|Umaril the Unfeathered|
|Quest Giver||The Prophet|
|Prerequisite||The Blessing of Talos|
|Faction||Knights of the Nine|
|Type||Knights of the Nine Quest line|
- Main article: Quests (Knights of the Nine)
After receiving The Blessing of Talos and the promoting of Knights it is time to face Umaril the Unfeathered at Garlas Malatar. The Prophet has marked the keep where he is hiding.
Head to the ruins and they'll discover that their knights are waiting for them, ready to fight. Prepare for the fight, then launch the attack by talking to any of the men waiting. The knights will then preceed to the ruin and start fighting as soon as they are inside.
Inside Garlas MalatarEdit
In the ruins, follow the knights' lead, they will fight their way deep into the ruins. Once in a while, one will have to activate a switch in order to clear the path. If they are at a low level, their knights should have no problem taking care of the Aurorans that spawn in every hall. If they are a high level such as 41, don't expect anyone to survive after the first room.
Soon they'll see a big hall with a lowered staircase. The orb they need to destroy is on a remote pedestal. The Knights won't go further, they will keep on fighting the Aurorans that will continue to spawn indefinitely until the orb is destroyed.
To do so, turn around the main structure on the right side. They'll soon find another small staircase leading to the orb, guarded by a few Aurorans. Kill them, run to the orb and activate it. Continue to Umaril's location.
They should be able to sneak-run past the Aurorans. The knights will still fight them, just push the button in the first room and sneak to the exit as fast as possible. Then destroy the orb and continue to Umaril's location. The two final Aurorans will follow them even if they can't see you, but won't attack in that case, and will disappear once you approach Umaril. Obviously, you can't avoid the fight with Umaril.
From that moment the Aurorans and their Knights will disappear and they will be left to fight Umaril on their own.
He appears on top of the stairs. Kill him, then use the spell The Blessing of Talos to gain access to his daedric plane. This is in fact the clouds over the Imperial City and Umaril's tactics have not changed. Defeat Umaril again. There is nothing to loot from his corpse, however one can catch Umaril's Sword as it falls down to earth with them.
Back at the prioryEdit
The Hero will wake up again at the Priory and the Ghosts of the Knights are waiting with Sir Amiel who will say a few words in gratitude before they disappear.
Sir Thedret who somehow survived much longer than the other knights waits for them outside the room and says he is overjoyed to see them. He thought they had died and now it's time to let the other Knights know of the victory.
When they head outside, they'll discover that all the Knights cheer them on as their new champion. They'll now be able to take along one knight with them on their journey.
I've been granted the Blessing of Talos by the Prophet. I am now ready to destroy Umaril. My knights are on their way to Garlas Malatar to prepare for our final assault on his fortress.
I have arrived at Garlas Malatar. My sworn foe Umaril the Unfeathered awaits me inside. The final duty in my holy quest is to find him, and destroy him.
I've ordered my Knights to attack Umaril and his Aurorans at Garlas Malatar. We must destroy Umaril once and for all.
I have destroyed Umaril's physical form. If the Prophet told me true, I must cast the Blessing of Talos on myself and I will follow Umaril's spirit to a place where he can be killed.
Umaril is utterly destroyed. I have completed my holy quest.
- It is recommended that be careful when fighting the Aurorans, as one can accidentally kill some of the knights, making one unable to wear the Crusaders Relics. The only way to fix this is to either go back to the nearest save and try again, or, for PC users, open the console and reset your infamy.
- Note that the Sword of the Crusader has only 62 uses and the Mace of the Crusader has 41 uses, so bring other weapons for backup as well. Also note that if any Knights die, they will be replaced by a generic "Knight of the Nine", so they may find it somewhat satisfying to go through killing all the Aurorans and Umaril by yourself.
- One can go back to Garlas Malatar, still protected by Auroran, and find Umaril's slain body. Interestingly, if one were unable to obtain his sword from his spiritual form, one can pick up the same sword here if one hadn't already. One can actually acquire two of Umaril's Swords (one from the first battle, the other from the second) if you so desire. Note that they are exactly the same weapon.
- Umaril's sword can be duplicated with the scroll method.