As the Dragonborn speaks with Unmid, he expresses his belief that Ulfric Stormcloak is a hero. He further reveals that there have been multiple attempts on the Jarl's life and run-ins with spies who were attempting to spot weaknesses in their line of defense.
Unmid may send hired thugs after the Dragonborn if they have have stolen something from Mistveil Keep.
- "I don't like talking to someone who holds their honor so cheaply." (when in exile)
- "I killed scores of the Empire's men before I was forced to surrender" (when in exile) (he will say this even if Riften was given to the Imperials in Season Unending).
- "The only reason I stopped fighting was a plea from Laila, otherwise I would have fought to the death" (when in exile) (he will say this even if Riften was given to the Imperials in Season Unending).
- "Ulfric's a bloody hero. There's not a true Nord who would ever argue that point."
- "I don't think I'll ever rest until Ulfric is crowned King, with the ashes of the Concordat at his feet." (Note that he says this even if the Dragonborn sided with the Stormcloaks and Skyrim's involvement with the White-Gold Concordat invalidated.)
- He is one of the few characters who wear Elven Armor besides Thalmor soldiers.
- Dialogue suggests that he and Riften's steward, Anuriel, are romantically involved.
- Unmid does not attend Vittoria Vici's wedding with the rest of the Snow-Shod family.
- Unmid was voiced by Paul Ganus.