Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Updates for The Elder Scrolls Online|
|Update 1 • Update 2 • Update 3 • Update 4 • Update 5 • Update 6 • Update 7 • Update 8 • Update 9 • Update 10 • Update 11 • Update 12|
Dark Brotherhood, like our previous updates, will come in two parts—the DLC game pack, and the base game patch. The base game patch will be available to everyone who owns The Elder Scrolls Online and the DLC game pack will automatically download with it, allowing you instant access to the new content when you purchase it, or activate an ESO Plus membership.
Anyone who owns ESO and has an active ESO Plus membership will also automatically have access to the Dark Brotherhood DLC game pack. If your ESO Plus membership ends or lapses, you will no longer have access to the Dark Brotherhood DLC game pack content and areas, but you will still have any items you earned while you had access. You will also keep any acquired skills from the Dark Brotherhood skill line up to the rank that you earned while you were in the Guild, even if you respec. If you do not have an active ESO Plus membership you can purchase the DLC game pack for 2,000 crowns via the in-game Crown Store.
Join the Dark Brotherhood and become their newest assassin. Aside from hours of new story content, two new delves and group bosses, this update introduces a deadly new passive skill line exclusive to members of the Dark Brotherhood. We also have a number of new item sets available, plus a variety of repeatable content. In addition, we have some changes to previous DLC game packs including a District capture system for Imperial City and improvements to the Tel Var Stone merchant.
The base game patch also features an abundance of new features including Poison-Making as an extension of the Alchemy system, improvements to item set Traits, more enhancements to the Grouping Tool, nameplates, item locking, an extended crafting inventory (Craft Bags) for ESO Plus members, and more. And, of course, the highly anticipated removal of Veteran Ranks. We have published a deep-dive of Veteran Rank removal on our website. Please read it for details.
In addition to all the new features and major updates, we have made many fixes and improvements to the overall combat and gameplay (including many stamina-related changes), content throughout the game, itemization, UI, and more.
We hope you enjoy our latest update!
NEW FEATURES / UPDATES / BIG CHANGES
DLC Game Packs Base Game Patch FIXES & IMPROVEMENTS, IMPERIAL CITY DLC GAME PACK
Combat & Gameplay Dungeons & Group Content Exploration & Itemization Quests & Zones FIXES & IMPROVEMENTS, ORSINIUM DLC GAME PACK
Art & Animation Combat & Gameplay Exploration & Itemization Quests & Zones FIXES & IMPROVEMENTS, THIEVES GUILD DLC GAME PACK
Art & Animation Audio Combat & Gameplay Crafting & Economy Dungeons & Group Content Exploration & Itemization Quests & Zones FIXES & IMPROVEMENTS, BASE GAME PATCH
Alliance War Art & Animation Audio Combat & Gameplay Crafting & Economy Crown Store Dungeons & Group Content Exploration & Itemization Justice System Mac Game Client Miscellaneous Quests & Zones UI
NEW FEATURES / UPDATES / BIG CHANGESEdit
DLC Game Packs
For the first time since The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, return to the Gold Coast of Cyrodiil in the Dark Brotherhood DLC game pack! Visit the cities of Anvil and Kvatch on the disenfranchised borders of Cyrodill and whet your appetite for slaughter as you join the deadly and mysterious Dark Brotherhood, Tamriel's premier guild of assassins. Blood will flow as you carve a gruesome path into the good graces of the Night Mother and remind all of Tamriel why they should always fear the shadows.
The Gold Coast is a new zone on the West Coast of Cyrodiil containing the iconic cities of Anvil and Kvatch, including the Kvatch Arena which you can read more about below. Note that this section of Cyrodiil is free from the war that currently rages in the rest of the province; it is not a PvP area.
This update includes an all-new assassination-based storyline and quests centering on the Dark Brotherhood.
Marked for DeathEdit
Anyone in the know realizes that if they want someone put in the ground, they call upon the Dark Brotherhood. There are two types of repeatable quests that you can perform for the organization to increase your standing and acquire suitable rewards.
- Elam Drals, a dry-humored Dark Elf, oversees the Dark Brotherhood's contract killings for those who exchange simple gold for the promise of disposing of troublesome individuals throughout Tamriel. Visit locations throughout the world of Tamriel to execute individuals named in the contracts while avoiding guards and the accrual of bounty for your heinous murder.
- These quests are unlocked once you join the Dark Brotherhood and complete their trials, and can be acquired from the ledger next to Elam Drals in the Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary.
- You can do as many Contract quests as you like, but can only have one at a time in your journal.
- Speaker Terenus, the grim Imperial who indoctrinates you into the Dark Brotherhood, remains behind in the Sanctuary to bestow the most important missions that members of the Dark Brotherhood undertake in the name of their vaunted Night Mother.
- Travel to specialized locations to stalk and kill your prey, completing bonus objectives to achieve greater rewards.
- Sacraments are unlocked once you complete the Dark Brotherhood quest “A Lesson in Silence," not too long after you join.
- You can only accept and complete one Sacrament quest per day.
New World Bosses and DelvesEdit
- The Gold Coast is a settled region, but there is no shortage of danger in this fractured Cyrodillic territory.
- Tribune's Folly: The Gold Coast is home to savage minotaurs, who generally keep to themselves and are drawn to ancient Imperial sites. The minotaur drawn to Tribune's Folly has undergone a dark change, slave to a terrible evil lurking beneath this cursed ruin.
- Kvatch Arena: The otherwise pious and reserved Colovians of Kvatch cut loose in the arena, where a regular Pardoner's Brawl is held to allow prisoners condemned to death to fight for their freedom. What happens when blundering adventurers such as yourself intervene?
- Hrota Cave: A drowned sprawl near the borders of the city of Anvil, this cave is haunted by terrible wispmothers and the shambling corpses of those travelers drawn to the place. Will you survive to loot the fallen, or join the dead in eternal unrest?
- Garlas Agea: Even the ancient Ayleids can't escape the spread of greed throughout Tamriel, and the Gold Coast Trading Company has claimed these ruins as storage for illicit cargo to be shipped across the world. Cut into their profits – and their necks – to claim a piece of the pie.
- Repeatable Bounties: Bounty boards in both Anvil and Kvatch have daily quests that ask you to battle one of these dangers and return victorious.
New Passive Skill Line: Dark BrotherhoodEdit
Joining the Dark Brotherhood allows you to learn the tricks of their bloody trade and learn a new skill line of passive abilities.
- Blade of Woe: This first passive unlocks when you join the Dark Brotherhood, allowing you to perform merciless executions as outlined previously.
- You may call this armament to your hand whenever you sneak up behind unsuspecting humanoid victims in the world, and dispatch them cruelly and instantly.
- Note that this attack does not work on player characters in Cyrodiil, vendors and quest NPCs, or on any bosses in the game, and can only be performed on creatures belonging to the standard races of Tamriel. You also receive 25% of the normal experience from killing targets with the Blade of Woe.
- Scales of Pitiless Justice: No one wants to risk snitching on the Dark Brotherhood, and bounty gained from witnesses of your assaults and murders is reduced.
- Padomaic Sprint: Slaying innocent victims grants you a quick boost to your speed so you can evade the guards.
- Shadowy Supplier: Visit a silent watcher in the Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary and any Outlaws Refuge to gain special boons.
- Shadow Rider: Your mount instinctively knows how to keep to the shadows, significantly reducing your mounted aggression radius.
- Spectral Assassin: Even in broad daylight in the midst of a crowd, Sithis may cloak you in his void embrace, preventing you from being witnessed when using the Blade of Woe.
Changes to Imperial CityEdit
We've introduced a number of changes and improvements to Imperial City in this update:
- Districts can now be captured via mechanics similar to Resources in Cyrodiil.
- A single flag is located in each District, and is guarded by a few Alliance Guards.
- Ownership of a District confers a 33% Tel Var Stone bonus to all Tel Var Stone gains in the Districts.
- Ownership of a District also controls whether you can respawn in that District via a PvE or PvP death.
- If your Alliance doesn't control any Districts and you die in the Districts, you will respawn in the Sewers.
- You will now lose 50% of your Tel Var Stones for both a PvE or PvP death. Previously, you would lose 10% of your Stones for a PvE death, and 80% for a PvP death.
- Rebalanced the monsters in Imperial City to make moving around the city easier for the solo player.
- Bosses remain targeted at two player characters.
- Patrolling Horrors and Xivkyn elite are best handled by four or more, but their attacks are now less likely to kill you in one hit.
White Gold Tower & Imperial City PrisonEdit
- We adjusted the difficulty in both Normal and Veteran versions, which will result in an overall reduction in difficulty for both versions.
- You can now purchase Runeboxes from the Tel Var General Merchants in Imperial City in exchange for a substantial number of Tel Var Stones.
- Runeboxes are special items. Each one has a specific Collectible inside; the three introduced in this update have the Xivkyn Polymorphs that were previously only obtainable through rare drops in other Tel Var-purchased containers.
- Unlike the Collectibles themselves, Runeboxes can be traded, mailed, or sold in Guild Stores.
- Using a Runebox will immediately grant you the associated Collectible; however, you can only use a Runebox if you do not already own the associated Collectible.
- You'll be able to find the Chapters (or rarely, the full Book) for the Thieves Guild crafting style in the Unidentified Equipment boxes obtained as a reward for performing Heists to the Thieves Guild's highest standards.
- The Style Item, "Fine Chalk", or its component "Rough Chalk", can be found in some Thieves Troves.
The inimitable style of Abah's Watch is also now available for crafters to learn, and you can find the Chapters (or rarely, the full Book) in the Large Laundered Shipments obtained from the repeatable quests found in the Thieves Guild hideout.
- The Style Item, a "Polished Shilling", can sometimes be found by pickpocketing any guard throughout the world (not just in Abah's Landing!).
- The Assassins League style is available for aspiring assassins, and chapters can be found by defeating bosses in the Gold Coast area.
- The Style Item, "Tainted Blood" can be refined from Dried Blood, obtained solely from use of the Blade of Woe.
- One's ability to harvest blood from kills with the Blade of Woe is dependent both on their knowledge of the Assassins League style, and their rank in the Dark Brotherhood.
Dark Brotherhood Loyalty Reward: Personality
- The first collectible personality, the Assassin, is available by purchasing the Dark Brotherhood DLC game pack and visiting the Gold Coast! Using this will allow you to take on a new attitude by changing the way you stand, move, and even emote.
In this update, you'll be able to obtain some new item sets from a variety of sources:
There are 3 item sets that are obtained from participating in content from the Gold Coast:
There are also 3 new crafted item sets available from crafting stations located in the Gold Coast:
Four new PvP-based item sets available from the Tel Var Stone vendors in Imperial City, including:
- Swear a blood oath or perform the ritual of the Black Sacrament itself with new mementos that can be unlocked from achievements obtained by playing through the Dark Brotherhood content.
In this update, you'll be able to obtain 3 new titles:
- Silencer: Complete the Dark Brotherhood quest line to take your place as a Silencer.
- Bane of the Gold Coast: Defeat Limenauruus the possessed minotaur, enter the Kvatch Arena and stand victorious, explore Hrota Cave and Garlas Agea, and complete the majority of the quests in the Gold Coast to earn this title.
- Ophidian Overlord: Completing Veteran Sanctum Ophidia while the Trial is scaled to Champion 160 to earn this exclusive new title.
Base Game PatchEdit
- Veteran Rank Removal
- Veteran Ranks have been completely removed from the game in this update! Your strength after level 50 is now based on your number of Champion Points. As Champion Points are gained much faster than Veteran Ranks, this will allow you to advance more rapidly and start getting the best gear in the game faster.
- You'll keep all your hard-earned attribute and skill points you received from gaining Veteran Ranks, and new players will instead earn them while leveling up to level 50.
- You will receive 2 points every level that ends in a 5
- You will receive 3 points every level that ends in a 10
- You will continue to get 1 point for levels 2-49
- You will receive 10 Champion Points as soon as you hit level 50 if your account doesn't have any Champion Points already.
- We will be awarding a one-time bonus of 2.5 Champion Points per Veteran Rank gained on your highest level character when you first log in when Dark Brotherhood is released!
- Each Veteran Rank will grant 2.5 Champion Points, up to a maximum of 40 points at VR16.
- Reaching level 50 with a second character means you can immediately equip gear up to your account's Champion Point value since Champion Points are shared across all characters on an account.
- Old Veteran Rank Items and monsters will now display Champion Points.
- For items, this describes the number of Champion Points required to equip them.
- For monsters, the number of Champion Points describes the monster's strength.
- Every Veteran Rank is equivalent to 10 Champion Points.
- For example: A monster that used to be VR12 will now be Champion Point 120.
- Monsters will now scale up faster in difficulty through veteran zones.
- Experience gain rules will continue to function as they did for Veteran Ranks:
- Mobs 40 Champion Points below your level will grant 75% of their normal XP.
- Mobs 50 or more Champion Points below your level will grant 30% of their normal XP.
- Abilities no longer increase their cost by 1% per Veteran Rank, but will now increase at their normal rate for every 10 Champion points, up to a cap of 160.
- Most abilities will cost about the same, but cost reduction abilities should return more predictable results.
Core mechanics (sprint, dodge, CC break) will now be slightly more expensive.
- Silver and Gold zones have been releveled to account for the increased speed at which you gain Champion Points.
- The Champion Point cap will remain at 501 for this update.
- The Character Select screen now indicates how many Champion Points your account has.
- Item tooltips have been updated to support the removal of Veteran Ranks.
- Level requirements for items previously referencing Veteran Ranks will now reference Champion.
- Gold Value has been moved to the bottom of the tooltip.
- Guild, Friends, and Group lists now display Champion Points for anyone above level 50, rather than their Veteran Rank.
- The XP bar has been modified to show Champion progression after hitting level 50.
Loot history will now include the enlightenment bonus when showing XP gains.
- You can now use the Alchemy system to create a wide array of dangerous poisons! Using new and existing reagents mixed together in a new type of solvent (oils), these poisons can be equipped alongside wielded weapon sets and have a chance to be applied to your enemy when using heavy attacks, light attacks, or weapon abilities.
- Poisons, unlike other equipped items, are consumed as they are applied.
- Poisons are also subject to dilution, with each effect becoming less potent as more effects are added.
- Oils are sourced from various deadly monsters throughout Tamriel.
- The new reagents have been added to many critters and monsters throughout Tamriel, and create multiple new effects for both potions and poisons.
- While a weapon set has a poison equipped, any weapon enchantments on that weapon set are temporarily suppressed.
- Master's Weapons and Maelstrom Weapons have their unique-ability modifying effect suppressed, while their stat bonus is not suppressed.
- Weapon tooltips have been updated to support poisons.
- When a poison is equipped, the weapon enchant and charge will be suppressed and replaced by the poison description and count.
- Added indicators for Armor Durability, and Weapon Charge/Poison.
- When any piece of equipped armor is broken, an indicator will appear near the ability bar.
- When a weapon for your current weapon set has no poisons equipped and runs out of weapon charge, an indicator will appear near the ability bar.
Grouping Tool ImprovementsEdit
- The Grouping Tool has undergone additional improvements for this update. We've taken steps to address disruptive behavior with this tool, such as leaving a group as soon as the dungeon starts or abusing the power of group leader by removing friendly players.
- You can now initiate a Ready Check to ask your group if everyone is ready (no need to jump up and down anymore!)
- A Ready Check will pass if everyone responds yes, fail if someone says no, and fail if it times out. The option to initiate a Ready Check is present in the Group Menu.
- You can type /readycheck into chat to initiate a check.
- Groups can vote to kick party members
- The option to initiate a vote can be found by right clicking a player character's name in the group UI.
- A vote to kick ultimately requires a majority vote and can be initiated by anyone in the group. A 4-player group thus requires 3 votes to remove someone.
- Leaders of groups formed through the Grouping Tool can no longer disband the group or remove other group members.
Added a 15-minute cooldown to re-queueing once you have successfully formed a group.
- Completing the activity you queued for will reset the timer. If you join a group in progress and kill the final boss 4 minutes later, your timer clears. You don't then have to wait another 11 minutes.
- The cooldown will be displayed in the group UI at the bottom when trying to queue for a dungeon.
This is all part of an ongoing process to continue to improve the Grouping Tool – look for additional improvements in future updates!
Item Trait ImprovementsEdit
- Item Traits have undergone revision to improve the viability and balance of each Trait. Some Traits have received complete redesigns, other Traits have gained new effects and bonuses, while some other Traits have simply received better number tuning.
- Charged: This trait now increases your chance to apply status effects instead of increasing the amount of enchantment charges on your weapon.
- Defending: This trait now increases your Physical Resistance and Spell Resistance by flat values instead of percentages.
- Infused: This trait now also reduces the cooldown on your weapon enchantment in addition to increasing its damage.
- Intricate: This trait now also increases the amount of refined materials you obtain whenever you deconstruct the weapon, in addition to increasing the amount of inspiration gained.
- Nirnhoned: This trait now increases the damage of the weapon.
- Powered: This trait now increases your healing done instead of reducing the cooldown on your weapon enchantment.
- Sharpened: This trait now increases your Physical Penetration and Spell Penetration by flat values instead of percentages.
- Training: This trait now increases all experience gained from all kills by a percentage instead of increasing your weapon skill line experience only.
- Weighted: This trait now grants you a chance to gain additional Ultimate whenever you generate Ultimate normally, and has been renamed to Decisive.
- Exploration: This trait now increases all gold gained from monster kills instead of increasing exploration experience gained, and has been renamed to Prosperous.
- Impenetrable: This trait now also reduces the durability damage taken of the item, in addition to reducing the damage taken from Critical Hits.
- Intricate: This trait now also increases the amount of refined materials you obtain whenever you deconstruct the armor, in addition to increasing the amount of inspiration gained.
- Nirnhoned: This trait now increases Physical Resistance and Spell Resistance by a flat value.
- Sturdy: This trait now reduces the cost of Block.
- Training: This trait now increases all experience gained from all kills by a percentage, instead of increasing your armor skill line experience only.
- Well-fitted: This trait now also reduces the cost of Roll Dodge, in addition to reducing the cost of Sprint.
Improved Cyrodiil VendorsEdit
In this update, we've made a number of improvements to the vendors you find in Cyrodiil:
- All armor sold by the Rare Items Merchant (Adhazabi Aba-daro the Golden) in exchange for Alliance Points now has the Impenetrable trait.
- Armor she sells for gold is unchanged, and has either the Infused or Divines trait. (The Divines trait is a new addition.)
- Armorers, Leatherworkers, Clothiers, Weaponsmiths, and Magus vendors in Cyrodiil now sell boxes of green-quality non-set items.
- These boxes have a 10% chance to instead award a blue-quality set item.
- Elite Gear Vendors in Cyrodiil now sell boxes containing blue-quality set items.
- These boxes have a 5% chance to instead award a purple-quality set item.
- For additional details, please see our in-depth post here.
- Items received from these new boxes scale to your level and Champion Point total at the moment you open the box, up to and including Champion 160.
Updates to Sanctum OphidiaEdit
- Venture once again into the depths of Sanctum Ophidia!
- Sanctum Ophidia now features a Normal version in addition to the Veteran version.
- New surprises await as the denizens of the Trial have attracted the aid of a new Bannerman, the Serpent Fang.
- Stonebreaker and Ozara have had their difficulty increased. As a result of this change, their accompanying rewards have been improved.
- Items and Weapon sets obtained in this Trial have been updated to max level, which is now Champion 160.
- Some of the items that now scale to Champion 160 have been rebalanced.
- Sanctum Ophidia will now scale to the level of the Trial leader, much like Dungeons do currently.
When you start the Trial at max level (Champion 160), you will qualify for the Leaderboards.
- Points for Leaderboards are awarded in the same way as other Trials (monster kills, vitality bonus and time).
Extended Inventory for Crafters (Craft Bag)Edit
ESO Plus members will now receive access to an extended inventory for crafters (Craft Bags.)
- The Craft Bag is an additional inventory section which does not count against your inventory limit, is shared across all characters on your account, and can hold an effectively unlimited number of all basic crafting supplies.
- If your membership expires, you will still have access to the resources stored in your Craft Bags, but you will be unable to add any new materials to it.
- Loot that goes to your Craft Bag has a special call out in the Loot History.
Crafting Materials from your inventory and account bank will automatically go to your Craft Bag upon the first login of each of your characters.
- Items can be manually retrieved from the Craft Bag in maximum stacks of 200. Retrieved items can also be manually stowed back into the Craft Bags.
- When accessing your Craft Bag, everyone around you will see you rummaging through an ornate bag that is different than the default backpack.
- Please Note: When you have a very large number of items in the Craft Bag, the UI will abbreviate the item count (ex. 1.1k Simple Bait). Selecting a specific item will show you the exact number in the tooltip.
- Equipment can now be locked to prevent accidental deletions, which will prevent you from destroying it, converting it to Imperial, and marking it as junk.
- If playing using a keyboard/mouse, right-click the item and select Lock. In Gamepad mode, press Y/Triangle on an item to bring up Actions for that item, then select Lock.
- Locking an item will remove it from the following:
- Vendor – Sell
- Guild Store – List
- Mail – Send Mail
- Guild Bank - Deposit
- Craft Stations – Deconstruct, Improvement, Research
- The list of available item actions has also been reordered to put more commonly used actions towards the top.
New Collectible Functionality & ChangesEdit
Brand New Categories
- Hats: These fashionable new additions are cosmetic and work just like other costumes.
- Personalities: Take on a new attitude by changing the way you stand, move, and even some emotes
- Modular Usage
- You can now apply multiple collectibles simultaneously!
- Polymorphs and skins have been separated out from the costume category, and two new categories (hats and personalities) have been added.
- This means you can have a hat, costume, skin, and personality all applied at the same time! And of course, you can combine these with your existing equipment to create your perfect look.
- The Costumes category has been renamed to Appearance.
- An indicator will appear next to each sub-category when something from that category is visible on your character.
- Equipment and Collectibles that are hidden now have information in the tooltip communicating their hidden status.
- Polymorphs override all other appearance change options with the exception of personalities.
- Collectibles in Character Select
- Active Appearance Collectibles (Hats, Personalities, Polymorphs, Costumes, Skins) can now be seen from the Character *Select screen, in addition to your active mount and/or pet!
- Viridian Venom is a new dye acquired by learning all of the Alchemy traits on the new reagents introduced with Poison-Making.
Additional Character SlotsEdit
- You will now be able to purchase additional character slots through the in-game Crown Store!
- You'll be able to purchase up to four additional slots. Once you buy the maximum amount, the option will be greyed out.
- Information about purchasable character slots will appear on the Character Select screen when you max out your character slots, and there are additional slots available for purchase.
- Note: You can purchase additional slots any time, not just when you're maxed out.
- A new option for Nameplates has been added to the Settings menu. This controls the display of character names or UserIDs, Alliance icons, and health bars above characters in the world.
- These settings can be toggled for Self, Group Members, Friendly NPCs, Friendly Players, Enemy NPCs, and Enemy Players.
- Names are off by default.
- Defaults for existing health bar settings remain unchanged in that they show up for injured player characters and enemies.
- There are new health bar settings for group members and damage that are on by default.
- Defaults for Indicators remain unchanged.
- You can control when nameplates display on any of the above units, and when they highlight on any of those units.
Nameplates can be set to show player's titles if they have one selected. Nameplates can be set to show guild names as well.
- Guild names are shown based on the guild tabard you are wearing.
- Character and UserID Display
- You will now see both the character name and UserID when targeting another player character, and when receiving most notifications from other players.
An option for Display Name has been added to the Interface section. This setting controls which name is listed first when both names are listed (e.g. Target Frame), and which name is shown when only one name is shown (e.g. Group Frame).
Character Sheet on Gamepad Mode
The character sheet has been broken up into two new sections:
Attributes: Contains combat related stats Description: Contains non-combat related stats We also added XP progress to the next level, as well as Enlightened information to the Description section.
We've implemented a number of changes and improvements to Enchanting:
Enchantment glyphs no longer have an upper limit on the equipment they can be applied to. This means a lower level enchantment can now be applied to a higher level piece of gear. Each harvestable runestone is guaranteed to contain an Essence and an Aspect rune, and one third of the runestones you find will also contain a Potency rune. Half the time, when you find a Potency rune it will be scaled to your combat level, and the other half of the time it will be scaled to your rank in the Potency Improvement passive. Every tier of both polarities of potency is now available for purchase from any enchanting vendor, including Alliance Point enchanting vendors. The overall power of weapon enchantments has been significantly increased. All Enchanting Runes can now be sold to vendors for at least 1 gold.
Resource nodes that spawn in battle leveled zones (such as Orsinium or the Gold Coast) now come in two varieties and provide crafting resources based on either your combat level or your rank in the associated material-use passive.
- When the resource node spawns, it has an even chance to be based on either level or passive rank.
For example, if you are Level 3 and have purchased Metalworking up to Rank 5, half the ore nodes found in scaled zones will be Iron, and half will be Ebony.
- We have begun an effort to improve clipping and floating issues seen with a large amount of our armors and costumes. *A test batch of updated armors will be available with this patch. In each of the cases listed, there should be a significant improvement with shoulder pad and tasset floating/clipping. We will target additional armors for future updates based on your feedback.
Affected Styles are:
- Undaunted Armor and Motif
- Dark Brotherhood Light, Medium, and Heavy Armor
- Aldmeri/Daggerfall/Ebonheart Alliance Armor and Motifs
Combat Animation Prioritization
- We adjusted the combat animation priority so that you will see impacts and effects for each ability and attack fired when played in rapid succession, without it affecting DPS. Blocking mechanics have been excluded from this change based on feedback from the last PTS testing cycle.
- When stealing from an NPC, their profession is now displayed on the pickpocket prompt. An NPC's profession influences the type of goods they are likely to be carrying, so picking the pocket of a Priest (or Cultist!) gives you a better chance at religious goods than stealing from a Scholar or a Smith.
Quick Cast Ground AbilitiesEdit
Added a new interface option to change the way ground targeted spells are cast.
- This option can be found under Settings > Gameplay > Quick Cast Ground Abilities
- Changing this to "On" means that all ground targeted abilities will cast immediately in the location of your mouse cursor.
- Changing this to "Off" means that all ground targeted abilities will require you to click the mouse to select where the ability is cast.
- This feature defaults to "Automatic" which preserves the current in-game functionality for ground targeted abilities (Ultimates cast instantly at your cursor, and normal abilities require a mouse click).
- Upon completing or skipping the tutorial (Wailing Prison), new characters will now appear on the starter island for their alliance: Bleakrock Isle for Ebonheart Pact characters, Khenarthi's Roost for Aldmeri Dominion characters, and Stros M'Kai for Daggerfall Covenant characters. You can take a boat from your starter island to your alliance's first major city, at any time.
FIXES & IMPROVEMENTS, IMPERIAL CITY DLC GAME PACKEdit
Combat & GameplayEdit
- Removed the gate on the Arena coliseum.
- The spawn rates for monsters in the Temple District and General Kryozote's wing of the Imperial Sewers will now adjust correctly according to monsters slain (previously, they would always wait the maximum time).
- District Flags in Imperial City can now only be influenced by a maximum of 1 player character instead of 5 player characters.
- Spider Daedra that appear in certain events in the Nobles District now drop appropriate Spider Daedra loot, and are correctly vulnerable to attacks that affect Daedra.
- Flesh Colossus
- Stumble Forward no longer displays telegraph cones, but will still strike multiple targets.
- Gati the Storm Sister
- Storm Shadows can no longer be interrupted.
- Nullify Silence and Pet Stun now last 2 seconds, increased from 0.65 seconds.
- Otholug gro-Goldfolly
- Aspect of Terror can no longer be interrupted.
- Aspect of Terror's fear effect can now be dodged along with the rest of the ability.
- Aspect of Terror now has a shorter cast time, and can only hit one target.
- Aspect of Terror no longer affects the targeted player character before it actually hits.
- Blocking Fright Force is now more intuitive.
- Patrolling Horrors
- Daedric Arch scamps summoned by Baron Thirsk now have less health.
- Amoncrul: Antimagic Reduced the field that targets player characters and the monster itself to two player characters from three.
- Baron Thirsk
- Reduced the amount of health that Blend into Shadows heals Baron Thirsk for to 2% of his health over 5 seconds from 7% over 3 seconds.
- Immolator Charr: Regeneration no longer heals Immolator Charr to full health.
- Mazaluhad: Zombies now explode for three times as much damage.
- Screeching Matron
- Devour now deals more damage, and no longer heals for the initial hit.
- Burning Ground no longer creates three telegraphs for each flame circle, and now hits half as often.
- Crazed Claw deals slightly less damage.
- Ysenda Resplendant: Your health will no longer desync while fighting Ysenda Resplendant.
- Zoal the Ever-Wakeful: Shocking Gaze now hits every second instead of twice per second.
- Mind Spike now works like Clairvoyance and matches the indicated telegraph, and suppresses all forms of stealth. Unlike Clairvoyance, Mind Spike remains in combat.
- Xivkyn Elite
- Drain Essence now heals for 5% of the maximum health if your character dies while being drained.
- Enraged Strike now deals significantly less damage.
- Fire Runes now hit less often.
- Force Pulse now deals far more damage.
- Reduced the shield from Healing Shield. It now absorbs 4% of the monster's health in damage against 4 players, down from 12%. Healing Shield also now heals less damage over time.
- Lava Whip's cast time is now much longer and can be blocked.
- Rotating Reflective Shield no longer damages and knocks back melee and ranged physical attacks.
- While green, Rotating Reflective Shield now reduces damage from melee attacks and reflects ranged physical attacks.
- While blue, Rotating Reflective shield reflects spell projectiles.
- Standing in a Lich Crystal now deals more damage. The detonation damage from the Lich Crystal remains unchanged.
- Steel Cyclone now deals far more damage per hit.
- Teleport Strike is no longer immediately followed by another attack when it hits.
- Vampiric Ground no longer heals for the first two hits after placement; it now deals less damage for the first two hits, and more damage starting with the third.
Dungeons & Group ContentEdit
- Lord Warden Dusk will no longer banish you when you use a movement-based ability.
- The Flesh Sculptor's health bar will no longer disappear near the central pool.
- Two player characters will no longer be able to use the same lever at the same time to open a gate leading to Lord Warden's Council. Two separate switches must now be used in conjunction.
- Enemies will now be able to pass through gates that have been opened near the Lord Warden's Council.
- The visual effects from Lord Warden Dusk's ability Shadow Nova will no longer get stuck on screen and/or in the ground.
- The Planar Inhibitor will no longer interrupt her Magma Diver ability when you use the pinion.
A quest pin will now be displayed indicating where Daggerfall Covenant player characters can turn in their pledge for Imperial City Prison and White-Gold Tower.
Exploration & ItemizationEdit
- Updated the goods sold by Tel Var Stone merchants to include many more set items and rare goods.
Due to recent landscaping changes, many of the fishing holes in the Imperial City have been relocated to other nearby locations.
- Updated the locations and achievement hints for two Imperial City skyshards, to account for changes to the battlefield around them.
- Set pieces obtained from the Trophy Vaults in Imperial City Prison and White-Gold Tower can now drop with Sturdy, Training, or Prosperous traits, in addition to the previous Infused, Divines, Well-Fitted, and Reinforced traits.
Quests & ZonesEdit
- Knowledge is Power: The quest objective marker for this quest will now appear in the correct place.
- The Lock and the Legion: Summoned pets will no longer mimic Captain Regilus' lines.
FIXES & IMPROVEMENTS, ORSINIUM DLC GAME PACKEdit
Art & AnimationEdit
- Malacath Armor: Equipping the Malacath medium helmet will no remove your facial hair.
- Trinimac Armor: Fixed a texture-related issue for the shoulders of the Trinimac light armors when certain hoods were equipped. We also fixed an issue where you would see severely-distorted textures when your arms were raised or in combat idle while wearing the heavy torso.
Combat & GameplayEdit
- Fixed an issue with the collision with the domesticated bear.
- Echalettes no longer have collision.
- The off-balance indicator no longer displays upside-down for Dwarven Sentries in turret-mode.
- Divine Leap no longer results in the NPC being untargetable for several seconds after he lands.
Exploration & ItemizationEdit
These weapons now drop from the Daily Recompense boxes obtained for completing dailies in Orsinium, just as the armors and jewelry of those sets do.
- The chance to obtain non-set items from these boxes has been reduced to make room for these weapons.
- Fixed an issue that was causing NPC pockets to appear empty more often than intended in Wrothgar after pickpocketing several NPCs in the area.
- Improved the rewards for Maelstrom Arena so now every level of the Arena is guaranteed to grant a set item.
- Note: The only exception is the final Arena on Veteran mode, which may still drop a Maelstrom Weapon instead.
- Maelstrom Arena leaderboard rewards are now guaranteed to contain a Maelstrom Weapon, and have an additional 50% chance to award a piece of Jewelry as well.
- Expanded the weapons awarded through the Maelstrom Arena leaderboard to include a wider variety of Traits, including Nirnhoned.
Quests & ZonesEdit
- The Merchant and Friendship Gates will now take you to Bangkorai and Stormhaven, respectively, and there is a new cart in Orsinium to return you to your alliance's main city.
- Carts to Orsinium in Vulkhel Guard, Davon's Watch, and Daggerfall will bring you to the Merchant's Gate until you complete the quest "Invitation to Orsinium."
- Doing so will then teleport you to the cart in Orsinium.
Fixed an issue in which entire rounds of monsters could spawn within the Arena.
- A Question of Succession: The truffles are now easier to interact with once uncovered.
- Blood on a King's Hands: Kurog will now wait to finish speaking before he leaps down from the platform.
- Draugr Dilemma: The quest assists for the sarcophagus will now always display.
FIXES & IMPROVEMENTS, THIEVES GUILD DLC GAME PACKEdit
Art & AnimationEdit
- Pirharri the Smuggler will no longer look up at the sky while you interact with her.
- Cleaned up several visible seams and texture issues on NPCs found throughout the Thieves Guild.
Abah's Watch Armor:
- Improved any visible clipping during various animations when heavy armor is worn by female player characters.
- Cleaned up some stretched textures visible on the shoulderpads of the heavy armor.
- Improved the textures for the arm guards and elbow pads.
- Thieves Guild Armor: Fixed an issue that could cause a visible gap between the lower legs and feet of the light armor robe.
- Fixed an issue that was causing Anton Jenole's face to not display.
- Added collision to a wall in the Iron Wheel headquarters that was allowing you to exit incorrectly.
- Fixed an issue that would cause deadfall traps to suddenly pop out of existence after being triggered.
Fire Traps in the Iron Wheel Headquarters will now display the burn for the duration of the fire.
- Various merchants in Hew's Bane now have the proper voiceovers.
- The stewards of the Fighters and Mages Guilds in Abah's Landing now have the correct voiceovers.
Combat & GameplayEdit
- Clairvoyant circles are now revealed while hiding, even if you did not start hiding while crouched.
- You may now use the Footpads associated with the Timely Escape passive even while stunned, as intended.
- Fixed an issue with the collision with domesticated camels.
- Encase, cast by guards, will no longer hit anyone who is not actually in combat with the guard.
Crafting & EconomyEdit
- The cooking fires outside of The Hew's Mane and The Serpent and the Senche taverns can now be used for Provisioning.
Dungeons & Group ContentEdit
Maw of Lorkhaj TrialEdit
- Boss 1: Zhaj'hassa the Forgotten
- Items from Zhaj'hassa the Forgotten will now scale all the way up to Champion 160.
- Boss 3: Rakkhat, the Fang of Lorkhaj
- Fixed an extremely rare issue where Rakkhat would to fail to drop items on Normal mode.
- The following effects from monsters can no longer be blocked or dodged:
- Fixed an issue where several objects were mislabeled as bottles.
- Quest assists in Shark's Teeth Grotto will now display consistently.
Exploration & ItemizationEdit
- Various books from areas closed off during quests have been placed in the world to aid those working on Eidetic Memory.
- Fixed an issue so loot from certain chests in Maw of Lorkhaj are now scaled based on the level of the instance.
- Fixed an issue where one of the locations for the “Flesh to Cut from Bone" Mages Guild book was completely submerged in water.
- Fixed an issue that was causing NPC pockets to appear empty more often than intended in Hew's Bane after pickpocketing several NPCs in the area.
- The Time Trial achievement for Veteran Maw of Lorkhaj now begins at the same time the on-screen message appears stating that the Trial has started.
Quests & ZonesEdit
- Fixed various areas throughout Hew's Bane where you could escape the intended playable space.
Shops found in Abah's Landing now have more signs!
- Fixed various typos found throughout dialogue.
- Improved and polished various theater moments and conversations throughout the main quest content.
- Some NPCs with levitation powers have been moved to actual chairs.
- Fixed various interior areas that mistakenly had exterior-type lighting.
- Kari, found near the Tip Board, will no longer appear twice.
- Fixed an issue where you could get stuck in Silver-Claw's Office.
- The location "Placations of Zeht" is now more accurately reflected on the map.
- Fixed various locations where you could get stuck.
- Improved the camera behavior at several crafting stations in Hew's Bane.
The difficulty level of Deadhollow Halls is now more consistent with the other Heists.
- A Faded Flower: You can no longer speak to Narahni before her scene is completed.
- A Flawless Plan: The crew in the tomb will now react more appropriately to Lakayd.
- All Hands on Deck: Chief Inspector Rhanbiq no longer has a chance to appear twice.
- Forever Hold Your Peace:
- Partners in Crime: You will no longer get trapped inside the homestead if you backtrack after reaching the catacombs.
- Shell Game: Quest assists will now point you to the correct area in the Velmont Mansion.
- That Which Was Lost:
- Only those actively on this quest will be able to find Erendette's account notes.
- Stealing the debt page will now be shared with your group members.
- The Covetous Countess: Shudeya and Esdeline Sourt are no longer standing on top of each other; that was pretty rude behavior.
- The Shark's Teeth: The sigil on Suicide Cliff will now always appear when painted on.
FIXES & IMPROVEMENTS, BASE GAME PATCHEdit
- Keeps now have XP rewards based on kills in the area, much like the Alliance Point pool rewards.
This pool is rewarded to players that defend a keep or capture an enemy keep.
- Forward Camps can no longer be deployed in your starter locations in Cyrodiil.
- You no longer can tab-target siege weapons.
- You can now choose to unassign yourself from a campaign entirely.
- All new player characters can now join their first campaign and change their first campaign for free.
- The Cyrodiil quests unlocked with the Bounty Hunter passive have been changed to Daily Quests instead of Repeatable Quests.
- The experience awarded by those quests has been increased, and they also award Alliance Points and an Ornate item which can be sold for gold.
- Increased the chance to receive a piece of Jewelry from the Cyrodiil leaderboard rewards to 50%.
Expanded the rewards for those in the top 2% of the leaderboard to include a wider variety of Traits, including Nirnhoned.
- Fixed an issue where the Rewards for the Worthy mail was granting less gold than intended for some player characters.
- Adhazabi Aba-daro now vanishes as spectacularly as she appears.
You may have witnessed Adhazabi Aba-daro's aides passing through solid objects. This no longer occurs.
- We've relocated a large number of older item sets from the standard Cyrodiil vendors. These can now be found in containers sold by the Elite Gear Vendors at each of the Alliance home bases for 20,000 AP..
- For additional details, please see our in-depth posts here and here
Art & AnimationEdit
- Guild tabards are now overridden by costumes, instead of the reverse.
- Fixed an issue where the “Yawn" emote was not functioning.
- Fixed some noticeable visible seams that were between parts on several armors and costumes.
- Made several improvements on many armor sets to improve the overall fit or clipping issues when worn by Argonian and Khajiit player characters.
- Fixed clipping issues with armor worn on hands (paws?) and toes on Argonian and Khajiit player characters.
- When you equip Cadwell's Helm of Heroism, the hair displayed underneath will be representative of your currently selected length and color.
- The Dwarven light armor head mask will now have better fitment with less clipping on various player character races and body types.
- Argonian armor: Improved the overall fit of the helm on female Argonian player characters so their eyes will no longer be covered.
- Dunmer armor: Medium helms will no longer look as squished and enlarged on Argonian and Khajiit player characters.
- Dwemer armor:
- Light helms will no longer float away from your face or clip into heads of larger Argonian player characters.
- Medium helms will no longer look as squished and enlarged on Argonian and Khajiit player characters.
- Ebonheart Light Alliance Armor: Fixed an issue that was causing masks to clip through the chin and hood when worn by some male player characters.
- Golden Saint armor: Improved the previously-visible clipping when worn by large male humanoid characters.
- Imperial armor: Medium helms will no longer clip when worn by Argonian and Khajiit characters.
- Imperial Daedric armor: Elbow pads will no longer clip when in first-person mode.
- Soul Shriven armor: Fixed an issue that was causing arrows in the quiver to visibly clip through the bow when the weapon is docked.
- Yokudan armor: Removing foot armor or wearing boots with no knee pads will no longer cause your elbow pads to disappear.
- Fixed many issues with clipping, collision, seams and floating objects throughout the entirety of the game.
- Reduced the dark aura around crouching characters.
- Fixed an issue that was causing some effects from mounts to not to display on the Character Select screen.
- Improved the alignment of various weapon visual effects for several weapon sets including Abah's Watch and Malacath.
- Fixed a number of cases where audio wasn't playing properly for certain monsters and abilities.
- Polished the audio for many of the abilities.
- Polished many locations where the sound and/or music didn't quite fit the space or, in some cases, was missing entirely.
- Improved the audio used by a number of monsters, critters and objects in the world.
- Fixed a number mismatched or erroneous text/voice-over pairings throughout the game.
Combat & GameplayEdit
In addition to the notes below, we encourage you to read the following Developer posts about changes to Combat and in the Dark Brotherhood base-game patch.
Dark Brotherhood Combat ChangesEdit
Detailed Explanation of Block Cost Changes
- We have made server-side adjustments to prevent certain abilities from being cast while ignoring resource cost and/or cooldowns. Please note: The game client may still play the ability animations, but the ability will not actually fire off.
- Abilities that heal based on their damage done (Strife, Puncturing Sweeps, etc.) will no longer “double dip" in the Critical Strike modifier.
- The damage from these abilities can still Critically Strike, but the healing will no longer be able to roll for an additional Critical Strike chance.
- All pets and summons will now have 5000 additional health in PvP areas.
- In addition to the Area of Effect damage reduction and PvP damage reduction, summoned pets now cannot take more than 45% of their Maximum Life in a single hit.
- Break Free no longer removes or provides immunity to silence effects.
- This change mainly applies to the Negate Magic player ability, as most content and monster-based silence effects were already unbreakable.
- Fixed an issue where you were able to block the damage over time from various player abilities, such as Poison Arrow or Unstable Flame.
- Fixed an issue where the resource return values from Heavy Attacks were not scaling upwards after level 50.
- Fixed numerous ability tooltips for grammar, spelling, and formatting. Any significant tooltip revisions will be called out specifically below.
- Fixed numerous issues with abilities displaying incorrect or placeholder icons in the Active Effects window, or with the bufftrackers of various player-created addons.
- Fixed an issue that was causing the initial staff animation for Rapid Regeneration and several other spells to fire off twice in rapid succession.
- Ability costs are now color coded in the tooltip.
- Magicka costs are light blue
- Stamina costs are yellow-green
- Made improvements to charge abilities (Shield Charge, Critical Charge, etc.) to improve their reliably and responsiveness. This is part of an ongoing effort to improve charge abilities.
- Fixed an issue where several abilities (such as Daedric Curse or Weapon Enchantment damage procs) were causing your health bar to become desynced.
- The Minor Resolve and Minor Ward buff categories will now increase your Physical Resistance and Spell Resistance by 1320 at Champion Point 160, up from 990.
- The Minor Fracture and Minor Breach debuff categories will now decrease your target's Physical Resistance and Spell Resistance by 1320 at Champion Point 160, up from 1188.
- Fixed an issue where the skill and attribute respec shrines were not correctly calculating costs.
- Fixed an issue where passives abilities that modified the duration of active abilities were not functioning correctly.
- Burning Breath (Fiery Breath morph): Renamed this morph to Noxious Breath. In addition, this morph now deals Poison Damage instead of Flame Damage.
- Kindling: Renamed this passive ability to Combustion. In addition, this passive ability now also increases the damage of the Poisoned status effect, in addition to the Burning status effect.
- Noxious Breath (Fiery Breath morph): This morph now has a new icon.
- Unstable Flame (Searing Strike morph): Renamed this morph to Venomous Claw. In addition, this morph now deals Poison Damage instead of Flame Damage.
- Venomous Claw (Searing Strike morph): This morph now has a new icon.
- World in Flame: Renamed this passive ability to World in Ruin. In addition, this passive ability now also increases the damage of Poison area of effect abilities, in addition to Flame area of effect abilities.
- Corrosive Armor (Magma Armor morph): This morph now deals Poison Damage instead of Flame Damage. It now also has a new icon.
- Fossilize (Petrify morph):
- Reduced the duration of the root applied from this morph after the disorient ends to 3 seconds at all ranks from 2.5/3/3.5/4 seconds at ranks I/II/III/IV respectively.
- Fossilize now deals slightly more damage as it ranks up.
- Updated the visual effects for the root from this morph to be more visually obvious.
- Fragmented Shield (Obsidian Shield morph): In addition to the changes made to the base ability, we also increased the damage this morph deals when the shield expires or is removed by 30%.
- Obsidian Shield: Reduced the duration of this ability and its morphs to 6 seconds from 20 seconds.
- Death Stroke: Reduced the damage of this ability and its morphs by 4.5%.
- Incapacitating Strike (Death Stroke morph): This morph now always stuns the target when it is used, regardless of the caster's health. This morph now also deals Disease Damage instead of Magic Damage.
- Killer's Blade (Assassin's Blade morph): This morph now deals Disease Damage instead of Magic Damage.
- Lotus Fan (Teleport Strike morph): Fixed an issue where the damage over time applied by this morph was not being correctly suppressed by invisibility effects such as Shadow Cloak.
- Relentless Focus (Grim Focus morph): This morph's spectral bow proc has been renamed to “Assassin's Scourge", and now deals Disease Damage instead of Magic Damage.
- Teleport Strike: Reduced the damage of this ability and its morphs by 6.5%.
- Shadow Cloak: Fixed an issue where this ability and its morphs could be used to completely negate the Meteor ability.
- Power Extraction (Drain Power morph): This morph now deals Disease Damage instead of Physical Damage.
- Absorption Field (Negate Magic morph): Redesigned this morph so it now heals you and your allies standing within the area of effect, in addition to stunning or silencing enemies.
- Dark Exchange: Increased the amount of resources gained from this ability and its morphs: Health by 100%, Stamina and Magicka by 75%.
- Suppression Field (Negate Magic morph): Redesigned this morph so it now damages enemies standing within the area of effect, in addition to stunning or silencing enemies. Also fixed an issue where the damage from this morph could not critically strike.
- Fixed an issue where many Sorcerer pets did not have any Physical Resistance. They will now all have a normalized amount of Physical Resistance equal to their Spell Resistance.
- Bound Armor: This ability and its morphs no longer permanently change your appearance when they are toggled on; instead, they now only display a brief visual effect when toggled on.
- Conjured Ward: Reduced the duration of this ability and the Hardened Ward morph to 6 seconds from 20 seconds.
- Empowered Ward (Conjured Ward morph): Reduced the duration of this morph to 8 seconds from 20 seconds.
- Expert Summoner:
- Redesigned this passive ability so it now grants you 4/8% more maximum health whenever you have a Daedric Summoning pet active.
- This passive ability's old bonuses are now baseline effects for your pets.
- Renamed this passive ability to Implosion.
- This passive ability now also grants all Physical Damage you deal a chance to instantly pulverize low health enemies, dealing additional Physical Damage to them.
- Updated this passive's tooltip to indicate what the health threshold is for it to trigger.
- Energized: This passive ability now also increases your Physical Damage done in addition to the Shock Damage done.
- Implosion: Fixed an issue where this passive ability could not critically strike.
- Mage's Fury:
- This ability and its morphs will now be more responsive when proccing their execute damage explosion.
- This ability and its morphs now proc their execute damage explosion when the target is at or below 20% Health, instead of only below 20% Health.
- This ability and its morphs have had some minor visual FX improvements made and bugs fixed.
- This ability and its morphs now restore a flat value of health whenever you deal a Critical Strike. It will now also proc on any Critical Strike instead of only direct damage Critical Strikes, but can only restore health once every second.
- This ability and the Power Surge morph have also had their healing increased by approximately 30%
- Thundering Presence (Lightning Form morph):
- Renamed this morph to Hurricane.
- Redesigned this morph so it now increases the size and damage of the periodic effect the longer it is active, increasing up to 225% more damage and up to 9 meters in size.
- This morph now deals Physical Damage instead of Shock Damage.
- Burning Light: This passive ability now deals Physical Damage or Magic Damage, based on whether your Weapon Damage or Spell Damage is higher respectively.
- Cleansing Ritual: This ability now always removes 2 harmful effects from the casting Templar as a baseline effect, increased from 1 harmful effect.
- Extended Ritual (Cleansing Ritual morph): Increased this morph's duration to 18/20/22/24 seconds at Ranks I/II/III/IV respectively, from 16/18/20/22 seconds. We also increased the amount of negative effects cleansed from the casting Templar to 5 from 2.
- Focused Healing:
- Renamed this passive ability to Sacred Ground.
- This passive ability has gained a new effect. In addition to providing the Minor Mending buff, it now also reduces the Movement Speed of enemies by 15/30% whenever they stand in your Cleansing Ritual, Rune Focus, or Rite of Passage area of effects.
- Purifying Ritual (Cleansing Ritual morph): Renamed this morph to Ritual of Retribution, In addition, we redesigned this morph so it now damages enemies in its area of effect every 2 seconds for the same amount that it heals allies.
- Ritual of Retribution (Cleansing Ritual morph): This morph now also increases the amount of healing done to you and your allies by 20%; the damage done to enemies has been increased to match this value.
- Rushed Ceremony: This ability and its morphs can no longer heal allies through walls and other line of sight blockers.
- Cleave: Increased the damage over time from this ability and its morphs by 20%.
- Executioner (Reverse Slash morph): Redesigned this morph so it no longer passively increases the damage of all Two Handed abilities while slotted; instead, it increases the scaling bonus damage to low health targets to a maximum of 335/340/345/350% more damage at Ranks I/II/III/IV, increased from 300%.
- Forward Momentum (Momentum morph): Increased the duration of the snare and immobilization immunity provided by this morph to 5/6/7/8 seconds at Ranks I/II/III/IV from 2/2.5/3/3.5 seconds.
- Reverse Slice (Reverse Slash morph): Increased the splash damage percentage from this morph to 59/61/63/65% at Ranks I/II/III/IV from 41/42/43/44%.
- Uppercut: This ability and the Wrecking Blow morph no longer knockback and stun enemies hit.
- Dizzying Swing will no longer apply the Minor Maim debuff to enemies hit; instead, it will add a knockback and stun to the ability.
One Hand and ShieldEdit
- Defensive Stance (Defensive Posture morph): Fixed an issue where this morph's stun effect would trigger on every reflection if you layered Defensive Stance with any other reflect ability.
- Fortress: Increased the block cost reduction from this passive ability to 18/36% at Ranks I/II from 15/30%.
- Power Bash: The disorient from this ability and the Reverberating Bash morph has been removed, but the stun has been increased to 3 seconds, up from 2 seconds.
- Power Slam (Power Bash morph): This morph has been redesigned. It deals significantly increased damage, but it no longer stuns your target. Blocking an attack increases the damage of your next Power Slam even further.
- Blade Cloak: Fixed an issue where this ability and its morphs were not dealing their final tick of damage; they will now tick 6 times over their full duration instead of just 5 times.
- Blinding Flurry (Flurry morph):
- Renamed this morph to Bloodthirst.
- In addition to the changes made to the base ability, this morph has been redesigned so it now heals you for 60% of the damage done with the final hit.
- Deadly Cloak (Blade Cloak morph): Redesigned this morph so it no longer grants a thrown knife on activation; instead, it increases the area of effect damage by 70%.
- Reduced the channel durations for this ability and its morphs to 0.6 seconds from 1.3 seconds, and also now hit 5 times instead of 6.
- Reduced the overall damage and costs to compensate the above changes.
Note: The total DPS when using these abilities should remain unchanged.
- Hidden Blade: Increased the amount of time this ability and its morphs provide the Major Brutality buff to 20 seconds from 10 seconds.
- Rapid Strikes (Flurry morph): In addition to the changes made to the base ability, the increase in damage for each subsequent hit has been increased to 3% more damage, up from 2% more damage, to account for the decrease in total hits.
- Note: This morph continues to increase the damage of subsequent hits as a morph effect.
- Shrouded Daggers (Hidden Blade morph): In addition to the changes made to the base ability, the two dagger bounces of this morph now deal 20% additional damage per bounce from the initial damage, increased from dealing a flat 50% of the initial damage.
- Draining Shot (Scatter Shot morph): Redesigned this morph so it now heals you when the disorient ends.
- Poison Arrow:
- Increased the damage over time from this ability and its morphs by 12%.
- Fixed an issue where this ability and its morphs were not applying their damage over time to targets that blocked or absorbed the damage.
- Scorched Earth (Volley morph):
- Renamed this morph to Endless Hail.
- Redesigned this morph so it now increases the duration of the arrow volley to 10 seconds, reduces the cost, and deals Physical Damage instead of Flame Damage.
- Volley: Fixed an issue where the visual effects from this ability and its morphs were not displaying when you cast it while silenced.
- Elemental Susceptibility (Weakness to Elements morph): Fixed an issue where the visual effects were not being refreshed whenever the debuff from this morph was refreshed.
- Steadfast Ward: This ability and its morphs can no longer shield allies through walls and other line of sight blockers.
- Annulment: Reduced the duration of this ability and its morphs to 6 seconds from 20 seconds. In addition, this ability and its morphs now absorb all damage instead of just spell damage.
- Note: The Harness Magicka morph will continue to return Magicka only when spell damage is absorbed as a morph effect.
- Renamed this passive ability to Wrath.
- Redesigned this passive ability so it now increases your Weapon and Spell Damage by 10/20 for 6 seconds after taking damage at Ranks I/II respectively, stacking up to 10 times.
- Constitution: Increased the amount of Magicka and Stamina restored from this passive ability whenever you are hit by approximately 275%.
- Juggernaut: Increased the amount of maximum health this passive grants per piece of Heavy Armor to 1/2% at Ranks I/II from 0.5/1%.
- Rapid Mending:
- This passive ability no longer increments its bonuses with each piece of Heavy Armor, and now requires 5 pieces or more of Heavy Armor to be worn.
- Increased the healing taken bonus to 4/8%
- This ability now increases the amount of resources your Heavy Attacks restore by 25/50% at Ranks I/II.
- Dark Stalker:
- This passive ability now only functions when you are in Vampire Stage 4.
- Fixed an issue where this passive's Movement Speed bonus while in crouch was not applying reliably.
- Updated the tooltip of this passive to better describe its bonuses.
- Drain Essence: This ability and its morphs now tick 3 times over their channel durations, down from 4, but their damage per tick has been increased and they now restore 20% of your missing health per tick to compensate.
- Mist Form:
- This ability and its morphs now remove previously applied snares and immobilizations, in addition to making you immune to any new ones while active.
- Increased the cost of this ability and its morphs by approximately 5%.
- Updated the tooltip for this ability and its morphs to indicate it has always disabled your Magicka Recovery while active.
- Poison Mist (Mist Form morph):
- Renamed this morph to Baleful Mist.
- In addition to the changes made to the base ability, this morph now ticks and deals damage every second instead of every 1.5 seconds, causing it to deal damage 1 additional time over its duration.
- This morph now deals Magic Damage instead of Poison Damage.
- Supernatural Recovery: This passive ability no longer requires a Vampire ability to be slotted, and now only functions when you are in Vampire Stage 2 or higher.
- Undeath: This passive ability now only functions when you are in Vampire Stage 3 or higher.
- Increased the timer to advance each Vampire Stage to 6 hours from 30 minutes, but casting any Vampire ability will advance this timer by 30 minutes. Feeding as a Vampire will continue to lower your Vampire Stage by 1.
- Vampire Stage benefits and penalties are now as follows:
- Stage 1: 0% Flame Damage taken, 0% Vampire Ability cost reduction, 0% Health Recovery reduction
- Stage 2: 15% Flame Damage taken, 7% Vampire Ability cost reduction, 25% Health Recovery reduction
- Stage 3: 20% Flame Damage taken, 14% Vampire Ability cost reduction, 50% Health Recovery reduction
- Stage 4: 25% Flame Damage taken, 21% Vampire Ability cost reduction, 75% Health Recovery reduction
- Call of the Pack: Redesigned this passive ability so it now reduces the cost of staying in Werewolf form by 10/20% for each transformed Werewolf in your group, including yourself, up to a maximum of 40/80% at Ranks I/II.
- Pack Leader (Werewolf Transformation morph): Redesigned this morph so it now summons 2 dire wolf companions to fight by your side for the duration of your transformation. If killed, the dire wolves will return after 16/14/12/10 seconds at Ranks I/II/III/IV respectively.
- Roar: Fixed an issue where the fear from this ability and its morphs was not applying CC-immunity at the end of its duration.
- Werewolf Berserker (Werewolf Transformation morph): Updated the visuals for this morph so it now transforms you into a black-furred Werewolf with red eyes.
- Werewolf Transformation: Fixed an issue where the fear from this ability and its morphs was not applying CC-immunity at the end of its duration.
- Banish the Wicked: This passive ability now grants Ultimate whenever you kill Werewolves, as well as Undead and Daedra.
- Camouflaged Hunter (Expert Hunter morph): In addition to the changes made to the base ability, this morph now also grants the Minor Berserk buff for 5/6/7/8 seconds after dealing a Critical Hit from crouch at Ranks I/II/III/IV.
- Circle of Protection: This ability and its morphs now grant the Minor Endurance buff in addition to the Minor Protection buff.
- Dawnbreaker: This ability and its morphs no longer deal bonus damage to Undead and Daedra, and now deals Physical Damage instead of Magic Damage.
- Dawnbreaker of Smiting (Dawnbreaker morph): In addition to the changes made to the base ability, this morph also now knocks down any enemy hit instead of only Undead and Daedra. We also reduced the duration of the knock down to 2.5 seconds from 5 seconds.
- Evil Hunter (Expert Hunter morph): In addition to the changes made to the base ability, this morph now also reduces the Stamina cost of Fighters Guild abilities by 25% while active.
- Expert Hunter: Redesigned this ability and its morphs so they no longer grant a small chance to deal additional bonus damage; instead, they can be activated to reveal hidden or invisible enemies in a 6 meter radius for 5 seconds, and prevents revealed enemies from returning to stealth for 3 seconds.
- These abilities will continue illuminate Undead, Daedra, and Werewolves and grant Major Savagery while slotted.
- Flawless Dawnbreaker (Dawnbreaker morph): In addition to the changes made to the base ability, we reduced the amount of Weapon Damage this morph increases while slotted to 2/3/4/5% at Ranks I/II/III/IV from 5/6/7/8%.
- Intimidating Presence: This passive ability now also reduces the cost of Fighters Guild abilities by 20%.
- Ring of Preservation (Circle of Protection morph): In addition to the changes made to the base ability, we redesigned this morph so it now decreases the cost of Roll Dodge by 20% while within the area of effect.
- Silver Bolts: This ability and its morphs no longer knock down or deal bonus damage to Undead and Daedra; instead, they now reduce the Movement Speed of any enemy hit by 40% for 6 seconds.
- Silver Leash (Silver Bolts morph): In addition to the changes made to the base ability, this morph also now pulls the caster to the target when it is activated a second time. Additionally, the caster can pull themselves to any target instead of just Undead and Daedra targets.
- Silver Shards (Silver Bolts morph): In addition to the changes made to the base ability, we increased the amount of additional targets this morph can hit to 5 additional targets from 2.
- Slayer: Redesigned this passive ability so it now increases your Weapon Damage by 1/2/3% for each Fighters Guild ability slotted at Ranks I/II/III respectively, instead of increasing your Weapon and Spell Damage by 3/6/9% against Undead and Daedra.
- Skilled Tracker: Redesigned this passive ability so it now increases all damage dealt with Fighters Guild abilities by 20% against Undead, Daedra, and Werewolves. Fighters Guild abilities no longer innately have a bonus to Undead, Daedra, and Werewolves without this passive ability.
- Trap Beast: This ability and its morphs now apply their damage over time to any enemy hit instead of only Undead and Daedra. In addition, this ability and its morphs now deal Physical Damage instead of Magic Damage.
- Turn Undead (Circle of Protection morph): In addition to the changes made to the base ability, we increased the duration of the area of effect to 12 seconds from 10 seconds.
- Balance (Equilibrium morph): In addition to the changes made to the base ability, we also redesigned this morph so it no longer grants the Major Fortitude buff for 17 seconds after casting; instead, it grants the Major Resolve and Major Ward buffs for 4 seconds after casting.
- Equilibrium: Reduced the health cost for this ability and its morphs by 20%. The amount of Magicka gained in exchange remains unchanged.
- Blood Altar: This ability and its morphs no longer grant the Major Fortitude buff to you and allies in its area of effect; instead, they grant Minor Lifesteal, a new buff that heals you for 2% of all damage done.
- Bone Shield:
- This ability and its morphs now absorb all damage instead of just physical damage.
- Increased the synergy activation radius from this ability and its morphs to 4 meters from 3 meters.
- Trapping Webs:
- Redesigned this ability and its morphs so they are now ground-placed area of effect abilities which create webs at the targeted location for 5 seconds, reducing the Movement Speed of enemies within by 50%. When the webs expire they burst into venom, dealing Poison Damage to enemies within.
- This ability and its morphs are now Stamina abilities, and scale with Weapon Damage and Maximum Stamina.
- The synergy for this ability and its morphs now deal Poison Damage.
- Magicka Detonation: Reduced the damage of this ability and its morphs by 45%. They now deal 25% additional damage per target hit, up from 10%, and cap that bonus damage up to a total of 250% more damage done, up from 100% more damage done. The net result should be significantly less damage to 1 target, and slightly less damage to 10 targets.
- Proximity Detonation (Magicka Detonation morph): Fixed an issue where the red telegraph circle from this ability was remaining at the last seen spot the enemy player was before they became invisible. It will now also be invisible when the enemy player is invisible.
- Vigor: Casting Vigor with a staff equipped will no longer make the staff go through your legs.
- Tactician: Fixed an issue where this passive ability was increasing the damage of Siege Weapons against players and monsters.
- Guard: Redesigned this ability and its morphs so they no longer intercept projectiles around you; instead, they are now single target abilities that can be cast on an ally to tether to them. While tethered, 30% of the damage they take is redistributed to you.
- The tether can be broken by recasting the spell or moving more than 15 meters away from them.
- Also fixed an issue where this ability and its morphs were not correctly interacting with the Meritorious Service item set bonus or the Magicka Aid passive.
- Mystic Guard (Guard morph): This morph will now grant you and the tethered ally the Minor Vitality buff.
- Stalwart Guard (Guard morph): This morph will now grant you and the tethered ally the Minor Force buff.
- Resilient: This champion passive has been switched with the Shield Expert passive from The Steed constellation.
- Thaumaturge: Fixed an issue where this Champion ability was increasing the damage of various non-damage over time effects, such as Daedric Curse or Magicka Detonation.
- Block Expertise:
- Shield Expert: This champion passive has been switched with the Resilient passive from The Lady constellation.
This Champion ability has been switched with the Block Expertise ability from The Steed constellation.
Swarming Dwarven Spiders will now pulse with a yellow energy that distinguishes them from their non-swarming counterparts. Foxes and Fennec Foxes no longer have any collision. Many non-humanoid monsters previously treated as humanoids for loot and vulnerability have been re-categorized. Many humanoid monsters previously treated as non-humanoids have been similarly re-categorized. Fixed an issue where the group boss at Bitter Strand in Malabal Tor would not respawn.
- Sweeping Spin will now be correctly cast by boss Dwarven Centurions.
- Fright Force now requires proper line of sight to begin casting. Once this spell has begun casting, it no longer requires line of sight.
- Flare can now be cast while silenced.
- Ice Arrow can now be cast while silenced.
- Lash now properly finishes its animation when its cast ends, and the attack radius has been increased to 5m from 4m.
- Blocking Chasten has been made more intuitive.
- Subjugation no longer bounces two times, splitting with each bounce to target up to 7 individual targets. It now bounces 6 times and does not split, targeting up to 7 individual targets.
- Subjugation no longer throws fireballs from player characters who have not been caught in its blast.
- The first tick of Focused Healing now begins 0.5 seconds after the channel begins, and also heals less for the first 3 ticks.
- Focused Healing now stops when the line of sight is broken. Previously, it would continue to channel without healing the target.
- Healers are now healed less by their own Focused Healing.
- Minor Wound can now be cast while silenced.
- Cage Talons will no longer hit you if you're not in combat with the guard.
- Necrotic Spear can now be cast while silenced.
- Call Ally now displays a horn, and plays a horn blast.
- Coiled Lash can now be cast while silenced.
- Magelight now correctly reveals stealthed targets.
- Shock can now be cast while silenced.
- Shock now requires a proper line of sight to begin casting. Once this spell has begun casting, it no longer requires line of sight.
- Thunder Thrall now displays a cast animation.
- Coldharbour Sentinel's eye is no longer on backwards. Previously, it would see anyone standing behind it, not in front.
- Blocking Heavy Attack and Quick Strike is now more intuitive.
- Dual-wielding Xivilai no longer animate incorrectly when casting Heavy Strike.
Crafting & EconomyEdit
- Fixed an issue that caused Barbarian daggers above level 36 to use the level 1 appearance. They now use the proper, more impressive, model.
- Fixed an issue that prevented Daedric axes from upgrading their appearance at the correct level. They will now upgrade their model at level 26, rather than 36.
- Survey reports will no longer be consumed as you approach the associated survey site. Instead, the report will be consumed when you touch a rich resource node from the associated survey site.
- If you have a copy of the survey report in your bank but not in your inventory, the copy from your bank will be consumed.
- Fixed an issue that was causing Woodworking upgrade materials to display as Tannins, and Clothier upgrade materials to display as Resins, instead of vice versa.
- Changed the fourth alchemical trait on White Cap from Lower Spell Crit to Detection, to avoid a quadruple effect match. This quadruple match was not supported by the system, and is no longer possible.
- Bundles now have an additional callout for the number of products in them.
- Nuzimeh the Merchant and Tythis Andromo the Banker can now only be used by their summoner and that summoner's group members, as was the original intention of their contracts.
- Clarified tutorials related to various Crown Store products, particularly Crown Soul Gems, Assistants, and Crown Mimic Stones.
- The Escape key can now be used to close the Crown Store Announcement window.
Fixed an issue that was preventing you from being able to preview products in the Crown Store.
- The Pale Velothi Guar will now display all the proper mount upgrades.
- Supply Bundles have been moved to their own section in the Crown Store.
- Cuffs on the Brilliance Brocade Robe and Summit Lord's Silken Robes will no longer have a visible gap where they should connect to the sleeve.
- Glass Armor Motif: Fixed an issue where the elbow pads were visible while in first-person view.
- Nord Hero Costume: Fixed an issue that was causing parts of this costume to clip into the shin and neck areas for several female characters.
- Royal Court Jester Costume:
- You will no longer see through areas of the torso from this costume when looking at it from the ground up. What were you doing on the ground in the first place?
- Fixed several separation issues between the neck and cowl.
Dungeons & Group ContentEdit
- It is no longer possible for Nak'ta to teleport into the walls of Dragonstar Arena.
- Expanded the rewards for Trial leaderboards to include a wider variety of Traits, including Nirnhoned.
- We have reset leaderboards for Sanctum Ophidia. We are currently evaluating when and if we will reset additional PVE leaderboards.
- Sanctum Ophidia
- The Warpriest's “Heavy Bleeding" effect can no longer be blocked or dodged.
- You will now be able to exit the Trial via the front door in Veteran difficulty.
- The additional monsters that spawn during the fight with Ozara will no longer to continue to spawn after she's been killed.
- Stonebreaker's Ground Slam and Destructive Aura abilities will now display appropriate icons in the Death Recap window.
- Veteran City of Ash
- This dungeon will now be slightly less difficult to complete.
- Veteran Elden Hollow
Exploration & ItemizationEdit
- Improved the rewards obtained from the Undaunted chests.
- The items you obtain from the chests always scale with your level, all the way up to Champion 160.
- We've also increased the availability of Monster Shoulder set items in these chests.
- Gold chests will now always contain a Monster Shoulder set item, Silver Chests often contain one, and Bronze chests occasionally contain one.
- With the introduction of hats, we've made the Vosk Rakh Ceremonial Mask and Cadwell's Helm of Heroism into hats! This means you can now wear them alongside your favorite Costumes and Skins.
- Fixed an issue that was causing some stealable Redguard jerkins and jacks to give items that could be equipped to your chest slot, but would appear as epaulets and arm cops. These now include proper epaulets and arm cops, which are equipped in your shoulder slot.
- Many items that were previously labeled “Trophy" now have a more specific label.
For example, Treasure Maps are now labeled “Treasure Map".
- Edited the names of Polymorphs since they now have their own screen in the Collections menu, removing the now-redundant word "Polymorph".
- Fixed an issue that was preventing you from looting fallen enemies while moving.
- Tamriel Expert Adventurer: Updated the text to match the names of the individual achievements required to complete this achievement.
- Arch-Mage: Increased the amount of Magicka restored from Heavy Attacks from this item set by approxomately 33%.
- Black Rose: Reduced the bonus this item set provides to the Constitution Heavy Armor passive to 40% from 50% to account for the recent buff to Constitution.
- Blessing of the Potentates: This item set's Ultimate cost reduction is now a multiplicative bonus, along with all other sources of Ultimate cost reduction (Power Stone, Restoring Spirit, Akaviri Dragonguard, and Savior's Hide.)
- Buffer of the Swift: Increased the duration of the damage shield applied by this item set to 6 seconds, up from 5 seconds.
- Crest of Cyrodiil: This item set now applies Major Defile for 5 seconds whenever you deal melee damage, with a 5 second cooldown.
- Dreugh King Slayer: This item set's 5-piece bonus now passively grants the Major Brutality buff at all times and also grants the Major Expedition buff after a kill, instead of increasing Weapon Damage after killing an enemy.
- Durok's Bane: This item set now applies Major Defile for 10 seconds whenever you take damage, with a 1 second cooldown.
- Elegance Set: This item set's 2-piece bonus now grants Spell Damage instead of Weapon Damage. We also increased the Light and Heavy Attack bonus damage from this item set's 5-piece bonus to 20% from 10%.
- Elemental Succession: Fixed an issue where this item set's ability was not being removed whenever you unequipped the set.
- Eternal Yokeda: The 3-piece bonus from this item set now grants the Minor Aegis buff instead of turning you into a statue when you die; the 5-piece bonus will turn you into a statue, and grants Ultimate.
- Infallible Aether: The 3-piece bonus from this item set now grants the Minor Slayer buff instead of armor reduction, and the 5-piece bonus causes Heavy Attacks to deal additional damage and apply the Minor Vulnerability debuff to your target.
- Infallible Aether: This item set's 5-piece bonus now applies the Minor Vulnerability debuff to the enemy (increasing their damage taken by 8%), instead of reducing their Physical and Spell Resistance by 5%.
- Juggernaut: Increased the healing done from this item set's proc by roughly 40%.
- Knightmare: This item set now applies the Minor Maim debuff instead of reducing the enemy's damage. In addition, the cooldown has been removed as well.
- Light of Cyrodiil: Decreased the damage reduction provided while casting or channeling from this item set to 15%, down from 25%.
- Morag Tong Set: Decreased the bonus to poison damage from this item set to 10%, down from 15%.
- Noble Duelist's Silks: The bonus damage to Light and Heavy Attacks from this item set is now a flat bonus, instead of a percentage bonus.
- Prayer Shawl: This item set's Damage Shield value has been increased by roughly 20%, but its duration has been reduced to 6 seconds, down from 8 seconds.
- Roar of Alkosh: Fixed an issue where the Physical and Spell Resistance debuff applied from this item set was stacking.
- Robes of Transmutation: Fixed an issue where this item set's proc was triggering on direct healing abilities instead of only heal over time abilities.
- Scourge Harvester: Fixed an issue where the heal from this item set's proc was being reduced by Battle Spirit; healing based on damage done will no longer be double-penalized by Battle Spirit.
- Sergeant's Mail: The bonus damage for Heavy Attacks from this item set is now a flat bonus, instead of a percentage bonus.
- Shadow Dancer's Raiment: This item set's 3-piece bonus now grants Max Magicka instead of Stamina Recovery, and the 5-piece bonus now grants Stamina Recovery in addition to ignoring the Movement Speed penalty while sneaking.
- Spawn of Mephala: The webs created by this item set now deal Poison Damage, and are mitigated against the target's Physical Resistance.
- Syvarra's Scales: Fixed an issue where this item set's damage proc was being mitigated by the target's Spell Resistance. It will now be properly mitigated by their Physical Resistance.
- Vicious Death: Fixed an issue where this item set's proc was appearing on the Death Recap of the player it triggered from.
- Vicious Ophidian: The 3-piece bonus from this item set now grants the Minor Slayer buff instead of giving reduced stamina costs and movement speed, and the 5-piece bonus now grants the reduced stamina cost, bonus movement speed, and bonus stamina upon killing your target.
- Vicious Serpent: This item set's 5-piece bonus now grants the Major Expedition buff for 20 seconds after killing a target, instead of granting 75% Movement Speed for 3 seconds.
- Viper's Sting: Increased the poison damage from this item set's 5-piece proc by roughly 500%.
- Ward of Cyrodiil: Decreased the bonus to block mitigation from this item set to 8%, down from 12%.
The Fetish of Anger Memento no longer grants additional damage on your next attack. It will still display its visual effects when used, so you can still use it to get really angry.
- Updated the icons and descriptions of various stolen treasures.
- Updated the treasure type for several stolen treasures.
- Made several small improvements to the cultural categorization for stolen treasures. You are now a little more likely to find items appropriate to the culture of the zone you are located in.
- The “Wall Decor" treasure type is now correctly “Wall Décor".
- Updated the professions and pickpocket difficulty of many Tamrielic citizens.
- Five new Dark Brotherhood themed purple-quality stolen treasures can now be found across Tamriel.
When you pickpocket an NPC until they have nothing left, your victim is now likely to comment on their significantly lighter pockets.
Mac Game ClientEdit
- Fixed an issue with Intel Iris GPUs that was causing the game camera to get stuck in a broken position.
- The Keep Capture progress bar will now fill properly when a keep is being captured.
- Made some minor performance improvements across the game.
- Fixed a number of commonly occurring crashes.
Quests & ZonesEdit
Fixed a rare issue that was preventing certain quest rewards from displaying a tooltip.
- The Wayward Dagger: Fixed an issue that was causing Lakhazga to accidentally reveal you while sneaking.
- Soul Survivors: Fixed an issue where the environmental damage would deal 0 damage upon death, but your armor still lost durability.
- Fixed an issue that causing you to receive a smaller than intended Magicka Resistance buff after interacting with the magical anomaly/aura just outside of Elenhir.
- Ilthag's Undertower: Fixed an issue where knocking monsters back into the cages could cause them to stay in a spot where players could no longer reach them.
- The Shattered and the Lost: Daderic Runes that appear during this quest line will now be more legible.
- A Family Divided: Sela will now continue following you on re-entering, resurrecting, or sharing this quest in the Forgotten Crypts.
- What Lies Beneath: General Gavryn Redoran will now fight properly after transforming.
- You must now collect the signet for this quest, instead of the boss' head. Collecting the signet and defeating the boss will also be shared with your group members.
- Party Planning: Added a backpack with the Dunmer Cultural Garb next to Rigurt at the docks in case you happen to lose your garb.
- Back-Alley Murders: You will now consistently get credit for the boss fight during this quest.
- Bloodthorn Assassins: Fixed an issue where the quest marker would disappear when descending the stairs on the quest step "follow King Casimir upstairs."
- Striking at the Heart: Indaenir will now respawn within Hectahame Grotto if he gets stuck while walking.
- Something Rotten: You will no longer see a "Use" option for the Cold Water quest item while in the Quest Items UI.
- Hope Lost: Fixed an issue where Adusa-daro could be in multiple places at once, and Celeste would occasionally stop following you after rescuing her.
- The Fangs of Sithis: Fixed an issue where Looks-Under-Rocks would vanish and not consistently allow you to hand in the quest.
- The Skin-Stealer's Lair: The quest bestower will now spawn slightly farther away than before.
- Thieves and Murderers beware! Pact Guards now occupy Hrogar's Hold, and the Hrogar's Soldiers will no longer fight monsters.
- A Walk in the Clouds: The campfires in the cold area are now usable even if you're not on the quest.
- Gift of the Worm: The ritual circles surrounding the bosses no longer follow them as they move.
- The Farmer's Champion: Fixed an issue where you were using the incorrect animation when interacting with the drum.
- Added an option to hide offline guild members and friends.
- Added a new tab called "Emotes" to the Help section that includes a list of all available emotes. Emotes modified by an active personality are colored blue.
- Fixed an issue that was resulting in the appearance of unresponsive interaction prompts. Interaction prompts now correctly display in grey while you are in motion.
- The logout timer and access code UI will now correctly count down in seconds instead of milliseconds.
- You will now hear a sound when quickslotting a Collectible.
- Items that grant quests will now display their name in the interaction window rather than the name of your currently equipped helm.
- The guild selector box will no longer overlap with tab titles in the Guild menu on the German game client.
- Quickslotted items that cannot be used while sprinting or moving will no longer play their use sound while sprinting or moving, and will display an appropriate error message instead.
- Guild Heraldry swatch color icons will now use a square icon instead of a circular icon.
- Fixed an issue where the "Title:" label was not colored correctly when viewing a completed achievement that awarded a title.
- After completing your currently focused quest, the quest tracker will now focus on another quest.
- Fixed an issue where some achievement text was overlapping with the date acquired on French and German game clients.
- The button that displays which character is currently selected on the Character Select screen will now always appear.
- Opening a container from your inventory will now always display the contents of that container, even if you have auto-loot enabled.
- Fixed an issue where long character or zone names in the Character Select screen would become truncated in the German game client.
- Text that appears on loading screens will no longer disappear quickly when going to a new zone.
- Fixed an issue where your game could crash when attempting to retrieve information using GetItemLinkTraitOnUseAbilityInfo.
- Upon experiencing a PvP death in Cyrodiil, you can now navigate in and out of the Imperial City map from the Cyrodiil map to select your desired respawn location.
- Fixed an issue where the lockout timers for Alliance War campaigns would not switch to an unlocked version when the timer reached zero.
- Fixed an issue with the color of the Keep claim cooldown timer; it is now white, as intended.
- Fixed an issue where switching back and forth between campaign menus would briefly display the selected campaign.
- Fixed an issue where the reigning Emperor timer would update irregularly.
- The name of the current owner of keeps and resources in Cyrodiil will now be colored to match the owning Alliance.
- Fixed an issue where the Keep ownership timer would not update in real time.
- Fixed an issue where a UI error would display when the locked campaign timer would reach 0.
- You will now receive an error message when a craft doesn't complete while in the Enchanting window.
- Set items with particularly long names will no longer have part of their names cut off early when crafting.
- Fixed an issue where internal tags were being displayed on German and French game clients when searching for the Crown Mimic Stone in the Crown Store.
- Fixed an issue where one-time purchasable items, such as DLC game packs, were not appearing as greyed-out in the *Crown Store when your inventory is full.
- Fixed an issue where quickly typing in the Crown Store search box could cause various UI errors and sometimes a crash on PC.
- Fixed an issue where the in-game pop-up text (Open URL) that displays when you click on "Become A Member!" in the *Crown Store ESO Plus page was missing the appropriate link text.
- Added information about when a player character was last online to the Guild and Friends list.
- The target reticle will no longer jump to a random icon when you open the map and set an active quest.
- Fixed an issue where the ability bar text was overlapping other UI elements when assigning an ability.
- An error will no longer pop up if you queue for a dungeon, then back out of the Group Finder through the map menu.
- Your collection progress in the Lore Library menu will now always display on one line.
- Text will no longer overlap between menu header labels and its corresponding data.
- Fixed an issue where you could not back out of the Customer Support menu after submitting a ticket.
- Added the "Report Player" option back onto the PC Gamepad radial menu.
- Highlighting the Imperial race when you have access to all races will no longer cut off the race name from the top of the list.
- The scroll indicator on the Death Recap window is now vertically centered on the frame.
- Fixed an issue where the text for the crafting result alert would appear to be clipped by the crafted item's icon.
- Added a cooldown timer for assistants.
- Disabled the mouse scroll functionality (when in Gamepad Mode) when selecting an item quantity on menus that use them (e.g. inventory, vendor, bank, etc.)Added a tutorial for the Emotes menu, which provides insight into Quick *Chat and the Emotes Quickslot.
- Fixed an issue where a UI error could display when using a Motif from the gamepad inventory.
- Fixed an issue where the French and German text for "Use Alliance Points" in the Abandon Campaign menu would occasionally overlap with the text for Alliance Point cost.
- Fixed an issue where the Campaign bonus screen would not consistently update.
- Fixed an issue in the Gamepad Crown store where Collectibles in bundles would show a sale price on top of their "Collected" label.
- Fixed an issue where the player name and location weren't properly displaying after creating a new character on Gamepad.
- Fixed an issue in the Gamepad Crown Store where Collectibles that are on sale and also in bundles, such as the Adventurer Pack, would show a sale price on top of their "Collected" label.
- Fixed an issue where the player name and location weren't properly displaying after creating a new character on Gamepad.
- The Ultimate ability bar icon will now properly fill and have a glow outline when you've built up enough Ultimate to use the ability.
- Added an option to display resource numbers on the player and target frame.
- Added an option to display the Ultimate number on the Ultimate ability frame.
- You will now receive an error message when attempting to use an item while dodge rolling, and the item isn't actually used.
- You will no longer hear multiple Group Finder sounds when your group is formed.
- The "Find Replacement" menu will now properly save your group's current status and selections.
- There is now a keybind settings option for the Group Finder.
- Guild Functionality
- Renamed the "Food & Potions" category of the Guild Store search to "Consumables", and added a "Poison" subcategory.*
- You will now receive an error message in the top right of your screen if you attempt to attack a Justice Innocent with the "Prevent Attacking Justice Innocents" setting toggled on.
- When you receive a Trial leaderboard notification, the notification tooltip will now correctly display if the Trial member was a friend or a guild mate.
- You will no longer receive notifications from a Trial you just completed while grouped up with a friend or guild member.
- When looking at the map, group member icons will no longer be obscured by a wayshrine when group members are at a wayshrine.
- Hovering over a service location on the map will now indicate what type of services are provided at that location, in addition to the names of the service providers.
- For example, hovering over the Bank of Daggerfall on the Daggerfall map informs you that Angier Stower is a banker.
- Added a tutorial for entering a Battle-Leveled zone for the first time.
- This tutorial gives a brief overview of the way scaling works in places like Cyrodiil, the Imperial City, Wrothgar, Hew's Bane, and the Gold Coast.
- Improved the accuracy and timing of several tutorials.
- Updated the text of several Help Menu entries to match updated behavior.
- Added a Help menu entry for Combat Text, which includes a list of the different Combat Text formats and their meaning.