Hey shockstorm, would you mind conducting an interview with me? We need more content for the Facebook page. If you agree, I will leave the questions here. Answer them to the best of your ability and copy/paste the questions and answers over to my talk page. Good day. --Madman97 (talk) 17:50, April 17, 2016 (UTC)
Portable Infobox check Edit
Hello! I'm Isaac, and I'm representing our Portability Initiative here at Wikia. I know that we've talked with you a bit about your ongoing migration, and I was checking in to see if we could help this process on your community. I know that you're doing much of it yourself, but I also wanted to offer assistance if you were swamped with other foci. We'd really like to get working on your community, but we need your go-ahead. Also, if you have any questions, or this is the wrong venue for this kind of a discussion, please let me know. Thanks! FishTank (wall) 01:42, April 18, 2016 (UTC)
Hey shock - small favour to ask. when you're adding pages for The Elder Scrolls: Legends, is it possible to add a reference to where the information came from. It'll make it a heck of a lot easier for us to work out what is "officially" released info, and what is NDA stuff. (At this stage, the beta isnt up, so everything is from somewhere, but its better to be prepared now :) Timeoin•Say G'Day•View my work 19:27, April 22, 2016 (UTC)
- err... yeah, you are. Sorry - saw your name on a bunch of Legends pages, and thought you were adding them. (I need more sleep lol). And I realised that a bit later, oops. I sent a message to him as well about it. Its not a major drama - but its something that we'll need to be on-point for later on when the beta comes out - because breaching NDA stuff is how we get our website into serious hot water down the track - if not from Bethesda themselves, but from the fans.
But as long as its referenced, it is completely fine to have pre-released content up on our website. (Its our defence to the argument we're breaching NDA if we aren't) :D Timeoin•Say G'Day•View my work 19:41, April 22, 2016 (UTC)
And its just an idea - I think we should have a pre-load template for the enemy decks or something similar. For example, you run into things such as Wolves, Goblins, etc, which are enemy decks in their own right. (The decks will consist of types of Goblins and Wolves, more than likely, but this is just an example - others I've seen from the screenshots on the legends website include Daedric Cultists, and other more sophisticated sets). what do you think? Timeoin•Say G'Day•View my work 21:19, April 22, 2016 (UTC)
Hey Shock, mind joining chat for a second or two? Thanks.
Legends Races Edit
They're referred to on the part of the card that holds their race. Other cards shown so far interact with the race on the card, so listing out the races as they appear on the cards has a mechanical purpose. Yumyum36 (talk) 19:51, April 29, 2016 (UTC)
Re: Top LinksEdit
Hey, I just got your messages about those stupid things. I had to take a bit of a break for a couple days. Anywho, i read that link that Renz showed you, and i can't really make out exactly what they are trying to accomplish, except possibly to annoy people with another one of their hair brained ideas. (remember the flags?) At least i know that we have to put up with that nonsense for a bit longer. The Cat Master (talk) 07:11, May 2, 2016 (UTC)
Both ways Edit
It has nothing to do with my behavior, Bronkiin provokes. I had already tried solving it on his talkpage but he didn't listen. So I went to Atvel, because I know how it would've went if I tried to argue with Bronkiin about it. And no, I didn't try to get him in trouble, I tried to keep an entirely legit edit, nothing else. If I tried to get him in trouble, I would've said something like Bronkiin's page says he's away yet he came back or Bronkiin refuses to keep my legitimate edit, remove his patroller status or something like that, but I didn't do that. I merely tried to keep a completely legitimate edit there.
On the Wooden Ladle page you recently edited, what were the names of the ladles that you say are in the debug room?
Hi Shockstorm, I was adding a few pics to the Ayleid lore page (following the image needed page). And I think no more images would fit anymore without clutering that page. So, maybe, if you guys agree, the request page/link could be removed from Category: Lore: Image Needed. I couldn't find how to do it myself. Cheers AgentOfMara (talk) 21:10, May 24, 2016 (UTC)
Hey, Shockstorm I've noticed that you have taken down some of my edits and I'd like to justify my edits to you. For starters, on the Hammerfell (Online) page I gave Craglorn different Sub-Region names including Skyreach, Nedic Wastes, and Proving Grounds. The reason why I did this was to give the Regions a Porper name instead of Dragonstar Region, Elinhir Region, or Belkarth Region. I did the same to High Rock (Online) for Wrothgar. Another thing is, the Categories I've gave to some articles. Now to be honest I made Accidental Categories for Queen Ayrenn and Auridon but luckily those are gone. But I put Akkhuz-ri and Indaenir in the Online: Aldmeri Dominion category because they each represent the Khajiit and the Bosmer in the Aldmeri Dominion respectively. I hope you understand what I was going for and that you undo the Changes. Thank You for listening. Vincentius1 (talk) 02:32, May 30, 2016 (UTC)
Re: Nice Job Edit
Sorry for the mess, but I was told by another user (Ned1230) to not put the Daggerfall parentheses if there was not already an article for the object in another game. Is there a third member to give their input for a "majority rule"-type conclusion? The Boy Who Cried Godzilla (talk) 20:29, June 1, 2016 (UTC)
06:04, June 2, 2016 (UTC) I want to personally thank you for making all those edits, it's very fun to read articles about characters in Skyrim.
Virgar The Red Edit
I wrote it as Virgar The Red instead of Virgar the Red because for some reason her name is written like that. I double checked it, thought it was weird, but it's how it appears ingame. With The and not the the.
I notice, turns out I was wrong, my bad in that case, thanks for the edit.
Creatures by TypeEdit
This category was created so that way the creatures category doesn't get over overcrowded. Puting insects, dogs, undead and all of the others in the creatures by type category might be better then an overcrowded creatures category.
But like I always say I'm the outcast and being outcast means the world never thinks that any of your ideas are good like flick in a bug's life.
X-Mutant 3:10 June 7, 2016 (UTC)
Deleting My Edits Edit
Listen Shockstorm, I just need to know why are you deleting my edits. I know I shouldn't have started that edit war with you regarding Alcaire (Online), I should have talked to you about it rather than posting it over and over again. And what you did for the other articles was fine, I don't ever care anymore about whether it's Sub-Region or Subregion, It was pointless to constantly change that over an over again when it really didn't matter. But after that, I thought it was over between us. But then I find out that you delete everything I did regarding the Provinces in Online, even though I made those initially when those pages were almost blank. So why, why must you delete those posts and why do you delete edits I make on them. Do you think my edits are insignificant to the Wiki because of that one incident. I feel as if you hate me or something and you just shut me up whenever you erase my edits even though the edits make since, Central Cyrodiil is divided into Three Subregions, the Imperial City is a separate Region in-game. I literally put those extra Subregions in hastily because my laptop was about to die on me. I just want to know why are you doing this. Thanks for Reading. --Vincentius1 (talk) 02:52, July 12, 2016 (UTC)
Hi Shockstorm, about the plans being unconfirmed in DLC dragonborn. Just did a little research, the plans do not appear in Dragonborn (99% sure), but an actual airship does. Maybe someone got confused. AgentOfMara (talk) 07:34, July 21, 2016 (UTC)
Books by TopicEdit
Hey, can you link the page that has books organized by topic? I can't seem to find it. Thanks.
Hi Shockstorm, thanks for the message, much appreciated. I didn't get the redlink thing you talked about. Is it because the location's article of the redlink is missing? and there need to be one, (in expample you gave: there should be an article about Underground Caves, but it's missing), or... Do you mind explaining a little, that would be great. thanks a lot AgentOfMara (talk) 12:25, July 24, 2016 (UTC)
- PS: i got the name parameter thing, wasn't putting it because many articles don't have that line in source, and i think i've seen some people removing it. And even when infobox templates are used, depending which ones, sometimes it's not there, but it always appears on the 'normal' page (not source). AgentOfMara (talk) 12:38, July 24, 2016 (UTC)
Re:Welcome back Edit
Listen all you ever said to me was that the categories were unnecessary and redundant. You never went to full detail on why they were unnecessary. Legitimate was the wrong word it was that it wasn't elaborate but then again it wasn't a real answer to me anyway. And stop threatening to block me over something so petty as this. I bid you adieu my friend. --Vincentius1 (talk) 01:02, July 30, 2016 (UTC)
- Sorry about that, when you said "If you keep this up, you're probably going to be blocked" I misinterpreted that as you wanting to block me. That's my fault. Also sorry if I'm making your day worse than it already was. But honestly, I think those categories were necessary. I'd put those categories in a disambiguation page rather then a page about a city in a specific game. Like I would put Lore: Cities in the Silvenar page rather then the Silvenar (Arena) Page. But if it's something like Markarth, which appears as a town in one game but a city in the other I would put Lore: Cities in the City Specific Page. For Eyevea, I put it in the Lore: Summerset Isles Location Category because it only appears in ESO. If a new game that is set in the Summerset Isles comes out and Eyevea appears again then I'll delete the category and put in the disambiguation page. I understand the rules now and I won't do it again but I still believe that they belong there. I hope you see my point and I'm sorry for being a jerk. --Vincentius1 (talk) 13:07, July 30, 2016 (UTC)
Books (Online) Edit
Hey Shock, what do you think we should do about the slow loading times on Books (Online)? I was thinking we could split up the list content into templates (maybe 3, or 9 or something) and put those on the page? —Atvelonis (talk) 22:19, August 13, 2016 (UTC)
- I mean images already uploaded by others and tagged as low quality without explanation. Some of them I can guess why are they tagged, so I am uploading only those. --Rupuzioks (talk) 21:01, August 15, 2016 (UTC)
- No seriously ... you need to overtake me, because you're our wiki's only hope of ever catching up to Js :P (I have a full time job, and kids, so I have no chance of keeping pace with him, yet alone catching up to him). Timeoin•Say G'Day•View my work 17:09, September 7, 2016 (UTC)
Editing Morrowind Ingredients Edit
Hello, I started to fix links for the effects of Morrowind ingredients, but somehow now the infobox causing ref error:
Cite error: <ref> tags exist, but no <references/> tag was found
Maybe you know what could cause this. --Rupuzioks (talk) 07:38, September 11, 2016 (UTC)
- Ok, then I'll stop replacing refs template with ==References== <references/> tag. My guess is that infobox somehow is picking the refs from redirect link at Fortify Attribute (Morrowind). --Rupuzioks (talk) 07:51, September 11, 2016 (UTC)
RE: Disease pages Edit
That is a great idea, also personally I think powers and abilities should be split as well. And good to see you fixing remaining links for fortify and drain pages, I was planning to fix them later. --Rupuzioks (talk) 07:38, September 25, 2016 (UTC)
Just wanted to pop by to say thanks for fixing this. You make me feel quite clever.
All jokes aside, thanks though. Was going to mention it to Flightmare eventually because I thought it was a mediawiki thing, but nope.