Valthume is an ancient Nordic tomb in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. Located southeast of Markarth in the Reach, it serves as the tomb of a Dragon Priest named Hevnoraak. It can also be reached by going up the hill, to the southwest of Gloomreach, or following the path south from Dushnikh Yal.
Since it is not the location of any main quest, this dungeon is easy to miss. However, it is not possible to get all levels of all Dragon Shouts without it.
- Valthume Catacombs
- Valthume Vestibule
There are a great number of leveled Draugr here, as well as the Dragon Priest Hevnoraak.
- Dragon Priest – Hevnoraak
- Draugr Deathlords
- Draugr Death Overlords
- Frostbite Spiders
- Draugr Scourges
- Restless Draugrs
- Draugr Wights
- Pressure buttons causing lamps filled with hot coals to fall in oil slicks.
- Large trap door in floor; it looks like a metal grate. If fallen into, the Dragonborn will land in a pit with a small tunnel off of it. There are four frostbite spiders and a draugr in the tunnel, and an expert locked door. Key can be found on the draugr.
- Upon entering the Valthume catacombs, there is a trip-wired chest that releases a giant frostbite spider.
- A pressure plate that activates swinging axes is seen down the first hallway in the catacombs.
- Soul gems that shoot fire can also be found. The gems can be disabled by grabbing the soul gems from the room looking out at the hallway they shoot into, or knocking them off with arrows or the Unrelenting Force Dragon Shout. The room next to the hallway has a Draugr Deathlord in it before coming to the flame hallway.
- Pressure plate activating a swinging spike wall.
- When the iron dragon claw is picked up, it activates a pressure plate, and the four statues around the pedestal will begin to breathe fire.
- There is also a swinging log, which is activated when a door is opened.
- Hevnoraak's Staff - on Hevnoraak
- Hevnoraak (Mask) - on Hevnoraak
- Ebony Shield - found in room where the dragon priest's spirit/ghost is first seen. Can only be reached by jumping on the wood on the side of the room, then leaping to the platform. Chest with random loot can be found above the shield.
- Ancient Nord Helmet - near Valdar's throne
- Spell Tome: Oakflesh
- Withershins Skill Book: Restoration - close to the entry in Valthume
- Possible location for Kahvozein's Fang
- A Flawless Emerald on a plate on a shelf, along with an Amethyst and Garnet, in a room to the left of the room where Hevnoraak's spirit is first seen.
- Evil in Waiting
- Letter from a Friend
- Possible location for Shalidor's Insights
- Possible location for Alteration Ritual Spell
This section contains bugs related to Valthume. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
|Click to see the list of bugs encountered|