If the decision is made to release him, he will provide a map to his treasure. The treasure will not appear until he has been encountered, nor will it appear if he is killed instead of freed.
A method for obtaining both the map and his personal loot is to release him, then cancel the conversation while he is still talking and quickly attack and kill him before he's finished speaking. A paralysis weapon works well to immobilize him or use the Dragon Shout Slow Time. The map will have been transferred during the dialogue, and the body is still lootable (this method does not always work however, as sometimes the treasure will not appear even with the map in possession).
Location of the TreasureEdit
The map is very misleading. Once at water level, head directly west from the College of Winterhold to a rather flat peninsula that appears to have a path going up it. Walking to either side all the way around the peninsula will reveal a large statue of Talos, and below that on the ground should be the treasure. The peninsula is just southwest of Ysgramor's Tomb.
Another way to find the treasure is to stand by the beached rowboat at Pilgrim's Trench and look south-east.
|Surrounding the Chest|
|Coin purse x 3|
|Amulet of Talos|
|Silver garnet ring|
|Gold emerald ring|
|Gold ingot x6|
|Imperial sword of (Random Enchant)|
|In the chest|
Copper and sapphire circlet
|Velehk Sains's locker (randomized)|
This section contains bugs related to Velehk Sain's Treasure. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- A Snowy Sabre Cat might spawn nearby, run up and tackle all the booty, making all of it, except the chest, fall through the ground.
- If you kill Velehk Sain during his dialogue the treasure may not appear, even if you have the map.
- If the player's character dies after freeing Velehk Sain and before retrieving the treasure, the quest to get the treasure will leave.
- Sometimes even when you have the map and you have released Velehk Sain the treasure won't appear.
- It is possible to acquire both Velehk Sain's Treasure and all of his available item's. By using The Staff of Paralysis (or spell possibly) and the Wabbajack to immobilize him and keep him from reentering oblivion. As soon as the map is given, paralyze then wabbajack then paralyze again.
Velehk Sain can be dead thralled.