- Main article: Books (Online)
- Author: Trynhild Earth-Turner
- Drawing down. Hammer out thin piece wider.
- Upsetting looks easy. Make it thicker by hammering on the end.
- I wonder if Eiman is as dumb as he seems?
- Punching: make fancy. Maesa says she'll show me later.
- Spent more time on drawing down. Started with taper for chisels and the like.
- Have to talk to Rolunda about the blade I'm going to make. How long?
- Burned myself bending. Shor take that job!
- Did some welding. Simple and fun when working with Maesa. Might get the hang of this.
- Father says I should make horseshoes for my first project. Shor take him too!