew they'd kill the employer just because the target asked nicely. 

      Might be an assassin, but we have to have some standards!

        Loading editor
    • I did. I'm not just an assassin, my life isn't defined by my job. As soon as I got paid, my obligation to my former client ended and I decided to be a relatively decent human being and fulfill the emperors last wish.

        Loading editor
    • Hi did because he seems rich and had good loot

        Loading editor
    • I killed him because he was the reason my family was destroyed. If he didn't perform the Black Sacrament, the Sancturay wouldn't have been attacked and everyone would still be alive.

      He should actually be grateful for dying in a prodigious way. Being repeatedly stabbed in the face with the Blade of Woe after being ragdolled through the room by Unrelenting Force and then have his corpse dragged into the common room fireplace and turn into a humon pincushion made of daedric arrows is metal as ****. Half the Nords in Sovengard would be jealous.

        Loading editor
    • I killed him because the Emperor was so accepting, honestly between Paarthurnax and the Emperor I don't like that you can kill them, I kind of wished there was a third option for the Blades vs. Greybeards Questline where you could convince the Blades that Paarthurnax could be trusted and with the Emperor I wish you didn't have to kill him but instead have him go into hiding or something.

        Loading editor
    • You know that killing a client is bad for PR right? You do NOT want the reputation of being a crazy ass that kills his clients after being paid, nobody would hire you if you do have that rep.

        Loading editor
    • If someone performs the Black Sacrament and goes through the right steps to have Motierre killed (after I've completed the contract for him, of course), sure, I'll kill him. But because the guy he hired me to kill him asks me to kill him just to be nice? 

      "Hey, if someone hires the Brotherhood to kill you, just ask the assassin they send to kill the person who hired them! They'll do it, and free of charge to boot!"

      Yeah... no. If word of that got out nobody would hire the Brotherhood.

        Loading editor
    • Wenny0119 wrote:
      I did. because I think fufilling Titus Mede II's dying wish is better

      Yes, being hororable in game and in real life Even if there is diffrent reasons i found that it was better to honor him, also note that i was on the inperials (sorry) side in the war so i found it right to not let "some guy" get his rank because of killing him.

        Loading editor
    • Draevan13 wrote:
      If someone performs the Black Sacrament and goes through the right steps to have Motierre killed (after I've completed the contract for him, of course), sure, I'll kill him. But because the guy he hired me to kill him asks me to kill him just to be nice? 

      "Hey, if someone hires the Brotherhood to kill you, just ask the assassin they send to kill the person who hired them! They'll do it, and free of charge to boot!"

      Yeah... no. If word of that got out nobody would hire the Brotherhood.

      How exactly would word of that get out?  Are you going to blab the details to the masses?  Also, earlier post said something about people connecting the emperor and elder council member's deaths, and assuming that the elder council member had hired the hit on the emperor.  Why?  Wouldn't it be more reasonable to assume that some third party had ordered the hit on both of them?  After all, only the Brotherhood can say for sure if there was a contract on Motierre or not, and the Dragonborn is the Listener.  The Brotherhood would only know what we said went down.  Hell, it could even be spun as he refused to honor the contract.  Perfectly reasonable explanation for killing him.

      Also, just pointing out another issue.  My character wears the shrouded cowl with mask on hits, and the damn guards still know I killed assorted people, despite doing it clean.  My sneak has been legendary three times so far.  When I did the Brotherhood missions, I made sure I had it in the nineties before I started the mission, with all of the perks.  I had also finished the Guild quest first and took Agent of Stealth.  I've stood in front of people and pickpocketed them unseen.  There is literally no way for the game world to know I did the job, unless Nazir blabbed about who he assigned to the task.  Hell, I wear one of the dragon priest masks when not on hits, which covers my whole face, and I'm a Khajit, and people still comment on me being pale (when I was a vamp), or having furs coming out of my ears (when I was a werewolf).  They shouldn't be able to see either, but they still do.

      Sorry for wall of text.

      And yeah, I Killed the a-hole traitor and coward.  I just didn't like his character at all, and wanted to kill him from the moment I met him.  

        Loading editor
    • Maybe they wouldn't know immediately, but if people who hire the Brotherhood all start ending up dead, word will get out eventually.

      And for me it's also a matter of proinciple. No Black Sacrament or payment? No job.

        Loading editor
    • Draevan13 wrote:
      Maybe they wouldn't know immediately, but if people who hire the Brotherhood all start ending up dead, word will get out eventually...

      Pretty much exactly that, if your clients end up dying then sooner or later somebody's going to make the connection.

        Loading editor
    • Not to belabor the point, but the people that perform the black sacrament are not the nicest people in Tamriel.  It shouldn't come as a surprise to most people that someone might hire the Brotherhood to kill them, unless they have a squeaky clean facade they present to the world (like Palpatine did until he became Emperor, sorry new SW movie tomorrow).  Besides, I'm not just a mindless assassin.  I suppose that those of you that argue it wasn't paid for don't kill anyone else in all of skyrim beyond your contracts? No bandits or thieves, vampires, werewolves, daedra, demoras, or NPCs?  I highly doubt that.  No, killing him wasn't a Brotherhood task.  So what?

        Loading editor
    • 69.165.137.22 wrote:
      Not to belabor the point, but the people that perform the black sacrament are not the nicest people in Tamriel.  It shouldn't come as a surprise to most people that someone might hire the Brotherhood to kill them, unless they have a squeaky clean facade they present to the world (like Palpatine did until he became Emperor, sorry new SW movie tomorrow).  Besides, I'm not just a mindless assassin.  I suppose that those of you that argue it wasn't paid for don't kill anyone else in all of skyrim beyond your contracts? No bandits or thieves, vampires, werewolves, daedra, demoras, or NPCs?  I highly doubt that.  No, killing him wasn't a Brotherhood task.  So what?

      You want the Brotherhood to kill for you? Then you gotta follow the rules, Mede :P

      But as I've said, I'm not killing my employer at the behest of the victim, paid to or not. That's just poor form. If someone else hires me to do the deed, I'll do it without a second thought. But the victim? Nope. I like to think I have standards, I'm not a two-bit cutthroat.

        Loading editor
    • And that's your right and privilege.  Just like it was my right to kill him.  My Dragonborn isn't yours, and I wouldn't want to have yours.  No offense meant there.  The fun of Skyrim is that we all can make our own choices, to a point at least.  With the legendary skill tree, we can keep playing and leveling indefinitely.  Well, I'm sure there has to be a cap somewhere, but I haven't reached it yet.  We can all develop our Dovahkiin as we like, and give them the personality we want.  We can play it multiple times, because it is free-roaming, and we can choose which quests to complete and which to ignore or not start at all.

        Loading editor
    • I killed him mainly because when I finally do the Stormcloak questline I want the leader of my opponents (if he becomes the emperor) to be someone I can respect. And if he becomes the next emperor, and he doesn't want to lose Skyrim, he could very well just ask of the Brotherhood my or Ulfric's death. He's just potentially too powerful and untrustworthy. Seems risky to let him go. If I was nothing more than an assassin he'd live.

        Loading editor
    • With my first Dark Brotherhood character, I did. Felt better to grant the Emperor's last wish.

      With my last two Dark Brotherhood characters, no, I didn't. I wanted to see what sort of impact that would have, and if Motierre doesn't meet my expectations of what an Emperor should be, well, he'll be getting a visit from a certain jester.

        Loading editor
    • I think that Motierre is being used as a catspaw for someone else who wants to become Emperor. Either that or the Elder Council behind it to remove Titus for an Emperor more to their liking. Motierre just doesn't seem like the type to be the grand mastermind of this scheme.

        Loading editor
    • This moment of when i was asked, it reminded me of the truly bloodthirsty roleplay i did in oblivion, wholesale slaughter was essentially standard fair for me, going around and killing half a towns population and serving jail-time was in essence buisness as usual, i dont know why it reminded me of it, but it also made me think more accurately who i was in skyrim, what i wanted to represent in skyrim, for a whole week i had to decide if i really wanted to fulfill this favor, but after awhile i realized that doing so would be rather hypocritical of me, in skyrim i am for hire, i will do the job if i get paid, its why i didnt take a side in the war, since i didnt think i would get paid, its why i became a theif, because a job is a job and i would get paid, as much as i feel guilty for having to kill the emperor, he did not pay me, and i would not work for charity.


      ... And considering i roleplayed that to hell, literally spending an entire real hour choping wood cause i would get paid for it, i wasen't about to contradict my entire character, because that was the role i played, and it would be a diservice to myself to do it.

        Loading editor
    • I did. Just the emperor's dying wish. I granted it.

        Loading editor
    • I killed Motierre, since fulfilling an Old Man's wish is somewhat a respectfull path. Assassin my character may be but despite me being cold and ruthless, a tinge of humanity still remained so i decided to fullfill his dying words

      "Your will be done, your Majesty. And may Sovngarde and the divines  absolve you from your mistakes" -Dovahkiin, moments before killing him via. A stab in the front, (since a stab in the back is distateful). This is what my character (A Nord) would say moments before killing the emperor

      "But we.... had....... a deal......" -Motierre

      "That may be true, but i'm just honoring a final request....... From an Honorable man" -Dovahkiin, saying his final words to Motierre 

      I killed Motierre since my Assassin might be driven by Buisiness, Assassins have a sense of Honor as well in General. A true Assassin (to me of course) Is to hear the last words of his victim before giving the coup-de-grace, And Motierre said that he'll be doing no buisiness with them ever again after doing the deed meaning that he'll never use me and my orginization again for future purposes, and that he's an insufferable prick who led me to a trap with the Emperor's Security Group

        Loading editor
    • Which motierre? Amaund, I turned him into nothing but a pile of ash. His ancestor in Oblivion, I saved him, and I thought he was excellently written.

        Loading editor
    • Xxblack knightx wrote:

      A true Assassin (to me of course) Is to hear the last words of his victim before giving the coup-de-grace, And Motierre said that he'll be doing no buisiness with them ever again after doing the deed meaning that he'll never use me and my orginization again for future purposes, and that he's an insufferable prick who led me to a trap with the Emperor's Security Group

      Are you talking about the first attempt to murder the Emperor? Because if you do, it's Astrid who betrayed you. She's also the one to blame for the Emperor's Security welcoming you in Falkreath after that, burning almost all members of the DB and the sanctuary. 

      About killing Motierre or not, executing a dying man's last wish is tempting to me, as well as reversing the balance of power once again. Ordinary I think killing customers is bad for business but he indeed said that he don't want to don't to do business with us anymore. I always kill him yet I continue to hear banters about this new golden age for the DB, people being afraid of you because they know your in this faction and the news about the last murder by the DB spread. To me, it means it doesn't really matter. 

      I never liked him anyway.

        Loading editor
    • I killed him because he made me do all that stuff, then made me swim onto a ship, and kill everybody inside.

        Loading editor
    • 190.51.138.47 wrote:
      I killed him. I am 100% Loyal to the Empire but dat no Talos worship... I will be the... NEW EPRAH And I will kill dat thalmors.

      A: Spelling, B: I am in the stormcloak rebellion, and I decided to go with Ulfric, and my killing spree of imperials is for Ulfric to become High King, maybe even emperor. And of course, I will wipe out the thalmor with happiness.

        Loading editor
    • 112.198.82.159 wrote:
      Well i didn't kill him though, since if he hires me for even more jobs, it would be profitable. Motierre would be stupid if he even tried to betray me. As i can easily ruin his reputation in the Elder Council since you have evidence that he hired you to kill the emperor.


      Do you really think that it would be a good idea to tell some of the most powerful people in Tamriel that you were paid to kill their boss, even if you had proof that someone else planned it? I killed him, and i see him as a loose string. Yes i know some people consider that an excuse, but let's consider this scenario. We killed the emperor and left Motierre alive. Somebody in Dawnstar notices that people wearing dark brotherhood gear are around the area. Amaund hears this and decides it's time to get rid of everyone who knows that he planned the death of the emperor. So he comes with a large force captures you and everyone else, proclaims that you killed the Emperor (while leaving out the fact that he hired you to do it), chops your head (and every other members head) off, and is then procliamed as the hero who found the person that killed the emperor. I could see him doing this because it would have the double effect of cutting off loose strings and making him a hero (something that could get him enough acclaim to get on the council). I see it as "one of us is eventually going to kill the other so i'll go ahead and kill him now".

        Loading editor
    • Quick-Thief wrote:
      112.198.82.159 wrote:
      Well i didn't kill him though, since if he hires me for even more jobs, it would be profitable. Motierre would be stupid if he even tried to betray me. As i can easily ruin his reputation in the Elder Council since you have evidence that he hired you to kill the emperor.

      Do you really think that it would be a good idea to tell some of the most powerful people in Tamriel that you were paid to kill their boss, even if you had proof that someone else planned it? I killed him, and i see him as a loose string. Yes i know some people consider that an excuse, but let's consider this scenario. We killed the emperor and left Motierre alive. Somebody in Dawnstar notices that people wearing dark brotherhood gear are around the area. Amaund hears this and decides it's time to get rid of everyone who knows that he planned the death of the emperor. So he comes with a large force captures you and everyone else, proclaims that you killed the Emperor (while leaving out the fact that he hired you to do it), chops your head (and every other members head) off, and is then procliamed as the hero who found the person that killed the emperor. I could see him doing this because it would have the double effect of cutting off loose strings and making him a hero (something that could get him enough acclaim to get on the council). I see it as "one of us is eventually going to kill the other so i'll go ahead and kill him now".

      I actually remember him saying that we should not meet anymore after that, so no he's not going to hire you again anyway.

        Loading editor
    • Count Creeper373 wrote: I killed him.

      The fact that a member of the Elder Council would even consider betraying his own Empire, one that desperately needs his help, and all the help it can get, just to further his own damnable goals...!

      He couldn't realize that killing Titus would weaken the Empire further, and could make it even easier for the Thalmor to annihalate the Empire!

      I didn't want to, but I had to. It was the only way to bring respect, fear, and cash into my Brotherhood. I will live and die for the Unholy Matron...!!!

      Yes my dark brother/sister for the night mother for sithis for the dark brotherhood

        Loading editor
    • Count Creeper373 wrote: I killed him.

      The fact that a member of the Elder Council would even consider betraying his own Empire, one that desperately needs his help, and all the help it can get, just to further his own damnable goals...!

      He couldn't realize that killing Titus would weaken the Empire further, and could make it even easier for the Thalmor to annihalate the Empire!

      I didn't want to, but I had to. It was the only way to bring respect, fear, and cash into my Brotherhood. I will live and die for the Unholy Matron...!!!

      Yes my dark brother/sister for the night mother for sithis for the dark brotherhood

        Loading editor
    • Count Creeper373 wrote: I killed him.

      The fact that a member of the Elder Council would even consider betraying his own Empire, one that desperately needs his help, and all the help it can get, just to further his own damnable goals...!

      He couldn't realize that killing Titus would weaken the Empire further, and could make it even easier for the Thalmor to annihalate the Empire!

      I didn't want to, but I had to. It was the only way to bring respect, fear, and cash into my Brotherhood. I will live and die for the Unholy Matron...!!!

      Yes my dark brother/sister for the night mother for sithis for the dark brotherhood

        Loading editor
    • Count Creeper373 wrote: I killed him.

      The fact that a member of the Elder Council would even consider betraying his own Empire, one that desperately needs his help, and all the help it can get, just to further his own damnable goals...!

      He couldn't realize that killing Titus would weaken the Empire further, and could make it even easier for the Thalmor to annihalate the Empire!

      I didn't want to, but I had to. It was the only way to bring respect, fear, and cash into my Brotherhood. I will live andjLink title die for the Unholy Matron...!!!

      Link titleYes my dark brother/sister for the night mother for sithis for the dark brotherhood

        Loading editor
    • 178.167.187.236 wrote:
      I'm wondering how many people actually killed Motierre, the Dark Brotherhood was probably one of the best quest lines. I was almost in tears when *you know what* and when I saw *you know who* on the ground. The only other time the game got any kind of reponse from me was when Kodlak died and then the tomb of Ysgramor, but I think the dark brotherhood topped that.

      Anyway, I killed Motierre. I think I had to, I wanted to have my hands completely clean and I was in a blood lust kind of mood. Who else did?

      Well, our conträct end when i eliminated the target and received my payment afterwards. It is true to me that the Emperor pay his fee with his life (I wouldn't be suprise if the emperor order 100 guards ambush me when i sneak in his room, but he not) he waiting for me after all. Deal accept!

      _____

      A little update, if you kill motierre after get the gold , a day or 2 later u get a letter of inheritance :v some thing about unto 100 gold pieces to me 

        Loading editor
    • Aside from Mede being honourable man and Motierre being a sleazy little rat, my decision to grant the former his last wish by killing the latter was based on slightly different grounds.

      First, I was a bit surprised that Titus Mede would know the hour of his death like the Septim Emperors of old, since I don't think he was granted with any mystical powers. So I assumed that the reason is that he simply knew for a long time that there was a plot against him involving the highest echelons of Imperial government, fueled probably by resentment towards the White-Gold Concordate. I think Mede knew that this truce will ultiamtely be the cause of his death, which in turn will serve to clear the space for his successor, whoever this might be. Maybe he accepted his death in order to avoid an open coup and civil war which would benefit only the Thalmor. In this light, initially his last request seemed a bit like an act of petty revenge to me, but after final conversation with Motierre I thought there might be more to that. 

      I never suspected Motierre of being the candidate for the next Emperor. That might have been his ambition, but despite his high status he seemed more like a member of a bigger conspiracy, and not the highest-ranking one - a leader of the palace plot would rather not risk his security in some Divines-forsaken, draugr-infested tomb, hiring shady types under his own name and handing his badge of office to them as a trinket. In this game, Motierre might not have been a pawn, but neither was he a king. I doubted whether his death would seriously hinder the power transition after Mede's death. He was needed to make the change happen, but he would only be a corrupt, treacherous hindrance later, so his allies would probably be silently grateful for disposing of him and thus cutting the loose end - the loose end that could not threaten me or the Brotherhood, but rather his fellow plotters.

      Just like figures behind Motierre, the Emperor probably had a good idea what kind of a person my mysterious client was and did not want to see such a traitor as part of the new imperial government. As a supporter of the imperial cause, I could not agree more.

      Furthermore, the last part of Hail Sithis! quest actually felt a bit... Morag Tong-ish (somehow I always preferred those guys over DB, which is a bit too Charles Manson-style for me), with the Emperor accepting with dignity what seemed less like a murder and more like an execution to avoid a bloody power struggle. Because of this, it felt somehow fitting to honor a dying wish of the unfortunate ruler.

      Besides - apart from Grelod the Kind, Motierre was probably the only "target" within the main questline whose death could be seen as deserved or even just. The others, including Maro, were just unfortunate victims of someone's ambitions.

        Loading editor
    • I killed Motierre. He wanted his own leader dead. He made an oath, and whether or not he agreed with Mede, he should have served him with his word.

      If he lived, he would be known as the Emperor slayer, pretty similar to Jaime Lanister actually. Worst of all, unlike in GoT, the Emperor was not evil, and Motierre was more scum than Jaime. (For those who don't know, Jaime Lanister broke his vows and killed his king, who happened to be a mad tyrant).

        Loading editor
    • 68.118.182.18 wrote: I didnt kill him, for one reason only. The emperor wished that I kill him. Yes, these were the old mans last words, but he was the empires leader. I would rather die than help the empires leader


      The fight for skyrim will end the day the empire admits defeat against the mighty Ulfric Stormcloak,

      and this assasination only increased the empire's fear

      All hail the empire the emporer and his legion death to ulfric and all stormcloaks
        Loading editor
    • No I did not kill him. When you are as Assassin of the DB you have your targets and your orders. Mottiere called the Night Mother and upheld his part of the bargain. Doing the honourable thing for a dying man (emperor) is nonsensical. It's simply not your job.

        Loading editor
    • EndermanThinker wrote:
      I killed him because he made me do all that stuff, then made me swim onto a ship, and kill everybody inside.

      You choose to be an assassin and should ignore your feelings for the 'innocent'.

      You decide to kill everyone on the ship. I did not. I used invisibility and sneaking and only killed the emperor. It's more fun RP wise to think everyone realizes the emperor is dead much later or maybe even when their ship lands.

        Loading editor
    • I killed him after my first couple of playthroughs because the Emperor seemed like a reasonable guy and i started to like him before i killed him. Recently i've started playing ESO and discovered he has a (possible) ancestor in the Dark Brotherhood named Mirabelle Motierre. Then there is Francois Motierre who is seen in Oblivion. Since his family has had a history with the Brotherhood i felt like i should probably let him live, after all he did perform the black sacrament on the Emperor and not vice versa. 

        Loading editor
    • I'm dissapointed there was no answer option "Emperor, you're completely mad if you ask this"

        Loading editor
    • People saying Hail Sithis and all? Well there was no Black Sacrament, so no I did not kill him. 

      Not my fault the Emperor did not know this.

        Loading editor
    • I think another way. I want to be a bad guys, a... something dark. An evil darkness. An small man ask me to kill an Emperor, I accept it, then, an old guy ask me the same think, why would I want to deny it? After they're both dead, who is the one get the benefit? Yes, indeed, the darkness. i wish I can said something in the game (I want to whisper), I'll say : "Hail Sithis!". In the end, they both get what the want, right? So what are they complaining about? I just a man (or women, but usually, women), do his job.

        Loading editor
    • Why does everyone think the emperor is a nice guy only because he accepted his fate? 

        Loading editor
    • 178.167.187.236 wrote:
      I'm wondering how many people actually killed Motierre, the Dark Brotherhood was probably one of the best quest lines. I was almost in tears when *you know what* and when I saw *you know who* on the ground. The only other time the game got any kind of reponse from me was when Kodlak died and then the tomb of Ysgramor, but I think the dark brotherhood topped that.

      Anyway, I killed Motierre. I think I had to, I wanted to have my hands completely clean and I was in a blood lust kind of mood. Who else did?

      its really anoying how he ignores you if hes still alive so kill him. Hail Sithis!

        Loading editor
    • I was going to let him live until Lucien chimed in about murdering someone for practice.

        Loading editor
    • If I play an 'honorable' character, then I kill him. In my mind, my character himself, as the Listener, performs the Black Sacrament on behalf of the late emperor and I fulfill my own contract. It's like when The Genie saves Aladdin from drowning, even though Aladdin can't actually make the wish himself. If Astrid can use herself as the sacrifice, I don't see why I can't use the emperor for my own ritual, especially since he is going to die anyway. This way, I fulfill my obligation to Motierre but don't dishonor the Brotherhood by arbitrarily killing the client without going through the proper channels.  The money I make from Mottiere's loot, as well as a few things found on the Emperor's ship, are 'given' to the Brotherhood as my payment and goes toward restoring the sanctuary. Even as an Imperial Legate, my loyalty is to my family, not to the Night Mother or to Sithis even, although my character will avoid crossing powerful deities where possible. Thus, while I do not resent Titus, duty calls so he's got to go.

      Once he gets what he wants from the DB, I have no doubt Motierre will seek to cover his tracks by having us destroyed. Look at how easily Maro steamrolled us when I was gone. Of course, we would have evidence to implicate him in the assassination, but clearly that won't help much if they ambush the Dawnstar sanctuary the same way they did the first one. Besides, we're assassins, vampires and murderers, the nobles at court would not be inclined to believe us. My character always wears a mask on the job, so from a RP perspective, no one knows the Dragonborn is also the Listerner. This means even my influence as the person who defeated Alduin couldn't save the DB if Motierre ratted us out. The Thieve's Guild would be forced to distance themselves from us to protect themselves and that much attention would not be good for the DB. We're assassins, we're not warriers, with dwindled numbers at that. We can not afford another siege on the sanctuary when we barely survived the first one. Unlike Astrid, I feel an immense responsibility regarding by subordinates well being, especially Nazir and Cicero.

      The bodyguard I typically spare. I don't mind if there are whispers that the DB killed the emperor, hell the Legion at the very least has to be partially aware that we made an attempt on his life, but the bodyguard does not have the same influence as Amand himself so he wouldn't prove to be much of a threat. By leaving a witness, it will allow rumors and heresay to spread. Whispers will help improve our business amongst the commonfolk whereas confirmation of our involvement by a high ranking noble will make us public enemy number one. If Rexus had any brains he'd forget what he saw and move on with his life, albeit somewhat dishonored by having let his client die.

      I don't resent Amaund either, he's simply a client, though his ambition gives me reason to distrust him. But from a business stand point, it makes sense to kill him and remove any doubt of his potential betrayal and from a personal aspect, I  respect Titus enough to honor his final wishes, albeit by justifying this with a somewhat convoluted explanation to myself. Amaund makes it pretty clear he wants nothing else to do with people like me, so I have to believe it's doubtful that he'd employ our services in the future and much more likely that he'd try to snuff us now that he's done with us. His potential threat to the family is far greater than his potential usefulness and profitability.

        Loading editor
    • As a greedy, murderous thief I killed Amaund on my first play through because I looked in his inventory with pickpocket and saw all the loot.

        Loading editor
    • I Killed him, got caught and said. "but im da thane bro". not sure how i got caught though. still i was doing a stormcloak run so i figured he wanted to be emperor... and well... we can't have that now can we?

        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message