Wikia

Elder Scrolls

Cheatcodechamp

aka Alex

Administrator
8,964 Edits since joining this wiki
February 29, 2012
  • I live in U.S.A
  • I was born on August 14
  • My occupation is Admin (Elder scrolls wikia), Admin (Spartacus Wikia), Admin (Breakout Kings Wikia), Admin, (Wikianswers), Admin (Black sails)
  • I am Male
 
Talos Shrine
If you never ask, you will never learn.Please feel free to leave a question or comment and I will make sure to reply as fast as I can. Please do not edit other peoples messages or post.

Online PetsEdit

I have come to relize that there are two pet pages that bassicly serve the same purpose of being a summery of pets just the first is also the listing page, should one be deleted or are they both needed? I have been working on the first one but don't really know what to do with the second one without saying the same thing the first one says. Your imput would be much appriceated if you think something needs improving aswell ^^

(Pg.1- Category:Online: Pets

(Pg.2- Pets (Online)

Wolfsbane Huntress (talk) 01:59, February 28, 2015 (UTC)

Elder Scrolls Wiki app Edit

Hey CCC. Is it noted anywhere on the wiki that our wiki has a mobile app? I have only found one mention of it on the site, but other than that I've got nothing. There should probably be something about it in the Community Messages or possibly the main page. —Atvelonis (talk) 21:34, February 28, 2015 (UTC)

Nevermind, just realized it was already on the home page. Not sure how I missed that. Still, it would be good if it was mentioned somewhere else too. —Atvelonis (talk) 21:40, February 28, 2015 (UTC)

Cleanup Edit

Hey was up. I was wondering if I could get more abilities like patroller or admin. First thing to become one, how many edits do you want me to do? Whats your least amount of edits to accept me? I like to go add images alot.
I beg of you

I beg of you

 Sorry about the summary. It should say "More Abilities" Thank you.WOT3000 (talk) 23:37, February 28, 2015 (UTC)WOT3000

You misunderstood Edit

No no no. I mean when I get enough edits in then maybe. Not now but in the nearby future. I have been very active before but I lost my profile because it was stolen. 😡. You understand now?WOT3000 (talk) 00:15, March 1, 2015 (UTC)WOT3000

To be honost Id tell you what my other profile was but it was like stolen in i think somewhere around 2008-9. I couldnt remember what it was. Though, I do remember the number 86 at the end of it. 😣 I was active for months on it.WOT3000 (talk) 00:35, March 1, 2015 (UTC)WOT3000
I did a quick scour of Special:ListUsers for users with >100 edits and I only found one account ending with 86. Well, there was also another account ending with 386, rather than simply 86. And there was a third ending with the number 864, so including 86 but not ending with it. None of those are as old as you remember having lost yours, though. So one of these could be your alleged lost account, but it's doubtful. —Atvelonis (talk) 01:45, March 2, 2015 (UTC)

Crowns Template Edit

Hey CC. As 1.6 for ESO is in Beta and will be released soon, I thought I should bring up the crowns currency scenario. While it is not yet implemented, it is confirmed to be in the game soon and can be tested on the Beta server. That being said, as it is a new currency, I think it's time it get's an icon. To differentiate, septims and crowns are different currencies and should have their own templates to define them. Septims already have the template GoldIcon, but crowns do not have one. I have uploaded this photo Crowns Icon to the wiki and have plans to use it in the crowns template. The only problem is while templates GoldIcon, DamageIcon, WeightIcon, MagickaIcon, Health-icon all have their own templates based on the first letter in their corresponding attribute, Template:C is taken. It is used in a couple of articles, but I think it should be re-purposed. The nature of Template:C should be recreated as Template:E, while Template:C becomes the crowns icon template. ☞ Rim < Chat with Me | Updates | Edits > 20:38, March 1, 2015 (UTC)

QuoteEdit

Ok, if I find a good quote I will tell you.

PS.: I just reinstalled Morrowind and will play the game again, so I can add images and more content. So I can be a part of the Morrowind Guild. Talos guide you Kinsmen Speak Citizen! 23:58, March 1, 2015 (UTC)

Ok, thanks. Talos guide you Kinsmen Speak Citizen! 00:06, March 2, 2015 (UTC)
You could use this quote: "Gotta keep my eyes open. Damn dragons could swoop down at any time."; for the Moderators or the Patrollers. Since they do have to keep their eyes open on their respective spaces. Personally I think it fits more for the Patrollers, as the quote that both use right now fits the Forum Mods more. As they do deal with Drunken Brawls (Flame Wars) in the forums, while the Patrollers don't. Talos guide you Kinsmen Speak Citizen! 00:12, March 2, 2015 (UTC)
I feel like the moderator quote should be "no lollygagging". Dovahsebrom (talk) 01:19, March 2, 2015 (UTC)
Really like Burned-Mane's quote, another good one could be "If you're here for trouble, then you'll get more than you bargained for" - Ordinator G0LD3NF1RE Questions Goes Here 01:34, March 2, 2015 (UTC)

Just askingEdit

I was wondering if you can merge the hero of kvatch page with the sheogorath page as ebony skyrim showed everyone an email from one of the guys from Bethesda confirmed that he became the daedric prince so I think that you should merge the two pages together k thanks (Dragon Boy 252 (talk) 03:40, March 2, 2015 (UTC))

CongratsEdit

Hey man, congratulation for your promotion ! That'S simply amazing ! I do think you'll do great ! Everyone does ! Dont forget changing your masthead and the rights of Atvelo as well as his color :P anyway, congrats, ask me if you need anything ! Emperor Jarjarkine Aldmeri Dominion The Ragged Flagon - Cistern 21:07, March 2, 2015 (UTC)

They told you they want an interview ? Emperor Jarjarkine Aldmeri Dominion The Ragged Flagon - Cistern 21:20, March 2, 2015 (UTC)
Anyway, i'm of course going to make an interview, i swore to you that i would help you by all the thing i can do ! Interviewing is my job here :P I'll try to do this this week :P Emperor Jarjarkine Aldmeri Dominion The Ragged Flagon - Cistern 21:27, March 2, 2015 (UTC)
Do you know how to change the color for thems ? Emperor Jarjarkine Aldmeri Dominion The Ragged Flagon - Cistern 03:25, March 3, 2015 (UTC)

All good. Edit

All is well sir. Just had some offline issues to handle. :) Gaminomicon (talk) 04:03, March 3, 2015 (UTC)

I'll get with my guildmates tomorrow evening and see what they think. I've never actually shared a word with them lol. I'll have the images finished in about a week barring further issues. If neither of them want to start on the stubs or locations, I'll dive in on those next. We'll get it done one way or the other. Thank you kindly for the help sir. I'll have to compose a giant thank you list after this is all over since I owe many a great amount of gratitude. Getting back to work now. :) Gaminomicon (talk) 04:10, March 3, 2015 (UTC)

Highlights error Edit

In MediaWiki:Common.css/highlights.css, Atvelonis is put in both Patroller and Admin groups. Even after Ctrl + F5-ing, his name is still in yellow. I believe removing him from the patroller section but leaving him in the sysop section would fix this issue. ☞ Rim < Chat with Me | Updates | Edits > 04:48, March 3, 2015 (UTC)

I told Atvelonis in chat earlier, he's fixed it now. ☞ Rim < Chat with Me | Updates | Edits > 09:28, March 3, 2015 (UTC)

Map imageEdit

Hi cheatcodechamp!

I had uploaded a map for skuldafn in skyrim but when i checked the page for skuldafn it wasnt there,can you help me??

Thanks a lot.High King Link (talk) 16:40, March 3, 2015 (UTC)

Re: Mod Rights Edit

Thanks and thanks for the fish stick too. AzuraKnight (talk) 17:23, March 3, 2015 (UTC)

Re:Edit

Yo ! That's amazing :) Thanks ! You liked the last interview I see :) Who should I  interview next ? Emperor Jarjarkine Aldmeri Dominion The Ragged Flagon - Cistern 12:14, March 4, 2015 (UTC)

Yo, i'll think about it :) I'm not sure i understand the archive part ?Emperor Jarjarkine Aldmeri Dominion The Ragged Flagon - Cistern 23:49, March 4, 2015 (UTC)

Editor question Edit

Hi cheatcodechamp

Some body in name of SuperSajuuk is deleting my map image about skuldafn and he say its moded image and it is pointless because it hasn't any icon on map so he is deleting my post about two or three times . Its isn't a mod when odahviing will deliver you to skuldafn then i go on map and took a screenshot but SuperSajuuk say it is a mod please do somthing when i had checked his talk page many people was upset of him please do something.Thanks a lot.High King Link (talk) 17:13, March 4, 2015 (UTC)

This dude obviously misinterpreted what I told him. I said to him that a previous map image of Skuldafn was removed because it was modded. I will continue to remove his map image from the article because it doesn't depict the location at all and serves no purpose to the wiki in any way. --Sajuuk talk | contribs | Channel 18:17, March 4, 2015 (UTC)

Re: Doralin Edit

I'm not sure. It's always a possibility that there are two characters by the name. I've come across several NPCs who share the same name as another NPC but have a different race. The UESP article does suggest a Greenshade character, but I know that UESP does not have all ESO NPCs either. When I get the time to play ESO again, I'll try to confirm it, but for now I think we should just leave it. I know that this isn't a beta-only character since the page was added by Timeon on April 12th, try asking him if you haven't already. ☞ Rim < Chat with Me | Updates | Edits > 19:26, March 4, 2015 (UTC)

Chat Edit

Hey, if you get about 5-10 minutes, please join the chat as I'd like to ask something. If you are on chat, reply to this just so I know (I may not be at PC when you join, so a reply will make sure :P) --Sajuuk talk | contribs | Channel 10:02, March 5, 2015 (UTC)

Hey. We had a nice chat last night, I just have a minor question to ask on chat, if you can make it. :) --Sajuuk talk | contribs | Channel 21:00, March 6, 2015 (UTC)
Whoops, I didn't notice that the chat had crashed. I'll be in chat for another 5 minutes, if you need to discuss anything more. :) --Sajuuk talk | contribs | Channel 22:55, March 6, 2015 (UTC)
That's fine. At least you are being diplomatic. I may create a forum thread tomorrow (hopefully it can be highlighted?) to discuss it, since there's a bit of divide with some supporting each side. This way, we can collate the opinions of the wiki and see what people think is better (after all, it is a community wiki, so naturally, the community form the way it looks :P)
Do note that I see the value in the argument against un-disambiguating locations, but the fact is that not un-disambiguating locations is inconsistent with every other type of disambiguation on the wiki and that it just seems like an alternative way to mimic UESP's method of categorising content by game (which uses custom namespaces, which we cannot duplicate, since Wikia only allows 3 custom namespaces and using namespaces would definitely look obvious :P)
I already spoke to Atvelonis about the issue, who told me that he was fine with the idea of un-disambiguating locations (which he did a couple of times, such as with Altar of Thrond and Tree Stone, but I'll try and see if I can chat again and get him to post his opinion on the forum thread
Cheers! --Sajuuk talk | contribs | Channel 23:12, March 6, 2015 (UTC)
I've gone ahead and posted a thread. Please highlight it so others can see it and give their opinion. :) --Sajuuk talk | contribs | Channel 10:19, March 7, 2015 (UTC)
Thanks for highlighting the thread! I see you are in chat, but you aren't saying anything: did chat crash or something? --Sajuuk talk | contribs | Channel 21:00, March 7, 2015 (UTC)
Ahh that explains it. I guess you saw some of the conversation I was having with Ned1230 and High King Dragonborn? If you want, you can rejoin chat and discuss them :D --Sajuuk talk | contribs | Channel 21:17, March 7, 2015 (UTC)
Noted. However, many of the sysops I was talking about all left and don't have any intentions of returning. I respect them as users, but I don't feel they earned my respect as sysops (with a few notable exceptions). --Sajuuk talk | contribs | Channel 21:39, March 7, 2015 (UTC)

hello Edit

I like turtles. Also, this is a test 101.168.255.224 02:41, March 7, 2015 (UTC)

Re: Retirement template Edit

Hey CC, I've finished off any changes to the template. I replaced the Imperial Skyrim Dragon to the Bust of the Gray Fox, considering the Gray Fox was a high ranking member of the Thieves' Guild who then retired after getting rid of his curse and is still remembered by the members of the Guild. The image has been resized so that the title bar will be the same as the other staff templates.

I also advise you to use this template on former staff of the community who have little to none interest in retaining their old positions. They can still be active, but if they don't want to be promoted again then only then should it be applied. ☞ Rim < Chat with Me | Updates | Edits > 06:35, March 7, 2015 (UTC)

Re: Weekly update Edit

Well, you should mention the new {{Retired Staff}} template, and maybe that you've been redoing those character infoboxes recently. And you should probably also say something about the hundreds of images Gaminomicon has uploaded so far; might get people more motivated to edit? That's all I can think of off the top of my head. —Atvelonis (talk) 22:08, March 7, 2015 (UTC)

Hmmm, maybe not something I want to give an opinion on, but maybe if you are struggling for news for the weekly updates, you could ask the community whether there are any users they feel should be given additional rights (if any such users exist on the wiki).
That way, maybe the next weekly update could include nominations for said users and the wiki can improve: not to mention, this will also garner better interactivity in the update thread and make it more community oriented this time. :)
Just my two cents though, feel free to ignore if you wish :) --Sajuuk talk | contribs | Channel 22:15, March 7, 2015 (UTC)

Interview subspace Edit

Hey CCC, thought I would suggest something for the front page. Do you think you could make a subspace for Interviews on it? It would be between Community News and Interviews, and any blog post in the interview category would be displayed there. Get back to me when you can, thanks. ☞ Rim < Chat with Me | Updates | Edits > 03:24, March 8, 2015 (UTC)

I think all you need to do is copy the code from the news or community news section and use CTRL + F to find everywhere it links to news and replace it with the interviews category. Anything in the interview category would be posted on the front page, under the section. ☞ Rim < Chat with Me | Updates | Edits > 00:12, March 9, 2015 (UTC)

NTEdit

Can you come on the chat please ?Emperor Jarjarkine Aldmeri Dominion The Ragged Flagon - Cistern 04:31, March 8, 2015 (UTC)

Oblivion MobileEdit

Hello CCC, I've realized that in the series section of the upper toolbar, we don't have a tab for Oblivion Mobile. We do have one for TES Travels: Oblivion, but that is actually a different game which was never actually made. I think a link to Oblivion Mobile should be there, either in the 'other' section, or under the 'Oblivion' section. Your Brother in Arms (talk) 00:20, March 11, 2015 (UTC)

ResignationEdit

Hey, I wanted to let you know that I've been way too busy lately and I don't really have any more time to edit on the wiki. I've just decided that I should resign because of this and I don't think I'll be returning for quite a while. I'm sorry to leave but life has just gotten in the way. I've had a great time here. :) — Fire Wolf Pup (talk)  07:57, March 11, 2015 (UTC)

Thanks, best of luck to you and the wiki. :) — Fire Wolf Pup (talk)  08:20, March 11, 2015 (UTC)

Spambot Edit

Found this spambot that left weird messages on the forums and on their talk page advertising adoption, think it's best to ban them before they post any more. ☞ Rim < Chat with Me | Updates | Edits > 17:41, March 11, 2015 (UTC)

The Plan... Edit

My plan is now to go ahead with these last few missing images from the various quests. Three of these require plugins which I do not currently have but will within the coming week. The next phase we had discussed was the replacing of the various images that for one reason or another were not up to par with the guidelines but I think that is somewhat secondary in importance. I'm thinking the ridiculous amount of stubs needs attention next. Along the way, since 95-97% of Morrowind is stubs, I can replace those images and add in the missing location images, maps, whatever, and start creating all the missing pages for the... everything... that I will run across. With any luck some active editors will join my guild during the coming months. I say with luck because I have no idea where to hunt these potential guildmates on this site since I'm still new and have been too busy to explore all the features. There are several I would invite but I know they are working on the other TES projects and sniping is generally frowned upon in any team setup like this. Any helpful advice in that department would be nice. I know we've spoken about this next bit before but it has come back around now since I'm about to begin the much larger works for the project, I need more tools. That almighty delete, rename, and/or undo that will allow me to fix my own mistakes as I go, while the information is fresh as it were, rather than wait for someone else to come along potentially hours after the fact when I might not even be on still. I do sleep sometimes. Whatever is involved in the granting of this boon, let's do it. If there's some concern about the noob going postal with deletions, squash that. Vandals don't hunt down 1474 ingame images, let alone the 1200 or so that were edited and put in place. :P It will help me help you and make this just a little bit easier and much less frustrating because I know my daily ambush of you and the others with questions/requests is, or will be, tiresome to put it mildly. So there's the plan sir. I'll be offline gathering the last images now since it's far less taxing on my system to do offline. I'll be back late tomorrow night to upload and edit. Cyas. :) Gaminomicon (talk) 05:02, March 12, 2015 (UTC)

re: rights fix Edit

Just as an fyi, User:Alduin1996 still has the rollback flag, so you might want to consider removing that (as he resigned a while back earlier, but you couldn't remove his rollback at the time). --Sajuuk talk | contribs | Channel 09:18, March 12, 2015 (UTC)

Re: Fixed redlinkEdit

Hey CCC, well actually I still get email notifications when people post on my talk page. So I did eventually see your message, that's fine that you fixed the link, & I don't mind, nor is it really private. In fact that sandbox could really benefit the Morrowind team when & if they ever finish what I never did, which is Vivec City.

So by all means friend, you're welcome to edit it. & I see, well thanks I appreciate that. Who knows maybe they may come back around when TES 6 releases or is announced, I'm not sure. I most likely won't be returning, or at least anytime soon. Glad things are going okay, & it's good to see you finally got administrator, you deserve it. Ghost Anubis (talk) 16:04, March 12, 2015 (UTC)

Travels templates Edit

We're going to need to update Template:TravelsNPCs and Template:TravelsWeapons. They have all the necessary sections, but they're format doesn't "pop out" like Template:SkyrimIngredients or Template:DaggerfallArmor. We also need a Template:TravelsLocations soon. ☞ Rim < Chat with Me | Updates | Edits > 02:40, March 13, 2015 (UTC)

Mannimarco (Lore Page)Edit

Hey dude i think that there should be a lore page on Mannimarco as he is a major character in the series. I would do it but i have a lot on my plate and don't think i will have the time to make such a big page so if you have time do you think that you could do it thanks if you have any questions just message me (Dragon Boy 252 (talk) 04:13, March 14, 2015 (UTC))

Chat Edit

Hi, poke me when you are able to get on chat. Need to ask you to do something. :P --Sajuuk talk | contribs | Channel 16:49, March 14, 2015 (UTC)

VivecEdit

I believe Vivec should be the next FA, but I think we need to update the Chimer infobox, or just the lore races infoboxes as a whole.

Thoughts? —AutoBlood Talk 01:14, March 15, 2015 (UTC)

I'm inclined to replace them, personally. (Replaced with the standard "Character" one, as was in the process of doing that anyway) (Also: Link being removed as it can now be deleted)TimeoinSay G'DayView my work 02:46, March 15, 2015 (UTC)
Thanks Tim and CCC. Though, the white border around the infobox is only on the right side. And yes CCC, I saw that in the update, I was just giving my opinion here.
Thanks. —AutoBlood Talk 18:50, March 15, 2015 (UTC)

Re:NominationEdit

Thanks :) I wont desapoint you ! By the way, do i have to put the userbox ? oh and, do i have a masthead ? Emperor Jarjarkine Aldmeri Dominion The Ragged Flagon - Cistern 01:39, March 17, 2015 (UTC)

Windhelm Article Edit

So I was reading through the recent weekly update and as a result, reading through the mentioned Windhelm article nomination and the "Segregation" section caught my attention. Ulfric never issued the decree that forbids Argonians from living in Windhelm- that was apparently done by Hoag Merkiller in the Second Era (who was also the person who actually first opened up Windhelm to Dunmer refugees too) as covered in the book Scourge of the Gray Quarter (it at least definitely mentions that the segragation was going on long before Ulfric's time). Likewise, there isn't any mention that some of the Nord residents highlight that they dislike the Dunmer living in the city because they carry out Daedra worshiping which many of the guards are too afraid to do anything about, which is technically illegal in Skyrim (I think?) so I could kinda see why they would be upset at the Dunmer people in this sense.

Sorry if this is a bit vague & without references- I'm currently overseas and don't have much available to me! This all just came to mind when I read through the article and thought I'd bring it up with you or at least someone who's not in my limited position :P Bluesonic1 (talk) 05:11, March 18, 2015 (UTC)

No worries, glad to help when I can :) Sorry I can't be of more help at the moment- will be overseas for a month now... Bluesonic1 (talk) 19:36, March 19, 2015 (UTC)

Request to add a pageEdit

May I add a page for the Child of Bones from the Online tutorial? I felt it was better to ask than have it deleted. I have a screenshot to use and text to write. --Meme99 (talk) 15:04, March 18, 2015 (UTC)

InterviewsEdit

Hey ! I'd have an idea for the interviews ! We could talk about it when you'll be ready :) Emperor Jarjarkine Aldmeri Dominion The Ragged Flagon - Cistern 20:42, March 18, 2015 (UTC)

Community news Edit

Hey CCC, you think it would make sense to categorize your weekly updates under "Community News," so that they appear in that tab of the front page? It is news for the community, after all, so it'd be good to do that in my opinion. —Atvelonis (talk) 02:54, March 19, 2015 (UTC)

re: archive template Edit

That template has been around for ages, the template is meant to be placed in archives because the archive tool is supposed to be used, but it is not added to your archives because you do it manually. Since that same user has edited your archives twice now, I felt it appropriate to place the template that is supposed to be there on them so he might get the hint not to keep on doing it, sorry for not informing but I was quite busy at the time and only had time to undo the edit, fix the mistake and place the template so it wouldn't happen again. --Sajuuk talk | contribs | Channel 08:34, March 19, 2015 (UTC)

Our Wiki's bad reputationEdit

Hey CCC. I'm contacting you because I've just found a quite recent example of this wiki's awful reputation in other Forums, specifically the Bethesda Forums. In this topic, the OP has found a fanon addition to one of our lore articles, specifically the First Era timeline. Don't worry, I've already removed all fanon lines I could find in that page (it was shockingly three seperate paragraphs which were purely fanon, with no source); however, as you can see in the thread, users are already beginning to bash our wiki. This case is espescially important because it raises the question how we can prevent fanon from being inserted (unnoticed) into our lore articles. An idea I have is that literally every definitive statement in a lore article has to be sourced, either immediately or in a given frame of time; if that does not happen, said statement is removed: I had this idea because none of those three paragraphs I mentioned earlier were sourced. What do you think? Pelinal the Whitestrake, the Bloody and Insurgent (talk) 13:30, March 20, 2015 (UTC)

If I may interject, after seeing this in the feed.
I think one way we could possibly do this is by moving Lore articles into a Lore namespace. Then, in the same way that we filter out joke category additions for anons, we could have a filter that simply disallows people from adding new content without a reference for it.
The filter would be fairly easy to set up and we can even make it only affect the Lore namespace.
Feel free to give me some pokes if you want to go that route, I can make a thread if this is something to consider. --Sajuuk talk | contribs | Channel 19:29, March 20, 2015 (UTC)
I sort of like the idea Sajuuk proposed. And if we do this, maybe we should make achievements for it; just like the other ones, but for editing lore articles. Lore is something that I am no good at, but the wiki still needs a hell of a lot of improvement in it. We need to be stricter about what lore gets added to the site, in my opinion. Or I suppose we could just emphasize referencing more than we do now. For example, on lore articles, a message would pop up saying to remember to reference your info, or something like that. —Atvelonis (talk) 21:22, March 20, 2015 (UTC)
My concern is how will the filter effect editing. Will this filter trigger if somebody was doing clean up or maintenance? Or only when people expand the article? Unless this filter could determain correctly when it was needed, I see it being as much a nuisance as an asset —This unsigned comment is by Cheatcodechamp (talkcontribs) 21:14, March 20, 2015 (UTC). Please sign your posts with ~~~~!
No, we can customise the filter to only trigger when a certain number of bytes are being added to the page and we can also do another trigger so maintenance won't be affected whatsoever. Abuse Filters are very customisable with a lot of options to determine exactly when to trigger the filter. --Sajuuk talk | contribs | Channel 21:34, March 20, 2015 (UTC)
EDIT: Just now, I went to my sandbox wiki and developed a filter which works per what I stated above. However, we would need to have a discussion / consensus on creating a lore namespace for the wiki (as that requires contacting Wikia to enable it) so that it would work only in that namespace. --Sajuuk talk | contribs | Channel 21:45, March 20, 2015 (UTC)
I think your idea is also interesting, but I fear that a guild would simply not be sufficient enough. There are two reasons for that: Firstly, we have hundreds of lore, or lore-related pages, which would need a complete overhaul; likely too many for a small guild to get done properly in sufficient time. Secondly, the only user on this Wiki I know who has proper knowledge about advanced TES lore, including all MK subjects, would be ShawnHowellsCP; a guild consisting just out of me and him would essentially be a fail even before it is attempted. Pelinal the Whitestrake, the Bloody and Insurgent (talk) 11:44, March 21, 2015 (UTC)
About 10 very active users would probably suffice. But such a guild should only be done if we actually do find so many, and espescially so talented users. I haven't got the patience to supervise and constantly correct 8 users who only barely know the lore. We need ones who have independently learned about TES lore, including the advanced lore; not ones who have watched those horrible, ShoddyCast and co videos. Pelinal the Whitestrake, the Bloody and Insurgent (talk) 16:06, March 21, 2015 (UTC)

Re: VisualEditor blanks Edit

There is a bug with the VisualEditor which results in unintentional page blanking and can be wrongly interpreted as deliberate vandalism. This is clearly not intentional behaviour by the user and the user just appears to be trying to edit meaningfully but the VisualEditor is blanking the page. Hence, this user should not be blocked as a result of this bug. I am leaving them a message so they can change their editor preference, as I have seen this behaviour constantly on other wiki's which was fixed by them changing to use another editor. So please, don't block users if they're editing with VisualEditor, simply ask them to change their editor preference to use Source Mode instead and the problem will be solved.

However, if the user later continues the same edits and they're not using VisualEditor (which can be identified with a tag of VisualEditor next to the revision in the page history / recentchanges), you are free to do whatever you wish with the user in terms of blocking and I will not have any issue with it. --Sajuuk talk | contribs | Channel 15:52, March 21, 2015 (UTC)

That Thing... Edit

Thanks CCC it seems all sorted out now. For some reason i wasn't email confirmed as soon as i couldn't post on his VSTF talk page too it all made sense suddenly (kinda). AzuraKnight (talk) 18:59, March 21, 2015 (UTC)

Brains and the picking. Edit

Ready. Sorry, I wound up not having that free time today that I'd hoped. Gaminomicon (talk) 01:34, March 22, 2015 (UTC)

Community messageEdit

Hey, the ongoing nomination seem to have a bug with teh =. Just to tell you :) Emperor Jarjarkine Aldmeri Dominion The Ragged Flagon - Cistern 02:21, March 22, 2015 (UTC)

MediaWiki:Community-corner =Ongoing nominations Emperor Jarjarkine Aldmeri Dominion The Ragged Flagon - Cistern 03:03, March 22, 2015 (UTC)
Okay :) Emperor Jarjarkine Aldmeri Dominion The Ragged Flagon - Cistern 14:59, March 22, 2015 (UTC)
Tim has already fixed the issue. --Sajuuk talk | contribs | Channel 15:02, March 22, 2015 (UTC)

A couple of things Edit

Hey CCC, I figured I'd reply to your message but talk over a few other things too.

Firstly, yes, the Vivec page must be deleted so that we can rename Vivec to just "Vivec". I'd move the info from the (God) page to the Vivec page but it would mess up the history, so it is essential we move it before it becomes a featured article.

Second, the Interview subspace still is still not up. Just copy all the code from the Community News subspace on the front page but replace "Community News" in the copied code with "Interviews". Create any pages mentioned in the code as well and do the same thing.

Third, Template:Patroller and Template:ForumMod still have the same quote. We should either use one of the quotes suggested or highlight a thread for the issue.

Fourth, Template:StaffList needs a subpage for the bots. It would make it easier to edit and update just like the other StaffList subpages.

Fifth, User:GramsJ needs to have the Template:Away placed on her user page to prevent new users from becoming confused and leaving a message on her talk page, considering she is still an admin but has not been active for almost three years.

Sixth, The Elder Scrolls Wiki:Signature policy needs to be updated. It says to create a template, though this is not the proper way to handle custom signatures. Instead signatures must be created in a user subspace (i.e. User:The Rim of the Sky/Signature) as it cleans up the templates and makes signatures easier to handle.

Seventh, I was thinking maybe we could give Wikia Staff their own user color. it's just a thought but it would make them easier to differentiate.

Eight, if you could come on chat right now, in a few minutes, or later when you get back on I'll be waiting for you. I need to discuss another matter.

Anyways, that's all. Sorry if this is a lot, I just had to bring it up. ☞ Rim < Talk | Updates | Edits > 19:06, March 22, 2015 (UTC)

VivecEdit

Helloooo~

I saw an issue with the Vivec page that I'd like to bring to your attention. Under "History" the only paragraph is about the city's demolition. I don't know if there is any guild presiding over the page, but if it's all good I'd like your all clear to move the paragraph zumwhere else.

Danke,

Yoyo 19:55, March 22, 2015 (UTC)

RE: Vivec Edit

I put in a quick three paragraphs of history, and moved the faulty fall to a new section titled "Fall of Vivec" if you want me to expand, or make a new page for the fall of Vivec, I'll get on that.

Here's the result: http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Vivec_City#Fall_of_VivecDanke,

Yoyo 20:34, March 22, 2015 (UTC)

Re: Vivec Edit

Yeah, I think Vivec is pretty much ready for FA status. I did some work on it today, so there is not much left to do, but there may still be a couple of things I might need to polish up, if any. According to the requirements, the lead has to be 200 words long, although I think there was a CT that made leads shorter, so that policy is outdated and shouldn't be taken into account, for the time being at least. So, I think the article meets all the other policies now. —Atvelonis (talk) 03:23, March 24, 2015 (UTC)

Re: Nerevarine cultEdit

Hey, thanks for the question. I see you have already created the article in question. I will try to expand it in the coming days, I'm positive there is enough information in the game. Mondblueme (talk) 08:44, March 24, 2015 (UTC)Mondblueme

highlight Edit

Hi, can you highlight this consensus discussion thread? Thanks. --Sajuuk talk | contribs | Channel 09:12, March 24, 2015 (UTC)

Sorry to be a pain, but can you highlight this one now? I know I'm asking for a lot of highlights, but I need these threads to be visible to the community and unless the threads are highlighted, they are probably going to go ignored. --Sajuuk talk | contribs | Channel 14:34, March 25, 2015 (UTC)
And again!. This one is an important announcement about the wiki so it's imperative people are aware of this upcoming change. --Sajuuk talk | contribs | Channel 09:15, March 26, 2015 (UTC)

RE: Talk Edit

I've joined chat right now. I'll be on but AFK and check the chat every couple minutes. If you're currently online you can hop on right now if you want. ☞ Rim < Talk | Updates | Edits > 23:26, March 25, 2015 (UTC)

Policy Thingies Edit

Sorry this is a bit late, but as per the last weekly update, I wanted to bring to your attention some policy change topics I was involved in before the wiki took a break from the policy stuff.

Should I just comment on them to bump them or did you have something else in specific you wanted to do with stuff like this? Bluesonic1 (talk) 19:25, March 26, 2015 (UTC)

Sounds great to me! Did you want to start those CTs yourself or would you like me to repost them? You know better than me what to say regarding the topics- did I mention how good of a job you're doing on the wiki haha? :P Bluesonic1 (talk) 20:33, March 26, 2015 (UTC)
Apologies for interjecting, but maybe creating a forum board for "policy discussion" would be better and then having a thread for each of the different policies up for discussion? This might work out far better, as well as making an announcement post (that is highlighted) directing users to use it. :) --Sajuuk talk | contribs | Channel 20:34, March 26, 2015 (UTC)
I don't see the use in making a whole other subforum just for policies, the consensus forum barely has that many posts to begin with. ☞ Rim < Talk | Updates | Edits > 04:21, March 27, 2015 (UTC)
@CCC: That sounds very organised and sounds great to me! Don't feel rushed on my part- being overseas with a lack of internet means I only get 1 hour of computer time a day now hence the sporatic activity and messages.
> In terms of the comments above, I'm leaning towards agreeing with Rim, particularly as CCC said on my TP that he's going to compile one large thread to highlight which will link out to all the other policy discussion threads so I think that'll suffice well :) Bluesonic1 (talk) 16:40, March 27, 2015 (UTC)

IRC? Edit

I'm comming! Emperor Jarjarkine Aldmeri Dominion The Ragged Flagon - Cistern 01:47, March 27, 2015 (UTC)

restore Edit

Can you restore Template:Signature/Pickleseller please? I checked WhatLinksHere and none of the template calls were substituted, per the comment notice I added to the page and I cannot do it with the template deleted. So please, restore the template so I can substitute the various calls to it. --Sajuuk talk | contribs | Channel 09:55, March 27, 2015 (UTC)

Normally it's removing things, but this one is a slightly special case, due to it being a signature. I'll substitute them as quickly as I can and I'll poke you in about 3 hours to delete it (so about 10pm GMT). --Sajuuk talk | contribs | Channel 18:58, March 27, 2015 (UTC)
Okay, I've substituted what I could. All I request now is to check through the whatlinkshere for the template page, substitute using subst: on the talkpages that are still marked as being transcluded and removing the template call completely from forum posts where it appears. thanks. --Sajuuk talk | contribs | Channel 19:13, March 27, 2015 (UTC)

Re: Template in archive. Edit

You can go ahead and replace it, I only protected the archive because I didn't want it to get vandalized or anything. But thanks for asking. —Atvelonis (talk) 22:31, March 27, 2015 (UTC)

No prob, youcan delete thems :)Emperor Jarjarkine Aldmeri Dominion The Ragged Flagon - Cistern 11:00, March 31, 2015 (UTC)

Around Wikia's network

Random Wiki