He describes how he remembers Valenwood looking, because the Riften trees remind him of autumn in Valenwood. He, like most people of Riften, is tired of Riften's corruption by Maven Black-Briar and wants to leave.
In Dawnguard, Valindor is a possible target during the quest "New Allegiances," in which Vingalmo, courtier in Castle Volkihar, asks the Dragonborn to turn the target into a vampire for political purposes.
Hard work is relaxing workEdit
Svana: "How do you do it, Valindor? How do you work at Black-Briar Meadery and the Fishery without getting exhausted?"
Valindor: "Oh, it's not so terrible. I actually find the work quite relaxing."
Svana: "Relaxing? They must be working you to the bone! You should rest before you do yourself in."
Valindor: "Not to worry, dear Svana. I promise you I can handle it, but your concern is quite flattering."
- "Well met. I don't think they're hiring anyone at the moment, so if you're looking for work, you're out of luck."
- "The trees... they're beautiful here. Reminds me of autumn at home."
- "The fall forest makes me miss my childhood; playing among the towering trees in Valenwood and living with my brethren."
- "Seeing the sorry state of this city almost makes me regret my decision to leave my home when my apprenticeship completed."
- "I was fortunate enough to be guided by one of Silvenar's master armorers until he passed."
- "On his deathbed, my master urged me to take over his business but I decided against it. I chose to wander Tamriel instead."
- "Now here I am, working for this dreary city's Fishery. I sometimes wonder why I don't just move on."
- When owning the house Honeyside in Riften, he can be seen occasionally walking through one's house as a shortcut from the harbor into Riften city.