|The Thu'um is heard, but its source unknown, fooling those into seeking it out.|
|Recharge||30, 15, 5|
- Main article: Dragon Shouts
When used, this Shout projects or "throws" the voice of the Dragonborn in the direction the cursor is aimed. It is very useful in distracting or moving enemies to a point designated by the Dragonborn. Hostiles will investigate the area targeted by the Shout, as long as they can hear it, and have not detected the Dragonborn (the Perk Quiet Casting can reduce detection greatly). They will move towards the targeted area and search in expanding circles around the spot until they calm down and become passive again. The Shout will also affect creatures that are already alerted, but won't fool enemies that have fully detected the Dragonborn already.
The Shout is useful when entering an area undetected. It allows the user to see how many enemies are present, by gathering them all in one place. Also, it makes sneaking into an area easier, as all enemies are gathered together, and easier to avoid than when they are spread out. The shout can also be used to lead enemies towards traps (whether they be regular dungeon traps or ones set by the Dragonborn such as runes) or an ambush.
- The dragon atop Shearpoint is a target of a Bounty quest which rewards the player with 500 (Bounty by Jorleif), but beware of the Dragon Priest buried near the area.
- Krosis can be a challenge for lower level players, and should be approached with great caution and certainly not while the Dragon is around the area.
- It is possible to quickly sprint up to the wall and obtain the Word of Power without fighting the Dragon Priest.
- This shout works well for creating a distraction when sneaking around hostile NPCs as the Thu'um itself is a mere whisper. Unfortunately, non-hostile NPCs do not respond to this Thu'um making it ineffective for distracting passive targets. Instead, try to distract them by shooting an arrow into a wall within earshot of them, and out of the players way.
- If the player has a follower with them, the player can concentrate on the Dragon while Krosis focuses on the follower. Once the follower dies or regains strength, however, the player should have either killed the Dragon or (if unlocked) the Call of Valor shout can be used to make Krosis focus on the summoned hero as the player finishes killing the dragon.
- The player can use this shout on hostile NPCs' and, combining it with Nightingale Subterfuge, will make clearing large rooms with multiple hostiles easy.
- If the Dragonborn is a Khajiit, the accent of the voice will sound like that of a Khajiit, and a human-like voice for Nords, Bretons, Imperials, etc.
- This Shout is very useful after the main quest. Use any of the three glitches to get back into the Thalmor Embassy and use Throw Voice. After a while Elenwen will appear.
- This Shout and the Storm Call shout are the only shouts to have every word wall location inhabited with a dragon priest.
- The shout can actually be used to set off pressure plates and drop coal pots onto oil slicks.
- This Shout and the Battle Fury Shout are the only two Shouts where all three words are in the same location.
- Adding more words to this shout decreases recharge time, rather than increasing it like all other shouts.
- This shout produces a series of goofy insults:
- "Hey, troll bait!"
- "Hey, cheese brain!"
- "Hey, skeever butt!"
- "Hey, slug-breath!"
- "Hey, ugly!"
- "Hey, melon nose!"
|Zul, Mey, Gut|
|MODIR FIN GUT WahLaaN QETHSEGOL|
ZeyMahii VahRUKT OSKAR
FIN Mey WEN ZUL LOS SahLO ahRK
NI SahROT THuuM DO OK BROD
|Modir the Far raised (this) stone|
(in his) brother's memory, Oskar
the Fool, whose voice was weak and
not (the) mighty shout of his clan.
This section contains bugs related to Throw Voice. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- If the Dragonborn is an Argonian or an Elf, the voice that the shout makes may not be heard (it will still show up if subtitles are turned on, however).
| Animal Allegiance • Aura Whisper • Become Ethereal • Call Dragon • Call of Valor • Clear Skies • Disarm • Dismay |
Dragonrend • Elemental Fury • Fire Breath • Frost Breath • Ice Form • Kyne's Peace • Marked for Death • Slow Time
Storm Call • Throw Voice • Unrelenting Force • Whirlwind Sprint
|Drain Vitality • Soul Tear • Summon Durnehviir|
|Battle Fury • Bend Will • Cyclone • Dragon Aspect|
|Amulet of Talos • Dragon Alphabet • Dragon Language • Shrine of Talos • Tongues • Word Wall|