Captain Velehk Sain, also called "the Pirate King of the Abecean" is a Dremora who practiced piracy in the Abecean Sea. In 4E 201, he can be found trapped in the Midden Dark  after a tragedy involving four students of the College of Winterhold (who died from lethal cases of "Conjurer's burn" for attempting a summon they could not handle). Velehk Sain and his crew are described as merciless, cruel pirates, and going against them would be suicidal. Their ship's presence was rumored to cause madness.
Upon meeting, he informs the Last Dragonborn that the Daedric Relic is part of a binding spell holding him in Mundus. He claims to belong on a ship in the Abecean Sea and wants you to release him in exchange for wealth. This wealth comes from an Imperial Galleon, which he needed to stash away while traveling. He can be killed, and his loot is that of two Scimitars, a Hammerfell Garb, Redguard Boots and a Daedra Heart, while releasing him offers the opportunity to find his buried treasure, only visible upon proximity.
- It should be noted that if trying to kill Velehk, the Conjuration spells Banish Daedra and Expel Daedra do not affect him as expected, rather they drain his health until he dies.
- He can be pickpocketed for the loot that can be obtained from killing him, although this method will prevent the treasure chest from appearing.
- Velehk Sain can be brought back with a Reanimate Corpse spell and will never disintegrate, as with all Dremora.
- He can be Dead Thralled.
- If the player is strong and quick enough, they can kill Velehk after agreeing to release him. This can be done by closing the dialogue box while he still finishes his last sentence, as he will give the player the map and will not disappear until he is done talking. This gives the player a split second to act before Velehk warps away, although his body may still disappear into the vortex he creates, thus preventing it from being looted. Be aware that this action sometimes glitches the quest: the treasure chest may still not appear, even though the treasure map is in your inventory.
- Killing Velehk does not count towards charging the Ebony Blade.
- Velehk can be used to max out Conjuration level. Since Daedra bodies do not turn to ash after being raised and killed, simply kill and raise him again and again until reaching level 100. This works as long as his head is not cut off when killed.
- If the player cannot fast travel with Velehk in order to level up with his corpse, it is possible to animate his body and have him follow the player to the Hall of the Elements. There the player can kill him and carry his body to the magical fountain in the middle of the room and level up from there; the fountain will block him from getting out.
- When given the option to either release or banish him, his name is spelled "Vehlek Sain" in the release option. His name is spelled "Velehk Sain" in all other instances of his name appearing.
- During the events of The Elder Scrolls Online in 2E 582, he can be seen protecting the Dark Anchors, hinting a possible connection between him and Molag Bal.
- When he teleports, he becomes disabled.