Umbra is an Orsimer warrior that wields the Umbra, a sword that traps souls. He is found near Suran (north east) on the side of a hill. He wants to die a warrior's death in a battle and asks the Nerevarine to kill him. If they grant his final request, the Nerevarine may loot his full set of Orcish armor along with Umbra.
- "What are any of my accomplishments in the whole of this world? I have traveled from one end of the land to the other. I have killed creatures that can stop a man's heart with but a look. I have the blood of man and mer uncountable on my hands. I have seen the atrocities of war and the hideous excess of peace. There is nothing left for me in this world."
- "What is the use of knowing my name? If it will make you more comfortable, you may call me Umbra. It is the name of my blade, though it may as well be mine."
- "I have seen the wholesale slaughter of men, women, entire races of people. Villages have burned before my eyes—my hand has held the torch, and my hand has thrown water on the flames. I have been ankle deep in blood, swinging Umbra in a wide arc, all for the glory of the battle, and here I still stand."
- "I have no more to do in this life. I have saved whole towns from packs of Daedra, and I have slaughtered men for the glory of countless nobles. All that is left for me is my own death, and the gods have cheated me of that. All I ask is to die like a warrior, but how can that be?"
- "Die like a warrior!"
- Excellent! Perhaps now I will be granted a warrior's death. And if I am not, know that you will be.
- "You disappoint me. Perhaps one day you will come relieve me of my burden. Until then, I will search for the one who will."
- "I don't believe it is too much to ask to die as a warrior should—in battle. It is my curse, though, that I have found no one that can best me in combat. Are you the one that can? Can you come and lift me from these shackles of life? Come then, be the new wielder of Umbra!"
- Khartag Point:
- "Oh, Khartag Point has changed I hear. Now, have to climb up big ugly statue to jump. Still good time, though. Can't wait to see if new statue is as high as rock it carved from."
- "Glorious Khartag Point! Very famous for Orcs. Great hero Khartag who had fought some battle or something died there. Very famous."
- The Umbra in The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion wields the same sword and carries its name.
- Umbra wants the player to kill him, much like the Ebony Warrior and the Old Orc in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.