Hey, I noticed you archive manually. I assume there's a reason, but I'm a little curious as to why you don't use the archivetool to do the archives quickly? --Sajuuk talk | contribs | Channel 20:06, April 20, 2015 (UTC)
- Understandable, I guess.
- Also, I think we should disband this idea of protecting archive pages with the protect tool, there is a userscript on the developer's wiki that does it without using the protect tool and is far more convenient (as well as allowing editors to update links without needing to ask sysops to do it).
- Despite what people say, archives are not personal property of the user and should not be treated like they are. They should only be edited for maintenance reasons, there's no real need to sysop lock them when a script can do it easily. --Sajuuk talk | contribs | Channel 20:11, April 20, 2015 (UTC)
RE: Adamantium Boots.png Edit
Hiyas sir. Yesh kill that image for me. I named it without thinking about the other games that have adamantium in either vanilla or mods/addons. I also messed up the transparency on that image but the second image was fixed and named correctly so that one isn't needed now.Gaminomicon (talk) 05:10, April 25, 2015 (UTC)
Sandbox Template Edit
So I thought of a quote that could be used for the template, one that is both Skyrim related and I think tasteful as well :) "What more could I ask of you? No, you're free to roam. I suspect the gods have needs for you elsewhere." - Ulfric Stormcloak (article link) Bluesonic1 (talk) 07:41, April 25, 2015 (UTC)
- Hope it helps! I also finished the Aetherium Wars quest last week so I can't go back and go over it but some of the dialogue at the end with Katria includes some farewell material but I think it was bordering the line with sounding like the person has died kinda thing, but there's somewhere else you can look if you're stumped :P Bluesonic1 (talk) 07:51, April 25, 2015 (UTC)
I have been playing this game for some time and I STILL run into all manner of "glitches" "bugs" "quest issues" and this one in particular, regardless of which difficulty level I set the game to, NEVER resolves correctly: Arcwind Point's word wall as given by the Grey Beards. I have played countless characters, all manner of race, sex, you name it - it NEVER works right -- is there a known GOOD FIX for this problem?
TY in advance for your insights and time.
Rick Burch - email@example.com
Honored Staff templateEdit
In regards to your templates regarding honored users, I like the second one best.
Plitinius Mero Edit
Hiyas sir. Gots an issue. The character Plitinius Mero. He is a living character AND on the authors page which redirects. Not 100% sure that a character page for him doesn't exist since I've already added his image to the wiki so I didn't want to make a new page called Plitinius Mero (Character) if the equivalent was just hiding somewhere clever, like in front of me. I'll be back around in about 12 hours or so to add more pages to cover all the homeless images and red links that each addition to Tribunal seems to spawn. :PGaminomicon (talk) 07:59, April 27, 2015 (UTC)
RE: Link fix Edit
Thanks, I really appreciate it! I've been way too busy to blog here, but I'm glad my old stuff is still okay!
Good articles and stuffs. Edit
Blank talkpages Edit
There's no real purpose in keeping a blank talkpage. If a talkpage is being misused, it should be deleted. The primary reason is that it resets the "Talk" button counter on articles so that people are not misled into believing the talkpage is actually used. So yeah, if a talkpage is tagged for deletion, probably better to simply delete it so that it doesn't confuse editors into believing that it's used. --Sajuuk talk | contribs | Channel 08:24, April 28, 2015 (UTC)
Re: Guild Assistance Edit
I'll see what I can do, but at the moment I really don't have a lot of time - exams are coming up, and I have to spend a lot of time revising. Luckily, Daggerfall is so small that being Guld Master isn't too difficult a job. I'll have a gand at the articles that I feel are good, and if I see anything that deserves nomination I'll do so. Emperor Maximus (talk) 19:40, April 28, 2015 (UTC)
- Hey Cheat, are my recent etids are okay ? i could have done way more but, before starting to edit seriously, i want to be sure that it's okay ^^ Emperor Jarjarkine The Ragged Flagon - Cistern 02:27, April 29, 2015 (UTC)
- I'm back on the chat ^^ ^^ Emperor Jarjarkine The Ragged Flagon - Cistern 22:15, April 29, 2015 (UTC)
I'd like to resign as a chat moderator, as I feel I'm too inactive for it myself and there's really not much to do anymore. Divine xXx|ⱩⱤ1Ṩ|xXx Tedrius Summon me? | Accomplishments | Stuff I stalk 19:12, May 2, 2015 (UTC)
- While on aforementionned topic, one can only understand my request that you or any available Admin add my username (formerly 789Snowbird987) in said "past chat moderators" list. Zippertrain85 and Starkiller131 can both testifity in my favour and confirm my past as staff. Thank you for your time and apologies for any disturbance caused. \m/¢yn!k4l\m/£@r7h\m/ ( Mortis non discernit. )
- Could you come on the chat ? Emperor Jarjarkine The Ragged Flagon - Cistern 19:41, May 5, 2015 (UTC)
- I'm sorry i couldn't come :\ I'm here now.Emperor Jarjarkine The Ragged Flagon - Cistern 00:29, May 6, 2015 (UTC)
Good articles (Daggerfall) Edit
Hey CCC, I had a look through the biggest Daggerfall pages (mostly character pages), and unfortunately didn't find anything worth writing home about. Some of them are okay, but most of them are quite short and don't meet the requirements. It's probably due to the small numer of Daggefall content editors, and the fact that so much of the game was made by a seed generator, meaning dungeons, locations, and NPCs can vary wildly on different playthroughs. Emperor Maximus (talk) 17:01, May 7, 2015 (UTC)
RE: Nom...ination Edit
Glad you made it online again sir. :) That you for the vote. I'm slowly adding the missing pages of Bamz-Amschend which I uploaded maps and images for hours ago. I'll join chat if I see you there first. *leaves cookie*Gaminomicon (talk) 08:23, May 8, 2015 (UTC)
Yeah, they annoy me a bit hahaha, i'm trying to use the Hide/show but, it didn't work like i wanted it to work, something weird happened and, the userboxes aren't the same size strangely so, i'm taking a break :P Emperor Jarjarkine The Ragged Flagon - Cistern 18:32, May 9, 2015 (UTC)
- Aye thanks ! How do you like my userpage ^^ Emperor Jarjarkine The Ragged Flagon - Cistern 19:28, May 9, 2015 (UTC)
- Okay ^^ Hey, i'm on the chat right now Emperor Jarjarkine The Ragged Flagon - Cistern 22:47, May 9, 2015 (UTC)
Nice to meet you CCC :) and thank you very much
Sorry but I've just noticed that you left a message in my talk page this morning. I don't know anything about the Guild, but for now i'm focusing on clearing up this list by adding some pics, it'll take a couple of days.... i think.... -_-
But i'll let you know if i've made a fixed decision :)
A big Thanks and blessings i bestowed upon you CCC a.k.a. Mr.Alex
Re: RP Edit
Whenever i check in on the RP Wiki it looks pretty empty so i usually leave a link to the Sand box Wiki as there usually seems to be more people around that one (some i recognise from here), i'll edit my post and add the suggestion to copy and paste your story to there if people want to use it. AzuraKnight (talk) 09:41, May 10, 2015 (UTC)
Hey there CCC, do you think you could add links for the AQ and GA on the navbar ? I'm sure it would be more accessible this way ^^ Emperor Jarjarkine The Ragged Flagon - Cistern 18:19, May 10, 2015 (UTC)
- Okay i'm here, please comme back if you can, i have a great idea you'll love it.Emperor Jarjarkine The Ragged Flagon - Cistern 01:07, May 11, 2015 (UTC)
This is not all of them, just the ones I have immediatly on hand from my first to my sixth. I'll keep updating so you get all of them. 1) User blog:Madman97/The Deadra Time Theory and the Deadra Home Theory 2) User blog:Madman97/The Jyggalag Theory and the Elder Scrolls 3) User blog:Madman97/The Elder Scrolls and Daedra Theory 4) User blog:Madman97/The Primordial Theory 5) User blog:Madman97/The Aedra Vs. The Daedra theory 6) User blog:Madman97/The CHIM Theory: Why I don't think it existsMadman97 (talk) 00:38, May 12, 2015 (UTC)
Here's the last three.
1) The Peryite Theory
2) The Peryite Theory (part 2)
3) The Apocrypha Theory
Also, as an added measure, check out my Rivalries Blog on C0DA.
That would probably be a good idea. How do you add one of those to a blog?
Arena Creatures AudioEdit
Hi CCC :) i'm so sorry to interupt you
I just wanted to ask you whether can i upload some Arena Creatures sound , and if i do..... what format should it be ?
THX and sorry for interupting..... T_T
Reverted vandalism Edit
Hiya! New member that just got smacked on the nose by the site while trying to post a personal blog. Was told I did something malicious and I have no idea what. And that I was vandalizing. Buh?
User:ArcanaJester - I believe playground equipment exists primarily as a source of metaphors for my observations. 06:03, May 13, 2015 (UTC)
I noticed that the Facebook page added one of my blogs to it. Thanks again! I'm really glad to have this opportunity to share.
Hey there Cheaty, i may be a little be inactive for 1 week or 2, my wikia starts to be active again and, i came back from 4 months of inactivity so, i have to work with the team there to put everything update so, it'll be some tough job, i'll try to be here as much as i can for the interviews and all still but, i wont be as active that i was now, sorry about this ^^ Emperor Jarjarkine The Ragged Flagon - Cistern 03:02, May 16, 2015 (UTC)
As always, I am happy to see you post my theory blogs. User: BlueSonic and me have actually had conversations about the Jyggalag one and have unveiled more evidence suggesting Jyggalag's involvement of the penning of the Elder Scrolls, but that's not actually why I am writing this. Just recently, the day before yesterday actually, I released a new blog on how to write blogs in the proper form. With the coming of ESO, there will finally be new material to work with and possibly more blogs to spawn from that, revitalising the blog section. I am writing a three-blog event that over the essentials of writing them to teach others how to make excellent blogs so we can head back to those old glory days. The point is, I was wondering if you could release these over facebook in place of the theory blogs for just these three and then go back the others after it is finished. I think they could prove to be a great help.
- The first blog is already up, has been for about a day and a half now, and the other two will be released this week sometime. As for a Bards guild, NOW THERE is an idea. I would love to try something with that. Thanks again.
Re: Moving pages Edit
I went ahead and renamed the page With Friends Like These… to the correct name With Friends Like These.... All you need to do is delete the two redirect pages that I flagged as unnecessary. Sorry if it seems like I'm being pushy but it has been over a month since I mentioned this situation.-Garry Damrau(talk) 07:51, May 18, 2015 (UTC)
- Thank you for the quick reply. On a completely different subject, have you ever tried grabbing a Horker Tusk (Skyrim) with Telekinesis (Skyrim)? I've tried it on two different profiles and can't get it to work. Strange huh?-Garry Damrau(talk) 08:31, May 18, 2015 (UTC)
- I did some checking and it doesn't work on Mammoth Tusks either. I need to check a Sabre Cat Tooth next.Garry Damrau(talk) 03:59, May 19, 2015 (UTC)
Re: Weekly update reply. Edit
Hey CCC! Yup, I saw the reply, thanks for that! I'll take your advice and hold off joining any more guilds for the time being as I'm dealing with moving overseas, so my activity was already going to be very limited :P
- Thankfully it's not too bad- I live in New Zealand and moving to Australia. Whilst different countries, they're basically neighbours so I'm not too worried especially considering with my New Zealand passport I can live and work freely in Australia. The annoying part is getting everything packed up and then later shipped out to me :P
Of course, feel free to get some feedback from the community. This is a Big Project to us, so we want to make sure that everyone's onboard and well-informed.
- I also wanted to know, from your perspective, how this would effect overall layout and its effect for PC visitors and editors.
Excellent question. What we want to do, ideally, is make sure that we build out functionality for desktop users. This is "aimed" at content portability to mobile, obviously, but we certainly don't want to neglect desktop. If we decided to ignore one set of users while preferring another, that wouldn't be a very clever plan on our part.
Hey, CCC. I want to resign from all of my current staff positions. This is due to me having noticed that my interest in this wiki is hugely declining (espescially considering I barely looked at it during the past two weeks); I may return some day in the future, possibly during the holidays or something. See you, and good luck. Pelinal the Whitestrake, the Bloody and Insurgent ( ͡o ͜ʖ ͡o) (talk) 06:34, May 21, 2015 (UTC)
Added quote Edit
Re: Need Help? Edit
Thanks but my main cause of stress at the moment is worrying about the Skyrim Help Board idea actually happening, i tried my best to point out in Old Thread Bumping when the idea started how unlikely is for any system like that to be followed and how difficult it would be to set up given the user base and the basic nature of our forum. I know their only trying to help but trying to implement the idea probably would cause a moderator to burn out and would likely get ignore by most new thread makers afterwards. Nothing that can really be done about it though (except for just hope everyone forgets about it). AzuraKnight (talk) 20:33, May 22, 2015 (UTC)
Could you look over an article?Edit
Yo, I made an article a while ago in a sandbox. It looks fine for the most part and I would like to finally get it on to the wiki, do you mind looking it over for me? Just tell me if I need to add/remove anything, thanks. Page: User:ゆ/SoulofConflictBeta ゆ (talk) 20:41, May 22, 2015 (UTC)
My resignation. Edit
Welp, I'm resigning. I hate to say it, but the chat mod title serves no real purpose other than decoration purposes as of late. I am never really on the chat anymore anyway, and neither is anyone else. I'm not particularly interested in this wikia anymore. But while I was here, it has been quite the ride, both good and bad.
I hate the timing of this CCC, but I've decided that I would like to resign my position as Chat Moderator. I believe G0LD3NF1RE is a great Chat Mod by himself and seeing as how the Chat's population is no longer at it's 10+ per day, I really think that a lone Chat Mod can handle all of this him/herself. It's been a fun experience for me being Chat Mod and I really hope I can return someday, if my interest in TES would peak again. Thank you. ℳ.Ѻẘεᾔ.ℒℱC Say Hi! stalk edits 00:15, May 24, 2015 (UTC)
Okay, i did it. I let you highlight it ^^ Emperor Jarjarkine The Ragged Flagon - Cistern 00:09, May 25, 2015 (UTC) http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/The_Elder_Scrolls_Wiki:Patrollers#Emperor_Jarjarkine here's the link ^^
Almost. Although - once the books themselves are added, there's also adding the authors to the authors page, the locations to all the missing books, as well as a few other things, such as things mentioned in the books themselves. Timeoin•Say G'Day•View my work 02:49, May 29, 2015 (UTC)
Status Articles nomination ruleEdit
Hey there, Cheaty, i was wondeirng, could we set a limit of time for each nominations of article status ? Like, if a nomination is inactive more than 2 weeks, it's considered removed and, if an objection stay unadressed after X amount of time, the nomination is out ? what do you think ? :P And, i also have an idea to bring the status of articles even better ^^ Emperor Jarjarkine The Ragged Flagon - Cistern 16:13, June 6, 2015 (UTC)
Renaming of imagesEdit
Hey there, i'm using ('u:dev:FileUsageAuto-update/code.js') to do mass renaming. I'm not using AWB on myself, just to make it clear. So yeah, i began my renaming work :) If you have any problem with something, please, dont hesitate to tell me ! (ps this is an automatic message sent to 3C, Atvelonis, Timeoin) Emperor Jarjarkine The Ragged Flagon - Cistern 02:37, June 8, 2015 (UTC)
I just thought you should know that the user Faith4Disney is, by her own admission, 11 years old, and her behaviour certainly seems to support as much. - Erik the Mad (talk) 03:10, June 11, 2015 (UTC)
3C i really didn't mean to do this, i was intending to press ctrl + c so i can copy the text in Dawnguard to translate it, but instead i press ctrl + v, and then i stupidly press publish because i thought this is TES Indonesian Wiki, this is why now this wiki's Dawnguard page have some indonesian word in it. I tried to undo it but this words came out
This action has been automatically identified as harmful, and therefore disallowed. If you believe your edit was constructive, please inform an administrator of what you were trying to do. A brief description of the abuse rule which your action matched is: Youtube video filter
New main page slider Edit
The current slider on the main page is outdated. The sweepstakes for Instant Expert ended months ago and the link itself has been up for quite some time. I've created a new slider in my sandbox that we can use, updated with The Elder Scrolls: Legends and Tamriel Unlimited. ☞ Rim < Talk | Updates | Edits > 23:31, June 17, 2015 (UTC)
I'm back Edit
Hey Cheaty, http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/User:Emperor_Jarjarkine/Update_of_the_Guild hey, what do you think about that ? :P Emperor Jarjarkine The Ragged Flagon - Cistern 22:45, June 22, 2015 (UTC)
Moot Rules (as written by Madman97)Edit
I have completed a set of rules for the Moot. Most of these are specific to those who are interested in a certain position, and though it seems long, most can be summed up to "Don't speak unless allowed by the Moot Leader."
A Moot is a weekly meeting between users meant to efficiently discuss and vote on topics of importance.
The Moot is open to all users, but there are different circumstances in which one can do so. Chat Rules apply and interfering with Moot procedure is grounds for kicking. Those who wish to bring up a topic must sign their names on the Moot page on the week they want to attend. It is an obligation to attend after signing. Those who wish to participate in discussio of the proposals and vote on them do not have to sign their names but may join any time. There is a certain standard to be expected from all participants, first and foremost to not interrupt the Moot Leader or those presenting a topic. Your time to speak will come at different points. Below are specific positions and placements of those wishing to partake in the Moot.
Moot Leader--This is not a position of authority that reigns supreme, merely an overseer of the Moot to ensure it runs smoothly, and it involves a lot of responsibility. There are criterias to fit and rules to follow.
1) A Moot Leader is selected by a user volunteering themselves for the position during a specific meeting. The user must be an active member of the community and once they have their name down, the position is closed to others unless the name is removed. So it is a first come, first served basis we're working with.
2) A Moot Leader is required to speak at the Moot and must be present for the entire meeting. More on the details of their speaking later in PROCEDURE.
3) A Moot Leader who is not up to standard is subject to removal by majority vote. Once removed, the responisibility will pass to the Co-Moot Leader, and if the same result occurs, a vote will be taken to decide the new Moot Leader to ensure things still run smoothly.
4) The Moot Leader is barred from taking sides during a period of voting and must maintain complete neutrality.
Co-Moot Leader--Like the Moot Leader, there are certain responsibilities one must adhere to, but unlike the Moot Leader, they are not required unless special circumstances dictate.
1) Like the Moot Leader, anyone wishing to volunteer for the Co-Moot Leader position must sign up on the Moot page and is obligated to attend the entire meeting.
2) The Co-Moot Leader is treated as an average user who can weigh in on topics when allowed to speak unless the current Moot Leader is removed. If this occurs during a consensus and the Co-Moot Leader has cast a vote, it will become void when the Moot Leader position passes to them.
Presenter--The users who propose a topic to the audience.
1) As said before, they are obligated to attend the meeting and will speak in the order they are signed up. For example, if there are two spots open and 1) Bobby and 2) Robby--Bobby will go first and then Robby will go after.
2) They are only allowed to speak when designated by the Moot Leader. They will give their opening statements and provide a brief explanation of their proposal along with any additional information they deem necessary. When finished, they will let everyone know, and the Moot Leader will ask the audience to have a period of discussion. Once a proper consensus is reached, the Moot Leader will ask that everyone be silent and allow the next presenter to go.
3) The Presenter should be as clear and grammatically correct as possible. Respect for others is paramount. It is also recommended the proposal be told from a neutral perspective so the audience may draw their own conclusions without being first subjected to bias. The Presenter may discuss the topic with everyone else and cast a vote when designated by the Moot Leader. If the proposal goes on too long, the Moot Leader can call for a vote to end it to make room for others.
Spectator--The Average user that is watching the Moot but not proposing or volunteering as the Moot Leader.
1) Anyone can attend the Moot without signing their name but must wait until they are allowed to speak by the Moot Leader to give their opinion. All votes count, as do all opinions. Anyone who interrupts or creates tension will be removed by the Moot Leader.
- --The Moot Leader will call for a discussion: Once the Presenter is finished, the Moot Leader will thank him/her for presenting and ask those attending to discuss their ideas in a civil manner.
- Madman97 (talk) 01:37, June 23, 2015 (UTC)
Done and doneEdit
Hey, just in case this gets lost in comments on Thread:855596, we'll definitely want to make sure Special:Flags is accurate before any transition (since it has effects on what gets swapped out of article wikitext) - as an admin, would you be able to give it a review? (In case you already looked at it today: we just fixed a bug that caused the parameter settings not to show). Thanks! -- Kirkburn (talk) 20:40, June 25, 2015 (UTC)
Oy, do you think Tomb could get the honored user ? I think she has sone alot for the wikia and probably deserves it dont you think ?Emperor Jarjarkine The Ragged Flagon - Cistern 03:27, June 27, 2015 (UTC)
Team Oblivion Edit
Hi CCC, I just wanted to say that I'm resigning from the team Oblivion guild as I will be away from my computer for an extended period of time and it is necessary that our team Oblivion members make an edit every week which I obviously won't be able to do. It has been great being a member of team Oblivion, and I'm happy this wiki started guilds in the first place. Greeno200 (talk) 05:31, July 2, 2015 (UTC)
Just needed to remind you that there needs to be a Moot Leader and a Co-Moot Leader signed up. Since I already went, I cannot be those things until about five weeks have passed so I don't hog it all.
Unfortunately, it is against the rules for the Moot Leader to Present, simply because it presents a certain bias, and peope tend to get iffy if the Leader gets a say because it gives incentive to follow them, even if unintentionally. Atvelonis however, could fill these shoes.
If anyone really has any burning questions on how to be the Moot Leader, just skim the first meeting and you will get a pretty good idea. It's not at all difficult. Even a new user could do it.
Moot time Edit
i just want to know the exact time of when the moot will begin10:44, July 4, 2015 (UTC)
- Okay ! thanks, mabye if i'm lucky, i'll get the chance to pop in for an moment but, really not sure ^^' :) Emperor Jarjarkine The Ragged Flagon - Cistern 22:08, July 4, 2015 (UTC)
suggestions for emotes for Chat Edit
The Code of the emoticons Edit
see it in source mode
11:09, July 7, 2015 (UTC)
http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Why_the_dwemer_dissappeared Hey, CCC do you mind deleting this. It's very clearly just opinion and not worth an actual article. Thanks in advance. Starkiller131 (talk) 00:00, July 8, 2015 (UTC)