|Tower of Mzark|
|Location||South of Dawnstar|
|Quests||Discerning the Transmundane|
|Enemies||Dwarven Automatons (Skyrim)|
The Tower of Mzark is an ancient Dwemer tower and lift that connects to Blackreach. The iron gate on the surface will initially be locked, however it can be opened from the other side by pulling the lever next to it.
To reach the other side the player must access Blackreach, the only way to do this is to have started the quest, Discerning the Transmundane as you require Septimus Signus’ Attunement Sphere to open a door to Blackreach.
From Blackreach, the player can enter the Tower of Mzark and then ride the lift up to the surface and open the gate, after which the lift can be entered from the outside anytime you travel there.
During main quest, the Elder Scroll is found inside the Tower's main room - which resembles an observatory. This room houses a large Dwemer puzzle structure that holds the Elder Scroll. It can only be accessed by using a Lexicon obtained from Septimus Signus for the quest Discerning the Transmundane.
There is a named inanimate skeleton named Drokt lying in the tower with a journal that provides a clue to the puzzle. When exiting the tower back into skyrim, sometimes the location will not be marked on your map. To fix, relaod the save before exiting the tower and exit into skyrim again, the tower should now be marked. Forgetting to take the inscribed lexicon will also cause the location to not appear.
- Alchemy Ingredients:
- Charred Skeever Hide - 2
- Glowing Mushroom - 1
- Grass Pod - 0-1 (In Apothecary's Satchel in entry room, so may or may not actually be there)
- Jazbay Grapes - 0-1 (In Apothecary's Satchel in entry room, so may or may not actually be there )
- Pine Thrush Egg - 2
- Snowberries - 0-1 (In Apothecary's Satchel in entry room, so may or may not actually be there )
- Spriggan Sap - 1
- Thistle Branch - 1
- Other Items:
- Grand Soul Gem - On table to your left as you enter the tower
- Dwarven Helmet - On the shelves to your right just as you enter the tower
- Elixir of Strength - On the table in the southern corner of the first room
- Iron Dagger, Iron Sword, Iron Gauntlets - on table in tent outside of Tower of Mzark when you exit via the lift to the surface
- Novice level locked chest - On the shelves to your right just as you enter the tower
- Chest - On the shelves to your right just as you enter the tower
- Knapsack - By the bedroll in the entry room just as you enter the tower
- Novice level locked chest - On the shelves to the left, right beside the door exiting the first room you enter the tower into.
- Apothecary's Satchel - On the table in the southern corner of the first room
- Chest - Outside of the Tower of Mzark in the camp once you take the lift out.
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (First appearance)