Vampirism is a disease in The Elder Scrolls Online that has various effects on the character's appearance, resistances and even adds a new skill tree. It has four stages of severity, with every stage making the negative effects stronger but also reducing the cost of vampiric abilities. Stage one is the least severe one and four the most severe. Over time vampirism progresses to higher levels, and feeding on Characters or other players resets vampirism to stage one.
The player can get infected with vampirism by getting attacked by an NPC vampire, or by being fed on by another player who is afflicted with vampirism. Any player with lycanthropy is immune to vampirism and vice versa.
Every vampire has a weakness to fire damage and regenerates health more slowly than as a humanoid. The health regeneration penalty, as well as weakness to fire grows bigger with every stage towards stage four.
Vampire skill treeEdit
- Bat Swarm (surrounds the caster with a swarm of bats, deals magic damage to nearby enemies for the duration)
- Drain Essence (drains target's magicka and turns it to health and stamina for the caster)
- Mist Form (take 75% less damage, immunity to healing magic & control abilities)
- Savage Feeding (feeding stuns the victim for a couple of seconds)
- Supernatural Recovery (increases magicka and stamina recovery)
- Blood Ritual (allows the player to turn other players into vampires every 7 days)
- Undeath (increases damage mitigation when under 30% health)
- Unnatural Resistance (health recovery increased in vampirism stages 2 through 4)
- Dark Stalker (increases movement speed while sneaking, entering sneak is faster at night)
- U6: Decreased the amount of damage you take from fire to 40% from 50%.
- U7: Fixed an issue where you could unintentionally contract both Vampirism and Lycanthropy at the same time. 
- U7: Reduced the fire damage you receive to 25% from 40%. 
- U8: Vampire and Werewolf bites are now permanent, and can only be removed by getting a cure or fully transforming into a Vampire or Werewolf. 
- U8: In the rare and unintended event you are able to obtain both the werewolf and vampire skill lines, you will now be considered a Vampire by default. You will be prevented from using the Werewolf Transformation or benefiting from its passive Stamina Recovery. 
- The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall
- The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
- The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
- The Elder Scrolls Online