Upon first arriving at Moss Mother Cavern, Valdr is found sitting outside the cave asking for help. When questioned about his identity, he indicates that he is a hunter coming from Falkreath. He and his hunting party, Ari and Niels, tracked a bear to the cave. While inside, they cornered the bear but were suddenly attacked by three Spriggans. The strange creatures killed his fellow hunters, and he barely escaped, being badly injured.
Valdr can be healed by using either potions or a spell like Healing Hands. After he is healed, he asks that the Spriggans in the cave be cleared out so that he can get to the bodies of his fallen friends.
For completing the task, Valdr awards Valdr's Lucky Dagger, which was a lucky gift given to him by Ari. Valdr indicates that he is to return to Falkreath, but only after burying his friends.
- After clearing out Moss Mother Cavern and obtaining his dagger, Valdr can be found in the Dead Man's Drink in Falkreath, but no further interactions can be had with him.
- When Valdr asks for a healing potion or a spell and cannot provide one, he might die, and the quest will stay in the player's journal.
If the player chooses to clear the Cavern without Valdr's assistance, then sometimes he may be hostile when exiting the Cavern. The quest then cannot be completed.
- On some occasions, he may turn hostile after giving him the healing potion.
- After completing the quest, don't talk to Valdr, he will come to the player and award his lucky dagger. Now talk to him, he will repeat the same thing he said before, and he will again award the lucky dagger.
- If he turns hostile, using a Calm spell makes him stop long enough to complete the quest, but he becomes hostile again after completing it.
- Sometimes if the player attempts to enter dialogue with Valdr, he will not respond and continue asking for a potion; this can be solved by reloading the game from the last save point and talking to him again.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Unless otherwise stated, the information above was obtained from in-game play or from The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Creation Kit 
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (First appearance)