|Tower of Mzark|
|Location||South of Dawnstar|
|Quests||Discerning the Transmundane|
Tower of Mzark is an ancient Dwemer ruin located in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.The Tower of Mzark is an ancient Dwemer tower and lift that connects to Blackreach. The iron gate on the surface is initially locked, however, it can be opened from the other side by pulling the lever next to it. The quests, "Elder Knowledge" and "Discerning the Transmundane" concurrently unfold here.
Accessing the tower
To reach the other side, Blackreach must first be traversed. The only way to do this is to have started the quest, "Discerning the Transmundane" Septimus Signus' Attunement Sphere is required to open a door to Blackreach.
From Blackreach, the Tower of Mzark can be accessed; the lift up to the surface can be ridden to the top, where the gate is opened. After, the lift can be entered from the outside anytime the tower is traveled to.
The Elder Scroll needed to learn Dragonrend is found inside the Tower's main rooms. This room houses an oculory that holds the Elder Scroll. It can only be accessed by using a Lexicon obtained from Septimus Signus for the quest, "Discerning the Transmundane".
- Charred Skeever Hide - 2
- Glowing Mushroom - 1
- Grass Pod - 0-1 - random loot in Apothecary's Satchel.
- Jazbay Grapes - 0-1 - random loot in Apothecary's Satchel.
- Pine Thrush Egg - 2
- Snowberries - 0-1 random loot in Apothecary's Satchel.
- Spriggan Sap - 1
- Thistle Branch - 1
- The Armorer's Challenge - Skill Book for Smithing 0n the table in the western corner of the first room
- Journal of Drokt - On floor next to Drokt's skeleton in the chamber you scribe the lexicon in.
- Grand Soul Gem - on the table to the left, immediately upon entering the tower.
- Dwarven Helmet - on the shelves to the right, immediately upon entering.
- Elixir of Strength - on the table in the southern corner of the first room.
- Iron Dagger, Iron Sword, Iron Gauntlets - on table in tent outside of Tower of Mzark when exiting via the surface.
- Novice level locked chest - on the shelves to your right just as you enter the tower.
- Chest - on the shelves to your right just as you enter the tower.
- Knapsack - by the bedroll in the entry room just as you enter the tower.
- Novice level locked chest - on the shelves to the left, right beside the door exiting the first room you enter the tower into.
- Apothecary's Satchel - on the table in the southern corner of the first room.
- "Lost Chest" - outside the Tower of Mzark in the camp once the lift is taken out.
- Knapsack - immediately after exiting the Tower of Mzark, on the right of the stairs, covered by a shovel.
This section contains bugs related to Tower of Mzark. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- When exiting the tower back into Skyrim, the location may not be marked on the map. Forgetting to take the Inscribed Lexicon also causes the location to not appear.
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (First appearance)