Transmute Mineral Ore (or Transmute), is an Adept-level Alteration spell. Casting it converts one piece of unrefined iron ore in the inventory to silver ore, or Silver Ore to gold ore at the base cost of 88 Magicka.
Magicka costs vary depending on the Alteration skill level of the caster as well as the amount of Magicka points the Dragonborn has, enchanted apparel that may be equipped or fortify alteration potions can decrease the amount needed.
- This spell cannot be overcharged and will only transmute ore. The spell makes silver ore to gold ore first, and then iron ore to silver ore if there is no silver ore in inventory.
- Cast this spell four times to transform two pieces of iron ore (2 ) to gold ore (50 ), then refine the two gold ore into a gold ingot, which may be sold for 100 .
- For easy gold, mine iron, as it is more readily available than silver or gold, and transmute it into gold to make jewelry. Then, enchant and sell it. This has the benefit of boosting the Alteration, Smithing, Enchanting and Speech skills while making a profit. Two iron ore (4 ) → two gold ore (100 ) → one gold ingot (100 ) → two gold rings (150 ) + enchantments.
- Transmuting iron ore to silver ore, but not gold, may be preferable due to the higher availability of gems used in silver jewelry. This requires emptying the inventory of silver ore between each cast.
- Silver ingots may be made at a smelter by casting transmute with both hands simultaneously (see Bugs below). This transforms two iron ore into silver ore, which can then be smelted into a silver ingot at the smelter.
- Stolen ore, once transmuted, will lose its stolen tag and can be sold.
- Weight: 1
- Value: 200
- See Spell Tome for a complete table of spell tomes, their descriptions, and their values.
- Find in Skyrim
- This spell may be a reference to the common representation of magic users in folklore as people capable of turning objects into gold.
This section contains bugs related to Transmute Mineral Ore. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- Dual-casting this spell may result in only a single transmuting. If this is the case try staggering the casts by about a quarter to a third of a second, just enough so the sound effects are not merged. Depending on reflexes and consistency, the result may be a few gold and a few silver ingots, so to ensure reliability transmute silver ores and drop them, although this takes longer.
- Sometimes casting this spell will not turn iron ore into silver ore. Instead, it will only remove an iron ore from inventory.
|Candlelight • Detect Dead • Detect Life • Dragonhide • Ebonyflesh • Equilibrium • Magelight • Mass Paralysis • Oakflesh |
Paralyze • Ironflesh • Stoneflesh • Telekinesis • Transmute Mineral Ore • Waterbreathing
|Ash Shell • Ash Rune|
|Schools of Magic|
|Alteration • Conjuration • Destruction • Illusion • Restoration|
|Alteration Ritual Spell • Mage Armor • Magicka • Perks • Magic • College of Winterhold • Alteration trainers|