Hi, welcome to my talk page.
Hello Jimeee, So I was editing a character page called "Weebam-Na" I was putting in a quote text and it says that I was doing "vandalism". Here is the quote: "Rats in a Cream Sauce. Rat Flambe. Rat Necrom. with Bone Meal Gravy. Deep Fried Rat. Lemon Rat and Wild Rice. Rat Ragu. with Powdered Deer Penis!"
Now I think It's because it says "Penis" but this is an ACTUAL quote from the game TES: Oblivion
If you need proof here is a link to a YouTube video:
All those letters! :P Edit
Hey Jimeee ;) I have a situation which i don't know exactly what to do with and maybe you could give your opinion: Letter from Jervar. Well this is not exactly only a letter form Jervar, since it can be send by a lot of different npc's. Its a letter writing about a possible reward after killing someone they didn't like. There's also a letter where the NPC would just thank you and tell they won't tell anyone, instead of offering a reward. Right now the name just isn't correct. If correct, it would be "Letter from <NPC>". But i don't know if we want to use such a name. I'm not sure about which name should be given, since the latter also implies that it could be Letter from Calcelmo, but thats a whole different letter. What do you think? Kennyannydenny (A question is never stupid, only he who asks it) 13:24, April 1, 2013 (UTC)
- I agree. That sounds like the only right thing to do. I'll start making the changes. Kennyannydenny (A question is never stupid, only he who asks it) 13:41, April 1, 2013 (UTC)
I've changed it a bit, since i just noticed there are three versions. One requesting for more help, like in Letter from Jervar related to the quest Scare my Enemy. One letter saying thanks: "I know you killed <NPC>. Don't worry, I won't tell anyone. In fact, I wanted to thank you." and one about a reward: "You may or may not realize this, but by taking care of <NPC>, you have indirectly helped me. Don't worry about how I know it was you, I won't be informing the authorities. But I would like to reward you for you efforts.". So it would suggest:
Like you suggested:
- Letter from <NPC> (Thanks) for the second one
- Letter from <NPC> (Reward) for the third one
and then for the one thats now Letter from Jervar
- Letter from <NPC> (Request)
- Sounds good. Jimeee (talk) 14:00, April 1, 2013 (UTC)
RE: Birds nest Edit
Ow ok. I just saw it as a container. Well i don't know on what page it belongs, but it shouldn't have its own page. Thats like making a seperate page for every container/hearthfire furnishing item. And that would be crazy. Kennyannydenny (A question is never stupid, only he who asks it) 14:18, April 1, 2013 (UTC)
Re: Neloth ImagesEdit
Here are the majority of the images that you requested (Some with two versions). The only one missing is of Neloth casting a divination, since I have to work my way up to that quest again.
- File:Neloth Earth Stone 1.png
- File:Neloth Earth Stone 2.png
- File:Neloth and Talvas 1.png
- File:Neloth and Talvas 2.png
- File:Neloth Reading.png
- File:Neloth Over Table 1.png
- File:Neloth Over Table 2.png
- File:Neloth vs Reaver.png
- File:Neloth Control Panel.png
- Here are a two divination images if you still need them. :)
- —TombRaiser SPEAK! 21:08, April 8, 2013 (UTC)
- Indeed, if only they were. But most characters don't have such a huge role as Neloth. Neloth is one big player in Dragonborn, but someone like Wilmuth does nothing more then make players feel like they're walking in a world with people in it.
- I'm always trying to improve character pages, but i don't know if i could write such a detailed page. I salute you sir, you did one hell of a job. Kennyannydenny (A question is never stupid, only he who asks it) 16:41, April 4, 2013 (UTC)
Missing journals Edit
I think you tried to talk to me about this on IRC once, but I wasn't there. Anyway, this is mainly a bump, and I'll just reiterate the thoughts from my old post (it was archived) onto here.
Do you think it would be worthwhile having a category for quest articles that don't have journals yet (and maybe one category per game)? We could also add a template to such articles that add this category and have a banner asking for people to add journals. Once the editor is finished with the journal, they can remove it. For this, we might need to create a style and formatting page so that people don't put in completely messy journal entries (including saying to rewrite the entries and objectives verbatim, including in-game typos).
Editing 'Books (Skyrim)' Edit
Hello, Jimmee, my question is with regards to editing the 'Books (Skyrim)' page of this Wiki. I'm concerned that the table of books on the page is unfinished, with many books missing their 'Overview' and 'Item ID'. I would like to try to help complete the table, but the page is locked for me and I do not know whether this is a temporary lock or permanent one. Any advice or help you could give would be greatly appreciated :)
sorry i have never tried to edit another's page before. i have tried asking for help but didnt get anywhere. now i know not to do that. i only tried correcting that part on miraaks temple cause you had it mixed up.
Heads up: Possible sockpuppet Edit
Hi, Jimeee. I just wanted to tell you that I think User:Lord Hadron is a sockpuppet account for Hadron12 that he made to get around his permaban. You might want to check it out. Just thought you should know. Sgt. S.S. (talk) 08:10, April 14, 2013 (UTC)
Task list Edit
We could use UESP's task page as a start for a projects page on here. Currently, I see many users have small projects of their own that they keep track of themselves on their user pages, but I think it'd be more worthwhile to collect them into a central location. I have a strange feeling that there already is some sort of "projects page" here, and, if there is, it's not very obvious. Kroq-gar78 (talk) 05:09, April 16, 2013 (UTC)
- You're right... I've always wondered about why it was used. I'll remove it when I see it. :) EbonySkyrim (talk) 13:57, April 17, 2013 (UTC)
- @ Jimeee: You will probably want to update the SF:LOCAT page then, since it tells people that spoilers should be added. —TombRaiser SPEAK! 18:01, April 17, 2013 (UTC)
I was working on a fixing the links problem (e.g. pointing to Fire Damage instead of Fire Damage (Skyrim)) in the SkyrimIngredients template, and what I've done can be seen at Template:Kroq-gar78/SkyrimIngredients. I've got the template to autofix this problem (we don't need to change any wiki articles - just the template and it'll fix everything), but I'm not quite sure how to make it appear if an ingredient doesn't have a 2nd/3rd/4th effect. Right now, the effect name stays blank, and, underneath it, it says "<amount> for <amount> sec". However, if the amounts are blank, it simply says "for sec". I'm not sure if any Skyrim ingredients have fewer than four effects, but I do know that some Morrowind ones and one Oblivion one do. Any ideas on how to make it look a little better? This is currently the only thing stopping me from applying my fixes to all of the games' templates, so, once we get this problem resolved, we'll hopefully have no more disambig links in our infoboxes ;) Kroq-gar78 (talk) 18:06, April 20, 2013 (UTC)
It's up here. I noticed you placed some warning on your last blog. Should I do the same? In fact, let me know if anything needs to be fixed at all. The Milkman | I always deliver. 17:01, April 25, 2013 (UTC)
Just so you know I am undoing the damage they did to the potions (skyrim) page. Please allow this. It used to be a handy reference guide for what ingredients you need for each effect. They completely deleted that useful table and replaced it with something completely useless. The worst part is it is only one guy making the changes. Please let me return this page to its former glory
- All the info you were looking for was moved to Created Potions (Skyrim). You should not mass remove content like that. The user who worked on that page checked if it was ok to do this before he started. Jimeee (talk) 19:39, April 25, 2013 (UTC)
Updated with new information Edit
It says you're in the process of editing the Homestead page, might i suggest/request that you add a footnote letting people know how to hire a steward.
Hi Jimeee, when adding clothing images, should one add apparel image to it or not. I replaced images in the skyrim clothing gallery in january and added apparel images as the previous images had it added, but later I have thought about it and wonder what is consider apparel. Is that only weapons and gear in this department or does it include clothing? EbonySkyrim (talk) 12:06, May 6, 2013 (UTC)
Capitalization of section headingsEdit
Hey Jimeee, if we are going to follow the proper way to use capitalization in section headers, then shouldn't the header on Neloth (Dragonborn) be ===Spells and perks=== instead of ===Spells and Perks===? Also, come to IRC if you can! —TombRaiser SPEAK! 00:50, May 8, 2013 (UTC)
MW schools of magic categories Edit
Hi, I have a question about the MW school of magic categories such as Morrowind: Restoration – I've been adding spells, spell effects, and scrolls to their corresponding categories. Should enchanted items be added to these categories as well, or is that beyond their intended use? (For example, a ring that restores health has a restoration effect, should it be added to the Morrowind: Restoration category as well?) Regards,
──┤ Eganogard │ talk ├── 02:43, May 12, 2013 (UTC)
- If the the categories are intended exclusively for spells then perhaps their names should include the word spell in them to avoid confusion. ──┤ Eganogard │ talk ├── 12:34, May 12, 2013 (UTC)
Quick question Edit
Jimeee, do we really need to have a cat like: Category:Dwemer scholars? I wanted to delete it since in my eyes it is useless, but just in case, i thought i asked for your opinion. Kennyannydenny (A question is never stupid, only he who asks it) 10:01, May 13, 2013 (UTC)
- I'll try and keep my eye on this. But I'm also not often only, since I'm very busy with the rest of my life. But I'll do my best. Kennyannydenny (A question is never stupid, only he who asks it) 16:59, May 13, 2013 (UTC)
- Ow, and it was actually Devid, Kroq and some other dude that made the artifact categories. Kennyannydenny (A question is never stupid, only he who asks it) 17:04, May 13, 2013 (UTC)
Random loot itemsEdit
Hi Jimeee, remember a while back when I asked Tomb about the Amulet of Axes? She thought that as it was random loot it shouldn't have its own page but you thought so. Now I have a Magebane Greaves and when I was to make an article it said that this page had been deleted once already as it was random loot. What to do exactly with these items? Article or not? EbonySkyrim (talk) 14:39, May 16, 2013 (UTC)
- Well, I can't remember now when I found it as it was some time ago, so I can't look if it respawns or not. I ususally don't go back to caves etc after I've been in one. In the construction set it says it's a Grand Spell Absorbtion. (Also, I'm not sure how to interpret what's in the CS on some things, must be a language problem there... Ha..) Don't know how much that is in %. I'm not that knowledgeable about weapons and armor I might add.. I'll wait and see if I can find them elsewhere.. for the time being. :) EbonySkyrim (talk) 15:20, May 16, 2013 (UTC)
Apiary Bug Edit
Hey Jimeee, I just noticed whilst looking through the pages that you are in the process of making changes to the page containing all the info on the Apiary.
I have a bug which may or may not be exclusive to my copy of Skyrim and Hearthfire. The bug is basically this:
No matter what I try to do bee's never spawn around or inside the Apiary, I've even tried adding extra bee's to the original 5 that spawn inside, not to mention the beehive husks and honeycombs I've added in a vain attempt to get the bee spawning process started.
If you could find out whether this is a exclusive bug or has happened before and then add it to the list of known bugs I would greatly appreciate it.