I noticed a user called User:Oblivionluver has been vandalizing images in a couple articles. I remember they made some sort of revision a couple days ago the the Follower (Skyrim) article, but did not notice what they did to an image until today after i noticed what they did to another image in the beastfolk article. I almost didn't notice that either. Lets just say the alterations they made to the images would have been rather inappropriate for younger viewers. Ser Pouce-a-lot (talk) 03:07, July 12, 2015 (UTC)
- okay, i'll try to find users, what kind of wikia do you need ? Emperor Jarjarkine The Ragged Flagon - Cistern 13:56, July 12, 2015 (UTC)
A question about helping another wiki Edit
Hello! I'd like to ask you and all the other admins about something. This wiki has a great amount of articles (and they're of great quality, too!) but... the Polish version of the TES wiki has much less articles: just 6,769 at the moment. This is mostly due to a MUCH smaller polish-language gaming community and even smaller community of contributors. As an admin, I'd want to ask you if I could sometimes use articles from this wiki as help in filling in the vast gaps in the information on our wiki -I would sometimes translate a few paragraphs, a short article, check if I mentioned everything, etc. It would never be a copy-paste job. First of all, if I wanted to copy-paste, I'd have to translate stuff anyway (I can, though, I'm fluent in English). And I'd mostly check if I'd written everything correctly and lore-wisely. Everyone makes mistakes. After all, both wikis cover identical topics, just in different languages. We're a long way behind you and I'd want to speed up with adding pages and other content there. I play in English but I want to help those that don't know foreign languages as well as I do. I'd mention this at the Moot, but it's at 3 am my time. I hope you'll discuss this soon :D The Lusty Dovahkiin (talk) 22:14, July 12, 2015 (UTC)
RE:RE:A question about helping another wiki Edit
Thanks! It will help us a lot, really a lot. By the way, it's useful for you too, when I was reading some of your articles to recall some lore, I found typos and missing links. So it's a lil bit help for you, in return. Thanks, really.The Lusty Dovahkiin (talk) 22:51, July 12, 2015 (UTC)
Yeah i amEdit
I am okay but, I'm solving few things in my IRL life and, problems on wikia, related to fr things. Should be solved soon but, is it okay if i'm away for 1-2 weeks ? Emperor Jarjarkine The Ragged Flagon - Cistern 23:37, July 16, 2015 (UTC)
Edit and templatesEdit
Tanks for editing my new article. I have a question about what you did. I don't know how to make the Character template have the chart with information. There's a person who always do that in my articles and he said I had to cut and paste one he had done already but that doesn't work because there's no "cut" option, and if I copy instead of cutting, it won't let me paste. ): Do you know what could I do?
By the way, whtat do you think about the article? I would appreciate any feedback you could give me, getting started is tough but I'm enjoying it very much.
Thank you :)
Hey, i'll look at this tomorrow because, i'm about to go sleeping (3h in the morning) but, what link is it and what exacly is the problem ? I'm not sure to understand. Emperor Jarjarkine The Ragged Flagon - Cistern 07:13, July 18, 2015 (UTC)
I would like to know if there is any way to make projects here? Because I would like to help with few particular faction pages from Daggerfall.
Oblivion Guild Edit
Hey, I'm honestly sorry that I havent been too active with the Oblivion Guild. I cant find any project for us to do, which is a problem. Could you help find one for us?
We can do the articles needing attention, and then the stubs, but first I think we should round up those who are active and willing to help in the guild. Tehpwner7067 (talk) 23:20, July 24, 2015 (UTC)
"Citation needed" templateEdit
Regarding the aforementioned template, I think we should institute a policy where if you add said template to an article, you need to go on the Talk Page and list what needs to be cited, particularly on long articles. DRAEVAN13 15:19, July 30, 2015 (UTC)
Gallus's Journal Edit
Hey CCC, I've been doing some work related to Skyrim Falmer language items. I'm not sure if this is something others have noticed and the article has been done this way on purpose, or if it's something people haven't noticed, but there are 2 separate journals for the item Gallus's Encoded Journal. The actual Encoded Journal is the one written in Falmer with the ID 000CEDA6 and the translated version is called "Gallus's Journal" with the item ID 0001BB6D. How do we proceed with this? Bluesonic1 (talk) 08:49, August 1, 2015 (UTC) (p.s. I'm in the process of compiling screenshots of the untranslated journal so that they can be shown on the wiki much like Unknown Book, Vol. I, II, III and IV.)
Would You Kindly ? Edit
For spam and insulting/ordurial activity on User:Enda Kenny's talk page.
- I removed the message for now snow. If they do it again, I'll keep removing them until CCC or another admin can do something about it. Starkiller131 (talk) 14:36, August 1, 2015 (UTC)
CT for RP ForumEdit
Hey CCC, I think the issue is that the new users that are complaining about the restriction are unaware of that the Wiki's RP community moved over to the Sandbox Wiki after the concensus a few months ago was reached. They must think it was just restricted and everyone stopped Roleplaying. Talos guide you Kinsmen Speak Citizen! 15:15, August 5, 2015 (UTC)
- Of the two current RPs that are taking up the spots one is not actually an story, it is an more of an offtopic since it is about random terrible things that users come up with to happen to Nazeem. The other is a choice adventure, in which the narrator writes the story and users choose between different outcomes. I can see why they would be bored of them. The best this is to point them to the right direction and try to calm them down. Talos guide you Kinsmen Speak Citizen! 15:27, August 5, 2015 (UTC)
Can you help me upload a photo? Edit
Cheatcodechamp I need help uploading a photo it keeps saying "permission error" is there another way to upload a photo or do you think I'm doing something wrong? Bloody Swords1 (talk) 15:27, August 5, 2015 (UTC)
Out of curiosity i went to the MOTM page to see if i was on the list because i don't have the member of the month thing in my profile, and I noticed that it said I'm MOTM for July. Anyway thought I should point that out. Ser Pouce-a-lot (talk) 20:18, August 5, 2015 (UTC)
Hey CCC, I noticed that in the Community Messages section, the Sandbox is not listed in the affiliates. No one must have noticed that before. Talos guide you Kinsmen Speak Citizen! 15:21, August 9, 2015 (UTC)
New Stub photo Edit
Hey CCC. A while ago I talked to Atvelonis about changing the general/default stub picture of an Elder Scroll to something that would actually relate more to something that could be considered unfinished or needing improvement. I request that you change the photo to File:Stub.png, which is a photo of the Broken Iron Sword Handle titled at a horizontal angle. Thanks in advance. ☞ Rim < Talk | Updates | Edits > 01:21, August 16, 2015 (UTC)
I'm new to the ES wiki and I'm trying to get my bearings and have encountered a few pages that I would like to edit but are locked. Specificaly the Sheogorath article. I know this page was not locked by you, but the user that did lock it is now retired so I felt asking an admin would make sense. Is there any way I could get the rights to edit the Sheogorath page? It is in desperate need of repair. ArnuKhor (talk) 20:05, August 18, 2015 (UTC)
[Troll in chat] The user Ahaarik is claiming he is psychic, has telekinesis, got a bear to kill some Russians, and is going to strangle a demon in his basement. I'd recommend action against his trolling, especially with Chatlogs. ShawnHowellsCP (talk) 05:58, August 20, 2015 (UTC)
Rules for Avatars Edit
Hi, I've been on the ES wiki for almost a week now and uploaded an avatar around two days ago. It suddenly disappeared today. I was wondering if there are any rules in regards to licensing/ copywrite in regards to avatars which may have led to its being deleted by an admin, or is it just a bug? I've uploaded the same photo again in case it was the latter. I have read the wikia's media policies in regards to user images but I can't tell if they apply to avatars as well. Bronkiin (talk) 17:36, August 21, 2015 (UTC)
Troll on TES Chat Edit
Hey CCC, we're having some trouble in TES Chat with a troll, if you could help that would be great!
Spammer in chat Edit
CCC, Aethel has been spamming in chat. This is the second time today, and it always happens when there are no mods or admins within it. We need someone over here please, if you could help that would be great. Thanks! --Kora Stormblade (talk) 01:58, August 24, 2015 (UTC)
- Aeathel has been spamming the chat several times... http://s13.postimg.org/l9tfoa6x3/Aeathel.jpg She always does it when no mod is on. 02:02, August 24, 2015 (UTC)
- Ugh Fuck... great Now I am going to get banned.... -sighs- I hate my sister...... my sister she has anger issues and she uses it out on my account I keeep telling her to stop it but she never listens to me I hope you won't banned me I will try to controle my sister Aeathel (talk) 02:12, August 24, 2015 (UTC)
- Aeathel admitted to doing it because she was bored. http://s8.postimg.org/wc0jkvzr9/Aeathel2.jpg 02:22, August 24, 2015 (UTC)
- I have also seen her spam and annoy people in chat and on the wiki. She's been warned plenty of times, and now she's blaming her behavior on someone else. She doesn't contribute to the mainspace, and the edits she does make result in creating unnecessary drama. --Shockstorm (talk) 03:38, August 24, 2015 (UTC)
- REPLY: Ok, I'd look for helpers / VTSF next time no mods are on, thanks. :D 06:43, August 24, 2015 (UTC)
Hey, sorry I missed your message, I wasn't looking at chat at the time and by the time I got back you were gone. I think we could definitely help each other out, after all who wouldn't want to wash a sweet roll down with an ice cold nuka cola? We can talk in detail about it some other time, feel free to swing in to chat again or drop me a message on my talk page on Nukapedia. JASPER//"Do you like hurting other people?" 04:56, August 24, 2015 (UTC)
- We also have a [] (and luckily I admin it) so I'll be sure to promote the sweet roll on there (along with your page too). JASPER//"Do you like hurting other people?" 14:56, August 24, 2015 (UTC)
Alright I understand thank you. I promise that I changed my password and locked down my laptop from my sister so It won't happen again. Also. how many days am I banned? Aeathel (talk) 16:43, August 24, 2015 (UTC)
- Eh, I'm well known for forgetting to complete thhings :P (I probably just got bogged down by all the Orphans) Timeoin•Say G'Day•View my work 20:39, August 25, 2015 (UTC)
more TESO stuff Edit
TESO stuff again ;) I wanted to ask if I should add TESO info to infoboxes even if the book doesn't have any weight or value (as always in TESO) and isn't a lorebook or skillbook. I'm talking about the case when it appears in previous games as well, like The Buying Game. It'd just be 'N/A' put in fields of weight and value in TESO infobox section. Another thing: I'm not sure what the policy on TESO dialogues is, should I add them to character articles or quest articles? Sorry for bothering you, I'm just not sure about this policy. The Lusty Dovahkiin (talk) 18:43, August 25, 2015 (UTC)
Re: deleted image Edit
Spammer on Chat Edit
- Tomorrow will be 3 days, Aeathel. Your ban ends then. ShawnHowellsCP (talk) 19:48, August 26, 2015 (UTC)
Hey CCC, this is my Last week here for a while, I have a few things i'D like to talk with you about :P Just leave me a message when you'll be back or...if you see me on the chat, dont hesitate to join, like amt ^^ Emperor Jarjarkine The Ragged Flagon - Cistern 00:33, August 27, 2015 (UTC)
I'll take a look at it, not sure how much can be added since she's only in one brief quest but I'll see about improving it. DRAEVAN13 11:56, August 27, 2015 (UTC)
Aeathel is at it again -.- Edit
I caught Aeathel harassing this new member http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/User_talk:Dragon_Heaven :/ ∰ Queen Finelia Ω the Mighty High Goddess of God Dimension ⊛ ( talk ) Ꮻ 23:49, August 27, 2015 (UTC)
User Deleting Their Profile and Talk Page Edit
Kora stumbled across a user's edit that removed their talk and profile pages. We figured that's against wikia policy (or wiki, im not sure), so I took the liberty of restoring it and alerting you. I'd like to know if this was the correct course of action. The user is Kadewon01.
- Reverting the talk page blanking was correct, but users can remove content from their own userpages for any reason. There was no deletion request involved at all. So this whole thing was uncalled for and quite frankly bizarre. --Shockstorm (talk) 04:08, August 28, 2015 (UTC)
Remove from 'needs an image' category. Edit
I am sure this has a relatively straightforward answer! But once I have added a photo to an article previously without one, how do I remove it from the 'needs an image' category? Bronkiin (talk) 11:53, August 28, 2015 (UTC)
I really like this wikia, escpecially the layout on the home page. If you could find me the person who did that, or who can do that for my wikia, that'll be really awesome.
User Image Deletion Edit
Sorry to bother you again! I've accidentally uploaded a UserImage which I assume is far too large. You'll find it on my profile. Would it be possible for you to remove it, if needs be? How far can one exceed the limit? The 500kb (for three images!) seems a bit harsh, unless I'm misinterpreting it. Bronkiin (talk) 00:47, August 29, 2015 (UTC)
I'd need someone to replace me for the interviews. Mabye naming Madman to do thems ? I dont want to see the project dying. Could you try to find someone for me ? May the force be with you, alwayEmperor Jarjarkine The Ragged Flagon - Cistern 02:44, August 29, 2015 (UTC)
- Great :D Also, i have few ideas for Image of the week on the main page. :PMay the force be with you, alway Emperor Jarjarkine The Ragged Flagon - Cistern 03:45, August 29, 2015 (UTC)
- By the way, if you have time, come on the chat and bip me ^^ May the force be with you, alway Emperor Jarjarkine The Ragged Flagon - Cistern 04:03, August 29, 2015 (UTC)
Re: Hoping we can talk Edit
/* Skyrim Quotes */ Edit
I got your message on my talk page, and I look forward to discusing it further with you on chat. I will also look at the Skyrim articles and see what I can do.
I would like to report a Bully And A Harassment name is Bojutsu
- I explained on your talk page, please refer to that.-Cheatcodechamp (talk) 06:56, September 2, 2015 (UTC)
- I thought when looking something up that this was an ESO wiki but now i realise its ALL elderscrolls games... i should of elaborated that this info is for the Elder Scrolls Online game. there is no BOOK guide about that game, other than lore books and i dont want lore books. I was going to attempt to make it from scratch, as in find the skill books and post the locations on the wiki. Gakatako (talk) 06:41, September 3, 2015 (UTC)
I am so sorry I did not respond. I was pulled away and I forgot chat was even on. Regarding interviews, its logical for someone like me to do them, and I am open to the idea. I would like to know the more specific details and from there, I can coordinate my own plan on how to do them and how to make them fun. But I will do them. But first thongs first, details. I need 'em. Is there a schedule, a template? Anything you can give me (or Jarjar can give me) is welcome.
Then Thanks again for the oppurtunity!