|Spells/Abilities||Regenerate Health (2HP/s)|
|Resistance||-50% to Fire Damage|
|Soul Size||Lesser (300)|
- Main article: Armored Troll
The large armored trolls are fierce animal companions. The Dawnguard use these trolls to fight vampires. An armored troll can be bought from Gunmar for 500 , who has an infinite supply of trolls, in Fort Dawnguard. An armored troll will leave the Dragonborn's services if told to wait somewhere for too long. The armored troll counts as an animal companion, so the Dragonborn cannot have an armored troll and a dog at the same time. There are two types of armored trolls: normal trolls and frost trolls. To get an armored frost troll, the Dragonborn must be a higher level (presumably around 40).
- Main article: Frost Troll
Frost trolls are larger in size than those found in Cyrodiil, but are much slower as well. Frost Trolls are considerably stronger than regular Trolls, and are tough adversaries.
- Main article: Udefrykte (Skyrim)
- According to the book Troll Slaying, the best way to kill a troll is by using the destruction spell Flames and any type of shield.
- Trolls can open doors and follow their prey into buildings, such as High Hrothgar.
- A reference to the old troll under the bridge tale can be found south of Markarth, as there is a dead troll under a bridge. There is a similar occurence in The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion.
- Trolls are immune to the Savage Strike and Devastating Blow perks.
- Elgrim, an alchemist in Riften, refers to how hard it is to acquire Painted Troll Fat, referring to the unique Oblivion ingredient.
- Trolls in general, thanks to their high punishment threshold and regenerative abilities, are great for working on skills. Melee weapons, armor, block and bows can all gain immense skill from one troll, and all schools of magic can be used against one or in one's presence.
- To get the most out of this, make sure that the troll is accompanied by another reasonably tough enemy (to prevent performing a killing move on the troll and/or other enemy and ending the session prematurely) and memorize troll spawning points.
- The Elder Scrolls: Arena
- The Elder Scrolls Adventures: Redguard
- The Elder Scrolls III: Bloodmoon
- The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
- The Elder Scrolls Online
|Creatures and Enemies (The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim)|
|Animals||Bear • Cave Bear • Chicken • Cow • Deer • Dog • Elk • Fox • Goat • Hawk • Horker • Horse |
Ice Wolf • Mammoth • Mudcrab • Rabbit • Sabre Cat • Skeever • Slaughterfish • Snow Bear • Snow Fox • Wolf
|Creatures||Chaurus • Frostbite Spider • Frost Troll • Giant • Hagraven • Ice Wraith • Spriggan • Troll|
|Daedra||Dremora • Flame Atronach • Frost Atronach • Storm Atronach|
|Undead||Corrupted Shade • Dragon Priest • Draugr • Magic Anomaly • Skeleton |
Subjugated Ghost • Wisp • Wispmother • Vampire
|Animunculi||Dwarven Centurion • Dwarven Sphere • Dwarven Spider|
|Dragons||Dragon • Blood Dragon • Frost Dragon • Elder Dragon • Ancient Dragon • Skeletal Dragon|