|Location||Northeast of Morthal|
|Quests||The Horn of Jurgen Windcaller (Quest)|
When going there for the first time, Bandits and Necromancers are fighting each other. If you travel through this, you will find a door to Ustengrav Depths. The depths have level varied enemies (mostly Skeletons and some Draugr) and at the base of the depths next to a waterfall you will find a Word Wall that will give you a part of the Become Ethereal shout. The waterfall is in the room with the really high ceiling, stone rock like pillars and it will be foggy, before you go up the stairs with fire at the top, go to your right and there will be a path leading down to the waterfall and word wall. To get to the main altar, you have to get through the set of three gates opened briefly by the nearby stones that glow when you come near each of them. To do this, you have to use your Whirlwind Sprint shout to leap forward from the farthest stone, then sprint through the gates.
Ustengrav is the burial site of Jurgen Windcaller, the mortal progenitor of the Way of the Voice. When the player first reaches Jurgen's tomb, they find that his horn has been replaced by a note summoning the Dragonborn to one of the last remaining Blades. A Dragon Soul can be gained, if the horn is placed on his tomb after the main quest.
- Mystery of Talara, Book II (increases restoration), In a circular room with many urns.
- Leveled Shield to the right after the first clear glimpse of the scenic waterfall room in Ustengrav Depths.
- Word Wall - Become Ethereal
- Leveled Spell Tome in a chest in a room behind the throne where the Horn should have been.
- Return back and you can activate the Horn of Jurgen windcaller and get a dragon soul.
- The path will be blocked off by a cave in if you visit Ustengrav before the quest requiring you to do so. It appears the Necromancers are using the Bandits to dig it open.
- This dungeon is not clearable, and so it does not get tagged "Cleared" on the world map. Storage for this dungeon is safe as there is no respawn.
- Behind the waterfall by the Word Wall there is a chest guarded by a leveled Draugr.
- The rocks surrounding the Thu'um altar contain precious minerals such as gold, silver and corundum. They can be found on a series of ledges attached to the opposite wall.
- There is also a hidden room behind the small "Skeleton Court Room". (The place where you enter via a stone walkway going around a pillar). To get there you have to jump atop the large pillars above you and use the "Whirlwind Sprint" Shout.
- There is a hidden crypt containing a chest in a small room down some stairs to the right just before a long narrow room with three recessed Draugr sarcophagi on the right and a single bridge crossing above. The crypt is accessed via a chain above some candles just to the left of a table covered with gold.
- It is very possible that your follower can die, should you have one, because of the sheer number of floor plates there are that shoot flames when stepped on.
- There is an Arcane Enchanter in Ustengrav Depths.
- SPOILER - When Delphine visited Ustengrav to take the Horn of Jurgen Windcaller, she appears to have taken a shortcut to the Horn's location, as there are dead leveled Draugr either side of the altar where she left her note to the Dragonborn and the door to the chamber is covered by spider webs. She also left (presumably) all of the loot intact.
- When activating the Horn of Jurgen Windcaller when already progressed further into the main questline. The horn is placed on the altar and a Dragon Soul is obtained.
- In both Swedish, Norwegian and Danish the word "grav", from the name of Ustengrav, literally means "tomb" or "grave", which is an accurate description.