|Tower of Mzark|
|Location||South of Dawnstar|
|Quests||Discerning the Transmundane|
Tower of Mzark is an ancient Dwemer ruin in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. The iron gate on the surface is initially locked. However, it can be opened from the other side by pulling the lever next to it. The quests "Elder Knowledge" and "Discerning the Transmundane" concurrently unfold here.
Accessing the towerEdit
To reach the other side, Blackreach must first be traversed. The only way to do this is to have started the quest, Discerning the Transmundane. Septimus Signus' Attunement Sphere is required to activate a Dwarven mechanism opening a door to Blackreach. It is also possible to access it by forcing a plate against the wall and sprinting into it. Blackreach can be found by traveling through Alftand, Mzinchaleft or Raldbthar of the major Dwemer ruins, but the quest marker will always direct the Dragonborn to Alftand. The tower is located in the south/southwest corner of Blackreach.
Puzzle clue and solutionEdit
There is an inanimate skeleton named Drokt lying in the tower, with a journal that provides a clue to the puzzle. The solution to the puzzle is (from right to left): push the second button four times, waiting for the machine to finish moving each time. The third button will unlock. Push the third button twice, then the newly unlocked fourth button once. Collect the Elder Scroll and the Lexicon.
- Charred Skeever Hide – 2
- Glowing Mushroom – 1
- Grass Pod – 0-1 – random loot in Apothecary's Satchel.
- Jazbay Grapes – 0-1 – random loot in Apothecary's Satchel.
- Pine Thrush Egg – 2
- Snowberries – 0-1 random loot in Apothecary's Satchel.
- Spriggan Sap – 1
- Thistle Branch – 1
- The Armorer's Challenge – Skill Book for Smithing on the table in the western corner of the first room
- Journal of Drokt – On floor next to Drokt's skeleton in the chamber the lexicon is activated in.
- Grand Soul Gem – on the table to the left, immediately upon entering the tower.
- Dwarven Helmet – on the shelves to the right, immediately upon entering.
- Elixir of Strength – on the table in the southern corner of the first room.
- Iron Dagger, Iron Sword, Iron Gauntlets – on table in tent outside of Tower of Mzark when exiting via the surface.
- Novice level locked chest – on the shelves to the right just as the tower is entered.
- Chest – on the shelves to the right just as the tower is entered.
- Knapsack – by the bedroll in the entry room just as the tower is entered.
- Novice level locked chest – on the shelves to the left, right beside the door exiting the first room entered in the tower.
- Apothecary's Satchel – on the table in the southern corner of the first room.
- "Lost Chest" – outside the Tower of Mzark in the camp once the lift is taken out.
- Knapsack – immediately after exiting the Tower of Mzark, on the right of the stairs, covered by a shovel.
This section contains bugs related to Tower of Mzark. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- If the Runed Lexicon is not taken from the receptacle, the location will not be marked on the map. There is no fix or cause for this behaviour. This can simply be avoided by collecting the lexicon from the receptacle.