Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This piece of armor is only available in three locations:
- Found on a shelf next to a coffin in Castle Volkihar Ruins during the quest "Chasing Echoes".
- Obtained from Harkon's remains after he is killed during the quest "Kindred Judgment".
- Can be pickpocketed off of Serana if she is not a follower and the Dragonborn has the perk Perfect Touch active or she is equipped with a different armor.
Wearing this piece of armor grants the following skill bonuses:
- Fortify Magicka Regen: 125 points
- During the loading screen, an unnamed vampire wearing the Vampire Royal Armor can be seen.
- There are two different variants - both look the same on males, but have different colors on females. One variant, 00b5db, is standard armor and is worn by Harkon and Serana. The other, 0194c5, is unobtainable and worn by Valerica.
- Serana wears Vampire Royal Armor as her default armor, but it will not appear in her inventory. Additionally, when in the sun Serana will put the hood up, but the Dragonborn cannot activate the hood on their set.
- A good alternative to Serana's hood to use (without console commands) is a black mage's hood (such as the Apprentice Hood).
- This is one of the few equippable items in Skyrim to have a cape, the others being the Hammerfell Garb and the Nightingale Armor.
- The enchantment stacks well with Morokei.
- The set of armor found in the Castle Volkihar Ruins will respawn, along with the silver sword next to it.
- Though the alternately colored set worn by Valerica can be obtained via console commands, it cannot be upgraded.
- The crest located on the armor's right side depicts the visage of Molag Bal, the Daedric Prince of domination.
- There is an unused version of Vampire Royal Armor variant known as "Vampire Lord Armor". It looks identical to Vampire Royal Armor in the inventory but it has no physical model when worn. It can also be worn with other armors, and can only be acquired via console command.
This section contains bugs related to Vampire Royal Armor. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- Chasing Echoes quest and enters one of the east or west towers, then returns into the ruins, there may be another set of Vampire Royal Armor in the same place. Multiple copies of this armor can be obtained. After the Dragonborn gets the first copy of the armor from the Castle Volkihar Ruins, if they leave from the way they came during the
- If this armor is placed on a mannequin, a Vampire Armor will spawn and the Vampire Royal Armor will be un-equipped.
- If the Vampire Lord Armor is equipped in Vampire Lord form and then un-equipped, it will glitch and leave Dragonborn with nothing on in human form.