I am a gamer and an editor.
Gamer: More than six years of gaming and computer experience. Mostly role-playing or strategy games.
Editor: Certificate IV in Professional Writing and Editing, and external experience.
I am pretty enthusiastic about gaming, but I've never been a "heft-groan-smash" player. I like my character to look good. I like my character to have personality. I like to use skill instead of merely smashing or shooting everything into little pieces (though that doesn't mean I don't like quick kills). I like to admire scenery and help people. And that's how I came to love Oblivion when I found it. I have to admit, I only tried Morrowind once or twice (that was after playing Oblivion), but hated that I couldn't seem to kill anything in it. Ultima IX was easier to control than Morrowind! And then (after so much waiting!) came Skyrim. Gaming bliss, or very nearly. I then decided to join the wiki community for the first time ever, to make use of and practice my editing skills.
Send me a line if you need help or advice! I'll see what I can do. (In-game questions, out-of-game questions, bug help, questions related to the wiki, anything; but as far as I understand, Timeoin is the best guy to direct wiki questions to.)
Things I have worked on include:
- Random pages. (I include the pages I remember in the larger list below; this point is for the ones I forget.)
- Proofreading, editing, updating or cleaning up irrelevant/false/misleading information.
- The individual item pages for the Iron Weapons and Iron Armor pages, well as the main pages themselves.
- Formatted the table(s).
- Created most of the individual weapon pages, but one of them required changing a redirect page to an item page and couple of them had only a handful of jumbled information.
- Created two of the individual armor pages, but most of them existed with little or no information on them. One contained nothing more than an offensive message.
- The individual item pages for the Steel Armor and Steel Weapons pages.
- Created most of them, but two of them instead required changing a redirect page to an item page. A couple of them had irrelevant or jumbled information, which I changed.
- The individual item pages for Elven Weapons and Elven Armor. (I know there are basic weapon pages with all the weapons listed on a table -- pages like, again, Elven Weapons and Elven Armor -- but one thing I really love about a wiki is finding the exact weapon I am looking for and looking at it on its own. And then there are those users who find out random cool things about the weapons and post notes! :) Or bugs. >.<)
- Created most of the pages and added screenshots to them; standardised the ones that already existed.
- The Orcish Armor and Orcish Weapons pages. (I am planning to create the individual armor/weapon pages at some stage, but haven't gotten around to it yet.)
- Shifted and corrected information.
- The individual item pages for Ebony Armor and Weapons.
- Created most of the armor pages and added screenshots to them, but most (if not all) of the weapon pages already existed. I standardised them.
- Split the Ebony Armor and Weapons into two pages. Cleaned up the formatting of the armor and weapon tables. Made the main one a disambiguation page.
- The Smithing perk pages, such as Ebony Smithing or Arcane Blacksmith.
- Made them perk-specific instead of perk-weapon-armor-nonspecific-generic-etc-etc, but I did not delete anything that was not elsewhere; some of the (now) perk pages were actually replicas of existing armor and weapon pages.
- Also added links on each page to the relevant armor and weapon pages.
- The Daedric Armor and Daedric Weapons pages.
- Cleaned up the formatting of the tables.
- Added links.
- The Leather page.
- Fixed the table formatting. I really don't like sorting through layer upon layer of "<etc></etc>"s when trying to add information to a table.
- Added sections.
- The Markarth Stable page and related pages.
- Proofread the information and linked each page to actual stable pages instead of city pages.
- The Perks page.
- Proofreading and/or editing.
- The One-Handed and Two-Handed skill pages.
- Proofreading and/or editing.
- Added perk tree pictures.
- The City Guards page.
- Changed the page title from "City guards" to "City Guards".
- Added a picture.
- Attempted to clarify the fact that the page includes Skyrim guards as well as Cyrodiil guards now.