Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Uttering Hills Cave is a cave in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. It is located in Eastmarch, southwest of Anga's Mill and west southwest of Windhelm, nestled at the top of a snowy mountain pass with a couple of bandit tents out front.
The cave entrance leads to a natural stone tunnel that proceeds generally north. It opens into a large cavern that is open to the sky with passages leading to the left and right. Both passages lead to a second cavern that contains a cooking pot with a worked stone entry into a ruined fort/prison.
Through the wooden door is a circular room with steps leading down to the bottom, where there is an alchemy lab and an adept-locked chest (behind the wall behind the lab). Another set of stairs leads down to the west, where there is a junction that proceeds straight or turns right (north). To the north is a dining hall with bedrooms to the east and west. The room to the east has a chest with leveled loot. Back in the hallway, continuing west leads to a prison area with three cells that are opened via pull chains.
- Summerset Shadows
- Find Shahvee's Amulet – Given by Shahvee, Lost Knife Hideout is another possible location.
- Kill the Bandit Leader – Radiant, given by Brunwulf Free-Winter or Kjar in Windhelm, or Annekke Crag-Jumper in Darkwater Crossing.
- The Forgemaster's Fingers – Radiant, given by Orc Strongholds.
- Find Roggi Knot-Beard's Ancestral Shield – Radiant, given by Roggi Knot-Beard.
- Rings of Blood MagicDG – Radiant, given by Feran Sadri.
- Ancient TechnologyDG – Radiant, given by Sorine Jurard.
- The One-Handed skill book Mace Etiquette can be found in the room with the Bandit Chief.
- Linwe's Armor Set on Linwe
- Corundum Ore vein – due west of camp fire inside the cave
- Before entering the ruins inside of the cave there is everything needed to earn the Achievement/Trophy "Hard Worker" as there is a chopping block, cooking pot and corundum ore.
- It is recommended to do any quests involved here before Summerset Shadows, as the faction will still be here for the rest of the game.
- Even if this cave/fort is cleared, all enemies and loot periodically respawn except for Linwe.
- In the dining hall, the banner can be set on fire and will completely burn away.
- Shahvee, Brunwulf Free-Winter, Kjar or Annekke Crag-Jumper will not have dialogue to give their quest if one of them already gave it to Dragonborn. Quests will be available after everything respawns at the location.
This section contains bugs related to Uttering Hills Cave. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
If the "Kill the Bandit Leader" quest is received after Linwe is dead, that quest will not be able to be completed.
c5688.killfixes this bug and completes the "Kill the Leader of Uttering Hills Cave" objective. Using the console command:
- Using the console command:
- If given Shahvee's quest first, venturing beyond the area where her Amulet is found and looting Linwe's body before the Thieves Guild quest "Summerset Shadows" is given could result in the Silver Locket being locked permanently as a quest item in the inventory. This will also make it impossible to complete the quest.