Torchbugs are insects found in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. They can be caught or harvested, and their thoraxes can be eaten or mixed into a potion for varied effects. They can also be hit with an arrow or melee weapon, which will make them drop a thorax.
- Torchbugs can be found in groups near Ustengrav at dusk.
- They can be found almost anywhere at night, and are highly visible, as they tend to glow softly. Some may also be seen in the crack of dawn, but only rarely.
- They can also be found next to Lakeview Manor in groups of two or three.
- They can be found in large groups in front of Windstad Manor.
- Many can be found in Shadowgreen Cavern, which is North West of Solitude but only during nighttime.
- There is usually one or two next to the Shrine of Talos in Riften.
- Torchbugs are similar to fireflies in the real world, however, unlike fireflies, their thoraxes do not 'blink.'
- Torchbugs can be knocked down from the sky with the Unrelenting Force shout. This makes harvesting them much easier.
- It is possible to make a torchbug fly across the map. Simply stand underneath one and use Fireball on it. The explosion kills it and makes its thorax shoot off in the direction the Dragonborn is facing.
- If the Dragonborn takes out their weapon and hits a torchbug, it will die and its thorax will fall to the ground.
- It is possible to 'ride' a torchbug, although they have to be very low to the ground. Simply jump on top of them and the Dragonborn will move along with the torchbug.