He is somewhat unpopular with the citizens of Cheydinhal, including members of the City Guard, as he tends to levy excessively high fines and is known to have strict enforcement.
It is proven he is corrupt in the quest Corruption and Conscience, and he even threatens to "slap you in irons" if the Hero attempts to talk to him. Although if you talk to him after Llevena tells him to follow you, he will say, "I don't like being disturbed."
Defense of BrumaEdit
If the quest The Wayward Knight is completed and the Oblivion Gate outside of Cheydinhal is closed during the Allies for Bruma quest, Count Andel Indarys will send Ulrich to aid Bruma and help close the Great Gate.
However, if Corruption and Conscience has been completed, he will not be sent because he will have been arrested or killed based on the hero's actions in the quest. If that happens, then the Count of Cheydinhal will send an ordinary soldier instead.
After asking around in Cheydinhal, the Hero will discover that the Captain of the Guard Ulrich Leland has been imposing excessive and inappropriate fines all over town. One of the citizens, Llevana Nedaren, is upset and plans do something about it.
This quest involves going to each major city in the province of Cyrodiil and appealing to the local Count or Countess for aid. The Daedra of Oblivion are innumerable—the soldiers of Bruma are not. The gates generally have no outstanding features compared with other randomized gates.
With three out of four of the items, Martin informs the Hero of a very bold plan to obtain the final item required to open the gate to Mankar Camoran's Paradise—a Great Sigil Stone obtained from a Great Oblivion Gate.
- If Corruption and Conscience has been completed, Ulrich will appear in a cell in the Cheydinhal Jail, and if the count has agreed to send soldiers to help Bruma, Ulrich will act as if he has not been arrested, and uses the dialogue for Bruma, rather than the one he should use for the prison cell, e.g. he will talk as if he is waiting for the battle to commence, instead of acting hostile towards the hero. It is fixed once the battle of Bruma has been completed.
- His weapon of choice is a silver battle axe.
- He, along with Viera Lerus, are the only two captains sent to Bruma if Corruption and Conscience is not completed.
- Even though he is a guard (the captain, actually), he will never attempt to arrest the hero.
This section contains bugs related to Ulrich Leland. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- If killed by the daedra during Defense of Bruma quest, and the Knights of the Nine quest-line has been completed, when he dies, the message that the hero gets when they murder an innocent will appear shortly after his death, and the Crusader's Relics will lose their abilities.