|Location||Northeast of Morthal|
|Quests||The Horn of Jurgen Windcaller|
Upon arriving there for the first time, one will encounter multiple bandits and necromancers fighting each other. If traveled through, a door to Ustengrav Depths will be found. The depths have leveled enemies (mostly Skeletons and a few Draugr), and at the base of the depths, next to a waterfall, one will find a Word Wall that will give a word of Become Ethereal shout.
Arngeir will send the Dragonborn on a final task to retrieve the Horn of Jurgen Windcaller from Ustengrav, Jurgen Windcaller's burial site. A Dragon Soul can be gained if the horn is returned to his tomb after the quest.
- Mystery of Talara, Book II (Restoration): in a circular room with many urns.
- Leveled Shield to the right after the first clear glimpse of the scenic waterfall room in Ustengrav Depths.
- Word Wall - Become Ethereal
- Leveled Spell Tome in a chest in a room behind the throne where the Horn should have been.
- The path will be blocked off by a cave in upon visiting Ustengrav if the quest hasn't been started. It appears that the Necromancers inhabiting the area are using reanimated Bandits to dig open an entrance in some areas, and will remain there even after the Dragonborn has started the quest.
- This dungeon is not clearable, and so it does not get tagged "Cleared" on the world map. Storage for this dungeon is safe as there is no respawn.
- Behind the waterfall, by the Word Wall, there is a chest guarded by a leveled Draugr.
- The rocks surrounding the Thu'um altar contain precious minerals such as gold, silver and corundum. They can be found on a series of ledges attached to the opposite wall.
- There are three stone pillars that will glow red as you walk past them. As they glow, a gate will open in front of you for a couple of seconds. You need to open all three gates and pass through before the close again. Timing on this is critical. Start at the first pillar and sprint towards the gates. As soon as you pass the third pillar you must use the Whirlwind Sprint shout. Almost as soon as you use the shout, hit it a second time. In-game scripting will allow it to work immediately here without having to wait the twenty or so seconds to recharge.
- There is a treasure chest at the bottom of the chamber. Standing at the Word Wall and facing due South you are looking at the ramp leading to the chest. Follow the ramp up and to the right. Against the wall is another small ramp. From there you will see a small lighted chamber with the chest and a couple of potions.
- There is also a hidden room behind the small "Skeleton Court Room." (The place where one enters via a stone walkway going around a pillar). To get there, one has to jump atop the large pillars above and use the Whirlwind Sprint shout.
- There is a hidden crypt containing a chest in a small room. To reach the room, go down some stairs and take a right just, before a long narrow room, which contains three recessed Draugr sarcophagi on the right, and a single bridge crossing above. The crypt can be accessed via a chain above a few candles, left to a table covered with gold.
- It is very possible that a follower can die here, should you have one, for the sheer number of floor plates there are that shoot flames when stepped on.
- There is an Arcane Enchanter in Ustengrav Depths.
- When Delphine visited Ustengrav to take the Horn of Jurgen Windcaller, she appears to have taken a shortcut to the Horn's location, as there are dead leveled Draugr on either side of the altar where she left her note to the Dragonborn. The door to the chamber is covered by intact spider webs, which break if walked though. She also left (presumably) all of the loot intact.
- When activating the Altar of Jurgen Windcaller after progressing further into the main questline, the horn is returned to the altar and a Dragon Soul is obtained.
- When the Horn of Jurgen Windcaller quest has been started, if one is sneaking and undetected, a conversation between two necromancers can be listened to in the first room:
Male necromancer "These thralls of yours are slower than Argonians in a blizzard."
Female necromancer "Feel free to take a pick and help them out. I prefer not to suffer myself of manual labor."
Male necromancer "There goes another one."
Female necromancer "Bah! Weak-willed rabble. Even in death they're almost useless."
Male necromancer "They seem less intelligent each time you raise them. Its impossible."
Female necromancer "As long as they can swing a pickaxe when you tell them, they're as smart as we need them to be."
Male necromancer "You hear that? Those ones must have found something."
Female necromancer "We'd better go see. These can tend to themselves for a few minutes."