Joining the Blades
Torvar is a Nord warrior and a member of the Companions who resides in Whiterun. He can be found within the Companions' headquarters, Jorrvaskr. He is a recent whelp to the Companions and isn't taking well to the intensive training.
Tovar is shown to be a drunk, with many of his comments concerned with drink. He is obviously more interested in getting drunk than in training or doing some work for The Companions. In a conversation between him and Athis, he states a preference for hammers and axes.
At first glance, he acts friendly towards the Dragonborn. But as one progresses within the Companions' ranks, he becomes more sour, and possibly even jealous.
Torvar can be enlisted as a follower after completing Glory of the Dead. However, he can be obtained earlier by dropping armor in front of him while he is walking. He then asks the Dragonborn if he can have the item. If the Dragonborn says "Consider it yours.", he becomes available after leaving the area and coming back.
When wearing an Amulet of Mara after completing Glory of the Dead, Torvar will say "You're wearing Mara's amulet? You? I'd marry you. I'd marry you twice."
His main skills, from highest to lowest:
Torvar resists arrest with the Dragonborn and fights without question, an uncommon trait amongst the rest of the Companions.
This section contains bugs related to Torvar. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- Torvar might be found by Markarth.
- Glory of the Dead quest is completed, Torvar will miraculously appear alive in the dining hall of Jorrvaskr. The resurrected Companion will be ready to follow the new Harbinger. This can also happen if he dies as a follower after the Glory of the Dead once the Dragonborn returns to Jorrvaskr. If Torvar dies before beginning the Companions questline, it's possible to later find his dead body laying on the floor of the living quarters of Jorrvaskr. NPCs finding his body there will only be heard saying I'm going to find whoever did this!". After the
- random encounter, he may remain at the scene of the battle and never return to Jorrvaskr. If encountered as part of a
- Sometimes after dropping armor in his path, a general dialogue will be opened immediately. In order to fix this the Dragonborn must cancel the dialogue and speak to him again. This way the correct dialogue will appear regarding the armor that's been dropped.
- Even if Torvar is killed, he may respawn. His dead body will disappear.