For those of you who haven't met me in IRC yet: I'm Yatalu from Language Brigade Wiki. I am glad that I can blog here on Elder Scrolls Wiki to introduce the project of the Wikia Language Brigade, that I started a couple of weeks ago.
What is it?
The name kind of says it all, it will be a team (Brigade) of people who work wikifarm-wide (Wikia) to help translate and correct (Language) stuff for wikis. Translation may not only be wiki content, but also news sites or anything the like that may contain information needed for a wiki. Correcting means that some articles may be created by less fluent speakers, who are in need of native/advanced speakers to overlook their stuff.
- Both English and foreign communities all over Wikia will grow and improve.
- You guys can ask us to help smaller Elder Scrolls Wikis, like the Dutch or Portuguese.
- If you help, you might give small foreign communities their long-awaited chance to grow.
- People who help translating may stick around to help the Elder Scrolls wikis.
What to do?
With this project, you can do three things:
- Tell others: the more people know that we exist and what we do, the better.
- Participate: to join, you just have to put your name in this template. How to join: click here.
- Translate: after joining, you can wait for an individual request or check the request page.
- Language check: you can also perform language checks on pages written in Russian by foreign speakers.
- Request: make a translation request to a project member or on a request page.
Any remarks, questions or opinions? Feel free to post them in the comment section (: I'll be glad to answer any of them.
- YATTA ヽ( ° ヮ° )ﾉ