- Unlocked at Fighters Guild rank 8
- Requires 1 Skill Point
After reaching rank 4 in this skill, it is possible to Morph it:
- U2: As of Update 2, All additional effects for Fighters Guild abilities now work against vampire player characters.
- U3: You will now face the targeted area when casting this ability.
- U4: As of Update 4, this ability no longer removes the Nightblade active skill, Shadow Cloak 
- U4: Damage from Silver Bolts, Expert Hunter, and Trap Beast is now based on stamina and weapon damage instead of magicka and spell power.
- U5: Fixed an issue where the damage over time effects of this ability could not be cleansed.
- U6: Reduced the time it takes to arm this ability to 3 seconds from 4 seconds. 
- U6: Increased the damage dealt per tick by approximately 40%. 
- U6: This ability no longer shows a telegraph to enemy player characters. 
- U7: This ability now grants the Minor Force buff which increases Critical Damage by 12%. 
- U7: Reduced the arming time to 1.5 seconds from 3 seconds. 
- U7: Increased the ability's duration to 60 seconds from 30 seconds. 
- U7: This ability will no longer erroneously trigger the Sorcerer passive Exploitation. 
- U8: Fixed an issue where several damage over time effects were not allowing multiple casters to apply their own stack. For example, previously if two player characters cast Scalding Rune at the same target, only one of those effects would apply damage over time to the target. This is now corrected for a number of abilities, including this one. 
- U8:Fixed an issue where this ability was checking against Spell Resistance for mitigation rather than Physical Resistance.
- U8:This ability now correctly crits based on Weapon Critical rather than Spell Critical.
- U8:The damage over time portion from this ability can now critically hit.