- The art of combat using two-handed weapons such as greatswords, battleaxes, and warhammers. Those trained in this skill deliver deadlier blows.
Two-Handed is a skill in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, and is one of the six skills that falls under The Warrior play-style. Two-handed skill is raised by the use of large weapons that are wielded with two hands. Due to the use of both hands, a spell or another weapon cannot be used while a two-handed weapon is equipped. When using two-handed weapons, the weapon can be used to block incoming attacks. Two-handed weapons do significantly more damage, but they take more time to swing and their power attacks use more stamina than any other type of weapon.
Comparisons with other gamesEdit
Staves no longer require two-hands to wield.
Books and questsEdit
- Words and Philosophy - found at the end of Geirmund's Hall, which is east of Ivarstead.
- Battle of Sancre Tor
- Song of Hrormir - found in throne room chest in Yngol Barrow and at the back of Abandoned Prison
- The Legendary Sancre Tor
- Oghma Infinium - when the Path of the Warrior is taken, each combat skill increases by 5, including Two-Handed.
The following miscellaneous quest increases the Two-Handed Skill:
- Solve Octieve San's debt problem in Solitude.
- Retrieve Rjorn's Drum for Giraud Gemane in the Bards College in Solitude. This quest also increases Block, One-handed, Smithing, Heavy Armor, and Archery.
- Torbjorn Shatter-Shield (Expert): Windhelm
- Vilkas of The Companions (Master): Jorrvaskr, Whiterun
- Fura Bloodmouth (Master): Castle Volkihar DG
- Wulf Wild-Blood (Master): Skaal Village DB
The following are the confirmed weapons that benefit from this skill:
This is a list of Two-Handed weapons that the player is able to craft at a Forge given the appropriate perks.
- Battleaxe - Iron, Steel, Dwarven, Orcish, Elven, Glass, Ebony, Daedric, DragonboneDG, Nord Hero, StalhrimDB, NordicDB
- Greatsword - Iron, Steel, Dwarven, Orcish, Elven, Glass, Ebony, Daedric, DragonboneDG, Nord Hero, StalhrimDB, NordicDB
- War Hammers - Iron, Steel, Dwarven, Orcish, Elven, Glass, Ebony, Daedric, DragonboneDG, StalhrimDB, NordicDB
This is a list of Two-Handed weapons that are not able to be crafted by the player. They are either received as a quest reward or looted throughout the world. They may or may not be unique.
- Battleaxes - Ancient Nordic, Wuuthrad, Skyforge Steel, Drainblood, Headsman's Axe**, Rueful Axe, The Woodsman's Friend
- Greatswords - Ancient Nordic, Silver, Skyforge Steel, Ebony Blade**, Bloodskal BladeDB
- Warhammers - Aegisbane, The Longhammer, Trollsbane, Volendrung
The following are the perks that become available to select as the skill is leveled up
|Barbarian (5)||Two-Handed 20/40/60/80||Two-Handed weapons do 20% more damage (+20% per additional rank)|
|Champion's Stance||Two-Handed 20, Barbarian||Power attacks with two-handed weapons cost 25% less stamina|
|Limbsplitter (3)||Two-Handed 30, Barbarian||Attacks with battle axes cause extra bleeding damage (Additional ranks raise the bleeding damage)|
|Deep Wounds (3)||Two-Handed 30, Barbarian||Attacks with greatswords have a 10% chance of doing critical damage (+5% per additional rank)|
|Skull Crusher (3)||Two-Handed 30, Barbarian||Attacks with warhammers ignore 25% of armor (+25% per additional rank)|
|Devastating Blow||Two-Handed 50, Champion's Stance||Standing power attacks do 25% bonus damage with a chance to decapitate your enemies|
|Great Critical Charge||Two-Handed 50, Champion's Stance||Can do a two-handed power attack while sprinting that does double critical damage|
|Sweep||Two-Handed 70, Devastating Blow OR Great Critical Charge||Sideways power attacks with two-handed weapons hit all targets in front of you|
|Warmaster||Two-Handed 100, Sweep||Backwards power attack has a 25% chance to paralyze the target|
The two-handed skill directly increases the damage dealt with two-handed weapons. For each skill level, the damage increases by 0.5%. This increase is multiplicative with damage increase from the barbarian perk and weapon improvements.
- Sometimes, when an enemy is decapitated, the enemy will not die and will keep fighting you.
- "Decapitated" enemies may not actually lose their heads.
- Greatswords and other two-handed weapons may sound incorrect eg. A person with a warhammer hitting the wall for the first time will sound like as if the wall was being hit with a one-handed sword.
|Skills in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
|The Mage||Alteration · Conjuration · Destruction · Enchanting · Illusion · Restoration|
|The Thief||Alchemy · Light Armor · Lockpicking · Pickpocket · Sneak · Speech|
|The Warrior||Archery · Block · Heavy Armor · One-Handed · Smithing · Two-Handed|