Varona is first encountered outside of Tel Mithryn where she can be observed talking with Master Neloth's apprentice Talvas Fathryon.
During the quest she travels to Raven Rock for supplies, but is attacked and killed by Ash Spawn. Her body is found on the outskirts away from Tel Mithryn towards trees.
- Varona Nelas is also the name of a Telvanni sorceress living in Assumanu in The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind.
- Varona may appear behind Tel Mithryn.
- Her body may be under Tel Mithryn and inaccessible.
- Solution: By activating the Ritual Stone, one may use this power on the rock where she is stuck, and she will then be reanimated. Kill her, and then inspect her corpse.
- When finding her corpse, she may not have her clothes equiped, but they can be looted off her.
- She can sometimes appear in Nchardak if player has not spoken to her before The Path of Knowledge quest
- She may just die in Tel Mithryn whilst standing next to Talvas Fathryon.