Unmid Snow-Shod is a Nord and the housecarl of Jarl Laila Law-Giver in Riften. He resides in Mistveil Keep. Should the player side with the Empire and gain Riften for the Imperials, Unmid can be found in the Palace of the Kings in Windhelm, in exile with Jarl Laila. He is the son of Nura and Vulwulf, like most other members of the family, he's a strong supporter of Stormcloaks.
As the Dragonborn speaks with Unmid, he expresses his belief that Ulfric Stormcloak is a hero. He further reveals that there have been multiple attempts on the Jarl's life and run-ins with spies who were attempting to spot weaknesses in their line of defense.
Unmid may send hired thugs after a thief who steals from Misteveil Keep.
Unmid wears Elven armor.
- "I killed scores of the Empire's men before I was forced to surrender" (when in exile)(he will say this even if Riften was given to the Imperials in Season Unending).
- "The only reason I stopped fighting was a plea from Laila, otherwise I would have fought to the death" (when in exile))(he will say this even if Riften was given to the imperials in Season Unending).
- "Ulfric's a bloody hero. There's not a true Nord who would ever argue that point."
- "I don't think I'll ever rest until Ulfric is crowned King, with the ashes of the Concordat at his feet." (Note that he says this even if the Dragonborn sided with the Stormcloaks and Skyrim's involvement with the White-Gold Concordat invalidated.)
- He is one of the few NPCs who wear Elven Armor besides Thalmor soldiers.
- Dialogue suggests that he and Riften's steward, Anuriel, are romantically involved (both the fact she is an elf and the Elven Armor he wears are somewhat ironic, considering the Nordic ethnic nationalism espoused by the Stromcloaks)
- Unmid does not attend Vittoria Vici's wedding with the rest of the Snow-Shod family.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Unless otherwise stated, the information above was obtained from in-game play or from The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Creation Kit 
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (First appearance)