Veloth was a Chimer prophet. He is chiefly remembered as the prophet who was responsible for leading the Chimer people from the northern regions into Resdayn (now known as Morrowind), although A Short History of Morrowind and other sources suggest that they were migrating from the Summerset Isles. It is said that his people became the Dunmer after a curse from Azura, following the events that took place at Red Mountain.
Veloth has also been known to occasionally help the faithful of the Tribunal Temple. According to Prayers of Baranat, when Baranat needed help defeating Vanis Coribael, he prayed to Veloth, and "Saint Veloth the Pilgrim appeared before Baranat in shining robes, and smiled upon him", and instructed him to use his fists instead.
During the events of The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind, shrines dedicated to him can be found across Vvardenfell, inside Temples, such as the High Fane in Vivec City, the Ghostgate Temple in the Ashlands, or the Holamayan Monastery in Azura's Coast region.
After finding Saint Veloth's skull, his spirit must be spoken to.
- It is possible that the real-life inspiration for the prophet Veloth was Tenoch, the tribal leader who led the Aztec people to Lake Texcoco. According to legend, the Méxica (Aztecs) had been shunned by the Colhua people after sacrificing the King's daughter, and Tenoch received a vision and led the Méxica to Lake Texcoco, where they founded the city of Tenochtitlán.
- The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind (Mentioned only)
- The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (Mentioned only)
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Mentioned only)
- The Elder Scrolls Online (Appears as a ghost or a spirit)