Re: Book imagesEdit
Hi CCC, just merge the page with Sheogorath. Don't make a redirect. I was going to do this one a long time ago but haven't had the time. Also Molag Bal (Online) and Meridia (Online). —EbonySkyrim Message! 08:34, September 12, 2014 (UTC)
- With everything else, this has been left so far, but If you can do it later that's great. About that book, ugh... I'll have a look, but I don't know if there is anything we can do. —EbonySkyrim Message! 15:29, September 12, 2014 (UTC)
Categorizing ESO charactersEdit
Hey CCC, I noticed that you have been adding the region & province to characters. We had a CT about this a few months ago, & only the city category should be added to them, if the characters aren't inside cities then we are to use the region. The province category is to be used only rarely. Such as if we don't know what city or region a character resides in. Ȼǿᵰᵮẽᵲ ₲ħǿśᵵ Ⱥᵰᵾᵬĭᵴ Đẽẽᵭᵴ 18:15, September 18, 2014 (UTC)
- Well the province cats are supposed to be a master category, to have characters from different locations within it as the subcategories. & the region categories are there because some characters aren't in cities or settlements. So that's when we use them.
- Thanks for bringing that to my attention, I have cleaned up the deletion candidates & you're welcome CCC happy editing! :) Ȼǿᵰᵮẽᵲ ₲ħǿśᵵ Ⱥᵰᵾᵬĭᵴ Đẽẽᵭᵴ 18:49, September 18, 2014 (UTC)
- Hay ! You were riight :) I've been asking to Ghost Anubis, and he told me that it normally, we dont do this :P Happpy editing :)Emperor Jarjarkine Senate Hall 02:55, September 19, 2014 (UTC)
Re: Book templateEdit
Hey CCC, It does sound like a good idea to have this on book series pages. And, in this case it might be a bit redundant to include the "See also" sections if we did start to use the book series template, since that is what the template is providing.
Hope you don't mind, but, I posted a 3 part usage of the example you gave in "The Truth of the Hunter". I removed the parts
|after=None from the first and third book, because my thought on it was what is the point in having an arrow point to somewhere you can't be directed. I'm thinking, maybe just leave it blank at the beginning and end of the books(?) —TombRaiser SPEAK! 00:59, September 20, 2014 (UTC)
Re:Why I moved itEdit
Hey CCC, no problem. The only time the for template needs to be above is when there is a default sentance in the info box, like with the quests. Otherwise it's to be before or after the quote. EbonySkyrim Message! 08:50, September 20, 2014 (UTC)
Re:Book series templateEdit
Hi CCC, Tomb is out of town at the moment so that's why she hasn't come back to you. I think it looks fine. But I moved it under the licence on one of the books, I think it looks better. EbonySkyrim Message! 09:12, September 21, 2014 (UTC)
- Yeah sorry for the delay CCC, I'm out of town right now, replying from my iPad actually. I just wanted to say that I looked at how the template looks on the very bottom of the page versus how it looks directly above to Apperances section, but, I have to disagree with Ebony about the placement. I kind of think the template flows well above the Appearances template, as its purpose is to go from one page to another kind of like when you're reading an eBook, and placing it below the Licensing template kind of looks out of place. I'm used to Liscening templates being the last thing seen on a page, too, so that could also be why it seems like a weird placement to me. Probably get another opinion on it, but it's definitely a useful thing to have on collection of books. —TombRaiser SPEAK! 18:47, September 21, 2014 (UTC)
Re: Book imagesEdit
I've talked with Tim about this and if the book is different we should make one for Online. On the page with the book list he has written on some that one should look for differences. If there is, create the book page. If it isn't leave it and add Online in the appearances. But no images from Online shall be added on those pages. Just leave them or add delete on them so can I delete them. EbonySkyrim Message! 21:42, September 22, 2014 (UTC)
Regarding your question about Book categories (For the benefit of the other people who read your talk page - the question was why we dont have a more detailed category system for online books, other than "Online: Notes") - I think the answer to the question is probably as simple as noone has ever thought about it before. I, personally, think that having a more detailed system can only be a good thing. Like you said - things such as Military Orders, journals, etc, are definitely something that people might be interested in searching for just on their own. Whilst we're at it, too, I can think of another categorisation for them - books by region. The note about Military Deployment in Auridon, for example, is from the region of Auridon. I think it would also be useful to have a category for the non-bookshelf books, and the regions in which they can be found. Do you agree? Timeoin•Say G'Day•View my work 17:13, September 23, 2014 (UTC)
- I mean for those that aren't found on Bookshelves. All of the notes (and journals) can be located outside of bookshelves, and some books, too. For example, the page I just created, Nirwaen's Diary, is located in Ilayas Ruins, which is in Malabal Tor. Timeoin•Say G'Day•View my work 01:53, September 24, 2014 (UTC)
- To a lesser extent, I've also tried to accomplish this with Creatures as well. Timeoin•Say G'Day•View my work 11:56, September 24, 2014 (UTC)
Hello. Gonna do some edits right nowEdit
I'm going to do some things; but first I need some pointers on a proper bio. I would like to put those "this user is an expert of" on my profile, but I can only assume those are obtained through editing a LOT. Which I doubt I'll be able to do, I'm always so busy. But I'll try to be as active as possible, balance things out.
I guess a place to start would be nice. WELP- actually, I can't now. This is ridiculous-my dad's picking me up and forcing me to help him do things when he knows full well I either have work to do or something more important. I know that sounds like a rude thing to say, but I'm tired of it. I've got a life to live here...let me live it!
I guess I'll just chat with you when I get back from his place. I've got nothing to do there, so I'll be bored and alone for awhile.
Please take this with a grain of salt or whatever. I'm trying to balance people coming and going through the house as well as plans getting mixed together.
blah don't worry about it Edit
Can you see this as a change? Edit
Just wondering if the "new" message shows up in place of the last one, in your notifications. Also, wonderful wonderful tip from you. I'll have a busy night tonight with two essays, so no editing for me, I won't be able to manage it. Still, we should PM at some point for a bit faster relaying, that way I can get re-introduced to the editing world. I've lost my touch after a year and a half, mate, not the same as I was at all. You've been a great help so far, even though I've done little for the Wiki so far...
Could you remove the Bosmeri Pantheon redirect which leads to the Bosmer page? I want to create the article, but can't do it because of this redirect. – The Snow Prince (talk) 23:25, September 27, 2014 (UTC)
RP vs. Main and WikiaEdit
Hi, I'm not an active member of this wiki, mostly because of the unrelated forum topics taking over the wiki. I initially came to the wiki to edit pages, but this wiki, to me, has turned into more of a social network, which I have no interest in. But, I wanted to come back to offer a possible solution to the dilemma of RP board vs. Mainspace that may benefit both parties. You are a staff member, I know you're not an admin, but you seem to be one of the staff members that is looking at both sides of story-- pros and cons. Why not come up with other possible solutions like keeping the RP board on this wiki, but removing the recent activity feed for forums just to the right side bar? Forum replies are already able to be seen in the right side bar, and it shouldn't be impossible to hide forum posts from the recent changes feed because the ability to "hide" certain edits is possible, ie, bot edits are hidden. Someone had mentioned that forum posts are counted as edits and that badges are received from posting on the forums which is generally something article editors should get. So, why not make it so postings on forums don't count toward edits or badges. Don't worry, I don't expect you to know how to accomplish this task, but Wikia COULD and SHOULD be able to accomplish all of that. When someone edits a template, user page or talk page, those edits DO NOT count towards badges (exception for the leaving a message to someone for the first time). My point is, because certain edits currently do not count, then it cannot be an impossible thing to achieve by making forum posts not count. Someone just needs to get on Wikia about it. It's frustrating enough seeing people get up in arms about the splitting of the wiki, when Wikia could be easing this tension by just doing something about what everyone has been requesting for a while...some more flexibility and ease of use of their product. Sorry, if this came off as ranty, but the blame is not with the staff or the members, it's firmly on Wikia. —KruziikrelSummon 00:07, September 28, 2014 (UTC)
- To Cheatcodechamp and Ghost Anubis: Thanks for taking time to respond. It was worth a shot, and it's too bad that Wikia denied (too bothered) to help in making some backend adjustments. I don't have anything else to say, but good luck. —KruziikrelSummon 02:40, September 29, 2014 (UTC)
Re:RP vs. Main and WikiaEdit
Hey CCC, I saw Kruz message here, & your message to Ebony so I thought I would respond. While Kruz makes good points, this has already been thought of before actually, & was mentioned on the thread itself. No there is no way to remove it from the activity feed nor to prevent edits for being counted when editing on the forums.
Only Wikia staff can do something like that, & they have already been spoken to about this long before the RP thread was ever made. They will not do it, they have already said that they won't. So there is no grey area here unfortunately it's either the board is removed or it remains. Ȼǿᵰᵮẽᵲ ₲ħǿśᵵ Ⱥᵰᵾᵬĭᵴ Đẽẽᵭᵴ 03:33, September 28, 2014 (UTC)
Re: Online CategoriesEdit
Hey CCC. It's been a while since you last posted me this message, and I've been out of town, so I wasn't able to answer. I can move Online: Notes to Online: Notes and Letters with DwemerBot, it will have to wait until tomorrow though. :) —TombRaiser SPEAK! 02:19, October 5, 2014 (UTC)
Hey CCC, I was wondering if we could have a chat about something. I'll be in chat all day for when you see this. --SuperSajuuk Talk Page | Tabber Code | My Contribs | Channel 10:21, October 5, 2014 (UTC)
Hi CCC, as you might have seen maybe, I've uploaded the images and added them to the page. It was actually a bit tricky as the first time I got so many different ones, it didn't add up to the description in the CK, so I went in today and took new images and this time I got them right. But even after turning combat off, they kept looking to the side, stupid characters.. so I had them spawned near the shrine instead. EbonySkyrim Message! 20:58, October 5, 2014 (UTC)
Re: Book changesEdit
Hey no worries CCC, there supposed to be removed from all the books in games, not just ESO. Also, if you see any italicized content be sure to remove that as well. & alright sounds good lol, I'm still on A :P Ȼǿᵰᵮẽᵲ ₲ħǿśᵵ Ⱥᵰᵾᵬĭᵴ Đẽẽᵭᵴ 04:19, October 7, 2014 (UTC)
- I appreciate that CCC, I could use all the help I can get, it's slow going. Ȼǿᵰᵮẽᵲ ₲ħǿśᵵ Ⱥᵰᵾᵬĭᵴ Đẽẽᵭᵴ 04:26, October 7, 2014 (UTC)
Hey CCC, the ESO authors page should be merged to the Authors one, so you can merge them if you wish, & then work on the ESO authors portion of it if you would like :) Ȼǿᵰᵮẽᵲ ₲ħǿśᵵ Ⱥᵰᵾᵬĭᵴ Đẽẽᵭᵴ 23:53, October 8, 2014 (UTC)
- Yeah I would just leave those for now, without to much relevant information on them like we have currently, it would be best until we learn more, hopefully we can get some more ESO editors to help in that regard. Ȼǿᵰᵮẽᵲ ₲ħǿśᵵ Ⱥᵰᵾᵬĭᵴ Đẽẽᵭᵴ 01:59, October 9, 2014 (UTC)
Re: Aureals and Mazken Edit
They are mentioned as Golden Saint and Dark Seducer in game more than they are the other names. I know Aureals and Mazkens are their proper names, but even their armor is called Golden Saint Armor and Dark Seducer Armor. So, I think it should remain that way. —TombRaiser SPEAK! 03:39, October 9, 2014 (UTC)
Wood Elf EtiquetteEdit
Going through the Orphaned pages, and I see the one about Note about 'Wood Elf Etiquette' . The books page lists it as a double quote. Which one is the in-game one? Timeoin•Say G'Day•View my work 04:26, October 16, 2014 (UTC)
- Ah. So its "Note about "Wood Elf Etiquette" (like that) ? Okay :) Timeoin•Say G'Day•View my work 17:09, October 16, 2014 (UTC)