- Speak with Crassius Curio
- Head to Hla Oad
- Find Velfred the Outlaw
- Convince him to pay House Hlaalu or kill him.
- Return to Curio
Upon reaching the rank of Lawman in House Hlaalu, quests can be received from Crassius Curio in Vivec City, Hlaalu Canton. Curio will ask to get Velfred the Outlaw to pay some smuggling fees to the house. Curio does not say where the outlaw can be found but suggests trying asking around Hla Oad.
Travel to Hla Oad. The people there will say that Velfred and his ship are at a secret dock to the southwest of town. Once the outlaw is found, either convince him to pay the fee (raise his disposition to around 75) or simply kill him.
Then, return to Curio in Vivec to complete the quest and receive 500 if the outlaw was killed, or 1000 if persuaded. Curio's disposition increases by ten and five points of Hlaalu faction reputation will be received either way.
- There are two skill books in the captain's room on his ship. Charwich-Koniinge Letters, v1, increasing the Unarmored skill, and Bone, Book II increasing the Medium Armor skill.
- The Nerevarine can find the Ash Statues on the lower deck of his ship. Mentioning these will make Velfred attack the Nerevarine.
- If Crassius is asked about the ash statues, he will warn the Nerevarine that they are dangerous, and say he was not aware Velfred was involved with them.
|Velfred the Outlaw|
|10||Crassius Curio has heard that an outlaw named Velfred has been smuggling goods. I must find Velfred and put an end to his smuggling operation.
|50||I convinced Velfred the Outlaw to pay House Hlaalu the proper respect.|
|100||Crassius Curio thanked me for killing Velfred.
This section contains bugs related to Velfred the Outlaw (Quest). Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- Even if you convince Velfred to pay House Hlaalu, rather than killing him, Crassius still thanks you for killing him.
- The game does not discern between different ash statutes. If the topic is active and you talk to Velfred about it, he will attack, whether you saw his statues or not. This dialog features a second bug: You can only talk about ash statues if you do not carry one.