|Quest Giver||Raminus Polus|
|Next Quest||Necromancer's Moon|
|Reward||Promotion to Conjurer rank|
Robe of the Conjurer
|Type||Arcane University quest|
Travel to Vahtacen and find Skaleel inside, who'll tell the Hero that they haven't been able to advance with the archaeological dig. Follow the map markers to the pillar and talk to Denel. He will instruct them to get a book from Skaleel, so go back to her and get the reference guide.
Head back to the room with the pillar, read all four of the stone inscriptions on the walls, and have Denel translate them. There is a chest next to him with scrolls they will need, plus some other random ones so it's not completely obvious what one need to use. They have to cast the spells on the pillar on target or use touch spells (must use spells on the pillar itself):
- av molag anyammis: Fire spell - target spell
- av mafre nagaia: Frost spell - target spell
- magicka loria: Sever Magicka - touch spell
- magicka sila: Fortify Magicka - or an elevate magicka scroll can also be used here, it is also a touch spell.
Any other order will result in the Hero receiving an electric shock. If done properly, each successive spell will lower the columns more. When all the pillars are lowered a staircase is revealed to the entrance to the Vahtacen Lorsel.
Head inside Vahtacen Lorsel and follow the hallways and rooms. Watch out for floors that either drop away or raise up to spike traps as well as automatic shock nodes on the ceilings.
Be on the lookout for Ayleid Coffers containing gold and Varla Stones or Welkynd Stones. Fight the two or three wraiths and, in the final large room, see a raised platform with collapsed stairs on either side.
Go past it and up the southeast stairs. Activate the switch on the right column, which raises the stairs in the middle of the room providing access to the center platform. Go up these stairs and one of the four columns on the platform contains a push button to reveal the goal, an Ancient Elven Helm (not magical).
With the helm in hand, go back up the southeast stairs, the wall at the top opened when the helm was taken, revealing an exit. There are some stashes full of enchanted items and gold to the left and right. There are a few more wraiths here, and at least one Lich.
Once the enemies are dispatched, follow the corridors back to Skaleel and speak to her. She will be very happy for the progress and tell the Hero to quickly return to the university. Return to the Imperial City and complete the quest by speaking with Irlav again.
Speak to Raminus about the next quest and advancement and receive the reward.
Raminus Polus has asked that I speak with Irlav Jarol about assisting with his research.
I need to find the Ayelid [sic] ruins of Vahtacen and speak with Skaleel.
A room in Vahtacen contains a pillar that reacts to magic. I need to figure out how it works, but I must be careful so that I am not harmed. It's been suggested that I should stay away from anything but simple, single-effect spells.
Skaleel may have some reference material for deciphering the Ayleid symbols in Vahtacen. I should ask her for it.
Denel has offered to find translations of the inscriptions on the walls of Vahtacen. I should read all the inscriptions, and then tell him what they say.
I've solved the puzzle of the pillar, opening up more of the ruins of Vahtacen.
I've found an object deep within Vahtacen. I should take it to Skaleel.
I need to deliver the Ayelid [sic] artifact to Irlav Jarol.
I have delivered the artifact to Irlav Jarol.
- If any spell scroll is wasted, a replacement can be purchased (there are several spell merchants).
- If the player leaves Vahtacen and waits three full days after which they left, the scrolls will appear back inside the chest.
- Saving is suggested before casting the scrolls, as this must be done in the proper order or the caster will get a strong electric shock and their health will deteriorate quickly.
- A strong anti-shock spell like Electric Shell will defend against the powerful shock correction received if the spell or sequence is wrong.
- Drain Magicka will not substitute for damage magicka.