Hero of KvatchEdit
Re: Your 2 centsEdit
Just think you should be aware that your edit here is probably going to get removed by another editor when he sees it because you didn't follow the "supposed" procedure that nobody even cares to follow. ;) --SuperSajuuk Talk Page | Contribs | Channel 19:42, January 5, 2015 (UTC)
- Currently, the procedure is that, if you find a bug, you are meant to post it on the article's talkpage for others to confirm. However, nobody bothers with this and nobody actually cares to verify the bugs reported, so people just go straight to adding it. IMO, this is an ancient policy that will soon be removed because it's pointless as nobody uses the article talkpages. --SuperSajuuk Talk Page | Contribs | Channel 21:52, January 5, 2015 (UTC)
Re: Page regarding the events of ESOEdit
Re: My mistakeEdit
The Companions (Online)Edit
Hey - Um, I just updated that page with the little information I could find on our wiki about them - if there's more there, would you be able to add it at some point? (Or fix it if I've done the wrong thing with any of it?) (Since, you appear to be play/have played that questline's story :) Timeoin•Say G'Day•View my work 12:24, April 14, 2015 (UTC)
- I saw that you've been adding to that one - so... thanks! :) (Eventually I'll get around to playing ESO again ... and ill play Ebonheart this time ... but not for a while now) Timeoin•Say G'Day•View my work 11:55, April 15, 2015 (UTC)
Thanks for that! Also - They got a cautionary block, too, just for good measure. (Its bad enough that sort of thing is (or at least it was?) prevalent in the dang game itself. Timeoin•Say G'Day•View my work 12:08, April 17, 2015 (UTC)
Character images Edit
Hi Draevan, just to let you know in addition to the 600x1000 rule for character images they are supposed to be a full body image, so every part of them is supposed to be in the shot (this might not be possible 100% of the time due to their position or whatever but it is preferable when possible). But keep up the good work, and happy editing! —Atvelonis (talk) 16:12, June 29, 2015 (UTC)
Re: Renaming a page Edit
Well, it's also called the "Three Banners War" in the books Fang of the Sea Vipers, By Order of Guildmaster Vanus, and Baan Dar and His Boast, but those are all the documents on the wiki I could find, so it's not much to go off of.
If you rename a page it will automatically create a redirect from the old name (unless you manually tell it not to), which will send links pointing to the old title to the new title. You can change the links to the new title if you really want but since this will be a redirect from an alternate name and not from, say, a typo, that's not necessary).
You're the one who has played ESO, I can't say that I know particularly much about it, so if you think "Alliance War" would be a better title you're free to move the page. Don't worry about the links, just when you move the page keep the box that says, "Leave a redirect behind" checked. —Atvelonis (talk) 15:09, June 30, 2015 (UTC)
- It's right underneath the "Reason" field when you're renaming it. It's checked automatically, so you don't have to worry about it. —Atvelonis (talk) 15:20, June 30, 2015 (UTC)
Re: Image size policyEdit
I didn´t know about the size of the images. Can you tell me how to resize them? Thanks for telling me.
RE:ESO Keeps/Castles/Forts Edit
RE: Oblivion "poor formatting" tagEdit
TBH, I'm not sure. I just checked the history, and SuperSajuuk put it up a few months ago for some reason. Maybe at the time i was a mess, and has been cleaned up since then, and the tag overlooked. I see no reason for it to stay. Ser Pouce-a-lot (talk) 20:15, July 22, 2015 (UTC)
PNG over JPEG Format Edit
Hi Draevan. I noticed that all the images you have posted are in a JPG/JPEG format. While this is okay, our Media policy suggests that all static images be in a .png format. This just makes it easier for the Wiki so that all static images have the same format rather than various ones. You don't have to upload your new images in a .png format if you don't want to, but we would really appreciate it if you did. ☞ Rim < Talk | Updates | Edits > 04:12, July 23, 2015 (UTC)
Hey, I am hoping you can help with something. I am working on trying to repair our "good articles", half of them do not meet the standards and I am hoping to avoid demoting them. I was told you are understand Oblivion pretty well, and was hoping you can take a swing at Dagail. She is a little short, and could use being expanded if possible. If you could look at other GA's and see what you can do that would be great, but any help at all would be awesome.
- Thanks, I know she plays a smaller role in the game, but she is a GA. If we cannot get her to the right size we will have to remove her or change our policy. After seeing that most of our "good articles" where sub-par, I want to make sure we get them fixed.-Cheatcodechamp (talk) 18:29, August 27, 2015 (UTC)
I have a new blog out Edit
You should read my new blog, I think you'll really like it. http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:Zippertrain85/No_side_is_%22right%22_in_the_Civil_War. . Enjoy! Zippertrain85 (talk) 03:39, September 23, 2015 (UTC)
- Actually ... strike that. I believe you were on the old OblivioWiki ... that one was actually pretty decent :) Timeoin•Say G'Day•View my work 20:15, October 27, 2015 (UTC)
Hello, Mr. Graham, Madman here. Last week's interview with Kora Stormblade went well, but I admit she wasn't who I was originally going to ask for one. Since that one is done and over with, I can now move on to my original choice: You! I wanted to ask you for an interview! As our most senior member here, I think your answers could speak with some semblance of authority (someone who knows what he's talking about) in regards to some of the questions I would like to ask.
I don't know how involved you were with this already, but Atvelonis is constructing a sandbox history of the wiki and I think your memory of the things that went on in our website's primordial stages could be a benefit to his work and to everyone else! If you accept, I will leave a list of around seven or eight questions on your talk page where you can copy/paste the question and answers onto my talk page and answer with as much detail as you can. If not, no problem, but I would appreciate it very much!
Fantastic! I am glad you are willing to do this because for some reason, a lot of our more senior members kind of shun away from interviews for some reason. But I do think this will be a big help to everyone who wants to know more about the past here. So without further ado, the first question!
1) You were before even Tim on the Oblivion Wiki. What was it liked before that site and ours merged? Can you tell me about its main strengths/problems? Was the community active and nice or was it something like how last year's latter months were?
2) Do you remember how the merging went down? Remember who initiated it? Was it a gradual process or was there a noticable change?
3) Where were you in the merging? Did you observe or were you involved in some way?
4) You're kind of a lurker, something like Harold Burned-Mane, if you remember him. Don't see you often, but when I do, it's always great. Actually, it would be great to know how you got to be a wiki user in the first place, and since anything before June 2013 was before my time, did you hop to your role in the community or did you continue to lurk?
5) While researching you (Because I do that) I had noticed you have written an impressive amount of blogs over the course of a few years. Lots of them deal with examinations of certain aspects about the games themselves, and more interestingly, what people said about the games. Others include an analysis of a different lore subject. How did you get into blogging and was the community responsive to it in the way you hoped? I also saw that each of your blogs in the earlier sections usually had comments numbering into the hundreds. As great a blogger as I hail myself to be, I think the discussion with my friend Dave on C0DA was the only one that broke the hundred mark. I consider that a success. Were the comments mostly positive or negative? Did you enjoy blogging or reading other blogs? There was definately a collaboration with Zippertrain85 on some (though I remember quite a few arguments with him about some things too, as well as others on blog posts).
6) I think it's safe to say, given your range of topics in your blogs, you've somewhat paved the way for me, seeing as my Wabbajack Grinding and Theorist Blogs cover a lot of the same ground (albeit in a more zany fashion). I would love to see more out of you. Plan on writing any more or do you think you'll leave that to the new generation of bloggers?
7) Hmm, what new bloggers, am I right? If you go down the blog page, you certainly see it's not what it used to be. What do you think? In dire need of revival?
8) What were your thoughts when you saw the wikia go through the rough patches that it did over the course of your membership here? I would include any facts you know for Atvelonis' sandbox page.
9) What do you think of it today? Any advice you have for the newcomers here, or hell, anyone that came after you? Something the Admins should know or the common user?
10) Not a question, but in case I need road assistance in Canada, I'll give you a call.
Re:Re: Interview ProposalEdit
Thank you so much for using the terms I use to describe the time when blogging was at its height (Gold and Silver Age). Seriously, it gives me some form of credence when I tell newer users stories about the old wiki before they came on. But that's not important. What is is that you have provided more than enough data to process into an interview. Thank you very much for your time and be on the lookout for the final product within the next couple of days.
Visual Editor Edit
Hey, Visual Editor has been doing this thing where it squishes everything in infoboxes together, so it's best if you use source mode. Anyways, thanks for the help with Online :) --Shockstorm (talk) 19:44, December 15, 2015 (UTC)
NPC images Edit
When you're taking screenshots of NPCs, remember to get a full-body shot of them. I know it's pretty hard sometimes because they stand in weird places or positions but you should aim to do this whenever possible. Thanks. Happy editing! —Atvelonis (talk) 18:50, January 1, 2016 (UTC)
If you actually opened your eyes, you'd know they don't need to cover the entire ocean, nor did I ever claim they did. Covering the coasts of Hammerfell and Cyrodiil is enough, they can kill off the Imperial Fleet there. Just stop being ignorant and look at the facts.